Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4428222 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 11:32pm On Jul 05, 2014
coderXO: Kakawa is a well known/reputable outfit known by most in the financial markets. You can buy stock / TBills and do many other etc etc through them.

KGIF is no longer managed by Kakawa. Now run by Investment-One (formerly GTB Asset Mgmt)

If you can buy Stanbic Money Market, First Bank Money Market, you can buy this.

I dare say none of these pays better than KGIF. Not even most TBills.

i will pay them a visit and inform the house
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ikemefunam: 12:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
please ,first bank twice refunded my money as failed tb,and my effort for them to issue tb to me via primary source failed,anybody with such issue with firstbank?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ikemefunam: 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
WHAT DATE IS THE NEXT BID,PLS?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 1:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
ikemefunam: WHAT DATE IS THE NEXT BID,PLS?

Wed. 9th July.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elai147: 3:17pm On Jul 07, 2014
ikemefunam: please ,first bank twice refunded my money as failed tb,and my effort for them to issue tb to me via primary source failed,anybody with such issue with firstbank?

Kinda strange. FBN has never refunded my money due to failed bid. I guess they were quite unlucky with their bid this time. You should ask them to get you Tbill from the secondary market. If they can't, try another bank instead of waiting till next auction date (with a lower interest rate, perhaps).
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elai147: 3:19pm On Jul 07, 2014
Tbill rates are really getting lower and uninteresting.

#StockMarketThings

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
Elai147: Tbill rates are really getting lower and uninteresting.

#StockMarketThings

Nigerian stock market fear me sha. maybe fixed deposit will be higher now, who knows cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elai147: 3:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
Chillisauce:

Nigerian stock market fear me sha. maybe fixed deposit will be higher now, who knows cheesy

Sure very soon F/D will have better rates.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 10:29am On Jul 08, 2014
Chillisauce:

sure
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bennyzer(m): 1:15pm On Jul 09, 2014
feelamong: A FEW LECTURES ON TREASURY BILLS!!!!!

What Are Nigerian Treasury Bills (T-bills)?

T-bills are marketable debt instruments issued by the Federal Government. The Government is obliged to pay the holders of T-bills a fixed sum of money on the maturity date of the securities. When you invest in T-bills, you are lending your money to the Government in exchange for interest payments. The tenors are typically 91, 182 and 364 days (maximum).

Why Does The Government Issue T-bills?

• Provide a liquid investment alternative with little or no risk of default for individual and institutional investors;
• To raise the money needed to pay off maturing debt and finance their operating and development expenditure

Are Treasury bill Investments Considered Safe?

Nigeria's ratings indicate that it has a strong credit rating with a minimal probability of default on its local currency debt obligations. From the perspective of individual investors, this means that T bills are among the safest possible investments to hold, and the principal value of their investments is preserved if held to maturity.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2014
Pls, Any update in the kakawa online bids?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sammily(m): 12:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
Hello house, anyone know the CBN stop rates for Wednesday's bid. I got 9% from Zenith bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 12:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
sammily: Hello house, anyone know the CBN stop rates for Wednesday's bid. I got 9% from Zenith bank.

Dear XXXXXX,

Please find below the result of the Treasury Bills primary market auction which held yesterday Jul 09, 2014:

91 days ------9.95%

182 days ------10.244%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kc007(m): 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
Firstbank kept doing some things strange as per TB. My TB termination on maturity was suppose to be 10th July 2014. As usual no alert came, I went to the branch(Enugu main) today only to hear that schedule has not come from head quarters. That it can only be terminated when schedule comes, meanwhile another auction date (9th July) has passed. Pls anybody here with similar experience?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 8:48pm On Jul 12, 2014
sammily: Hello house, anyone know the CBN stop rates for Wednesday's bid. I got 9% from Zenith bank.
i got 9.35 from my bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 9:47am On Jul 13, 2014
Well, I got 9.90 for my buddies, I bid directly, and I make sure I close in on the stop rate, if you wanna join the party, no lele!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by plendil: 11:52am On Jul 13, 2014
ikemefunam: please ,first bank twice refunded my money as failed tb,and my effort for them to issue tb to me via primary source failed,anybody with such issue with firstbank?

odd. especially for a bank of their standard
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by plendil: 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
feelamong:

Dear XXXXXX,

Please find below the result of the Treasury Bills primary market auction which held yesterday Jul 09, 2014:

91 days ------9.95%

182 days ------10.244%

na wa o!! from almost 13% in Jan to this. . . sad
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 13, 2014
princeuk21: i got 9.35 from my bank

Wow, really down.
Maybe next one will be 7 %.

