Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,920 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples (50222 Views)

A Photographic Tour Of Southwest Nigerian Peoples / Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? / Pictures Of African Traditional Clothing! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2012
PhysicsQED: @ pagan 9ja, I've seen some pretty pale and whitish looking Iranians just as I've seen some tanner and more olive skinned ones. Why are you under the impression that only the Persians in India represent the 'true' appearance of ancient Iranians? They could be slightly mixed with some darker Indian groups, after all.

I suspect that "pure" Iranians would be even whiter looking than the whitest looking Arabs.

hahaha loooooooool i am not going to take that excuse. i have so many affluent Zoroastrian acquaintances. if there was ever a community that says that it doesnt mix, it is them and i would believe it. the Zoroastrians have such strict laws that mixing can result in eternal banishment from the community and ridiculment. the Zoroastrians went so far as "importing" fellow Zoroastrians from Iranian in order to preserve their lineage. no way they are mixed. and they are filthy rich. every family own huge palatial bunglows and 10 vintage cars and rolce royces. you think they would mix with lower-caste darker Indian groups and let the wealth flow out?? they were right-hnd men of the british during the days of the Empire.
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PhysicsQED(m): 7:19pm On Aug 16, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

hahaha loooooooool i am not going to take that excuse. i have so many affluent Zoroastrian acquaintances. if there was ever a community that says that it doesnt mix, it is them and i would believe it. the Zoroastrians have such strict laws that mixing can result in eternal banishment from the community and ridiculment. the Zoroastrians went so far as "importing" fellow Zoroastrians from Iranian in order to preserve their lineage. no way they are mixed. and they are filthy rich. every family own huge palatial bunglows and 10 vintage cars and rolce royces. you think they would mix with lower-caste darker Indian groups and let the wealth flow out?? they were right-hnd men of the british during the days of the Empire.

Well there were different types of Iranians in very ancient times: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Iranian_peoples

So some of the different groups could have been slightly darker than others.

This is an Iranian from Tehran:

http://www.tissueeng.net/lab/people.php?cat=1

He's pretty much as dark as the Farsi guy you posted. Anyway, I don't think there's evidence of some kind of extensive mixing of Arabs and Iranians in Iran.

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:26pm On Aug 16, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Well there were different types of Iranians in very ancient times: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Iranian_peoples

So some of the different groups could have been slightly darker than others.

This is an Iranian from Tehran:

http://www.tissueeng.net/lab/people.php?cat=1

He's pretty much as dark as the Farsi guy you posted. Anyway, I don't think there's evidence of some kind of extensive mixing of Arabs and Iranians in Iran.

you are ignorant of the large scale r.ape, attrocities and massacre that took place after the arabian conquest. the shias progeniter , ali, was himself the son of a persian slave princess who was r.aped by the arabs. persian women were highly priced and sold across arabian territories for as cheap as 1000 dinars.
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PhysicsQED(m): 7:51pm On Aug 16, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

you are ignorant of the large scale r.ape, attrocities and massacre that took place after the arabian conquest. the shias progeniter , ali, was himself the son of a persian slave princess who was r.aped by the arabs. persian women were highly priced and sold across arabian territories for as cheap as 1000 dinars.

Even if this is true (the part I'm skeptical of is about it being on a "large scale" that would be sufficient to alter their appearance that much) do you actually think that so called "pure" Iranians are originally darker than Arabs?

Considering that they speak an Indo-European language and the fact that Iran gets cold enough that it snows in parts of Iran, does this really sound all that plausible to you?

Looking at Khatami, Larijani, the various Ayatollahs etc., I'd think it would be easier to find "white" looking Iranians than "white" looking Arabs, even if many Iranians might look more like Ahmadinejad or the Farsi.
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:02am On Aug 17, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Even if this is true (the part I'm skeptical of is about it being on a "large scale" that would be sufficient to alter their appearance that much) do you actually think that so called "pure" Iranians are originally darker than Arabs?

Considering that they speak an Indo-European language and the fact that Iran gets cold enough that it snows in parts of Iran, does this really sound all that plausible to you?

