Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,761 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? (38219 Views)

When The Pastor Lays Hands On You And You Refuse To Fall / Anointing: Why Do Pastors Blow Into Microphones? Why Must People Fall? / Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by FXKing2012(m): 8:46am On Feb 27, 2012
goshen360:

@ diluminati,
Don't be arsh on Jo, let us proof it biblically.

@ joagbaje,
Demon is the most that I see knock people down in the bible. Others are believers who fall consciously by themselves in reference or worship to God and his power. We must be careful how we validate certain things. The bible is very complete. We should at least find two instances where a believer is knocked down by the power of God in the bible. I said at least two instances because the bible says, from the mouth of two or three,the truth shall be established. We are not doubting the power of God but something that is of God should not be difficult to explain. Jesus touched people and they didn't fall except for being possessed by evil spirit. Apostles did lots of signs,no records of people falling n some catching them. Holy spirit came upon Jesus,he didn't sink in river Jordan. Holy ghost came like fire on the apostles,they didn't fall all of them. The proof of demons knocking people down is common in the bible,we do not have proof of holy ghost knocking people down, can you explain that with valid bible verses please.

I like the way you took time to make your point. If something is not in the Bible and it's being practiced today by pastors then questions have to be raised. I'm yet to see anywhere in the Bible where anyone was knocked down other than when being delivered from evil spirit. And Joagbaje is yet to show us Bible verses to support people being knocked down.
As Christians our root is in the Bible and any spiritual thing we do that is outside the Bible has to be called to question.

1 Like

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by numo86(m): 8:51am On Feb 27, 2012
But people too mumu!!!
If I may ask goshen 360 and joagbagbe, what has d falling on d ground accomplished in the lives of d persons fallinghas it made them better followers of christhas it cleansed many from there immoral lives??has it cleansed our politicians from there looting tendencies??has it made even d pastor chris and who ever does those abrakatabra see that being materialistic as they are is bad
U guys quote when Jesus casted out a demon from some1, I agree Jesus performed such but when he did d demon left d person,
Jesus accomplished something, but it was only demon possessed persons who acted funny when ever miracles were performed on them, But today everybody likes to fall when these fake pastors lay there hands on them, d apostles layed hands on saul b4 he became paul,did paul roll on d floor like 1 who had seizure??or did paul fall on d ground as an evidence of an annointingwhat about cornelius and all d other gentiles that hands were layed on?did they roll stupidly on d floor d way u guys misbehave today??did they fall on d floordid any out of d 120 disciples who were @ d upper room in pentecost 33c.e fall on d floor when d holy spirit descended on them?
What about d 3000 that were baptised that same daydid they fall on the floor when d holy spirit came on them

Ona just too mumu today!!!, how does falling on d floor connect with annointing or being filled with d holy spiritd funny thing is after d blowing of breeze done by chris oyakilome and his colleagues 90 percent of that same crowd go back to fornicate,lie,cheat,commit adultery,embessle government funds,masturbate etc, so what was d annointing forto mumu about abi??,
Jesus said he will deny many who will perform wonderful works,cast out demons and make people roll on d floor ,but only those who do the will of his Father and God Yahweh will he accept,
Laying hands on people to fall down like foolish persons is not part of Gods will in these last days, rather it is those who obey Gods command and observe Jesus words that will survive this world,
So tell ur pastors to cut to d chase and teach people d right things, and stop all this melodrama,

1 Like

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Goshen360(m): 9:01am On Feb 27, 2012
Lol. Take am easy o. E be like say you dey vex too much.lol. take am easy. Let's deal with this matter gradually.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by FXKing2012(m): 9:10am On Feb 27, 2012
@numo86, I must say you cracked me up a little with your comment but try not to be too angry. Very good points you made there!
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by ayodele123(m): 10:24am On Feb 27, 2012
''So the demon has power to knock Christians down . With all the holyghost in them? Very funny . What you don't know you should keep quiet about it. Or rather ask question . Don't  act as though you know in the area you lack Information ''

