Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4440563 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ayili: 6:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
ernie4life: interest rates are about to fall
Let them FALL
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 6:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
ayili: Let them FALL
y will u want it to fall?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 6:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
ernie4life:
y will u want it to fall?

They are actually down a little bit because most banks offers 10% right now for 180days and the best bet you can get is 10.4% for same 180days...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 5:07am On Aug 21, 2014
I will advise you to do Kgif for 180 days at 12% instead of banks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 9:29am On Aug 21, 2014
angelo82:

What are your rates from 8Million-12Million?
we could give you 12million for 180 days at 12%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 11:48am On Aug 21, 2014
ernie4life:
we could give you 12million for 180 days at 12%

I have just invested in another T.Bills with two banks which will expire in Feb.2015 but by then I can contact Investment One but the only thing I dislike about the KGIF is the resemblance with mutual fund because it has a price and I don't like that.I prefer product that specify minimum investment and fixed rate interest with duration.If not I am ready to invest 20M in any product that can give me fixed 12% per year,but I will do more research by January.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 11:51am On Aug 21, 2014
angelo82:

I have just invested in another T.Bills with two banks which will expire in Feb.2015 but by then I can contact Investment One but the only thing I dislike about the KGIF is the resemblance with mutual fund because it has a price and I don't like that.I prefer product that specify minimum investment and fixed rate interest with duration.If not I am ready to invest 20M in any product that can give me fixed 12% per year,but I will do more research by January.

Send me a mail, gennitrogen@gmail.com or provide your mail.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 12:29pm On Aug 21, 2014
angelo82:

we could give u 12.5% on 20m for 360 days (its not kgif)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 1:27pm On Aug 21, 2014
Dear XXXXX,

Please find below the result of the Treasury Bills primary market auction which held yesterday Aug 20, 2014:

PRIMARY AUCTION RESULTS

91 Days - 9.90%

182 Days - 10.20%

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 3:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
nitrogen:

Send me a mail, gennitrogen@gmail.com or provide your mail.

What is he talking about?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Justcul(m): 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hi all,

Am a novice in investment (s), if someone have 1m to invest for a period of two yrs (cus he'll be away for studies), is it wise to invest such in Tbills or use portfolio managers like Investment one

Pls i need your advice. Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 7:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
Justcul: Hi all,

Am a novice in investment (s), if someone have 1m to invest for a period of two yrs (cus he'll be away for studies), is it wise to invest such in Tbills or use portfolio managers like Investment one

Pls i need your advice. Thank you
since you will be away for 2years I will advice you fix it for 360 days and do a roll over after the end of the first year. this way you are assured of your cash with sure interest. if anybody has any better option the floor is open,
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 21, 2014
i was giving 8.6 for 6mth why skye bank like this?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 8:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
timothy001: i was giving 8.6 for 6mth why skye bank like this?
u would have opt for Kgif at12% for 6months
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Justcul(m): 9:30pm On Aug 21, 2014
ernie4life:
since you will be away for 2years I will advice you fix it for 360 days and do a roll over after the end of the first year. this way you are assured of your cash with sure interest. if anybody has any better option the floor is open,

Thank you sir, are you talking about Tbills?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 10:18pm On Aug 21, 2014
Justcul:

Thank you sir, are you talking about Tbills?