Time to do akowo. grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 11:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
Chillisauce:

Wow, really down.
Maybe next one will be 7 %.

Time to do akowo. grin
lol grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elai147: 6:30pm On Jul 14, 2014
plendil:

na wa o!! from almost 13% in Jan to this. . . sad

Na the koko be dat. Very soon the tin go get close to / less than inflation rate and by then e no go make sense again and I will completely convert the Tbill holdings of my investment portfolio to stock market where the Holy Grail lies.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
Elai147:

Na the koko be dat. Very soon the tin go get close to / less than inflation rate and by then e no go make sense again and I will completely convert the Tbill holdings of my investment portfolio to stock market where the Holy Grail lies.

This una stock market, have any of you seen the cash . Not like the figures they give you on paper, only for you to try to cash it and all money gone. I never heard good story from it though.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elai147: 9:35pm On Jul 14, 2014
Chillisauce:

This una stock market, have any of you seen the cash . Not like the figures they give you on paper, only for you to try to cash it and all money gone. I never heard good story from it though.

grin grin grin It is not for the feeble hearted sha...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:11am On Jul 15, 2014
Chillisauce:

Bros.. if you no get heart no near the Stock market o!! cheesy

But then if person no fit take some risk now... na when I don reach 60 years I go begin take risk...

but then even Academic research has shown that the Stock market in the long run gets a far better return than any money market instrument.. wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 15, 2014
feelamong:

Bros.. if you no get heart no near the Stock market o!! cheesy

But then if person no fit take some risk now... na when I don reach 60 years I go begin take risk...

but then even Academic research has shown that the Stock market in the long run gets a far better return than any money market instrument.. wink

I will take my time to study the trend. But the last one was crazy. I saw my sis lost most of her shares. I just hide my money for under bed (literally)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 10:40am On Jul 15, 2014
Chillisauce:

I will take my time to study the trend. But the last one was crazy. I saw my sis lost most of her shares. I just hide my money for under bed (literally)
Hahaha! Shares give the best returns....basically, more risk more return...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 2:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
i go dey here dey watch unna i never ready to part with my naira. But if i hear good news i go join the bus grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 15, 2014
princeuk21: i go dey here dey watch unna i never ready to part with my naira. But if i hear good news i go join the bus grin

I'm sure by the time the good news comes, the next thing is to dwindle people that joins the bus.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kc007(m): 3:57pm On Jul 16, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
kc007: Firstbank kept doing some things strange as per TB. My TB termination on maturity was suppose to be 10th July 2014. As usual no alert came, I went to the branch(Enugu main) today only to hear that schedule has not come from head quarters. That it can only be terminated when schedule comes, meanwhile another auction date (9th July) has passed. Pls anybody here with similar experience?
[color=#000099][quote author=kc007]Firstbank kept doing some things strange as per TB. My TB termination on maturity was suppose to be 10th July 2014. As usual no alert came, I went to the branch(Enugu main) today only to hear that schedule has not come from head quarters. That it can only be terminated when schedule comes, meanwhile another auction date (9th July) has passed. Pls anybody here with similar experience?[/
I was wrong about the above statement. My account was credited on the 11th after maturity but didn't get alert, never checked balance either. The person handling TB at the the branch was still expecting mail to this effect from head quarters.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MOBBDEEP: 4:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
Please, nice people in the house, a friend of mine has about 1.3M & he thought of investing in TB instruments.
He approached Union Bank but was told it was not up to the minimum amount.
Please, any word of advice for him?
Then, this bidding, how do they go about it? Is it the client or the bank/agent that dies the bidding?
How much rate does TB commands averagely these days?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 5:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
tell your friend to go to first bank with the 1.3M and pls do well to read about NTB or the previous page

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.