Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4439697 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ghettodreamz(m): 8:46am On Jun 03, 2015
Bamz:

June 3rd (today)

Okies, thanks for your response.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 5:28pm On Jun 03, 2015
BANK JUST CALL ME THAT MY BIDDING WAS UNSUCCCESSFUL angry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 6:13pm On Jun 03, 2015
just2endowed:
did you go with the bank rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tunene66: 6:18pm On Jun 03, 2015
just2endowed:

It is normally better to go with the bank rate, note rates are generally low as the CBN is awaiting the Government's fiscal policy direction
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
Bamz:

June 3rd (today)

I was told there was no bidding today. Gtbank.

Does anyone have the time table pls
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 8:05pm On Jun 03, 2015
princeuk21:
did you go with the bank rate?

No..... They told me it's 8 percent
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 6:31am On Jun 04, 2015
Chillisauce:

I was told there was no bidding today. Gtbank.

Does anyone have the time table pls

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by faith2ogesco(m): 12:05pm On Jun 05, 2015
men i need to increase my financial intelligence
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sammily(m): 1:25pm On Jun 05, 2015
Afternoon bosses, anyone with the stop rate for Wednesday's auction?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 1:38pm On Jun 05, 2015
sammily:
Afternoon bosses, anyone with the stop rate for Wednesday's auction?

Good day XXXXXX,

Please find below the results of the Primary Auction:

PRIMARY MARKET AUCTION RESULT

TENOR (DAYS) STOP RATE

91 9.799%

182 12.70%

364 12.9999%

Please note that Bidders either won or lost at their own quotes. Therefore, quotes higher than stop rates above were not successful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 7:16pm On Jun 05, 2015
feelamong:

Good day XXXXXX,

TENOR (DAYS) STOP RATE

91 9.799%

182 12.70%

364 12.9999%

Please note that Bidders either won or lost at their own quotes. Therefore, quotes higher than stop rates above were not successful.
that's why its good to go with the bank rate sometimes.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 8:54pm On Jun 05, 2015
I got 9.1 for 91 days considering other sundry bank deductions.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 05, 2015
Yeah you're right I always leave FBN to take care of things. This latest bid, mine was successful 12.6% out of the closing rate of 12.7% for 182days. That's strategic. My second deal so far since learning about TBills on this thread. Both were close to target.

Only thing is I need to know how they calculate the custody fee. Anyone to the rescue?!
princeuk21:
that's why its good to go with the bank rate sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seemples(f): 8:08am On Jun 06, 2015
Bamz:

Please is the auction done weekly now;
I thought it was per fortnight??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 9:18am On Jun 06, 2015
seemples:

Please is the auction done weekly now;
I thought it was per fortnight??

Hello there,

It's done fortnightly unless otherwise specified during certain 'special periods'.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ANBAKO: 11:42am On Jun 06, 2015
Mine successful through GTB @ 12.6% for 182days. First trade in TBills. ...nice one good cash in.....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seemples(f): 11:50am On Jun 06, 2015
Bamz:

Hello there,

It's done fortnightly unless otherwise specified during certain 'special periods'.

Ok thanks! I asked cos of the dates on the schedule.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ezehrobinson(m): 6:28pm On Jun 06, 2015
Good evening forumites, I just finished reading Robert Kiyosaki's rich dad and poor dad and I realized that I've been financially illiterate all these while. I was really impressed to come across this topic. Please I want to know the procedures involved in buying treasury bills cos I have dormant cash in bank. I would also love to know if the 10% interest on 91days is calculated per month or just 10% for the whole three months.
Thanks in anticipation as you guys help me in my quest for financial intelligence.

PS: Is treasury bill and shares, which is better?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojtech: 8:22pm On Jun 06, 2015
feelamong:

Good day XXXXXX,

TENOR (DAYS) STOP RATE

91 9.799%

182 12.70%

364 12.9999%

Good day house, please I invested 100k for 91days @fbn for the purchase of tbills . To my utmost surprise I got an sms stating NTB intr: N524.89 on last thursday.
Someone should please shed more light on this low interest value. Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ANBAKO: 3:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
Ezehrobinson:
Good evening forumites, I just finished reading Robert Kiyosaki's rich dad and poor dad and I realized that I've been financially illiterate all these while. I was really impressed to come across this topic. Please I want to know the procedures involved in buying treasury bills cos I have dormant cash in bank. I would also love to know if the 10% interest on 91days is calculated per month or just 10% for the whole three months.
Thanks in anticipation as you guys help me in my quest for financial intelligence.