no, am talking of fixed income or you could still do kgif

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by addictiv(m): 9:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
ernie4life:
u would have opt for Kgif at12% for 6months
pls i would like to get more info about kgif. Do they have a 9mnth and 1 yr plan like tb? whats the minimum deposit involved and how can i attract higher rates.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 10:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
addictiv:
pls i would like to get more info about kgif. Do they have a 9mnth and 1 yr plan like tb? whats the minimum deposit involved and how can i attract higher rates.
Kgif means Kakawa Guaranteed Income Fund. The minimum is 50k at an interest rate of 12% per bi annum meaning every 6 months. You can even start with higher than 50k that's y I said minimum. As time goes on and you wish to increase your capital you can increase In multiples of 5k. And certificate will be issued for each addition. The interest rate is non negotiable because it is regulated by MPR ( monetary policy rate). Please note that because the interest rate is determined by MPR it can increase or decrease at any time. 
I work at investment one financial services, so we sale KGIF, if you want it or need more info Kgif let me know.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by addictiv(m): 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
ernie4life:
Kgif means Kakawa Guaranteed Income Fund. The minimum is 50k at an interest rate of 12% per bi annum meaning every 6 months. You can even start with higher than 50k that's y I said minimum. As time goes on and you wish to increase your capital you can increase In multiples of 5k. And certificate will be issued for each addition. The interest rate is non negotiable because it is regulated by MPR ( monetary policy rate). Please note that because the interest rate is determined by MPR it can increase or decrease at any time. 
I work at investment one financial services, so we sale KGIF, if you want it or need more info Kgif let me know. 
Quite insightful. Just to be sure, suppose i invest 1 million naira i would be expecting an roi of 1,120,000 ngn @ 12% in 180 days? Are there any hidden charges, deductions or taxes applicable? is the interest payable upfront as it is in tb, or do i have to wait till the stipulated period elapses ? thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 10:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
addictiv:
Quite insightful. Just to be sure, suppose i invest 1 million naira i would be expecting an roi of 1,120,000 ngn @ 12% in 180 days? Are there any hidden charges, deductions or taxes applicable? is the interest payable upfront as it is in tb, or do i have to wait till the stipulated period elapses ? thanks.
no upfront payment, no with holding tax, u must wait till the stipulated time elapses to enjoy the interest after the 6 months u can do a roll over for another 6months
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolutweety(m): 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
ernie4life:
no upfront payment, no with holding tax, u must wait till the stipulated time elapses to enjoy the interest after the 6 months u can do a roll over for another 6months

U dint answer his question.
Should he invest a million naira now? What ll be the interest after the 6 months elapse at the supposedly 12% rate.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 11:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
tolutweety:

U dint answer his question.
Should he invest a million naira now? What ll be the interest after the 6 months elapse at the supposedly 12% rate.
he will get 12% of one million after 6months. Ask around some othe nairalander have done kgif so the can say
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolutweety(m): 11:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
ernie4life:
he will get 12% of one million after 6months. Ask around some othe nairalander have done kgif so the can say

Isn't the 12% rate /annum.he can't get 12% then if it is.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 12:49am On Aug 23, 2014
tolutweety:

Don't mind him. mtschew!!!

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 6:49am On Aug 23, 2014
tolutweety:

in investment all interest rates are expressed in annual rates, the unique thing with Kgif is that there is no charge except you want to redeem your principal b4 the expiration of the stipulated time, even at the u are charged 10% on income not capital that means at all time your capital is guaranteed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolutweety(m): 7:59am On Aug 23, 2014
What are you saying na..

Bro, do us this favour:
This is a treasury bills thread.....and I will love it to remain tbills thread.
For your call n campaign twrds kgif n other forms of investment you have, Kindly do open a thread n explain concisely. You just might gain the attention that you need there. *just an advice *
[even when feelamong and others who created the thread saw that tbills rate had dropped and wanted to switch to shares n stocks,they went to stocks thread n not liter this place ]

My tbills fellow..can we cntinue with our thread pls. sad
cc: CoderXO
Feelamong
Angelo82

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 8:12am On Aug 23, 2014
tolutweety: What are you saying na..

Bro, do us this favour:
This is a treasury bills thread.....and I will love it to remain tbills thread.
For your call n campaign twrds kgif n other forms of investment you have, Kindly do open a thread n explain concisely. You just might gain the attention that you need there. *just an advice *
[even when feelamong and others who created the thread saw that tbills rate had dropped and wanted to switch to shares n stocks,they went to stocks thread n not liter this place ]

My tbills fellow..can we cntinue with our thread pls. sad
cc: CoderXO
Feelamong
Angelo82

sorry for the intrusion. I will do as you said

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 23, 2014
These investment houses have their own charges. They give you the rate but get to take their charges through it. It can range from 0.5% to 2%.

Do well to find out before investing.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fidinwala(m): 5:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
I made a fixed deposit of #1million for 120 days at 9.25% or rate in IBTC Bank, do you think it's a Good deal.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 6:06pm On Aug 24, 2014
fidinwala: I made a fixed deposit of #1million for 120 days at 9.25% or rate in IBTC Bank, do you think it's a Good deal.

Yes,considering the amount.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
fidinwala: I made a fixed deposit of #1million for 120 days at 9.25% or rate in IBTC Bank, do you think it's a Good deal.
it's a good deal considering the amount and days involved
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fidinwala(m): 7:39pm On Aug 24, 2014
ernie4life:
it's a good deal considering the amount and days involved

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Tijani009 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.