Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,444 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice (2471 Views)

Checkout A Male Student's Fried Spaghetti / How To Prepare A Nutritious Garri Soaked In Water / Best Way To Prepare A Jollof Rice: How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by Acidosis(m): 10:16pm On Feb 26, 2012
I got so dissapointed after eating a 'so called delicious fried rice' prepared by some set of ladies some days ago. .also I was in a gattering where fried rice was served and I ended up throwing away the take-away plate.
[b]Have you ever wondered why most nairaland ladies occupy romance section and not food section? Forgetting that the best method you can use to win a man lies in your practical ability in the kitchen. A man can get tired of sex, romance but he can never be tired of eating delicious meals./b]
I'm a man and I don't think there is any common food I can't prepare, and fried rice is one of the most simplest meal to make especially when you use the new method.
Don't ask me how I arrived @ the %, I've been in a school environment of about 22,000 female students. I know their secrets (indomie noodles), what they can do and what they cannot do. To make my point more practical nairaland ladies should please come and make their comments here. I'm ready to give tutorials to those who are yet to know!
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by Odunnu: 10:22pm On Feb 26, 2012
Please teach me this simplest way of cooking the fried rice
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by MissyB3(f): 10:39pm On Feb 26, 2012
Please, stop multiplying your thread. The others have been taken care of.
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by Acidosis(m): 10:44pm On Feb 26, 2012
@Odunnu, Please ma do you fry your vegetables for fried rice? ?

@Missy_B, Honestly I never knew I was mulplying the thread.
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by MissyB3(f): 10:46pm On Feb 26, 2012
Acidosis:

I see! No problem, the others have been taken care of, like I earlier said.  smiley

Acidosis:

I do. . . .They are to be fried.
And yes, my fried rice is perrrrrfect.  cheesy
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by Acidosis(m): 11:04pm On Feb 26, 2012
^ ^ There is a method that doesn't require frying of vegetables, you only fry the rice and meat. Its richer, easier and better but some people would prefer the frying type because they're used to preparing it that way. You only need to slice the vegetable and then add with fried rice few minutes before it get dried. You don't par boil the rice, just wash thoroughly* with salt. .
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by MissyB3(f): 11:12pm On Feb 26, 2012
Acidosis:

^ ^ There is a method that doesn't require frying of vegetables, you only fry the rice and meat. Its richer, easier and better but some people would prefer the frying type because they're used to preparing it that way. You only need to slice the vegetable and then add with fried rice few minutes before it get dried. You don't par boil the rice, just wash thoroughly* with salt. .
Interesting.
Do you just fry the rice or you just boil or you boil and fry?
Could you prepare this sometime and show us a photo?
Can we get a detailed recipe, please?
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by Acidosis(m): 4:26am On Feb 27, 2012
no, you wash thorougly with salt without boiling, fry the rice dry with vegetable oil, and then boil with water.

I'll get back here with a detailed recipe
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by tpia5: 4:42am On Feb 27, 2012
the best fried rice is made with a wok.

overseas food is sometimes "one kind" because the ingredients arent organic like what obtains at home.

frying the rice beforehand turns it brownish, though it shortens the cooking time and also gives it a fried taste.

parboiling the rice then frying preserves the white colour but could also increase the risk of over cooking or excess oil.

veggies can be fried or added fresh [unless there's onion]- doesnt really matter imo. The risk of frying them beforehand is still the oil.

and yes, cooking is a learning process which can take time if you're not an "olowo sibi" ie if it doesnt come naturally.

hence, there might be a lot of people who are still getting experience.
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by tpia5: 4:44am On Feb 27, 2012
Have you ever wondered why most nairaland ladies occupy romance section and not food section?

no, i havent.

if all of them are in food section wont you folks say they eat too much.
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by Acidosis(m): 5:14am On Feb 27, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by Odunnu: 5:17am On Feb 27, 2012
*waves @Missy*
Hi Missy!
Acidosis:

Yes Sir, I fry the vegetables most times and I have also done the steam type too.
I'll wait for you special recipe anyway
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by Acidosis(m): 5:28am On Feb 27, 2012
great! Then you're in a better position to put us through. . .
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by Nobody: 6:14am On Feb 27, 2012
Acidosis:

I got so dissapointed after eating a 'so called delicious fried rice' prepared by some set of ladies some days ago. .also I was in a gattering where fried rice was served and I ended up throwing away the take-away plate.
[b]Have you ever wondered why most nairaland ladies occupy romance section and not food section? Forgetting that the best method you can use to win a man lies in your practical ability in the kitchen. A man can get tired of sex, romance but he can never be tired of eating delicious meals./b]
I'm a man and I don't think there is any common food I can't prepare, and fried rice is one of the most simplest meal to make especially when you use the new method.
Don't ask me how I arrived @ the %, I've been in a school environment of about 22,000 female students. I know their secrets (indomie noodles), what they can do and what they cannot do. To make my point more practical nairaland ladies should please come and make their comments here. I'm ready to give tutorials to those who are yet to know!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Fried rice's one of the easiest foods to make. I don't believe any food is difficult to make anyway. I do mine differently though and it's always very flavourful.
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by Acidosis(m): 6:34am On Feb 27, 2012
^ ^ winks*
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by MissyB3(f): 10:18am On Feb 27, 2012
Odunnu:

*waves @Missy*
Hi Missy!

