Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,295 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4428556 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 5:19pm On Jul 16, 2014
MOBBDEEP: Please, nice people in the house, a friend of mine has about 1.3M & he thought of investing in TB instruments.
He approached Union Bank but was told it was not up to the minimum amount.
Please, any word of advice for him?
Then, this bidding, how do they go about it? Is it the client or the bank/agent that dies the bidding?
How much rate does TB commands averagely these days?
The stop rate (AKA Bid rate) is the interest rate that you are willing to receive for the principal that you are investing in the T- Bills. For example you can indicate an interest rate of 10 per cent as your expected interest rate and hope that it is selected, as it will most likely be different from that of other intending buyers. You can place your bid by instruting your bank manager or go with the prevailing bank rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MOBBDEEP: 9:22pm On Jul 16, 2014
princeuk21: The stop rate (AKA Bid rate) is the interest rate that you are willing to receive for the principal that you are investing in the T- Bills. For example you can indicate an interest rate of 10 per cent as your expected interest rate and hope that it is selected, as it will most likely be different from that of other intending buyers. You can place your bid by instruting your bank manager or go with the prevailing bank rate
Thank you Sir
If I understand you well Sir, you meant it is a kind of instruction I give to my agent specifying the lowest/least return-yield percentage below which they should not subscribe for me?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 9:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
MOBBDEEP:
Thank you Sir
If I understand you well Sir, you meant it is a kind of instruction I give to my agent specifying the lowest/least return-yield percentage below which they should not subscribe for me?
below which they should or not subscribe for you. YES
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
seriously i dont even waste my time bidding on tbills. i just buy money markets ( that have a good percentage of investment in bills, bonds or )....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bramde2004: 6:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
please when are the next set of T-bills to be auctioned?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2014
coderXO: seriously i dont even waste my time bidding on tbills. i just buy money markets ( that have a good percentage of investment in bills, bonds or )....
like what pls?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 6:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
princeuk21: like what pls?

The well known ones:

Stanbic Money Market
FBN Money Market
KGIF

and there are others as well...

CORAL...
ARM...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by confluence: 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2014
@Lagtech, i send you $50 did not aknowledge it,hope my hp2000, and those 4 mini ship ooo, am owing you $50 , what about recycle laptops how far,? Na wa ooo the thing done tay oooo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by makinde3: 10:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
Hello fellow Nairalander,

Please advice me on what is do it is over one month ago that is invested N150,000.00 on Treasure Bill. To date am still waitig for my certificate of investment.

What can I do?

Many thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 10:53pm On Jul 19, 2014
makinde3: Hello fellow Nairalander,

Please advice me on what is do it is over one month ago that is invested N150,000.00 on Treasure Bill. To date am still waitig for my certificate of investment.

What can I do?

Many thanks
GO TO YOUR BANK OR INVESTMENT HOUSE AND REQUEST FOR IT
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 10:57pm On Jul 19, 2014
coderXO:

The well known ones:

Stanbic Money Market
FBN Money Market
KGIF

CORAL...
ARM...

Are u kidding me?

I bought into ARM aggresive growth fund back in 2008 for 20 Naira per unit. as of this moment, thank God it is around 16 Naira per unit. Even if it was 1% i have been getting from TB investment since 2008, i would have been better off.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 11:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
unite4real:

Are u kidding me?

I bought into ARM aggresive growth fund back in 2008 for 20 Naira per unit. as of this moment, thank God it is around 16 Naira per unit. Even if it was 1% i have been getting from TB investment since 2008, i would have been better off.
how do we buy ARM? is it better than NTB?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 11:17pm On Jul 19, 2014
coderXO:

The well known ones:

Stanbic Money Market
FBN Money Market
KGIF

CORAL...
ARM...

Stanbic Money Market = IS THIS RISK FREE? WHAT IS THE INTEREST RATE LIKE?
FBN Money Market = IS THIS RISK FREE? WHAT IS THE INTEREST RATE LIKE?
KGIF = FROM MY INVESTIGATION THIS IS RISK FREE (N50,000). THE CURRENT MPR IS THE INTEREST RATE.

CORAL = IS THIS RISK FREE? WHAT IS THE INTEREST RATE LIKE?
ARM = IS THIS RISK FREE? WHAT IS THE INTEREST RATE LIKE?

THANKS
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Yem0350: 9:13am On Jul 20, 2014
unite4real:

Are u kidding me?

