Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,804 members, 7,813,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Would You Consider Your Spouse Your Best Friend? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Consider Your Spouse Your Best Friend? (7312 Views)

Consider Your Unborn Kids As You Pick A Partner. Don't Be Selfishly In Love. / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Consider Your Spouse Your Best Friend? by ofala(m): 8:50am On Mar 03, 2012
@Poster, nice question.....If only people will start seeing reasons to be TRUE FRIENDS first before getting married
Re: Would You Consider Your Spouse Your Best Friend? by recruitmnt: 9:22am On Mar 03, 2012
^^ awww sweet

I think my hubby is my best friend ( I don't really have friends). He dozes off every time we r jisting angry angry . So I don't know where he falls yet but I know I love him to pieces!
Re: Would You Consider Your Spouse Your Best Friend? by FabulousAutos(m): 11:16am On Mar 03, 2012
Though we may disagree once in a while or quarell over minor issues, she is still my one and only best friend. People you thought are your real friends dissapoints and abandon you when you need them most. They come to you when things are rosy but flee when things get tougher, but the only one that sticks to me through thick and thin is my wife. I wonder what my life would have been without her.
Re: Would You Consider Your Spouse Your Best Friend? by shumno(f): 11:31am On Mar 03, 2012
My husband is my best friend. He is the only one I feel free to discuss any and everything with! We ve been friends like forever from university and now 13 yrs of marriage he is my bestest friend Lol.
Re: Would You Consider Your Spouse Your Best Friend? by shilling(f): 11:36am On Mar 03, 2012
ofala:

@Poster, nice question, Sometimes I ask my self why I 'wasted' 7 years in relationship with my wife before we married. With the kind of joy and new life one gets after marriage, we could have married several years earlier if we knew. That she is my best friend is an understatement because there is nobody who comes close to knowing me the way she does. When I drive in and don't see her car,sometimes I sit in the car fiddling with my phone or laptop till she comes back, Life without her will rather be empty

Wow! That is precious!!
Re: Would You Consider Your Spouse Your Best Friend? by 4teelaw(f): 3:51pm On Mar 03, 2012
Well, personally, my husband isn't my best friend, cos my best friend is my husband. Looking back now, we were so close that we used to say stuff like best friends forever, dream about business partnerships and how we will have each others families and kids over for dinner, fastforward 7years later, we are married. I have never really had another best friend, so I guess he retains that position cos we still gossip, go shopping together, we have our secret language we developed years back. We hardly fight, we communicate with facial expressions, he can still tease that I am fat without ‎​‎offending ‎​mee, and we still act like we are friends! People marvel that we are married!
The bad part of getting married to your best friend is that he knows those dark things from the past that he is fully aware of, which usually you will not share with your husband. I can't even form about some thing when you lost your virginity cos he even knows the guy who took it embarassed nevertheless, we are best friends forever
Re: Would You Consider Your Spouse Your Best Friend? by 4teelaw(f): 3:57pm On Mar 03, 2012
Well, personally, my husband isn't my best friend, cos my best friend is my husband. Looking back now, we were so close that we used to say stuff like best friends forever, dream about business partnerships and how we will have each others families and kids over for dinner, fastforward 7years later, we are married. I have never really had another best friend, so I guess he retains that position cos we still gossip, go shopping together, we have our secret language we developed years back. We hardly fight, we communicate with facial expressions, he can still tease that I am fat without ‎​‎offending ‎​mee, and we still act like we are friends! People marvel that we are married!
The bad part of getting married to your best friend is that he knows those dark things from the past that he is fully aware of, which usually you will not share with your husband. I can't even form about some thing when you lost your virginity cos he even knows the guy who took it embarassed nevertheless, we are best friends forever
Re: Would You Consider Your Spouse Your Best Friend? by isis2: 4:52pm On Mar 03, 2012
I guess i have two best friends. My husband and i discuss everything on planet earth. However, my sis and i can also talk about anything. Perhaps i'm double lucky.
Re: Would You Consider Your Spouse Your Best Friend? by bestman09(m): 1:57pm On Mar 04, 2012
Of course, my wife is my best friend!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Would You Consider Your Spouse Your Best Friend? by Anitavivian: 2:01pm On Mar 04, 2012
ya i agree wit u woman are just d best wink
Re: Would You Consider Your Spouse Your Best Friend? by englishadaeze(f): 4:45pm On Mar 04, 2012
i consider ma man my bestfriend, we share alot togetha hes gon b daa one who b der till da end ov time!
Re: Would You Consider Your Spouse Your Best Friend? by tmama1: 5:18pm On Mar 04, 2012
Yes my hubby is my best friend. I can talk to him and only him about anything, which i may not be able to discuss with any other person. And vice versa.
Re: Would You Consider Your Spouse Your Best Friend? by Jemibee: 10:31am On Mar 05, 2012
My husband is by far my No1 BEST FRIEND!!
Re: Would You Consider Your Spouse Your Best Friend? by cgift(m): 4:48pm On Mar 05, 2012
Nigeria is going to be good again o with these good marraiges i am seeing on Nairaland. I am happy. smiley At least some things still give me hope about 9ja.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should You Continue To Give Loans To Friends, Relatives? / 6 Things You Should Never Do With A Newborn Baby / Buried Baby Found Alive In Lagos (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.