Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! (3848 Views)

Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Lady Immediately After Having Sex? / Watch The Video Of Beverly & Angelo Having Sex In Big Brother Africa The Chase / Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by sweetiemi(f): 9:58pm On Oct 23, 2007
it makes me wonder, when a guy wants you he calls you probably 5 times aday sends you sms like 6 times aday grin grin when you say ok for the first 3-5mths he is still constant wink then it starts to happen shocked 5 calls become 2 then 1call a day then once in a week, 6 sms become 3 then 2 then none!!! undecided undecided then the stories begin he has been busy that's why he didnt call or he travelled and forgot to tell you or he didnt see your missed calls

can someone in the house tell me why this happens it sure beats me!!!
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by InCarNav: 11:33pm On Oct 23, 2007
because he is after sex and once he gets it moves on to another one.
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:07am On Oct 24, 2007
I guess when they are chasing, they do everything to be accepted. they try to make an impression. once they have gotten the girl, they no longer see the need.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by olanajim(m): 4:24am On Oct 24, 2007
Good or bad, guys have reasons for losing interest and it has little or nothing to do with sex.

When a guy is chasing you, his primary motivation is lust and not love. In psychology, this is a normal process on the part to true love and commitment. What we calls "love at first sight" is nothing but a "lust" in it purest form. I guess our sense of modesty would not allow us admit this. Lust, is the first stage of Love and how you handle it determines what the outcome of the whole affair may be.

With this in mind, we can easily understand why men lose interest in ladies after expending more energy and time in it. It is inevitable. Everyman has this trait. We just have to nurture love.

1. After all the wahala, the guy later found out that "she is after all ordinary". That is when lust began to vanish. At this stage only a mind with concrete plan stays. I, strangely deviated from common practice. For instance, I avoid making too much contact with ladies I'd just met. I won't call you. But I will do things that let you know I value you. It was a result of long term observation. Sure, it hurt some girls. Definitely, they will get over it. Almost all the long term relationship I had till date started that way. Where I deviated and did all the nuisance mentioned above, the relation won't last! I quite understand why it is so and cannot be otherwise.

2. During the chasing, some guys mind are focus on physical attraction. The lady on her part look her best to heighten the lust process. Once succeeded, man begin to unravel hidden traits in the lady that either make him thank his star or curse his luck. It is apparent reaction to these, that may necesitate gradual or sudden lost of interest. Then, he began fresh "hunting"!

3. If the lady is guarantteed and the affair cemented, guys tend to be assured and divested their energy into other things like making money etc. The lady would have to do the "guarding". Responsible guys don't spend half their life chasing babe,

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by ikamefa(f): 4:29am On Oct 24, 2007
olanajim:

Good or bad, guys have reasons for losing interest and it has little or nothing to do with sex.

When a guy is chasing you, his primary motivation is lust and not love. In psychology, this is a normal process on the part to true love and commitment. What we calls "love at first sight" is nothing but a "lust" in it purest form. I guess our sense of modesty would not allow us admit this. Lust, is the first stage of Love and how you handle it determines what the outcome of the whole affair may be.

With this in mind, we can easily understand why men lose interest in ladies after expending more energy and time in it. It is inevitable. Everyman has this trait. We just have to nurture love.

1. After all the wahala, the guy later found out that "she is after all ordinary". That is when lust began to vanish. At this stage only a mind with concrete plan stays. I, strangely deviated from common practice. For instance, I avoid making too much contact with ladies I'd just met. I won't call you. But I will do things that let you know I value you. It was a result of long term observation. Sure, it hurt some girls. Definitely, they will get over it. Almost all the long term relationship I had till date started that way. Where I deviated and did all the nuisance mentioned above, the relation won't last! I quite understand why it is so and cannot be otherwise.

2. During the chasing, some guys mind are focus on physical attraction. The lady on her part look her best to heighten the lust process. Once succeeded, man begin to unravel hidden traits in the lady that either make him thank his star or curse his luck. It is apparent reaction to these, that may necesitate gradual or sudden lost of interest. Then, he began fresh "hunting"!

3. If the lady is guarantteed and the affair cemented, guys tend to be assured and divested their energy into other things like making money etc. The lady would have to do the "guarding". Responsible guys don't spend half their life chasing babe,

Gbam! well said @topic most men are naturally hunters anyway (i think that DNA is encoded in them somewhere) tongue grin
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by olanajim(m): 4:40am On Oct 24, 2007
@Ika,

Gosh! You mean men actually have "hunting" flair in their blood? I'll try to discover mine. I just need a doctor or DNA expert to identify that gene.