Hey, sugar, hope you're good. kiss

Acidosis:

no, you wash thorougly with salt without boiling, fry the rice dry with vegetable oil, and then boil with water.

I'll get back here with a detailed recipe
This is getting more interesting. I'm also waiting for a detailed recipe, please.
If I try this and end up binning my rice, you'll be in hot soup.
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by tpia5: 12:36pm On Feb 27, 2012
Op dont embarass us here abeg.

You can just drop your recipe without this kind of thread title,lol.
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by yme1(f): 3:39pm On Feb 27, 2012
Acidosis:

Lol I get your gist, I think that is guinea fried rice cause that is the way the Ecuatorial guinea prepare their fried rice
I can prepare it that way or the normal way as well
There is also the type that doesn't involve vegatable
In this case the rice is fried with vegatable oil, then the ingredients are added to it, stir for some mins making sure it does not get burnt
after few mins of stirring, you add water to it, half way u add your fried meat to it and voila you get your guinea fried rice
But i must say if done well it taste really delicious.
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by yme1(f): 3:42pm On Feb 27, 2012
Blowing kisses @wifey odunnu kiss kiss kiss, asking her where she hid hubby?

Missy_B:

Interesting.
Do you just fry the rice or you just boil or you boil and fry?
Could you prepare this sometime and show us a photo?
Can we get a detailed recipe, please?
No you can't, husbandssssssss snatcher tongue tongue
Secretly blowing her kisses kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by mkmyers45(m): 4:03pm On Feb 27, 2012
Acidosis:

@op can you prepare a decent one? Open a kitchen/cooking school you will get lots of applicants
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by MissyB3(f): 4:13pm On Feb 27, 2012
y me:

For this, you're not going to see your men for 2 months. . . .They are all going to be locked in my cage.
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by yme1(f): 4:31pm On Feb 27, 2012
Missy_B:

For this, you're not going to see your men for 2 months. . . .They are all going to be locked in my cage.
Well you can keep them for the now. . . . when I need them I will get them back tongue grin
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by GeorgeD1(m): 6:12pm On Feb 27, 2012
i agree with acidosis. its quite disappointing when a lady seemingly beautiful
can't prepare a decent meal-even when you give her all the money she needs
to do it.

i guess the preponderance of fast foods these days is to blame. undecided
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by Odunnu: 10:22pm On Feb 27, 2012
y me:

Blowing kisses @wifey odunnu kiss kiss kiss, asking her where she hid hubby?
hey baby! Good to see you!
Hmmm, we have gist o. Dont know if this mamaput aunty will allow us to really gist here.
Top on the list is that Hubby is about to bring a new wife.Says we dont satisfy him anymore. For me, thats ok, he is a **xmaniac jor. E no dey tire!

@topic: wey the receipe na?

*gives Missy my cutest enthralling smile* thanx for the space gurl
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by tpia5: 10:39pm On Feb 27, 2012
^^stop wishing your fellow woman bad.

remember you're a woman too.
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by Odunnu: 4:04am On Feb 28, 2012
*looks around*
Tilapia, talking to me?
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by tpia5: 11:50am On Feb 28, 2012
O ma sun e.
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by tpia5: 11:52am On Feb 28, 2012
Poster continue jare.

Btw you might as well chat up some ladies here while you're at it.

Obviously na men dey their mind.
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by yme1(f): 2:20pm On Feb 28, 2012
Odunnu:

hey baby! Good to see you!
Hmmm, we have gist o. Dont know if this mamaput aunty will allow us to really gist here.
Top on the list is that Hubby is about to bring a new wife.Says we dont satisfy him anymore. For me, thats ok, he is a **xmaniac jor. E no dey tire!
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked A new wife Ni? He wan die?
he better not try it else we too love playing games
BTW e don tay wy I dey eye that him Secretary self cheesy cheesy

Lol . . . . why Tpia dey beef u na?
Re: 90% Of Ladies Can't Prepare A Decent Fried Rice by Odunnu: 9:19pm On Feb 28, 2012
y me:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked A new wife Ni? He wan die?
he better not try it else we too love playing games
BTW e don tay wy I dey eye that him Secretary self cheesy cheesy

Lol . . . . why Tpia dey beef u na?

Abeg abeg abeg!!!! dont go there! ust you always have eyes for my kinda men?

as per tilapia, God is my witness i dont know what the attention seeking is about. on a second thought, maybe she thinks i was referring to her when i said "mamaput aunty", abeg i had MissyB the mamaput in mind not her. Choi! People get reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal issues!

(1) (Reply)

Why Most People Prefer Rice To Beans? / What To Eat On A First Date. / How Can I Produce/make Cocoa Powder Drink From Pure Cocoa Powder ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.