@jogbaje
 The above quote credited to you refers
I am surprised at the shallowness of your knowledge of Scripture
Whom do you call a Xtian? Are you a Xtian by the fact that you have a Xtian name or was brought by Xtian parents? Even Jesus said that not everyone who calls Him 'Lord,Lord' will enter into His kingdom, that means that not everyone who thinks he is a christian that will enter into His kingdom but those faithful and committed which Heaven recognises whose names are written in the Book of Life.
Yes the demonic anointing can knock down those 'so-called Xtians' who are bread & Butter Christians with water melon lifestyles.
Please, for the sake of your eternal destination, go join a Bible believing and bible practising ministry and 2ndly read the bible by yourself and search out its truths for yourself.You were one of those supporting self-service on the other thread.Have you read 1 Corinthians 6:9?
Do you know what it entails to be a ''faithful and committed christian? it goes far beyond coming to church. Many come to church but their hearts are far away from God. Many Xtians carry the Bible but do not know what is in it. The Bible talks about a people of the last days who ''have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof''.
Do not allow anyone to deceive you and dont setup yourself for deceit. The Word of God is not a secret document.Everyone has access to the Word of God, the Bible unlike many other faiths.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Joagbaje(m): 12:14pm On Feb 27, 2012
^^^^
Do you believe in praying for the sick , healing the sick or casting devils out , speaking in tongues. If you do, all these manifestations will be common occurrence. You are the one that need a holyghost filled church to attend. Not a religious and spiritually dead assembly. The gospel is in power.

1 Corinthians 2:4
4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Joagbaje(m): 12:43pm On Feb 27, 2012
goshen360:

@ diluminati,
Don't be arsh on Jo, let us proof it biblically.

The illuminaty you are palling with is not a believer either in the bible of the christian God. You already have unholy alliance cool

@ joagbaje,
Demon is the most that I see knock people down in the bible.

It's the holy spirit that does it not the demon

Others are believers who fall consciously by themselves in reference or worship to God and his power.

John 18:6
6 When Jesus said to them, I am He, they went backwards and fell to the ground.

Was it a demon that fell the soldiers? Or the power of God.

We must be careful how we validate certain things. The bible is very complete. We should at least find two instances where a believer is knocked down by the power of God in the bible.

The knocking down is not the main issue, it's not an achievement. It's only a manifestation. When the power of God comes on people they cam fall down. It happen in Jesus ministry.The holyghost can manifest in different ways. It doesn't have to be written . Where was it written that a shadow can heal? Where did paul read it that a handkerchief can heal? These manifestation are spiritual. Where is it written that demons can come out by vomit or by fart! . These are manifestations. When you minister in the name of Jesus anything can happen.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by ayodele123(m): 2:54pm On Feb 27, 2012
@joagbaje
  No sir, i disagree with you on the basis of Scripture
  Satan is a counterfeiter. the magicians in the court of Pharaoh also cast their rods and they became serpents too but the rod of Moses swallowed theirs.
  Matthew 7:22-23 says ''Many will say to me in that day, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name have done many wonderful works? And then i will profess unto them, i never knew you,depart from me,you worker of iniquity.

2 Thessalonians 2:9 says '' even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders'' (see also Revelations 13:13-14)

Falling under the anointing is real but much of it these days are by demonic pastors. that is the point. the spirit must be tested, the Bible says so.

In this last day, many xtians are flocking to (false)ministeries operated by psychedelic pastors who condone their water melon lifestyles when the Bible is teaching us in Matthew 11:12 that the kingdom of God suffreth violence and only the 'violent shall take it by force''. Many are running after miracle workers whose power is from the pit of Hell. Miracles is not necessarily a mark of the true church and not an evident sign of the holiness and the divine character of a church. (Matthew 24:24-25)

The Bible says in Matthew 7:13-14 that few will be saved, many will be lost and this is why we should strive to be among the few that will enter heaven through the Narrow Way. God is looking for the few quality Christians who can pay the price stated in Mark 8:34 and attain His standards of Holiness, not the quantity that the Devil is after.
Out of the 600,000 men above age 20 who left Egypt, only 2 of them in that generation reached the Promised Land. Only three persons of the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah were saved from the Destruction visited on it. In the days of Noah, only 8 people were saved when God destroyed that world. And Jesus said that '' as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be at the time of the coming of the Son of Man'' Cant you see the analogy?
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by reveal: 2:55pm On Feb 27, 2012
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for corrrection, for instruction in righteosness, that the man of God may be perfect thourougly furnished unto every good work." 2 Tim 3:16,17
The poster requested for responses from belivers, we should expect that our responses should be based on the Bible so that those reading may be thought true and correct doctrine, those who are rude and uncouth will be reproved, those who are walking in the path of error will be corrected and we all will be instructed in the way of righteousness. It is only in this way that we can grow.
Let us all be careful in our utterances, thier are some that are unbecoming of a believer.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by FXKing2012(m): 3:02pm On Feb 27, 2012
reveal:

