Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,741 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4432912 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 5:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
i just saw someone post that he invested 100k for 91days and received 524.82 and he said the interest is low. the problem with some of us is that we don't read or like to read. i don't know about some of us but if you ask me I'll say its not adviceable to tie 100k for 3 months expecting N500. we have little business out there that can pay you real good with as low as 10k. treasury bill is for big fund and you will always enjoy NTB with huge fund not N10,000 or N100,000. Beginners should Read books on financial intelligence to enable them grow financially and you can always read through the thread if you are free to enable you be ahead of some of us in this thread it will pay you real good.

Someone also asked if treasury bill its safe or risk free and the answer is YES (but if there is a civil war then your principal will be refunded after the war but have no fear for now smiley ).

Enjoy the thread we are always here to help wink

Princeuk21

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Harkynkunle(m): 6:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
ojtech:

Good day house, please I invested 100k for 91days @fbn for the purchase of tbills . To my utmost surprise I got an sms stating NTB intr: N524.89 on last thursday.
Someone should please shed more light on this low interest value. Thanks.
I think this guy's case need some attention here... how could he invest 100k when d interest is stated @ 9.7..... and be given N525.89 for 91 days...
let do d math...
9.7 percent of 100k should be 9700... and since he invested only 100k.... so it should be 9700\4.... which ought to be ...2425..
so I think there is a (p)...somewhere.... guru please attend to this
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 6:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
Harkynkunle:

I think this guy's case need some attention here... how could he invest 100k when d interest is stated @ 9.7..... and be given N525.89 for 91 days...
let do d math...
9.7 percent of 100k should be 9700... and since he invested only 100k.... so it should be 9700\4.... which ought to be ...2425..
so I think there is a (p)...somewhere.... guru please attend to this

You are correct. Even after they might have removed custodian fees it can't be N525.89.
He should go speak with his account manager.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Luckystar220: 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2015
whyniel:

You can rollover in fixed deposit too.
u omitted the second question bozz, pls jus try and clarify me
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by petikal(m): 6:32am On Jun 10, 2015
Luckystar220:
You can roll over as many times as you wish; simply instruct your bank account officer before your current tenor expires.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 6:42am On Jun 10, 2015
@ Harkynkule, did u speak to your account manager as advised here? 525 ngn for 100K @9.7 is " strange" I can't find the right word to use

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by motherlode: 8:18am On Jun 10, 2015
ifyalways:
@ Harkynkule, did u speak to your account manager as advised here? 525 ngn for 100K @9.7 is " strange" I can't find the right word to use
sad this is very strange ooo. From 2525 every month to 525.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tunene66: 8:41am On Jun 10, 2015
princeuk21:
i just saw someone post that he invested 100k for 91days and received 524.82 and he said the interest is low. the problem with some of us is that we don't read or like to read. i don't know about some of us but if you ask me I'll say its not adviceable to tie 100k for 3 months expecting N500. we have little business out there that can pay you real good with as low as 10k. treasury bill is for big fund and you will always enjoy NTB with huge fund not N10,000 or N100,000. Beginners should Read books on financial intelligence to enable them grow financially and you can always read through the thread if you are free to enable you be ahead of some of us in this thread it will pay you real good.

Someone also asked if treasury bill its safe or risk free and the answer is YES (but if there is a civil war then your principal will be refunded after the war but have no fear for now smiley ).

Princeuk21

The truth be told, NTB is the safest form of savings deposit. Real investment involves taking calculated risk. There are good investments in which you can get twice the returns on Treasury bills. So let guys see TBills as part of investment portfolios and not the ultimate investment package

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Harkynkunle(m): 9:36am On Jun 10, 2015
ifyalways:
Am not d one in concern here... it happened to a member of dis forum... back to d topic ... I can't just fathom how his given interest was that low... d@'z y I decided to talk about it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 11:02am On Jun 10, 2015
[quote author=Luckystar220 post=34591740],, i rily need to knw it in dis page I've sent dem.msgs several tyms bt no reply bt in fixed deposit u can't rollover ryt?

And also in a year how mny tyms can i rollover lets assume m investing only for 91 days dats 3 months? [/quot

I think 3 to 4 times depending on when u start
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 1:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
tunene66:

The truth be told, NTB is the safest form of savings deposit. Real investment involves taking calculated risk. There are good investments in which you can get twice the returns on Treasury bills. So let guys see TBills as part of investment portfolios and not the ultimate investment package
Examples of Real investment are?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tunene66: 2:15pm On Jun 10, 2015
fish farming, agriculture, transportation business among others

yomi007k:

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tunene66: 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
yomi007k:

Fish farming, agribusiness, transportation among others
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 10:34am On Jun 11, 2015
Doing other businesses require "time and effort" and some people are already tied down to their 9-5 jobs (8-8 in Nigeria).

N100k is not too small to invest (or save) in T-Bills . It gives a return with no effort while you're doing something else.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by billtommy(m): 11:05am On Jun 11, 2015
This is what I got from diamond bank after making enquiries

However, we facilitate investment in Treasury Bills which is an instruments issued at a discount by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on behalf of the Federal Government.