You should have bought ARM Money Market dat operate llike TBills. I am currently into FBN Money Market and the interest since I have subsribe has been higher than TBills stop rate. Another benefit is that you can enter and exit freely at any business day.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Yem0350: 11:12am On Jul 20, 2014
Hencruz: Please has anybody here invested in FBN money market funds?

Yes
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
unite4real:

Are u kidding me?

1. I made no recommendations. I mentioned 3 particular mutual funds that invest highly in "treasury bills" (or "bonds" ). And others.

2. If you bought ARM "Aggressive Growth," you bought a riskier investment that is more "Aggressive." They invest highly in stocks ( equities ), for the possibility of a greater gain (thus greater loss).

So read well these things: nairaland posts; mutual fund prospectuses; and the like.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
.... and ARM Money Market is ARM's "treasury bill" type fund as Yem0350 as rightly stated.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 4:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
Yem0350:

You should have bought ARM Money Market dat operate llike TBills. I am currently into FBN Money Market and the interest since I have subsribe has been higher than TBills stop rate. Another benefit is that you can enter and exit freely at any business day.

Exactamente!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
princeuk21:
Stanbic Money Market = IS THIS RISK FREE? WHAT IS THE INTEREST RATE LIKE?
FBN Money Market = IS THIS RISK FREE? WHAT IS THE INTEREST RATE LIKE?
KGIF = FROM MY INVESTIGATION THIS IS RISK FREE (N50,000). THE CURRENT MPR IS THE INTEREST RATE.

CORAL = IS THIS RISK FREE? WHAT IS THE INTEREST RATE LIKE?
ARM = IS THIS RISK FREE? WHAT IS THE INTEREST RATE LIKE?

THANKS

No investment is risk free but these I mentioned are pretty good for low-risk, and good return.

If you ask me, FBN MM and KGIF are battling for who is the best out there.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 7:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
Hello guys... Its been nice reading lots of informative comments on here. Seems FBN MM and KGIF seem to be better than NTB at the moment. Do you guys forsee a reversal in the trend? How does the risk factor of those two measure up with Tbills? And for those who are certain to shift focus to KGIF and FBN MM, how do they go about it?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 7:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
coderXO:

No investment is risk free but these I mentioned are pretty good for low-risk, and good return.

If you ask me, FBN MM and KGIF are battling for who is the best out there.

ok thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 7:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
Bamz: Hello guys... Its been nice reading lots of informative comments on here. Seems FBN MM and KGIF seem to be better than NTB at the moment. Do you guys forsee a reversal in the trend? How does the risk factor of those two measure up with Tbills? And for those who are certain to shift focus to KGIF and FBN MM, how do they go about it?
you have to do your research and read deep on that, dont follow the crowd. Thats my advice
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Seun(m): 11:01am On Jul 22, 2014
Bamz: Seems FBN MM and KGIF seem to be better than NTB at the moment.
How did you arrive at this conclusion?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 11:07am On Jul 22, 2014
Seun:
How did you arrive at this conclusion?

Its the truth. The best you can get is 10.35% (365 day bill), effective rate is around 11.54%, while these houses are offering 12% per annum.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Seun(m): 11:09am On Jul 22, 2014
nitrogen: Its the truth.
What rates can you get from FBN, MM and KGIF at the moment, after deducting withholding tax?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 11:12am On Jul 22, 2014
Seun:
What rates can you get from FBN, MM and KGIF at the moment, after deducting withholding tax?

Dont think there is any withholding tax o, but if there is, then you are left with 11.88%, still cool.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sunbellar: 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
Seun:
You don't need to pay withholding tax. The rate is determined by daily changes in market index. The last time I checked, it was 11.78%. You can contact me if you have reasonable sum to fix.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolutweety(m): 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
Sunbellar:
You don't need to pay withholding tax. The rate is determined by daily changes in market index. The last time I checked, it was 11.78%. You can contact me if you have reasonable sum to fix.

Is the interest paid upfront also like treasury bills ?
Where can i go to invest in FBN,MM & KGIF respectively?
What are the risk iinvolved ?

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Seun(m): 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
Sunbellar:
Is it risk free?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hayoakins(m): 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
Seun: Is it risk free?

You are indirectly investing in government projects, hence you are secured, even if the government changes, you will still get your investment and ROI except there is a total collapse of the entire Nation.

TBs is a RiskFree investment and sometimes gives a ROI that exceeds fixing money with deposit banks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sunbellar: 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
Seun: Is it risk free?
Absolutely risk free. Just like normal term deposit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: desireoge(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.