By the way, what make women think every man must subscribe to lust all the time? I guess they are beginning to see the reality. Love may be blind to women, for men, it could just as well shut his eyes while being mistaken as blind. They get the message when the guy start hunting afresh.
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by olanajim(m): 4:41am On Oct 24, 2007
@Ika,

Gosh! You mean men actually have "hunting" flair in their blood? I'll try to discover mine. I just need a doctor or DNA expert to identify that gene.

By the way, what make women think every man must subscribe to lust all the time? I guess they are beginning to see the reality. Love may be blind to women, for men, it could just as well shut his eyes while being mistaken as blind. They get the message when the guy start hunting afresh.
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by debosky(m): 4:47am On Oct 24, 2007
Its not true!

I don't like hunting, I prefer to be hunted wink tongue
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by ikamefa(f): 4:49am On Oct 24, 2007
olanajim:

@Ika,

he! he! please do! cheesy

olanajim:

@Ika,

By the way, what make women think every man must subscribe to lust all the time?

because most men are visually inclined grin the sight of a well rounded décolletage tongue OR a well toned booty makes most men swoon or go bunkers
grin

olanajim:

I guess they are beginning to see the reality. [/b]Love may be blind to women, for men, it could just as well shut his eyes while being mistaken as blind. They get the message when the guy start [b]hunting afresh.

yeah you are right! depends on why the man was hunting in the first place! to find a wife or just play around cheesy
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by ikamefa(f): 4:51am On Oct 24, 2007
debosky:

Its not true!

I don't like hunting, I prefer to be hunted wink tongue

" grin " you gat me rolling on the floor! you? pls! pls! stop smoking that weed! you? hunted? " grin "

numero uno hunter hia in this forum wink
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by debosky(m): 4:58am On Oct 24, 2007
Me? Hunter? No oh, it was probably my twin brother posting then.

I am very timid and shy, *shy guy is the kinda guy who'll always be mine, o lord have mercy mercy mercy* grin tongue
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by olanajim(m): 5:14am On Oct 24, 2007
Debosky,
maybe I should start hunting you or set a babe after you? How many do you want? I just can't imagine you are not a hunter!

Ika,
help me now. I want to know if I have that Gene so I can hunt while my homone is a concentrated level. I just hope Rachiwise isn't reading this.

Seriously, when I heard a lady saying men "thinks" with their "kini" I just laughed because I know that real men are smart and can't be tie down just like that.

Yeah, it depend on why you are hunting. I wish we can read minds, most guys would never have got a lady attention because their infatuation would be exposed.

Hei, are women really free of the same phenomenon? Weren't they also be found losing interest in guys after all the trip to Opebi to shop for expensive make-ups and creams? Are they not the real reason "hunters" don't settle for "old meat"?
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by ikamefa(f): 5:30am On Oct 24, 2007
olanajim:

Debosky,
maybe I should start hunting you or set a babe after you? How many do you want? I just can't imagine you are not a hunter!

Ika,
help me now. I want to know if I have that Gene so I can hunt while my homone is a concentrated level. I just hope Rachiwise

help you? i don laff tire! " grin " i cant fit oh! i no sabi book cheesy

olanajim:

Seriously, when I heard a lady saying men "thinks" with their "kini" I just laughed because I know that real men are smart and can't be tie down just like that.

Yeah, it depend on why you are hunting. I wish we can read minds, most guys would never have got a lady attention because their infatuation would be exposed.

Hei, are women really free of the same phenomenon?
Weren't they also be found losing interest in guys after all the trip to Opebi to shop for expensive make-ups and creams? Are they not the real reason "hunters" don't settle for "old meat"?

whether real or fake oh! most of y'all are visually inclined and most will respond +vely to the "visual aids" cheesy grin being thrown at them and like you rightly said most smart onces cant be tied down with that , that is why you hear most men say: they want a girl with a banging body and a very intelligent mind .we are visually inclined too but haven't you heard the saying : to get a woman make love to her mind 1st and you will have her eating out of your hands?

debosky:

Me? Hunter? No oh, it was probably my twin brother posting then.

I am very timid and shy, *shy guy is the kind of guy who'll always be mine, o lord have mercy mercy mercy* grin tongue

grin
@debo cheesy ehen! grin Diana kings lyrics does not apply to you lai lai grin
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by debosky(m): 5:36am On Oct 24, 2007
@ olanajim

I won't mind at all, just make sure they are sane and not drama queens or psychotic gold diggers. plus they must have the very important apple booty with brains to match. Just one will do for me, I'm not really into multi-tasking wink

@ Ika

I was the dude she was singing about in that song, if I wasn't so young at the time she would've put me in the video sef tongue grin
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by netotse(m): 6:38am On Oct 24, 2007
ikamefa:

Gbam! well said @topic most men are naturally hunters anyway (i think that DNA is encoded in them somewhere) tongue grin
sounds like someting fela durotoye said,

men can be hunters nd farmers, hunters like ready made sturvs while farmers choose sturvs with potential and groom it continously whilw watching it grow,

@topic
i read somewhere that if u want to kno how a relationship will be(for the woman)just take all the 'fervor' with which he was pursuing u during the courting or toasting and divide it in half!
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by almondjoy(f): 7:17am On Oct 24, 2007
Why does the topic have to be centered around men only.  Women get tired too and stop calling after they get what they want too----money from their "mugus". Might be in the minority, but same goes both ways.  There is novelty in a "new" toy.  Just like children, men will go to Chuckeecheese today and to Discovery zone tomorrow.  Always looking for something "new".  No condition is permanent but change.