The product is designed for customers who wish to invest funds for a period of time and do not wish to take any risk.

Although the rate of return is typically the lowest in the market, it provides the highest degree of comfort for the risk-averse customers.

These bills are extremely liquid instruments and are offered for 91 days at a weekly auction.

Furthermore, please find below our treasury rates

TENURE (DAYS) MATURITY DATE RATE (%)
85 03-Sept-2015 9.70%
176 03-Dec-2015 12.00%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by berexio1: 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
Luckystar220:
Bear in mind that if u decide to rollover it will carry the current stop rates, since the rates changes..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 10:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
billtommy:
This is what I got from diamond bank after making enquiries

However, we facilitate investment in Treasury Bills which is an instruments issued at a discount by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on behalf of the Federal Government.

The product is designed for customers who wish to invest funds for a period of time and do not wish to take any risk.

Although the rate of return is typically the lowest in the market, it provides the highest degree of comfort for the risk-averse customers.

These bills are extremely liquid instruments and are offered for 91 days at a weekly auction.

Furthermore, please find below our treasury rates

TENURE (DAYS) MATURITY DATE RATE (%)
85 03-Sept-2015 9.70%
176 03-Dec-2015 12.00%

ecobank told me i was unsuccesful and i should accept 8 percent
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by billtommy(m): 11:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
For 91 days?
I think diamond's is fair tho
just2endowed:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 12, 2015
just2endowed:

8 PERCENT FOR WHAT!!!!!!!! I NO SEE BUSINESS WEY I GO DO WITH THAT MONEY.......
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 8:12am On Jun 12, 2015
Royal155:
8 PERCENT FOR WHAT!!!!!!!!
I NO SEE BUSINESS WEY I GO DO WITH THAT MONEY.......

They told me to leave it blank but I refuse. They call me on that tb day that my transaction was unsuccessful that I still have a chance to go for there rate which is 8%. I observe that bank rate which ecobank offer is always very low.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 8:15am On Jun 12, 2015
You people are funny. Have you checked interest rates else where around the world?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olatricia(m): 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
People please help me. Someone told me that Interest on government bonds are usually collected upfront. I don't seem to understand. Is it that I buy the bond at a price lower than the face value or what...? Please explain to me
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2015
coderXO:
You people are funny. Have you checked interest rates else where around the world?

yes man. in some country like germany, they give zero or -0.5 interest. i.e negative. they do such bcoz they have a stable economy,and they kniw that in near future there currency will be stronger than other country like nigeria. though it make no sense to invest in a negative interest rate or zero interest rate but it make economic sense coz of there incremental value of there currency against the naira. so it pays off
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chikenicholas(m): 10:39am On Jun 14, 2015
@Princeuk21, I will like to know what other investment options are available as you stated above? Kindly highlight them and how one can get more information about them. Thanks

princeuk21:

Princeuk21
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dadaja2004: 12:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
Opportunities come and go. Being able to know when to make quick decisions is an important skill.

Need money for starting your business, School fee, Rent etc?
Get up to 1.6M Naira Loan.
No Guarantor, No Collateral and NO PAY BACK.
SURPRISED.
CONTACT ME ON WHATSAPP. 08095094932 or through email: dadaja2004@gmail.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Droi: 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hi [code][/code] lander
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Droi: 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hi naira landers,
i staked in a T-bill for 364days 2nd bid for the month of march this year with N1m at 15.38% but to my surprise, after being advised by my account officer to use the bank's rate, i was credit with N149,543...pls i need sum1 to advise me on what to do.
am i being robbed or should i change my bank?...
Thanks for u response
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 14, 2015
Droi:
Hi naira landers,
i staked in a T-bill for 364days 2nd bid for the month of march this year with N1m at 15.38% but to my surprise, after being advised by my account officer to use the bank's rate, i was credit with N149,543...pls i need sum1 to advise me on what to do.
am i being robbed or should i change my bank?...
Thanks for u response
You are not being robbed. Your total interest was N153800 and you were credited N149543. they deducted N4,257 custodian fee.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Droi: 10:58pm On Jun 14, 2015
Sorry, i was anticipating the figure above N149,543 it was actually N139,543 after their service charge of N1,250 i was left with the above N139,543. N10k unaccounted for
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 3:55pm On Jun 15, 2015
Royal155:
You are not being robbed. Your total interest was N153800 and you were credited N149543. they deducted N4,257 custodian fee.

In his statement, he said choose a rate of 15.38 but was advise to choose bank rate. Question is: what was the bank rate offer to him? From there we will know whether he was robbed.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 15, 2015
just2endowed:

In his statement, he said choose a rate of 15.38 but was advise to choose bank rate. Question is: what was the bank rate offer to him? From there we will know whether he was robbed.
Yeah, u ar right.....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolux01(m): 7:53am On Jun 16, 2015
Royal155:
Yeah, u ar right.....
Very right and also tell us why you were advised to go for Bank rate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: dacool1(m), stokfrick and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.