Looking at Khatami, Larijani, the various Ayatollahs etc., I'd think it would be easier to find "white" looking Iranians than "white" looking Arabs, even if many Iranians might look more like Ahmadinejad or the Farsi.

NOT THEY ARE NOT DARKER! YOU DONT GET MY POINT! what i am TRYING to say is that climate and other factors do AFFECT the appearance of people. IRanians are supposed to be as you described but the full-blooded ones in INdia are gradually adapting their features to the weather and other conditions. it is a natural process!
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PhysicsQED(m): 12:25am On Aug 17, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

NOT THEY ARE NOT DARKER! YOU DONT GET MY POINT! what i am TRYING to say is that climate and other factors do AFFECT the appearance of people. IRanians are supposed to be as you described but the full-blooded ones in INdia are gradually adapting their features to the weather and other conditions. it is a natural process!

Oh. I totally misread you there. Sorry about that.
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by Nobody: 1:02am On Aug 17, 2012
Black and Asian is probably the most exotic mix ever....

I know I said that before grin

but they are. It's a common mix in the caribbean. smiley

Something about Ebony skin and oriental features...it's a beautiful thing.
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 17, 2012
The madagascar mix (african and polynesian) is actually ancient.
Since WAY before the 1800s.

I wonder where exactly in Africa the Africans who populate the island were from.
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PhysicsQED(m): 1:05am On Aug 17, 2012
MsDarkSkin: Something about Ebony skin and oriental features...it's a beautiful thing.

If this thread is anything to go by, it's an ordinary thing. I didn't see much actual beauty in this thread, but then again, beauty is subjective.

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 17, 2012
PhysicsQED:

If this thread is anything to go by, it's an ordinary thing. I didn't see much actual beauty in this thread, but then again, beauty is subjective.

Good for you. smiley
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 17, 2012
You can see both of her racial origins CLEARLY.

She looks very African and very Asian as well.

[img]http://www.socialedge.org/portal_memberdata/portraits/eugenytk[/img]
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 17, 2012
Amerie is African American and Korean....

Now I know she is not Malagasy BUT it's kinda cool knowing there are entire nations filled with people like her. smiley

Not to say I prefer mixed people but it is rather fascinating to see what difference races can produce. smiley

I am just trying to get out of my box and explore different things.
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:10am On Aug 17, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Oh. I totally misread you there. Sorry about that.

yes good no problem.
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 5:48am On Aug 24, 2012

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 1:39am On Aug 26, 2012
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 1:40am On Aug 26, 2012
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 7:04am On Aug 28, 2012

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 7:08am On Aug 28, 2012

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 7:16am On Aug 28, 2012
fun fact the first people to come to Madagascar were Austronesian
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 7:24am On Aug 28, 2012

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2012
Hot Girl grin
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by pazienza(m): 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2012
Nice thread,i enjoyed all of it. Hope they don't have people like ayanle there.

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by ruvaka: 11:37pm On Jan 02, 2013
smileyHi I'm from madagascar! Its so lovely seeing your posts about malagasy people. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 4:20pm On Jan 03, 2013
ruvaka: smileyHi I'm from madagascar! Its so lovely seeing your posts about malagasy people. smiley

My little contribution to expanded the knowledge of the peoples of Africa (regardless of so called 'race' concepts)

Glad you enjoyed.

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 8:23pm On Jan 03, 2013
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 4:16am On Jan 10, 2013
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 10:29pm On Jan 15, 2013
^^^
At TerryCarr

just wondering are you "colored" South African??
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 2:57am On Jan 16, 2013
morpheus24: ^^^
At TerryCarr

just wondering are you "colored" South African??
black American

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 6:34pm On Jan 29, 2013
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 6:42pm On Jan 29, 2013
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by riyaq: 3:58am On Feb 03, 2013
some of those pictures look like just normal indians or maybe some horners.

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 7:54am On Feb 03, 2013
riyaq: some of those pictures look like just normal indians or maybe some horners.
more or less

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Puts Python In His Mouth In Osun State (Photos) / Olori Memunat, Alaafi Of Oyo's Wife Celebrates Her Birthday With Stunning Photos / Machete Passes Through Man's Stomach, During Cultural Display In Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.