Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months (7578 Views)

New Tanzania President John-Magufuli Did These In Just 3 Months – AMAZING / Donald Trump Offers Obama $5Million In Exchange For College Records / Moammar Gadhafi Is Truly Dead. Proof In 3 Gruesome Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by chuks49(m): 11:15am On Feb 28, 2012
For the third time in three months, Ghana experienced another electric power failure on Sunday plunging the whole nation into darkness for about three hours.

The system failure at the National Grid Company Limited (GRIDCo) occurred at the power transmitter at about 7.45 pm but was restored in some parts of the country at about 9.30 pm same day.

Officials of the Electricity Commission of Ghana (ECG) ascribed the fault to a technical failure.

The Public Relations Officer of ECG, Gloria Dua Saky on Sunday night could only confirm that there was power failure in Greater Accra region, Tema, Winneba (Central region), and the Ashanti region.

However reports coming in from the interior indicate that all 10 regions in the country were affected by the blackout, which spanned over two hours.

The Public Relations Officer of GRIDCO Mr. Albert Quainoo said the whole nation was affected and attributed it to technical problems emanating from the Akosombo, Tema and Takoradi power plants interconnectivity.

Meanwhile, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Volta Region Authority Mr. Kweku Awotwi has attributed current energy challenges in the country to the short-fall in the supply of gas from the West African Gas Pipeline Company.

He said that WAGPCO presently supplies VRA about 90,000 British Thermal Units (BTU) of Liquefied petroleum gas daily.

The Chief Executive Officer, who said the problem was temporary, explained that Ghana currently needs a daily supply of 1,600 megawatts power for both domestic and industrial purpose.

He hinted that plans were underway to shore up daily supply by 960 megawatts by 2013.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=155705:ghana-records-third-power-failure-in-3-months&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by JUO(m): 2:38pm On Feb 28, 2012
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. for naija na everyday
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by alfredo4u(m): 2:44pm On Feb 28, 2012
I Sorry 4 nija pple. It wil take nija nepa 1mnth to retify d problem, anoda 1mnth to fix it. God help us
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by abhosts(m): 2:46pm On Feb 28, 2012
chuks49:

For the third time in three months, Ghana experienced another electric power failure on Sunday plunging the whole nation into darkness for about three hours.

The system failure at the National Grid Company Limited (GRIDCo) occurred at the power transmitter at about 7.45 pm but was restored in some parts of the country at about 9.30 pm same day.

Officials of the Electricity Commission of Ghana (ECG) ascribed the fault to a technical failure.

The Public Relations Officer of ECG, Gloria Dua Saky on Sunday night could only confirm that there was power failure in Greater Accra region, Tema, Winneba (Central region), and the Ashanti region.

However reports coming in from the interior indicate that all 10 regions in the country were affected by the blackout, which spanned over two hours.

The Public Relations Officer of GRIDCO Mr. Albert Quainoo said the whole nation was affected and attributed it to technical problems emanating from the Akosombo, Tema and Takoradi power plants interconnectivity.

Meanwhile, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Volta Region Authority Mr. Kweku Awotwi has attributed current energy challenges in the country to the short-fall in the supply of gas from the West African Gas Pipeline Company.

He said that WAGPCO presently supplies VRA about 90,000 British Thermal Units (BTU) of Liquefied petroleum gas daily.

The Chief Executive Officer, who said the problem was temporary, explained that Ghana currently needs a daily supply of 1,600 megawatts power for both domestic and industrial purpose.

He hinted that plans were underway to shore up daily supply by 960 megawatts by 2013.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=155705:ghana-records-third-power-failure-in-3-months&catid=1:news&Itemid=2

Yet some uninformed people would continue to compare Ghana to Nigeria. 1,600 megawatts would not even be sufficient for Lagos.
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by DaMayor1: 2:57pm On Feb 28, 2012
abhosts:

Yet some uninformed people would continue to compare Ghana to Nigeria. 1,600 megawatts would not even be sufficient for Lagos.
My Brother na real "some uninformed people". This is just the begining.
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by DaMayor1: 2:57pm On Feb 28, 2012
abhosts:

Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by johnie: 2:58pm On Feb 28, 2012
abhosts:

