Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples (50209 Views)

A Photographic Tour Of Southwest Nigerian Peoples / Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? / Pictures Of African Traditional Clothing! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 10:54pm On Feb 04, 2013

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 12:01pm On Jun 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 12:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
whats up terry? smiley\

you're always posting and disappearing lol.

nive thread. can we get more info on their history and culture?
perhaps some videos as well? smiley

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
TerryCarr:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHVHAgJt9aA

^^^ wink
lol you just needed to delete the "s" after http grin
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 5:39am On Jun 13, 2013
ok i will
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:19am On Jun 13, 2013
TerryCarr:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHVHAgJt9aA

I swear if i didnt know they were Malagasy, I wouldve mistaken half of them for Phillipinos. tongue
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by riyaq: 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2013
which ethnic group are we worshipping today?
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:51pm On Jun 15, 2013
riyaq: which ethnic group are we worshipping today?

lol

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2013
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by forYuhEarsOnly(m): 2:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
Africa is the home of diversity and I love that very much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by VudulessAyisien(f): 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2015
I went to school with a Malagasy girl. She looked Filipino but often identified as Black because of her African pride. Black in the US seems to be a complex political construct rather than a racial category, because actual ebony skinned afro-descended people from other countries often don't identify as Black but as their ethnic group or tribe, especially those from spanish-speaking countries. (No race "owns" a color or can be reduced to a color. That is a European fantasy lol. The African race is made up of various phenotypes, as is the European one. Chinese people are also white skinned. Does this make them white? White is a color. Black is a color. To be more honest, most Africans are brown dark brown or medium brown). Racializing people by color is silly and anti-scientific. The title of this thread is wonderful because it doesn't fall into the color fallacy. It stays scientific: African and Asian, and then specifies what African and Asian categories wink

just throwing in my 2 cents smiley I had first hand interactions with Malagasy people and they're like any other. I saw the very filipino-looking ones. Mango-colored skin and straight black hair.

also, people don't just darken due to climate. If so, all South African European people would be deep brown by now and not suffering from the 2nd highest skin cancer rates in the world. Same goes for the Europeans of Australia. Shocking rates of skin cancer. That Iranian Indian story sounds suspect. The genes for darker skin would have to be present initially in the Iranian. It can't just develop. Light cannot create dark. A Tanzanian can give birth to an albino, but a European cannot give birth to a Tanzanian. Not to say euros and albinos are the same, but I'm focusing on color genes.

2 Likes

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by Dnegrose11: 1:46pm On Mar 05, 2019
pis add me on WhatsApp les chat i really want to liv dis country..08055138852
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by Starboytwo(m): 1:10am On Mar 06, 2019
Cc bigmex

I just sent you pm bro... I wanna know more about your system... Just read it now... Would like to do more research on it... You don't mind if I ask questions...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Puts Python In His Mouth In Osun State (Photos) / Olori Memunat, Alaafi Of Oyo's Wife Celebrates Her Birthday With Stunning Photos / Machete Passes Through Man's Stomach, During Cultural Display In Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.