Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,039 members, 7,953,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:11 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway (7447 Views)

Flood Takes Over Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Morning (Photos) / Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode / Fulani Herdsmen Working For Boko Haram – Falae (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Beaf: 3:44am On Feb 28, 2012
[size=14pt]Fulani herdsmen rob on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway[/size]
By Ernest Nwokolo, Abeokuta 27/02/2012 01:11:00

Fulani herdsmen yesterday abandoned their cattle and seized the Ogun State stretch of the Lagos - Ibadan Expressway. They used bows, arrows, knives and other weapons to rob travellers of cash and other items.

They also stalled traffic for many hours at different times of the day.

The herdsmen, it was gathered unleashed some animals on the road, which slowed down traffic and enabled them to rob their victims.

It was gathered that travelers who were heading for Lagos were compelled to detour. Those traveling in the opposite direction had to beat a retreat.

For many hours, they seized the Expressway and three times the herdsmen were dislodged from the road by Police patrol team from the Ogun State Command, Police spokesman Olumuyiwa Adejobi, said.

Adejobi said the police would now beam their searchlight on cattle rearers, having taken to crimes along with minding animals.

He said no arrest has been made while the police have successfully evicted them from the highway.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/37990-fulani-herdsmen-rob-on-lagos-ibadan-expressway.html
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Beaf: 3:49am On Feb 28, 2012
I keep repeating it that nomadic cattle rearing should be banned. We are not living in the dark ages.
The states where these cattle rearers hail from should provide designated grazing areas which the cattle cannot leave; failing which their owners will be treated as armed robbers.

Nomadic cattle rearing is used as a guise for all sorts of dispicable acts, from mass murders (including the slaughtering of babies) to armed robberies and weapons smuggling. It has become the next biggest security risk to the nation after the almajiri problem.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Onlytruth(m): 3:55am On Feb 28, 2012
Beaf:

Fulani herdsmen yesterday abandoned their cattle and seized the Ogun State stretch of the Lagos - Ibadan Expressway. [size=14pt]They used bows, arrows, knives and other weapons to rob travellers of cash and other items[/size].

The herdsmen, it was gathered unleashed some animals on the road, which slowed down traffic and enabled them to rob their victims.

It was gathered that travelers who were heading for Lagos were compelled to detour. Those traveling in the opposite direction had to beat a retreat.

For many hours, they seized the Expressway and three times the herdsmen were dislodged from the road by Police patrol team from the Ogun State Command, Police spokesman Olumuyiwa Adejobi, said.

Adejobi said the police would now beam their searchlight on cattle rearers, having taken to crimes along with minding animals.

He said no arrest has been made while the police have successfully evicted them from the highway.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/37990-fulani-herdsmen-rob-on-lagos-ibadan-expressway.html

grin grin grin I de laff.

Soon Fulani will use bows and arrows to rob banks in Nigeria.
Does anyone see how pathetic this is?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by ak47mann(m): 4:55am On Feb 28, 2012
lol o dikwa serious,
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by ebere1712: 5:03am On Feb 28, 2012
lol at no arrests were made.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 5:26am On Feb 28, 2012
I suspect these are not ordinary cattle rearers,they are boko haram who have come to SW to test the waters and gauge the reaction of SWesterners first before they extend their bombings to SW.this incident happened deep inside sw.and how come non of the cattle rearers was arrested or killed?this shows that the so called policemen are northerners playing hide and seek with their brothers in the south.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Jakumo(m): 5:41am On Feb 28, 2012
This was apparently a MAJOR incident, and as a result, ALL banks in Ogun State, Nigeria have closed shop until further notice,  in protest of the FAILED promise of their governor to provide armored personnel carriers as a preventative measure against armed bank robbery.   If you live in that part of Nigeria, consider printing your own cash if you need any for the next few days, since there will be NO banks open. 

Returning to the cattle-rearing highwaymen, it has been long known that those cattle herds always include a couple of cows fitted with saddle bags that contain assault rifles and enough ammo for a good old fashioned Mexican standoff.  Those goofy-looking cow herdsmen are in fact as dangerous as the skinny Somali street fighters they so closely resemble.

Ask not for who the cow moos, for it may moo for you.

