Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4442880 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 11:48am On Jan 06, 2014
pappilo: Are you guys back from your holidays yet? when is the next auction?

There will be bidding this week. My bankers has asked me to send in my bids!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2014
feelamong:

There will be bidding this week. My bankers has asked me to send in my bids!

Great news. We shall be expecting the schedule for the first quarter as usual. Thanks a million.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sammily(m): 6:15am On Jan 07, 2014
I was successful with the last bidding for NTB but when I got my certificate, it came with the bank's letterhead. Is this normal? I was of the impression that since I'm buying from CBN, the certificate should carry CBN's letterhead.

Just asking...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 07, 2014
sammily: I was successful with the last bidding for NTB but when I got my certificate, it came with the bank's letterhead. Is this normal? I was of the impression that since I'm buying from CBN, the certificate should carry CBN's letterhead.

Just asking...
its normal since ur biddin is tru d bank..same goes to me
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sammily(m): 9:35am On Jan 07, 2014
laceonline02:
its normal since ur biddin is tru d bank..same goes to me

OK, Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 07, 2014
Pls house, I know the question has been answered somewhere but forgive me for not ready all the post.

Pls, what's the minimum one can invest with GTB .

Thanks smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Azone: 11:51am On Jan 07, 2014
Dear house,

This must not pass me by this year. I contacted GTbank that I need to use my funds for T-Bills and they kept suggesting I do other services they were offering.

Please I want to invest some funds in T-Bills can anyone please tell me where to go to?

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 12:20pm On Jan 07, 2014
FBN says I can not bid to day because according to new regulations it has to be 5 days before an auction. Thinking of what to do now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 12:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
Desanta: FBN says I can not bid to day because according to new regulations it has to be 5 days before an auction. Thinking of what to do now.

quickly move ur funds to another bank or discount house..

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Seun(m): 12:56pm On Jan 07, 2014
Azone: Dear house,

This must not pass me by this year. I contacted GTbank that I need to use my funds for T-Bills and they kept suggesting I do other services they were offering.

Please I want to invest some funds in T-Bills can anyone please tell me where to go to?

Thanks
Try a different branch of GtBank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 1:01pm On Jan 07, 2014
feelamong:

quickly move ur funds to another bank or discount house..
Thanks. I am working on it as you suggested.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Azone: 4:03pm On Jan 07, 2014
Seun: Try a different branch of GtBank.

Thanks Seun.

I contacted FBNcapital and I was told I can only trade with 1million as minimum. I dont have up to that.

I have just about 300,000 and seriously I think I need more knowledge of this.

Please I wouldn't mind a little explanations as to returns and their calculations. 1/4 and all that.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chegson: 4:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
Ojix85:

T bill auctions take place every other Wednesday. Next Wednesday (1st of January) seems to be out of the question.
Upper Wednesday (8th of Jan) seems more likely. Im just speculating though.

I received a call from my banker this morning confirming to me that bidding will take place tomorrow.
So let us wait for the outcome of it.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chegson: 4:53pm On Jan 07, 2014
sammily: I was successful with the last bidding for NTB but when I got my certificate, it came with the bank's letterhead. Is this normal? I was of the impression that since I'm buying from CBN, the certificate should carry CBN's letterhead.

Just asking...

likewise me. I was also successful in my bidding of November 20, 2013 and what i got from my banker was a certificate on the bank's letterhead.
I think this practice was adopted in the best interest of investors because, the original certificates issued by CBN should be submitted back to CBN for redemption at maturity.

I belief it is normal, most especially as the certificate obtained from my banker contains very vital information relating to the investment such as:
> Amount invested
> Tenor
> Rate
> Maturity date
> Roll-Over date.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pappilo(m): 6:47pm On Jan 08, 2014
Any News
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walcolm(m): 4:06am On Jan 09, 2014

Just asking...

Technically you're not buying from the cbn. The bank buys from the cbn and resells to you for a fee.

