Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,504 members, 7,954,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:37 PM

Bomb Found At Seme Border - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Found At Seme Border (7316 Views)

Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme / The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) / Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb Found At Seme Border by mukina2: 3:45pm On Feb 27, 2012
Members of the anti-bomb squad of the Lagos State Police Command have announced the discovery of a time bomb at Seme, the border between Nigeria and the Republic of Benin.

The bomb was discovered at about 6am on Monday morning at an area dominated by residents from Niger, Mali and Hausa settlers from the northern part of the country.

The police anti-bomb squad has detonated the bomb and have commenced a vigorous search on people passing through the Seme Border. Each person was ordered to raise his hands in the air before being allowed to pass.

"The part of Seme Border where the time bomb was found is occupied mainly by Hausa, Niger and Mali Republic nationals popularly known as 'Zongo'," said a police officer in the area who did not want his name published. "It is suspected the planting of the time bomb might have been done by them.”

When contacted, the Lagos State Police Command spokesperson, Joseph Jaiyeoba, said he was yet to get any briefing on the report. "I have not heard of anything from Seme Border; give me time to confirm and I will get back to you," he said.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/bomb-found-seme
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by chosen04(f): 3:53pm On Feb 27, 2012
. . . . . . Interesting , . . . . . . . . .

So we are now making ''progressive progress'' in bombing related experiments . . . . .

Thank you guys for going international.
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by mkmyers45(m): 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2012
Members of the anti-bomb squad of the Lagos State Police Command have announced the discovery of a time bomb at Seme, the border between Nigeria and the Republic of Benin.

The bomb was discovered at about 6am on Monday morning at an area dominated by residents from Niger, Mali and Hausa settlers from the northern part of the country.

The police anti-bomb squad has detonated the bomb and have commenced a vigorous search on people passing through the Seme Border. Each person was ordered to raise his hands in the air before being allowed to pass.

"The part of Seme Border where the time bomb was found is occupied mainly by Hausa, Niger and Mali Republic nationals popularly known as 'Zongo'," said a police officer in the area who did not want his name published. "It is suspected the planting of the time bomb might have been done by them.”

When contacted, the Lagos State Police Command spokesperson, Joseph Jaiyeoba, said he was yet to get any briefing on the report. "I have not heard of anything from Seme Border; give me time to confirm and I will get back to you," he said.

Note: The parts in Bold. Everyone there should be arrested and quizzed to provide answers

I fear for what will happen if a Bomb explodes in eko ooooo,

Why hasn't the commissioner been briefed How long does it take to make a phone call  
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by jookco(m): 3:57pm On Feb 27, 2012
This thing must stop at this level, the people of Benin Republic are one of the most wicked people on this planet earth, looking for every little opportunity to kill Nigerian settlers in Cotonou and Porto Novo.
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by aglomar: 4:03pm On Feb 27, 2012
Coming closer; Benue, then Ogun. God dstroy ds ppu b4 they dstroy us.
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by Moremony: 4:13pm On Feb 27, 2012
nigeria and bomb!!! na only nigeria them produce bomb for? why we dey share this thing like say na akara?
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by johnbob: 4:19pm On Feb 27, 2012

where you hear that NEWS,
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by ASOROCKb(m): 4:42pm On Feb 27, 2012
johnbob:

where you hear that NEWS,
Dumber, what did you see?
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by XFive: 4:44pm On Feb 27, 2012
There is no place named Zongo at Seme Border. Let them give us facts and not use this Bomb matters to traumatize people
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 27, 2012
Zongo my yansh. angry

Zongo kor Ganja ni. tongue
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by akpanbaba: 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2012
That means the custom officers will be collecting parcel of death Our men will die on daily basis
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by kevoh(m): 5:33pm On Feb 27, 2012
I don't believe the story jare! I was at the border this morning by 7 a.m. No one was asked to raise his hands up and the place looked busy as usual. Infact the only criminal activity taking place was the customs,immigration and other officers harassing and taxing people heavily for money.
And where the heck is zongo? What is even the aim of this false story?
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by MAYORAUTO: 6:10pm On Feb 27, 2012
There is a place they call zongo in seme, am yett to here dis news cos it close to my place.
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by eros(m): 6:48pm On Feb 27, 2012
Hmmmmm!!! Nigeria which way
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by chromoTop: 7:11pm On Feb 27, 2012
jookco:

This thing must stop at this level, the people of Benin Republic are one of the most wicked people on this planet earth, looking for every little opportunity to kill Nigerian settlers in Cotonou and Porto Novo.
how stupid can you get? you sit in your comfort declaring what you have no idea of. Not surprised undecided
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by MrNigeria2(m): 7:39pm On Feb 27, 2012
may God help us in this time.
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 27, 2012
nigerians and talk talk
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by FXKing2012(m): 8:23pm On Feb 27, 2012
diluminati:

nigerians and talk talk

Oh there u are, been looking all over for u.
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by newslive(f): 9:30pm On Feb 27, 2012
wonders shall neva end

Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by chelseabmw(m): 10:12pm On Feb 27, 2012
shocked shocked bomb again
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by djustice: 2:38am On Feb 28, 2012
The reporter got his times wrong. The bomb was set to go off at 6.00am, but was discovered by an Anti-Bomb operative around 5.30, and detonated in a controlled way by the Anti-Bomb squad.

It's time for Nigeriens, Malians, Fulanis and Kanuris in Lagos to go. Those of you who are still keeping Maigadi, na una know o!
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by jspac(m): 7:20am On Feb 28, 2012
chelseabmw:

shocked shocked bomb again
Na normal tin.
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by jspac(m): 7:27am On Feb 28, 2012
kevoh:

I don't believe the story jare! I was at the border this morning by 7 a.m. No one was asked to raise his hands up and the place looked busy as usual. Infact the only criminal activity taking place was the customs,immigration and other officers harassing and taxing people heavily for money.
And where the heck is zongo? What is even the aim of this false story?
Typical Nigerian
XFive:

There is no place named Zongo at Seme Border. Let them give us facts and not use this Bomb matters to traumatize people
You wish
Re: Bomb Found At Seme Border by stynoski: 8:00am On Feb 28, 2012
why are Nigerian journalists so dumb? They dont know the difference between DETONATE and DEFUSE! Most times you see the word DETONATE, what they actually mean is DEFUSE! Why should Police Anti-Bomb Squad DETONATE a bomb! Mschewww!

(1) (Reply)

7000 People Have Unfollowed Kemi Olunloyo On Twitter? / Doyin Okupe son Kissed His Boyfriend (fiancée) Passionately -photo / Yahaya Bello: I'll Ensure Nigerians Have Access To Healthcare, Basic Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.