Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4442531 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elai147: 5:27pm On Jun 27, 2014
princeuk21: thank God we are back. Feelamong and the rest where you @. Lets roll guys

All of dem dey stock market thread trying to recover from the long silence. Dem go soon waka come
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 5:46pm On Jun 27, 2014
princeuk21: thank God we are back. Feelamong and the rest where you @. Lets roll guys

bros we all they here o!!

Thank God we are all back!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 5:57pm On Jun 27, 2014
We missed the info on the last concluded Tbill auction , any info/experience from anybody pls
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 9:59pm On Jun 27, 2014
Elai147:

All of dem dey stock market thread trying to recover from the long silence. Dem go soon waka come
Ok Sir cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 10:00pm On Jun 27, 2014
feelamong:

bros we all they here o!!

Thank God we are all back!
Yes boss!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2014
Looks like we lost quite a bit of pages/data.

The site got restored to an old old backup (probably not by choice)

All the same. NL is back.

Whatitdo!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jcflex(m): 2:19am On Jul 01, 2014
@feelamong
you are the guru in house, pls i will also like to invest in this T-bill, kindly put me thru, and when d market will be open for investment again, as we are getting close to general election, i think they will yield better nw, let share part of d national cake together in a legitimate ways as a law abiding citizens
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cecegorz(m): 11:07am On Jul 02, 2014
I am just pissed with my banker.
My 3mths T-bills i did at almost 12% matured last week, and surprisingly they automatically reinvested the funds now that the rate is sub 10% !!!
I actually remember that while i filled out the form then, I chose termination of the capital on maturity.

Imagine tying down my funds at this low rate for the next 3 months! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pistacho: 3:34pm On Jul 02, 2014
cecegorz: I am just pissed with my banker.
My 3mths T-bills i did at almost 12% matured last week, and surprisingly they automatically reinvested the funds now that the rate is sub 10% !!!
I actually remember that while i filled out the form then, I chose termination of the capital on maturity.

Imagine tying down my funds at this low rate for the next 3 months! undecided undecided undecided

Am trying treasury bills for the first time, just invested some cash but the rate am seeing is very low.
What are the factors that really determine the interest rate. A 12% rate would be realy worth it,but 10% is very very poor
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by confluence: 5:01pm On Jul 02, 2014
@ feelamong, i was the one that send you a mail regarding kgif fund, the rate offered is 12% for one year based on cbn Current MPR, i was told certificate takes about 4-6weeks to be ready,is this true?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by confluence: 6:06am On Jul 03, 2014
@Feelamong and experts in the house, Pls Gtb just hit my account with a COT charge of 35k for transfering Ten M is this the norm? Pls can someone recommend another reliable bank without a heavy charge like this. Its a local tranfer from gt to stanbic
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:44am On Jul 03, 2014
confluence: @ feelamong, i was the one that send you a mail regarding kgif fund, the rate offered is 12% for one year based on cbn Current MPR, i was told certificate takes about 4-6weeks to be ready,is this true?

Never done KGIF before but I don't think they will be lieing to you. I will say Go for it!!

The rates are far better than Tbills rate..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:46am On Jul 03, 2014
confluence: @Feelamong and experts in the house, Pls Gtb just hit my account with a COT charge of 35k for transfering Ten M is this the norm? Pls can someone recommend another reliable bank without a heavy charge like this. Its a local tranfer from gt to stanbic

Really surprised to hear this...

Why not operate a COT free account like most of us do? 35K means you were charged 3.5/mille in COT... also very high as most banks now charge 2 per mille.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:48am On Jul 03, 2014
jcflex: @feelamong
you are the guru in house, pls i will also like to invest in this T-bill, kindly put me thru, and when d market will be open for investment again, as we are getting close to general election, i think they will yield better nw, let share part of d national cake together in a legitimate ways as a law abiding citizens

Just go to your bankers and request to invest in NIG T Bills....

for me now, no Tbills as the rates are a lot lower that what I expect in my investments....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 8:46am On Jul 03, 2014
I have KGIF. The rate is real.

Still don't get people calling 9 or 10% interest poor undecided

My oga that got charged 35k COT, don't move money like that at all at all.
If you were planning to invest such funds into TBills or any interest yielding investment or even to do business sef, you've reduced your final gain already at the beginning.