PS: Is treasury bill and shares, which is better?

The 10% is your interest calculated per year hence for 3 months, you will divide 10% by 4 = 2.5%. For the three months, you will have an approx. mathematical interest of 2.5% for the 91 days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FKBZ: 6:32pm On Jun 07, 2015
Have some investment on tbills in gtb which should expire Aug,did for 91 days.
Now am planning to do a year plan for tbills.the interest I plan to get should be able to start a new bizness for me.but am scared that a year is too long,how many of u have locked your money up for up to a year.

Spoke to my dad recently and we were gisting abt bills,me was letting him know its risk free,but he said something which shocked me and that is if the economy collapses nko. shocked
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by redvektor(m): 12:35am On Jun 08, 2015
Please gurus how much can i invest in t bills and what are the risks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolaskynov: 7:24am On Jun 09, 2015
FKBZ:
Have some investment on tbills in gtb which should expire Aug,did for 91 days.
Now am planning to do a year plan for tbills.the interest I plan to get should be able to start a new bizness for me.but am scared that a year is too long,how many of u have locked your money up for up to a year.

Spoke to my dad recently and we were gisting abt bills,me was letting him know its risk free,but he said something which shocked me and that is if the economy collapses nko. shocked

Brother,go ahead and invest long term. I also nurtured the same fears you currently had and ended up making a huge mess of my initial capital that would have been seriously ''working'' for me by now. I was fortunate to invest big time long-term during the uncertain election period early this year and I am the better for it...Nigeria did not ''roast" afterall...most of our fears only exist in the ephemeral anyways...
The more you stall,the more value your money loses over time especially in the current circumstances...GO AHEAD!!!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FKBZ: 10:42am On Jun 09, 2015
Damolaskynov:

Brother,go ahead and invest long term. I also nurtured the same fears you currently had and ended up making a huge mess of my initial capital that would have been seriously ''working'' for me by now. I was fortunate to invest big time long-term during the uncertain election period early this year and I am the better for it...Nigeria did not ''roast" afterall...most of our fears only exist in the ephemeral anyways...
The more you stall,the more value your money loses over time especially in the current circumstances...GO AHEAD!!!
Thanks guy,I can see u got over 15 percent for ur 1 yr plan,good money I must tell u.
Just waiting for Aug to reinvest,but I pray b4 then the percentage obtainable won't have fallen drastically.
What do u think can increase or give higher percentage maybe political unrest grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Luckystar220: 12:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
Gud afternoon house, pls something confused me alot in this treasure bills investment pls i nid answers. If sum1 should invest after 91 days and get his moni and capital back can he also invest again that same year e.g i invest in January till march and get my capital n interest bk can i invest again in April-june dat same year pls you pple should help me out.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by whyniel: 12:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
Never knew there's a forum like this before fixing and rolling over my fixed deposit principal.
Anyways, may I ask if the bank rates differs and which bank can one go with considering using bank rate?
I'm a complete novice to this please.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 2:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
Luckystar220:
Gud afternoon house, pls something confused me alot in this treasure bills investment pls i nid answers. If sum1 should invest after 91 days and get his moni and capital back can he also invest again that same year e.g i invest in January till march and get my capital n interest bk can i invest again in April-june dat same year pls you pple should help me out.

YOU CAN ROLL OVER AS MUCH AS U WANT ..I mean u can re-invest ur money over and over again
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Luckystar220: 2:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
@lancee rily u mean u can roll over in that same year??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 3:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
Luckystar220:
@lancee rily u mean u can roll over in that same year??

yeah u can roll over ,but u have to instruct ur account officer /bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Luckystar220: 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
lancee:

yeah u can roll over ,but u have to instruct ur account officer /bank
,, i rily need to knw it in dis page I've sent dem.msgs several tyms bt no reply bt in fixed deposit u can't rollover ryt?

And also in a year how mny tyms can i rollover lets assume m investing only for 91 days dats 3 months?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by whyniel: 3:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
Luckystar220:
,, i rily need to knw it in dis page I've sent dem.msgs several tyms bt no reply bt in fixed deposit u can't rollover ryt?

And also in a year how mny tyms can i rollover lets assume m investing only for 91 days dats 3 months?

You can rollover in fixed deposit too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.