Although cbn wants to sell to you directly but Because cbn cannot handle the logistics of selling directly to individuals, they had to allow banks charge that small fee
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 11:18am On Jan 09, 2014
CBN STOP RATES FOR 09/01/14

91 DAYS -------10.90%

182 DAYS-------11.85%

364DAYS--------12.00%

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pappilo(m): 11:27am On Jan 09, 2014
feelamong: CBN STOP RATES FOR 09/01/14

91 DAYS -------10.90%

182 DAYS-------11.85%

364DAYS--------12.00%

Thanks bro.

I was going to bid 12% for my 364 days but decided not to be too greedy so settled for 11.5%. Not too bad.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ganilat4: 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
oga@feelamong, i missed out, still waiting for the first quarter table, pls if u have the table pls let us see it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 10, 2014
No one want to reply me, why y'all stingy with info here angry

Anyway, pls when is the next date.

Thanks smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 4:26pm On Jan 10, 2014
Chillisauce: No one want to reply me, why y'all stingy with info here angry

Anyway, pls when is the next date.

Thanks smiley

Sorry Boss!

next date is 22nd of jan!

happy Investing!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 10, 2014
feelamong:

Sorry Boss!

next date is 22nd of jan!

happy Investing!

Thanks for the reply, will be going for a yr, but what I read in politics section scares me, I hope nigeria won't break up and my money vanishes cheesy.
Anyone got the bad feeling undecided
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pappilo(m): 6:04pm On Jan 10, 2014
Chillisauce:

Thanks for the reply, will be going for a yr, but what I read in politics section scares me, I hope nigeria won't break up and my money vanishes cheesy.
Anyone got the bad feeling undecided

I have 2 investments maturing in May 14 and another Jan 15. I like 364 days but I will only reinvest the cash for 180 days to last till November 14. The feared unrest should spike the rates between Dec 14 and Feb 15. If rates reach 20% in this period I will take the risk and invest. If they are any lower, I will withdraw my money, change to $ and keep under my bed.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 10, 2014
pappilo:

I have 2 investments maturing in May 14 and another Jan 15. I like 364 days but I will only reinvest the cash for 180 days to last till November 14. The feared unrest should spike the rates between Dec 14 and Feb 15. If rates reach 20% in this period I will take the risk and invest. If they are any lower, I will withdraw my money, change to $ and keep under my bed.

Thanks papillo, I guess I go by bits then. Better to keep re-investing than meeting an unforeseen circumstances. Especially this period. I no wan hear say my money enter voice mail. I had to change my dollars for this. If the naira go turn to paper, I quickly look for land buy sharp sharp. cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 9:09pm On Jan 10, 2014
Chillisauce:

Thanks papillo, I guess I go by bits then. Better to keep re-investing than meeting an unforeseen circumstances. Especially this period. I no wan hear say my money enter voice mail. I had to change my dollars for this. If the naira go turn to paper, I quickly look for land buy sharp sharp. cheesy
lol.. smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 10, 2014
I bought TB through First Bank and have since got my interest, but there is no document issued to me by Firstbank as a proof of purchase. What should I do?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pappilo(m): 12:45pm On Jun 27, 2014
Chei 6 months of correct information.... All lost!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 4:02pm On Jun 27, 2014
pappilo: Chei 6 months of correct information.... All lost!

Too Bad , very painful
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2014
thank God we are back. Feelamong and the rest where you @. Lets roll guys
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by inze(m): 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2014
princeuk21: thank God we are back. Feelamong and the rest where you @. Lets roll guys

Long silence has taken the spirit away.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pappilo(m): 5:24pm On Jun 27, 2014
After missing out by .01 on each occassion for the past 2 auctions, my sister finally succeded on 25 June.

Stop rate was 10.349 for 364 days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elai147: 5:25pm On Jun 27, 2014
pappilo: Chei 6 months of correct information.... All lost!

Too bad. More work to be done in answering already answered questions...

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: sonshyne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.