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for corrrection, for instruction in righteosness, that the man of God may be perfect thourougly furnished unto every good work." 2 Tim 3:16,17
The poster requested for responses from belivers, we should expect that our responses should be based on the Bible so that those reading may be thought true and correct doctrine, those who are rude and uncouth will be reproved, those who are walking in the path of error will be corrected and we all will be instructed in the way of righteousness. It is only in this way that we can grow.
Let us all be careful in our utterances, thier are some that are unbecoming of a believer.

Thank you very much, you have spoken well.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by chinedumo(m): 3:07pm On Feb 27, 2012
Will it be a counterfeit if there was no original?

Even IN deeper life, Mountain of life etc people fall under the anointing
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Goshen360(m): 3:22pm On Feb 27, 2012
Joagbaje:

The illuminaty you are palling with is not a believer either in the bible of the christian God. You already have unholy alliance  cool

I didn't pally with diluminati. I was only telling her to calm down and be gentle on you so we can treat this subject biblically. However, if you take it that i pally with her, i tell you the truth, God can also speak the truth through a donkey especially when the prophet of God refused to speak. Have you not heard that, God can raise children out from stones for Abraham?

Joagbaje:

It's the holy spirit that does it not the demon

John 18:6
6 When Jesus said to them, I am He, they went backwards and fell to the ground.

Was it a demon that fell the soldiers? Or the power of God.

Mr. Jo, It should not be too hard to explain your biblical verses. You just said above, "it is the holy spirit that does knock people down, not the demon". Can you back up with a verse from the bible where the holy spirit knocked one person down other than demon? Again, You said, was it demon that made the soldiers fall? In the verse, ok. Let's agree it is Jesus power in him that made them fall but on the contrary you just said it is the holy spirit that makes people fall. Remember, the same holy spirit had not yet being given at this time. Also remember if you can explain it that, the soldiers who fell here are unbelievers but still got up and arrested Jesus. Could this mean the power of Jesus could not prevent them from arresting him or could not make them repent from arresting him after falling down?

Joagbaje:

1. It's only a manifestation. 2. When the power of God comes on people they cam fall down. It happen in Jesus ministry.
3. The holyghost can manifest in different ways. It doesn't have to be written.

4. Where was it written that a shadow can heal? Where did paul read it that a handkerchief can heal?

5. These manifestation are spiritual. Where is it written that demons can come out by vomit or by fart! . These are manifestations.

6. When you minister in the name of Jesus anything can happen.

1. You said it is a manifestation. Please, we dont want head knowledge afterall, you asked us to show you where is is written in the bible that mastubation is a sin. So you should be able to show us where it is clearly written that holy spirit falling people down is a manifestation. We can show you all through the bible that manifestations are effect of demonic power, either about to be cast out or still in operation in the life of the possessed.

2. You said, when the power comes upon people they can fall down, it happened in Jesus ministry. Again please show us where in the bible. The holy Ghost came on the disciples like FIRE, my brother none of them fall. This is where God is greater than man. Even the bush burned with fire but wasn't consumed. Please, kindly show us in the bible where it happened in Jesus ministry and lets look at the event if it was demon that caused the falling or power of Jesus.

3. You said, the holy ghost can manifest in different ways. That is very correct and biblical truth but that it doesn't have to be written is HERESY. You know why it is heresy? From the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses, the truth shall be established. Are you  saying from genesis to revelation, complete word of God will negate a single account where the holy spirit made people fall. Are you saying the word of God that is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness is not complete for our standard anymore? Well I leave you to answer that.

4. You said, where was it written that shadows can heal and handkerchief can heal. This is where you missed it. The bible at that time wasn't complete. Now the bible is complete and all kinds of event are written. But then it is written for us as a valid kind of miracle and manifestation of the holy spirit. Again the people heal by shadows and handkerchiefs didn't fall. If you validate this kind of miracles by the holy spirit, then your men of God or even you should have given us testimony how your or their shadow have healed people or rather make people fall.

