Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (521) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4437035 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chekitaut: 11:40pm On May 27, 2018
aremso:

factors that make the return on capital huge are

amount
rate
tenure

so potential tb investors should have this in mind
12m 12months will produce what?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 27, 2018
Chekitaut:
12m 12months will produce what?

no rate, so I give you 12%
12months is 364days
so, PRT is 12000000 * 12/100 * 364/364
S.I. = PRT= 12000000 * 0.12 * 1
S.I = 1,440,000

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chekitaut: 1:27am On May 28, 2018
GODAKPAN:

no rate, so I give you 12% 12months is 364days so, PRT is 12000000 * 12/100 * 364/364 S.I. = PRT= 12000000 * 0.12 * 1 S.I = 1,440,000
Not atrractive... from experience what is the peak rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ceelog(m): 5:51am On May 28, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Wow...Good Rates...it seems Stanbic IBTC is leading this time in Secondary Market TB rates.
TB is always the best in Money Market Investments..it gives you the actual value of your money..
I have 8 Tbills running concurrently.....
I plan having TB maturing monthly,,if possible twice monthly...
God bless our investments..

Please what is your objective in running it monthly? Why not as lump sums?
I love your zeal for tb
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:02am On May 28, 2018
ceelog:

I love your zeal for tb

I run monthly and my reason is because I get salary monthly, although I wrap them up at every year end which is june and commence again. if I keep the money I will spend it so its basically a saving scheme. that is for me

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kolping: 7:42am On May 28, 2018
A new frontier has opened for investors in the African finance sector with the launch of I-invest, a mobile application that allows users purchase Treasury Bills (T-Bills) directly from their smartphones. Developed by Parthian Partners, a pan African inter-brokerage services firm in partnership with Sterling Bank Plc, I-invest enables both new and experienced investors match their investment maturities to their needs.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/05/21/firms-introduce-treasury-bills-investment-app/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ImperialCovfefe: 7:50am On May 28, 2018
aremso:

Hmmmmm... I did something related to that even with all the legal backing, my 7.5m is hanging in the thin air the case is in the court. if I had invested the money in stocks which I know very well, I would have being able to put 20m into tb instead of 10m I put. I knew stocks will crash in prices and since I have made profit I pulled it out into TB. I will go back when the prices are down and this what I will be doing going forward. my advice is people should not invest in what they don't know. for those who can take the risk, kudos and more money to your pockets

Who is your broker, bro?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ceelog(m): 8:39am On May 28, 2018
Thisandthat:

Amen!!!Maybe some of us are not so good at multitasking...Prefer to monitor one thing than so many things....and this applies to every area of my life....just shutdown my Stanbic mmf to concentrate on tb...lol...can't deal....Doing one thing helps me to stay organised...All d best

Why did you pull out of money market fund?
Less earning? Instability?
Someone is telling me it's a good deal to get ARM mmf
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 8:41am On May 28, 2018
ImperialCovfefe:

Who is your broker, bro?

I use mission sec. ltd but now since I can trade online myself via a broker that has online platform and that why I have registered with meristem . Mind you, your broker does not really determine your success in stocks investment but you must do your due diligence and invest in sound stocks. After, the experience of 2008, I told myself no more loss and I did my due diligence on all the stocks I have interest. I don't always rely on my broker. pls don't invest now stocks prices will still go down further.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ImperialCovfefe: 9:23am On May 28, 2018
aremso:

I use mission sec. ltd but now since I can trade online myself via a broker that has online platform and that why I have registered with meristem . Mind you, your broker does not really determine your success in stocks investment but you must do your due diligence and invest in sound stocks. After, the experience of 2008, I told myself no more loss and I did my due diligence on all the stocks I have interest. I don't always rely on my broker. pls don't invest now stocks prices will still go down further.

I thought you were trading with Morgan. Meristem charges 1% for brokerage fee right? So you lose ~3.2% of your capital on a complete trade. How do you compensate for this?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 10:03am On May 28, 2018
ImperialCovfefe:

I thought you were trading with Morgan. Meristem charges 1% for brokerage fee right? So you lose ~3.2% of your capital on a complete trade. How do you compensate for this?

meristem charges what is obtainable in the industry and for Morgan, the have charges for withdrawal of fund and by the time u add those charges together, it would amount to the same charges.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CravingChic: 10:56am On May 28, 2018
dejiotus:

You are welcome

good day! have you ever used diamond bank to process tbillz and would you rate it okay.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 1:36pm On May 28, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 2:00pm On May 28, 2018
CravingChic:

good day! have you ever used diamond bank to process tbillz and would you rate it okay.