If you must move money:
In bits; use savings accounts; walk-in if across banks;

Stanbic has a non-COT current account but that is only if you gross less than 5m(I think) in cash movements.
If you have a relationship with banks and are a reputable customer, you can negotiate what you get from them.
I know business people that banks beg to come lodge their money with them, they get these sort of things.
Any bankers in the house?

Peace
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 11:04am On Jul 03, 2014
confluence: @ feelamong, i was the one that send you a mail regarding kgif fund, the rate offered is 12% for one year based on cbn Current MPR, i was told certificate takes about 4-6weeks to be ready,is this true?

Please pardon my ignorance but what is KGIF?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by confluence: 2:49pm On Jul 03, 2014
@Desanta, it is a kind of investment where the rate of return is not less than the current CBN monetary policy rate which curently stand at 12% ,your capital is guaranteed at the end of the investment and you get 12% interest on your capital, just google kakawa guarante income fund, you will see more information.
@coderXO, thanks for the advice will go and open one ASAP
@feelamong thanks for the advise
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2014
I really think 10% is still a bit cool o, just wait till when policies go the expansionary way.......then, you'll know whats up.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 03, 2014
This kakawa thing. Only the name sef. I hope they won't disappear in nearest future undecided
let's not because of 2 % margin enter somewhere we might not be able to come out. ..

Will check it out.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by confluence: 9:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 03, 2014
confluence: @Chillisauce,
http://www.investment-one.com/index.php/products/kgif

I understand, thanks.

There was this money market around 2007 that was in head with stanbic ibtc. I can't seem to remember the name. All of a sudden , the office is gone, website not booting etc.
This should be a discount house, I guess. Pls do your home work very well. I don't wanna hear stories .
You may want to try quarterly first to be sure of their services.
I'm sorry if this have been covered earlier

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walcolm(m): 10:23pm On Jul 03, 2014
I posted on kgif before but that post is gone with the attack on the site. I bought this fund when it went public back in 2007 or thereabouts

I don't regret it because every 6 months or so I receive dividend payout and I have almost received 70% of my money in dividend so far

I think kakawa discount house is a decent non-bank financial institution and can be relied on
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2014
walcolm: I posted on kgif before but that post is gone with the attack on the site. I bought this fund when it went public back in 2007 or thereabouts

I don't regret it because every 6 months or so I receive dividend payout and I have almost received 70% of my money in dividend so far

I think kakawa discount house is a decent non-bank financial institution and can be relied on
So how can one buy, does one need to go to their office or all can be done online? Minimum amount at the onset, and what's the subsequent required?

Doing this for a friend, me na equities dey ma mind at the moment.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2014
Chillisauce: This kakawa thing. Only the name sef. I hope they won't disappear in nearest future undecided
let's not because of 2 % margin enter somewhere we might not be able to come out. ..

Will check it out.
lol. my brother na true you talk grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 11:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
walcolm: I posted on kgif before but that post is gone with the attack on the site. I bought this fund when it went public back in 2007 or thereabouts

They re reliable , you can go find out more abt them ,I think Gtb , first bank and maybe skye [am not sure of skye bank ] have funds invested here
If u have a friend /family working at gtb and first bank ask them they will tell you more about kakawa discount house
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 3:06am On Jul 04, 2014
Kakawa is a well known/reputable outfit known by most in the financial markets. You can buy stock / TBills and do many other etc etc through them.

KGIF is no longer managed by Kakawa. Now run by Investment-One (formerly GTB Asset Mgmt)

If you can buy Stanbic Money Market, First Bank Money Market, you can buy this.

I dare say none of these pays better than KGIF. Not even most TBills.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walcolm(m): 7:13am On Jul 04, 2014
nitrogen:
So how can one buy, does one need to go to their office or all can be done online? Minimum amount at the onset, and what's the subsequent required?

Doing this for a friend, me na equities dey ma mind at the moment.

you can always give them a call to get started but at some point you will need to visit the office if for nothing else, to see their place of business and confirm to yourself that they exist at the address they claim they exist

they used to have an office in sterling towers on marina, right now they have moved to 1, broad street (just behind and parallel to Marina) in lagos
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by adetunrayo(f): 4:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
when is the next bid pls?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2014
adetunrayo: when is the next bid pls?

Next week!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hencruz: 12:08am On Jul 05, 2014
Please has anybody here invested in FBN money market funds?

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: emmasoft(m), ahiboilandgas, unicbabe(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.