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by nduchucks: 5:44am On Feb 28, 2012
Fools are now blaming Fulani Herdsmen for the incompetence of police and those responsible for public safety. The police and the incompetent officials tell us that Fulani Herdsmen committed the crime, yet they cannot produce a single one of the so-called criminal herdsmen. I submit that this story is unbelievable and an outright lie. It is more likely that the real robbers tried to frame innocent herdsmen. SMH

My people are in denial again.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/648223_rak_jpg3be10a689dcae3eda0158a90666e866e
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by naptu2: 6:04am On Feb 28, 2012
Why is it that things that should ordinarily be a blessing have become a curse in Nigeria?

We have oil, which should be a blessing, but has become a curse due to environmental pollution, land-grab and outright stealing.

We have gold, which should have been a blessing, but has become a curse due to lead poisoning.

We have cattle, which should be a blessing, but has now become a curse due to the antics of nomadic fulani cattle rearers.

In the 1950s & 60s Sir Ahmadu Bello provided grazing areas for cattle rearers, what is wrong with our current leaders?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 6:48am On Feb 28, 2012
Police ar jst patheticaly incompetnt! Dislodge? Then they go, regroup nd come back.
What ar d police afraid of, d bows and arrows or d Uthman dan Fodio? The whole police who dislodge dem suld be roundd up nd pt n cell fo a week!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by freecocoa(f): 12:14pm On Feb 28, 2012
O nsogbu di kwa,e nu kwa ndi aboki na kpazi ike,ngwanu osara oku.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by mkmyers45(m): 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2012
Beaf:

Fulani herdsmen yesterday abandoned their cattle and seized the Ogun State stretch of the Lagos - Ibadan Expressway. They used bows, arrows, knives and other weapons to rob travellers of cash and other items.

Where is the police No Arrest O yes more like Nigeria
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Exponental(m): 12:29pm On Feb 28, 2012
Insult upon injury!
Cos southerners are not retaliating, they take us as fools.
Make this abokis no dare us oooo.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by monopolist: 12:37pm On Feb 28, 2012
You will Catch them today listen attentively:

1. Find out the colour of Cattle been reared in that area

2. If the Colour is White then arrest all Fulani in that area

3. If the colour of the cattle prominently reared there is Red then arrest all Bororo there

If both colours are reared then arrest all Fulani and bororo there

Bororo are more likely to rob than Fulani. They cover their faces with their black ijab and rob innocent people.

SIMPLE Wisdom.

Best Results
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by ACM10: 12:41pm On Feb 28, 2012
Beaf:

Fulani herdsmen yesterday abandoned their cattle and seized the Ogun State stretch of the Lagos - Ibadan Expressway. [size=38pt]They used bows, arrows, knives and other weapons[/size]  to rob travellers of cash and other items.

The herdsmen, it was gathered  unleashed some animals on the road, which slowed down traffic and enabled them to rob their victims.

He said no arrest has been made while the police have successfully evicted them from the  highway.

[size=58pt]O dikwa RISKY![/size]
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by ACM10: 12:48pm On Feb 28, 2012
Beaf:

Fulani herdsmen yesterday abandoned their cattle and seized the Ogun State stretch of the Lagos - Ibadan Expressway. They used bows, arrows, knives and other weapons  to rob travellers of cash and other items.

[size=38pt]The herdsmen, it was gathered  unleashed some animals on the road[/size], which slowed down traffic and enabled them to rob their victims.

He said no arrest has been made while the police have successfully evicted them from the  highway.

Those herdsmen na mumu o.

Why not sell their cows and make money?

A cow now goes for N200,000 or more.

If I be police, na their cattles I go arrest and not them because they are worthless bunch  grin
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 28, 2012
I also heard that these filthy Fulani herdsmen also rape hapless women along that road (particularly along the Mowe/Ibafo axis). If you're female and your car develops a fault around that area, they just appear from nowhere and drag you into their den where an umpteen number of those gaunt looking creatures would torture you to death with their dreadful you-know-what. These hideous animals should be bundled back to their desert-homes up north.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by mkmyers45(m): 1:15pm On Feb 28, 2012
pro01:

I also heard that these filthy Fulani herdsmen also violation hapless women along that road (particularly along the Mowe/Ibafo axis). If you're female and your car develops a fault around that area, they just appear from nowhere and drag you into their den where an umpteen number of those gaunt looking creatures would torture you to death with their dreadful you-know-what. These hideous animals should be bundled back to their desert-homes up north.