By the age of 21 every observant female would have figured the whole thing out after 2 or 3 dates! No surprises after that. It becomes "standard". Unless you never learn from mistakes. Which would be a terrible pity then. Ladies have learned to come up with their own agenda too to get around this. Either you go in with your eyes open and come out healthier or you go in with your eyes closed and let history keep repeating itself to the detriment of your psychological and physiological wellbeing. I think good and concerned mothers spoke of this to their daughters and sons at age 10!!!!!! Trying to figure this out after 21 years of age is precarious!
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by olanajim(m): 9:03am On Oct 24, 2007
Netotse,
how do men measure that of women then? Divide it by a quarter? Well, exception abounds in men. Some can be true and others may just be 100% fake. So mathematical deduction may be wrong after all.

Ikamefa,
I was wondering how many ladies mind you have made love to. This is certainly revealing! A researcher can't just go out with a theory without first hand experience.

Since you postulated the THE HUNTER HYPOTHESIS, with such a deep conviction, you must be more than fit for the job.

Debosky,
Are you Taiwo or Kenny? I don't know you get twin brother. Ejire Orila Oba Omoge O so ile Alakisa d'ile alasho!!

Don't worry, I don't flow with those gabbages as psychotics, drama queen, gold digger etc that you mentioned. You would soon be receiving call from them. Just don't play them like football. They won't bounce and if they bounce they won't let you score cheap goal.
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by jkpretty(f): 9:06am On Oct 24, 2007
Ladies, are the ones being hunted, so that initially the feelings may not be there, but gradually it grows. And usually when the feeling from the lady gets stronger, it gets to some point where consciously or unconsciously the guy gets to perceive this & he relaxes. The lady takes over at this point.

Now, at that point it may seem the guy is not interested, but its a two way thing, i may say, it may actually be that the guy has lost interest & intends going a fishing again or he has has it in his mind that he already own's u, & believes its all clear to u. His changes then would be that he's trying to make ends meet. At this point if u are very sensitive as a lady u'll be able to tell, if this changes means he's actually tired or he wants more.

Women actually feel neglected at this point when it seems the guys has changed (if its for a good motive) because we crave for attention & re-assurance every now & then.not all ladies though It's ur duty at this point to do his initial duties (although not all).

Some ladies also, do get tired as well when the spark is no more there, for those kind of ladies its either they just realized they can't move on, or they were there for the fun of it, pardon me to say that some ladies too hunt for pleasure
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by olanajim(m): 9:09am On Oct 24, 2007
Great input. Thanks Jk.
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by jkpretty(f): 9:14am On Oct 24, 2007
olanajim:

Great input. Thanks Jk.

Thanks Bro.
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by Scopium: 10:00am On Oct 24, 2007
@ JK
Your piece is just unbiased I like it, it's the truth.
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by arshy(m): 10:32am On Oct 24, 2007
@poster

May be when chasing, guys spend a lot of energy, and after the chase he does not have enough strength to all that he used to have when chasing.

so, give in on time so that he can still have enough energy to love you
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by opokonwa(m): 11:37am On Oct 24, 2007
I think Men are natural 'hunters'. ONLY THAT THE GAME VARIES, FROM 'BABE', 'MONEY', 'POWER', 'VIDEO GAME', 'JOB OPPORTUNITY', ETC.

Men's nature are built to COMPETE, FIGHT, CONQUER, DOMINATE, RULE AND CONTROL. DON'T ASK ME WHY? ASK GOD WHO CREATED US! tongue

EVERY MAN INSTINCTIVELY OR NOT, IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING OR SOMEBODY TO 'PROVIDE CHALLENGES'. ANYTHING TO ENGAGE OUR 'GAME CONSCIOUS' MINDS!

It is not even so much about 'dominance', it's about challenges. WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR 'CHALLENGES'!

And men love to conquer. grin

The natural instinct of a man make him love to conquer.MEN LOVE CHALLENGES.