Diamond Bank dnt have good interest rate, i moved out my money there in order to invest in First Bank

Stanbic IBTC, GTBank and First Bank is still the best in TB
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chekitaut: 2:09pm On May 28, 2018
janga:

Diamond Bank dnt have good interest rate, i moved out my money there in order to invest in First Bank

What is their rates...?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dejiotus: 2:38pm On May 28, 2018
CravingChic:

No. I don't have accounts with Diamond bank, hence unable to say how good or bad the bank is with Treasury bills. But based on comments from members on this forum, the bank is NOT one of the banks rated high for Treasury bills transactions. I hope my response is able to answer your question.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 3:02pm On May 28, 2018
if you check back few page, i posted a pic of TB rate which the diamond bank official gave, it was like 6.5% for 90days tenor where as other 3 bank is giving 10%
well i have acct with Diamond bank bt am not investing there
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 4:18pm On May 28, 2018
GODAKPAN:

simple interest is calc based on principle you brought in(ur capital), tenure u desire (time) and rate you get.

Now our primary sch formula for simple interest remains PRT.
Now you brought a small P and desires a small T and we are in a season of small R, you will definitely get a small S.I.

If you increase any of those parameters then your S.I. will increase.

Some you wi;ll understand more than me as you are in the right forum.
Quite hilarious. Small P, small T, season of small R!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 4:28pm On May 28, 2018
dipoolowoo:
T-Bills Rates to Rise as CBN Intensifies Liquidity mop up
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/05/28/t-bills-rates-to-rise-as-cbn-intensifies-liquidity-mop-up/
Thanks for this sir. Rates actually rose by close to 80bps at last week's bond auction. i pray the days of 15% yield return soon.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 28, 2018
awesomeJ:

Thanks for this sir. Rates actually rose by close to 80bps at last week's bond auction. i pray the days of 15% yield return soon.
Am ready for next month, please advise if I should get patient
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:34pm On May 28, 2018
awesomeJ:

do 3 or 6 months
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Aim07(f): 9:20pm On May 28, 2018
Please i invest 105k in tb and i ticked invest with d interest at 10.5% for 290 days in FBN last week Friday. How should i expect at d end of d tenure? i was asked to check for my certificate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:45pm On May 28, 2018
GODAKPAN:
Am ready for next month, please advise if I should get patient
Thank God there's still an auction this month-Wednesday. Its outcome will give us clearer outlook.
I expect rises though.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:46pm On May 28, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
do 3 or 6 months
Yeah short term now, till the crest comes near.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CravingChic: 10:07pm On May 28, 2018
janga:

I concur with you... after much research today, I came to realise that diamons bank isnt a good bank for treasury bills. their rates when compared with 1st bank was too poor.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 10:40pm On May 28, 2018
ceelog:

I love your zeal for tb
It's a savings scheme.....
I'm a salary earner,and i have variant businesses that i run..
Once it comes,i lock it immediately.
Discipline and prudence is the key....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 10:44pm On May 28, 2018
GODAKPAN:

I run monthly and my reason is because I get salary monthly, although I wrap them up at every year end which is june and commence again. if I keep the money I will spend it so its basically a saving scheme. that is for me
You have said it all.... Brilliant!!!!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Aim07(f): 11:12pm On May 28, 2018
GODAKPAN:

simple interest is calc based on principle you brought in(ur capital), tenure u desire (time) and rate you get.

Now our primary sch formula for simple interest remains PRT.
Now you brought a small P and desires a small T and we are in a season of small R, you will definitely get a small S.I.

If you increase any of those parameters then your S.I. will increase.

Some you wi;ll understand more than me as you are in the right forum.
Please i invest 105k in tb and i ticked invest with d interest at 10.5% for 290 days in FBN last week Friday. How should i expect at d end of d tenure? i was asked to check for my certificate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 11:33pm On May 28, 2018
Aim07:

#8,759.56
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:14am On May 29, 2018
Aim07:

there cannot reinvest your interest as its less than 100k. your interest is 8783.65 after the first transaction. but if you had a larger capital, you can use the formula to calc the true yield
INTEREST
TRUE YIELD = CAPITAL – INTEREST = P

= P X 100
Initial interst = t
capital - t =T
TY = t/T * 100
ie interest divided by capital minus interst all multiplied by 100 then you use the new rate to calc your interest
example, if am investing 25m for 1yr at 12%
true yield is 300000000/22000000
=13.64%
now using simple interest with your new rate PRT
S.I. =3410000 INSTEAD OF THE 3M EARLIER. I PRAY YOU UNDERSTAND. WELCOME
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by biolaowo1: 3:48am On May 29, 2018
Gurus in the house , I am planing to invest on Tbills with FBN
This is the first time I am investing please can someone suggest a good rate

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Oluwadare, abraolas1 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.