5. You said, manifestation are spiritual. THAT IS ANOTHER HERESY. Manifestation is physical. When it done in the spiritual such as healing, deliverance, casting out demons and such that are written for us to validate from the bible, the manifestion is physical. If it is spiritual, then your people that falls should fall spiritually without a physical evidence. You also said, what it written that when demon come out, some can vomit fart? This is till physical manifestation of a demonic person. A true believer will never vomit stuffs from the mouth.

6. When you minister in the name of Jesus, anything can happen. Very correct and such this we have examples in the word of God. All kinds of healing, walking on the water, miracles of barren womb, healing by shadows, even the mantle people preach today is not how it is in the bible. In the bible, people brought mantle by themselves and touched Paul with it and took it back home to lay on their sick who cannot come to healing center where Paul was. Today, people sell mantles everywhere. If it is true, it cannot be faked and if it is faked, it cannot be true. How many of people take mantle or handkerchiefs to touch a man of God today and take it back home to touch the sick. This are real miracles not the ones faked today. how many men of God did people touched the helm of their garment and they are healed? why must it always be falling falling all the time like a one way remote control? This is what we question not the power of God.

Awaiting you explanations.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Ayatullah(m): 3:29pm On Feb 27, 2012
@joagbaje, so because you fall means pastor chris has God's power? You must be foooling yourself. Find out how such TRICKS work from former pastor Mathew Oyewole.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:37pm On Feb 27, 2012
Its called hypnosis. . .

You are put in a trans and slowly and surely led to the point where even when he claps, you fall.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Skii(m): 3:49pm On Feb 27, 2012
shocked shocked shocked @goshen360 and @ayodele123?

You go fear bible analysis na

Jesus!!

I feel as if my bible knowledge has gone up by +1000 points!!
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Demainman1: 3:54pm On Feb 27, 2012
@ALL, according to pst Joe, Self-service is Not a SIN rather it is a 'FU-K OFFERING' to his god pst Chris  cheesy cheesy
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by basadenet: 4:08pm On Feb 27, 2012
I am christian and i consider it devilish, in the sense that some pastor push you
hard intentionally so as to look as if his his possessed power pushed you. it is a
pure gimmick and against the teaching of God. I think it is one of the reasons the
government ban any miracle in whatever guise on Tv. It is all deceits.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by rave2u: 4:27pm On Feb 27, 2012
I remember going for one prayer session. As the pastor was praying for me, he kept pushing my head hard. As he was pushing backward, I was pushing forward(In my mind I was like if you like push till tomorrow, I no gree fall). The annoyance was written all over his face. I never knew it was by force to fall.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by sheldon123: 5:31pm On Feb 27, 2012
There were many instances in the bible, when people fell either in the presence of an angel which came from God’s presence, or when Jesus appeared to people after he had descended to heaven and had been glorified.

Example of Saul of Tarsus (Paul) falling "under the power":
Acts 22:7 "And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? "

John the beloved:
Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Revelations 22:8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.

Samson’s parents, when they saw an angel:
Judges 13:20 For it came to pass, when the flame went up toward heaven from off the altar, that the angel of the LORD ascended in the flame of the altar. And Manoah and his wife looked on it, and fell on their faces to the ground.

Prophet Ezekiel:
Ezekiel 1:28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.
Ezekiel 3:23 Then I arose, and went forth into the plain: and, behold, the glory of the LORD stood there, as the glory which I saw by the river of Chebar: and I fell on my face.
Ezekiel 44:4 Then brought he me the way of the north gate before the house: and I looked, and, behold, the glory of the LORD filled the house of the LORD: and I fell upon my face

Even a donkey fell, when he saw an angel:
Numbers 22:27 And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff.

The prophet Balaam also fell, when he saw the angel his donkey had seen:
Numbers 22:31 Then the LORD opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 27, 2012
Poster Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ here to seek trouble and not knowledge. If Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ serious go to a living church near Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊. Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ can't seek Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ Face of God online. Haba some people self, what does NL mean to Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ people.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by means(m): 6:10pm On Feb 27, 2012
Poster Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ here to seek trouble and not knowledge. If Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ serious go to a living church near Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊. Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ can't seek Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ Face of God online. Haba some people self, what does NL mean to Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ people.

beta pikin!! Wetin u sef dey do 4 here
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by totorimi: 6:25pm On Feb 27, 2012
it is a big scam and a deceit to lure unsuspecting members to believe
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by mikeapollo: 6:56pm On Feb 27, 2012
There are pastors and there are pastors! There are prophets and there are prophets.
The pastor/prophet that I know does not need to lay hands on or get close to you before you fall under the mighty annointing of God in his life, his name is Prophet T.B. Joshua