Men are also direct and bold in their conquering styles. UNLIKE WOMEN WHO ARE COY BY NATURE, WHO PRETEND THEY ARE NOT THERE, MEANWHILE THEY ARE VERY MUCH INTERESTED. tongue

And when the object of his conquest is a 'fair lady' BINGO! shocked shocked shocked FEW 'THINGS' ARE ACTUALLY MORE CHALLENGING AND STIMULATING! tongue tongue tongue YOU WILL SEE HIS CONQUERING INSTINCTS AT HIS BEST! tongue tongue tongue

Deny him that and you are just wasting your time . . .BY INCREASING HIS CURIOSITY AND CONQUERING INSTINCTS! tongue

Say 'No' to him and you inadvertedly increase his conquering libido! embarassed THAT IS WHY 'TILL THINE KINGDOM COME' MEN WILL ALWAYS CONQUER WOMEN! grin

Unfortunately, most ladies are not as interesting to be with as they appear to men from a distance. MAKING THE MAN 'BORED' AND LOOKING FOR MORE CHALLENGES IN WHATEVER GUISE. ANYTHING TO KEEP HIS 'GAMELY MIND' OCCUPIED AND INTERSTING.

THE JOB WOMEN HAVE TO DO EVEN IF THEY REFUSE TO ACCEPT THIS REALITY IS TO FIND WAYS, SEVERAL WAYS, TO KEEP OUR 'HIGHLY GAMELY MINDS' CHALLENGED. OR YOU STAND TO LOSE YOUR MAN TO OTHER INTERESTS NAMELY; MONEY, JOB, FRIENDS OR EVEN 'OTHER WOMEN'.

CONQUER YOUR MAN'S MIND AND HE WILL STAY WITH YOU LIKE A 'LAPPING DOG'. grin

(I DESERVED TO BE PAID FOR THIS SECRET grin)
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by olanajim(m): 12:14pm On Oct 24, 2007
Who told you that is a secret? Even a primary school boy know it.
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by ikamefa(f): 2:27am On Oct 25, 2007
olanajim:

Netotse,
how do men measure that of women then? Divide it by a quarter? Well, exception abounds in men. Some can be true and others may just be 100% fake. So mathematical deduction may be wrong after all.

Ikamefa,
I was wondering how many ladies mind you have made love to. This is certainly revealing!
A researcher can't just go out with a theory without first hand experience.

Since you postulated the THE HUNTER HYPOTHESIS, with such a deep conviction, you must be more than fit for the job.

Debosky,
Are you Taiwo or Kenny? I don't know you get twin brother. Ejire Orila Oba Omoge O so ile Alakisa d'ile alasho!!

Don't worry, I don't flow with those gabbages as psychotics, drama queen, gold digger etc that you mentioned. You would soon be receiving call from them. Just don't play them like football. They won't bounce and if they bounce they won't let you score cheap goal.

naaaaaaaaah! dont get it twisted do i look like a man or sound like a man! my supposed theory has been tested so many times c o s i've got brovas,cousins,friends and i see what they do and how they go about thier runs!

omo chillaxe and cool down for Jesus!
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by debosky(m): 2:44am On Oct 25, 2007
ikamefa:

naaaaaaaaah! don't get it twisted d[b]o i look like a man or sound like a man[/b]! my supposed theory has been tested so many times c o s i've got brovas,cousins,friends and i see what they do and how they go about their runs!

omo chillaxe and cool down for Jesus!

show us the onion/apple booty and the question shall be answered! as D'banj talk, No long Tin! tongue grin
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by ikamefa(f): 2:46am On Oct 25, 2007
debosky:

show us the onion/apple booty and the question shall be answered! as[b] D'banj talk, No long Tin![/b] tongue grin

" grin " true dat jare no long thing! cheesy check out my profile cheesy
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by debosky(m): 3:44am On Oct 25, 2007
na you get those apple bottoms?

I want to see the original Ika booty, no more no less tongue wink hmm, well maybe more!
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by ikamefa(f): 3:55am On Oct 25, 2007
debosky:

I want to see the original Ika booty, no more no less tongue wink hmm, well maybe more!

e no big reach? tongue you can't fit to see the original ika6 booty tongue you go just faint grin
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by Nobody: 3:59am On Oct 25, 2007
na Ika6 get those apples? shocked
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by Islander(f): 4:00am On Oct 25, 2007
Because deep inside they are gay, the chasing tactic was just to shy away attention from their true sexuality, LOLOLOLOLOL
Re: Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Relationship After The Chase?! by ikamefa(f): 4:08am On Oct 25, 2007
davidylan:

na Ika6 get those apples? shocked

debosky:

see them " grin " @olanajim see my theory is right! most guys are visualy inclined see now! my visual aid is working just fine he! he! cheesy

i don answer una! tongue the thing no big reach? " grin "

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons Why Those Good Looking Women Are Not Married / My Mother Is Having Sex With Her Boss And I Don't Know What To Do. / How Faithful Are Deeper Life Ladies??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.