God bless you!
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by DaMayor1: 2:58pm On Feb 28, 2012
abhosts:

Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by DaMayor1: 3:00pm On Feb 28, 2012
abhosts:

Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by Agimor(m): 3:04pm On Feb 28, 2012
Atleast the NEPA in my area how now encouraging know no day passes without a blink of power supply.
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by johnie: 3:06pm On Feb 28, 2012
chuks49:

embarassed

chuks49:

grin
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by gulfer: 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2012

3-hours, Kinni big deal?
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by gulfer: 3:41pm On Feb 28, 2012

3-hours, Kinni big deal?
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by gulfer: 3:43pm On Feb 28, 2012

3-hours, Kinni big deal?
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by Enice(m): 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2012
using what was stated in the passage, one can clearly say Nigeria is better than Ghana because what happened was a system collapse. Note that nothing is mentioned about actual power supply to various areas which is mainly affected by rationing, faulty transformers, weather , etc. People in Ghana would tell you that yes there is daily power failure.
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by Sike(m): 4:33pm On Feb 28, 2012
Abegi clap for 9ja!
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by texazzpete(m): 4:47pm On Feb 28, 2012
abhosts:

See this cretin! it matters not how much power Ghana needs. All that matters is that the leaders of that nation were largely able to provide enough power to meet the needs of their people for most of the time. Nigeria has not been able to match that in any way.

I know many Nigerians are afflicted with a provincial mentality like you've just displayed, but you all must learn to use your brains better!
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 28, 2012
Jesus weep for 9ja
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by chucksbadt(m): 5:05pm On Feb 28, 2012
Ghana stil đε̲̣̣γ̲̣̣ start, dem go soon join 9ja 4 steady BLACKOUT! grin
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by Whytebaby(m): 5:08pm On Feb 28, 2012
What more can I say, it's a big shame considering the huge resources generated in this country compared to that of Ghana yet, they have been able to achieve this feat. Reality of this sort is still a fantasy here may be a dream of 2020 or beyond; it's really shameful. God help us.
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by andyanders: 5:33pm On Feb 28, 2012
It will take Nigeria 10yrs to rectify one day problem. I know of some area that for 4 yrs, they have no light ye they bring bills
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by jspac(m): 5:34pm On Feb 28, 2012
Dere own beta make dem come naija grin
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by sniperwolf(m): 5:41pm On Feb 28, 2012
3rd in a month and it's news. I can't count the number of times I have power talk less of when there is power failure
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by sniperwolf(m): 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2012
3rd in a month and it's news. I can't count the number of times I have power talk less of when there is power failure
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by sniperwolf(m): 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2012
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by sniperwolf(m): 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2012
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by Eazeee(m): 5:53pm On Feb 28, 2012
lucky dudes.dey shud com 2 naija n dey wil giv tanx givin in church.
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by andyanders: 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2012
It will take Nigeria 10yrs to rectify one day problem. I know of some area that for 4 yrs, they have no light ye they bring bills
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by andyanders: 6:15pm On Feb 28, 2012
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by stexjex: 6:16pm On Feb 28, 2012
Naija pple don tooo D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥y stay Ghana , dem don D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥y carry their bad head go D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅‎​ country , make dem pursue all of them commot there b4 Ghana turn τ̲̅ȍ τ̲̅ȍ naija oOº°˚˚˚˚°ºOo. , ghanains save urserves oOº°˚˚˚˚°ºOo.
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by LEXYLOV: 6:27pm On Feb 28, 2012
Either small or big kudos to Ghana. What happen to nigeria electricity power sector since 1960 . Who witness nigeria electricity stable for a whole month without blink come out and talk. Pray for ghana rawling style of revolution and see what will happen 2 years after that. lipsrsealed
Re: Ghana Records Third Power Failure In 3 Months by debedebe(m): 6:32pm On Feb 28, 2012
Chai 3rd tyme in 3months dats a gud tin, In naija na every seconds, Yesday nite my light was comin ON and OFF like xmass light, God save naija o,

(1) (2) (Reply)

India Considers Wheat Imports From Russia At Discount To Calm Prices / GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President / Ethiopia Launches Electric Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.