Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Your Opinion: Relationship Matters - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Opinion: Relationship Matters (1569 Views)

Relationship Matters: 11 Things Women Really Want From Wedding Night Sex / Relationship Matters: Love, Respect & Compromise Part 1 / Relationship Matters..dont Demand Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Opinion: Relationship Matters by maryini(f): 4:26pm On Feb 27, 2012
What is the maximum age a lady can be before it becomes strange that she has never had a boyfriend or been in love? A friend of mine told me her aunt told her she should start praying because at her age of twenty something she has never had a boyfriend. Mind you its not like she does not have guys asking her out everyday and she is smart, schooled abroad, pretty and all.
Re: Your Opinion: Relationship Matters by agiboma(f): 4:33pm On Feb 27, 2012
There is no predefined age, she can date when she feels its right for her to do so. Also when she meets someone that is datable by her standards. Dont try to rush her it's her life she is living. My sister started to date oficially @ age 27 and although we found it strange we just allowed her to be herself, without being judgemental and as her friend you should do the same.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion: Relationship Matters by maryini(f): 1:17pm On Apr 11, 2012
agiboma: There is no predefined age, she can date when she feels its right for her to do so. Also when she meets someone that is datable by her standards. Dont try to rush her it's her life she is living. My sister started to date oficially @ age 27 and although we found it strange we just allowed her to be herself, without being judgemental and as her friend you should do the same.

Very true...I guess the pressure to date as she is currently in nigeria is getting overwhelming.
Re: Your Opinion: Relationship Matters by EfemenaXY: 1:28pm On Apr 11, 2012
maryini: What is the maximum age a lady can be before it becomes strange that she has never had a boyfriend or been in love? A friend of mine told me her aunt told her she should start praying because at her age of 22 she has never had a boyfriend. Mind you its not like she does not have guys asking her out everyday and she is smart, schooled abroad, pretty and all.

Really? I don't think it's anyone's business how, when or if she decides to get hitched.

The important thing is that she does what she feels comfortable with. As long as she's happy then it shouldn't be a problem, and her family and friends should be there to support her whatever choice she decides to make. Besides, 22 is not the end of the road. I personally know of a very very close family friend who's never been married but has finally decided to take the plunge at 50 something ish. A bit on the extreme end, but hey if it makes her happy, who are we to judge her choice?

Afterall, it IS a lot better to be happy and single than to be hitched / married and unhappy. That's my take anyway.
Re: Your Opinion: Relationship Matters by knowledge4(m): 4:17pm On Apr 11, 2012
Men,please keep off this thread.
Let the women do the contribution.
Re: Your Opinion: Relationship Matters by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 11, 2012
maryini: What is the maximum age a lady can be before it becomes strange that she has never had a boyfriend or been in love? A friend of mine told me her aunt told her she should start praying because at her age of 22 she has never had a boyfriend. Mind you its not like she does not have guys asking her out everyday and she is smart, schooled abroad, pretty and all.

Relationship is all abt choices, when the person is ready, then they can get into one. Even if that is at 40 LOL
Re: Your Opinion: Relationship Matters by tasandra: 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2012
Abeg make her aunt,go jare.which kain yeye talk be that tell her to take her time and look out,4 a good guy..she can be inluv wit smiley
Re: Your Opinion: Relationship Matters by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 11, 2012
Re: Your Opinion: Relationship Matters by ronkebp(f): 7:16pm On Apr 11, 2012
I don't think the issue is about age and all, it is about the level of maturity. And we have this problem in Naija, where the ladies will be pushed into relationships that usually end up disastrous. When the right man comes along, the girl will fall freely, in the meantime, she should lower her standards, if that is the problem, because so many people want 'prince charming' that does not exist.

(1) (Reply)

. / Busty Ladies / What Makes A Woman Submit To Her Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.