Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,215 members, 7,953,795 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:38 AM

Traffic Gridlock In Lagos Caused By Ojukwu’s Lying-in-state! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traffic Gridlock In Lagos Caused By Ojukwu’s Lying-in-state! (790 Views)

Alamieyeseigha's 'Official' OBITUARY Leaves Out LYING-IN-STATE / Dolapo Osinbajo Gets Emotional At HID Awolowo's Lying In State / Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Traffic Gridlock In Lagos Caused By Ojukwu’s Lying-in-state! by BlackPikiN(m): 3:55pm On Feb 23, 2012
Lagos – As the late Ikemba Nnewi, Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu was lying-in-state at the Tafawa Balewa Square, (TBS) Lagos, traffic in almost the entire metropolis came to a near stand-still on Thursday.

The heavy traffic recorded at the Funsho Williams Ave. /Lagos Island and Apapa routes were attributed to the lying-in-state of Ojukwu.

The witnesse observed that the routes were completely blocked.

Some road users who spoke lamented over the situation which they said had kept them on the road for hours.

Mr Wale Olagunsoye, an Ikeja-bound commercial driver, while narrating his ordeal in the gridlock from Lagos Island to Costain alleged that traffic agents did not control the situation.

“I do not know the cause of this heavy traffic and why the traffic wardens were nowhere to be found to bail us out of this mess,” Olagunsoye said.

Mr Paul Okafor, a businessman,said that he decided to walk from Eric Moore to TBS to pay his last respect to Ojukwu when he noticed the traffic congestion.

“Although the traffic is heavy, I have to park my car somewhere at Eric Moore so as to have a glimpse of the remains of Ojukwu who has contributed immensely to the building of this nation,” he said.

Okafor called for the deployment of traffic control agents to strategic routes to arrest the situation.

Mr Chika Michael, a commuter, said he was disappointed because he had to pay N200 instead of N70 from Orile to the Island, yet, had to get down from the bus and walk. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/traffic-gridlock-in-lagos-caused-by-ojukwus-lying-in-state/
Re: Traffic Gridlock In Lagos Caused By Ojukwu’s Lying-in-state! by cantell(m): 3:58pm On Feb 23, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Mr Paul Okafor, a businessman,said that he decided to walk from Eric Moore to TBS to pay his last respect to Ojukwu when he noticed the traffic congestion.

“Although the traffic is heavy, I have to park my car somewhere at Eric Moore so as to have a glimpse of the remains of Ojukwu who has contributed immensely to the building of this nation,” he said.
Make yoruba people for this forum see that bolded sentence. It should be disintegration.
Re: Traffic Gridlock In Lagos Caused By Ojukwu’s Lying-in-state! by youngmonie: 4:36pm On Feb 23, 2012
cantell:

Make yoruba people for this forum see that bolded sentence. It should be disintegration.

True Fact

(1) (Reply)

King’s College Old Students Prepare For Ojukwu’s Burial / Who Is Your Most Respected Politician In Nigeria Since 1999? / Who Is More Retarded? Ojukwu & Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.