You would not only fall, but sommersault several times if necesary, and if there are no one around to help hold you down!
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by LEXYLOV: 7:26pm On Feb 27, 2012
True deliverance someone can fall without knowing anything of that nature happen. But nowadays, only 10% out of 100 % falling at churches is real and not designated. lipsrsealed
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by FXKing2012(m): 8:04pm On Feb 27, 2012
@sheldon123 made some good points but in the cases he cited, it seems they fell down purposely to worship unlike what happens in churches today. However, the verses below may help support what happens in churches today:

Acts 22:7 "And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? "

Rev 1:17 And when I saw him,[b] I fell at his feet as dead
. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

@gochen360 & @joagabje, what do u think about these verses?[/b]
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by FXKing2012(m): 8:08pm On Feb 27, 2012
@sheldon123 made some good points but in the cases he cited, it seems they fell down purposely to worship unlike what happens in churches today. However, the verses below may help support what happens in churches today:

Acts 22:7  "And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? "

Rev 1:17  And when I saw him,[b] I fell at his feet as dead
. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

@gochen360 & @joagabje, what do u think about these verses?[/b]
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Irunmole(m): 8:27pm On Feb 27, 2012
Nothing stops anyone falling down when touched by these frauds and charlatans, especially those looking to impress others while playing to the gallery for all to see.

The simple answer is their use of hypnosis and sleight of hands coupled with the gullibility of those being led and taken-in by modern day shaman, a.k.a pastors and so called MOG.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by sheldon123: 8:53pm On Feb 27, 2012
Good point @FXKing2012, the account of Balaam's donkey falling down to when it saw the angel was written like the others, which appeared that they bowed down to worship, but surely the donkey didn't fall down to worship, or could it have?

I have never "fallen under the power" myself, but I have had the oppurtunity/priviledge to be the one to conduct some church services. On a few of such occassions, some relatively new people who I myself had invited to church (who had previously not been church goers) "fell under the power" and I didn't even touch them. It happend like this: I was closing my eyes during praise and worship and I heard a loud bang, of someone falling.
I interviwed them afterwards to understand what had happened to them and what made them fall, to understand it all myself. It was clearly the power of God.
There responses were enlightening, but I would rather not share them here.

My advice, go to a church where God's power is real and present. These things are better experienced, than explained.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Goshen360(m): 8:57pm On Feb 27, 2012
FXKing2012:

Acts 22:7  "And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? "

Rev 1:17  And when I saw him,[b] I fell at his feet as dead

@goshen360 & @joagabje, what do u think about these verses?[/b]

The verses are very clear. The case of Saul, i explained in my article. He, Saul was over shadowed with the great light. A similar thing to the kind of mount of transfiguration. They were overshadowed by great light of glory but today's church blow breeze into microphone. When this kind of falling happens in the church, it is biblical because fall under the glory of God and without being arranged. It happens by the leading of Spirit of God not an anointed person trying to show off some power.

The case of John in the book of Revelation is also falling in reference and worship as it is obvious he fell at Jesus' feet. John's falling was also personal by himself, no one touched him. This shows the falling was in reference to the glory of Jesus he saw. When we interpret the bible in context, we get the message.

Awaiting Jo for explanations to this and above comments I made.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by gacha: 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2012
Whao, I'm really impressed and glad that HUMAN BEINGS are begining to reason objectively like the ALMIGHTY wants us to do. If more people can reason like this then the so-called Men of God will find it more difficult to deceive the Multitude ! I too gbadun you guys jare grin
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by bulksms247(m): 10:35pm On Feb 27, 2012
@poster, Probably you haven't experienced it before. Like myself before my experience I laugh at people that always fall down and stand up anywhere and declare that I can't fall. But the day I falled I didn't understand what happened. Uptill now I can't imagine what happened to me that day de only thing I knew was that I was on the church floor. Is not only possessed people that falls on the ground. God might want to change something about you and he will touch you to prove the touch that's when one falls under the anointing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

RCCG - Redemption Camp's 25 Megawatts Power Plant In Pictures / 2020 - 2029 The Last Decade Of The Church ( The Rapture Will Happen Very Soon!!) / What Is The Most Regretful Sin You Have Ever Committed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.