Their dreadful you-know-what should be cut-off since the want to be treated by animals angry angry angry
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by eghost247(m): 1:19pm On Feb 28, 2012
wow this is suprising
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by MACHINES212(m): 1:35pm On Feb 28, 2012
i think if we all have guns in these country.nobody will threaten anybody.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by chuks49(m): 1:37pm On Feb 28, 2012
Am sure Sheik Sanusi will come up with another 13% derivation explanation for this.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by adamaw2tuf: 2:59pm On Feb 28, 2012
DUME AYI DI PULLO/BORORO? PIRA WANDU KEFERO.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by mustspin: 4:13pm On Feb 28, 2012
ACM10:

Those herdsmen na mumu o.

Why not sell their cows and make money?

A cow now goes for N200,000 or more.

If I be police, na their cattles I go arrest and not them because they are worthless bunch  grin
this your comment got me laughing real bad. usually, they do not own all those cattle, they are just nomads that rear cattle for different people. they collect a fixed amount on each cow from the owners. so they are just custodians and anybody that travels around the country will know its the usual practise of those fulanis to rob especially at nights

it was a gud move by the IGP to disband all checkpoints but i believe they should have remained on those highways as observers. they have no business being in the barracks. what the IGP needs to discourage is the toll they collect from road users and not fro them to go back to the stations or barracks as the case may be
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by ACM10: 4:40pm On Feb 28, 2012
mustspin:

this your comment got me laughing real bad. usually, they do not own all those cattle, they are just nomads that rear cattle for different people. they collect a fixed amount on each cow from the owners. so they are just custodians and anybody that travels around the country will know its the usual practise of those fulanis to rob especially at nights

it was a gud move by the IGP to disband all checkpoints but i believe they should have remained on those highways as observers. they have no business being in the barracks. what the IGP needs to discourage is the toll they collect from road users and not fro them to go back to the stations or barracks as the case may be

Na still the same thing naw.

Dem no sharp at all if money be their wahala. Why not sell the cows in their custody and abscond with the money? After all, na dat one be better thief. I'm beginning to think that they don't rob for monetary gain. Cause nobody travels now with large sum of money. I can assure you that all their booty from 5 attacks wont worth the price of a cow. Then that takes us to the next question. What is the motivation behind their robbery attacks? IMO, it's all for sex[i]u[/i]al gratification. I arrived at this conclusion based on the fact that I've seen many cases of gruesome r[i]a[/i]pe by these thieves/herdsmen. Their attack is never complete without r[i]a[/i]pe
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by LEXYLOV: 4:42pm On Feb 28, 2012
Insecurity grips everywhere under the supervision of a clueless regime Chewwww.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by seenoevil1: 4:55pm On Feb 28, 2012
[size=20pt]WHERE'S OPC WHEN YOU NEED THEM grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by eros(m): 4:59pm On Feb 28, 2012
Most of us still don't get it. This new IGP is a snake, he knows Nigerians have always been complaining about police road blocks, so to please us he decides to ban every road block in the country. Road blocks gone, every Nigerian praises him and are very happy with the development.

But the policemen are very upset over this, because their extra source of income has been denied them. So they unleash mayhem on the highways in connivance with armed robbers, to terrorise motorists and then wait for Nigerians to call them back to their posts.

Unfortunately, 2 - 4 weeks from now everybody will be telling the IGP to restore the road blocks because of the increased robberies and insecurity on the highways and the police will be back to doing what they know how to do best - extort Nigerians.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by seenoevil1: 5:28pm On Feb 28, 2012
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by aurenflani: 5:41pm On Feb 28, 2012
d nation media outfit is clearly out to demonise fulani and muslims as usual. no arrests were made and no victim of d robbery to qoute? did dis took place in d middle of d sahara desert?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by andyanders: 6:26pm On Feb 28, 2012
Waste these fulani herdsmen here in the south cos they are BH. One day, they will start dropping bombs.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by ak47mann(m): 6:32pm On Feb 28, 2012
Dont mind those mgbati people, they fear fulanis anyhow COWARDS anyway they are the same breed, sad sad
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by francisca5: 8:17pm On Feb 28, 2012
Fulani's and hausa's and a lady robbed traveller last week tuesday along omoku express way rivers state in the early hours of the morning. They are really doin shit .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Nabs 26 Oil Thieves, Majority Ghanaians / Urhobo Youths Give Ijaw Indigenes 14-day Ultimatum To Vacate Udu Land / Flashback: How Kudirat Abiola Was Brutally Assassinated On The Streets Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.