Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member (7716 Views)

UPDATE: Guard Averts Mass Casualty From Jos Church Explosion / Jos Church Attack:suicide Bomber,cocin Member -dfence Hq. / Boko Haram Kills 3 In Jos Church: Commissioner Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by rabzy01: 11:08am On Mar 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

cORRECTION! your questions there remain st-u-pid questions sorry. Boko Haram has come out to claim responsibility for the bombing in Cocin jos. The answers to the questions i have asked so far have been answered in the reports that have surfaced since the incident. Only that some people would rather continue to destroy the memory of a man that was killed in error.

Boko Haram claimed responsibility through who? Through the same Abu Qaqa who who has been in SSS detaintion since. , . ?

texazzpete:

The COCIN bombing in jos was carried out by suicide bomber(s).

No matter any speculation about any involvement of Christians in any of the Northern attacks in recent times, only adherents of one religion in Nigeria will ever consider suicide bombing.

No prizes for guessing which religion that is. Now show yourself and your daft theories to the door.

So only people from ONE RELIGION go for suicide bomb,  people from the other religion only DETONATE BOMBS and run away. What a theory?
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by Kobojunkie: 11:56am On Mar 01, 2012
rabzy01:

Boko Haram claimed responsibility through who? Through the same Abu Qaqa who who has been in SSS detaintion since. ,  . ?

WOW . . . you are really set on pinning even this particular case that Boko Haram has claimed responsibility for, even when confirmed by international agencies, on Christians, aren't you? Well, goodluck with that. Just stop responding to my posts with your imb_ecilic questions as I am not here to help you further your own side of this delusion.
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by rabzy01: 12:58pm On Mar 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

WOW . . . you are really set on pinning even this particular case that Boko Haram has claimed responsibility for, even when confirmed by international agencies, on Christians, aren't you? Well, goodluck with that. Just stop responding to my posts with your imb_ecilic questions as I am not here to help you further your own side of this delusion.

Easy Kobo!!! I just asked questions. I dont know that asking question is now an offense in Nairaland. By the way dont wish me "Goodluck", wish me OBJ, no wish me . As per responding to your post, I wont stop. You know why? You are my sister and it is a free world. Lol,,,,,
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by Kobojunkie: 1:01pm On Mar 01, 2012
rabzy01:

Easy Kobo!!! I just asked questions. I dont know that asking question is now an offense in Nairaland. By the way dont wish me "Goodluck", wish me OBJ, no wish me . As per responding to your post, I wont stop. You know why? You are my sister and it is a free world. Lol,,,,,

I am not your sister, and I hate people asking stupid questions. If you would rather cling to delusions then so be it but do not confuse me with your kind.
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by rabzy01: 2:18pm On Mar 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I am not your sister, and I hate people asking silly questions. If you would rather cling to delusions then so be it but do not confuse me with your kind.

You are my sister. So confuse not; hate me not. We only ask to know the truth so that the truth shall set us freeee. lipsrsealed
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by texazzpete(m): 5:24pm On Mar 01, 2012
rabzy01:

You are my sister. So confuse not; hate me not. We only ask to know the truth so that the truth shall set us freeee. lipsrsealed

You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on your backside.
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by sholatech(m): 6:06pm On Mar 01, 2012
Bauchi CAN denies alleged arrest of members with explosives

Tweet

March 1, 2012 | 4:33 pm

News

Bauchi – The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Bauchi chapter, has refuted reports that explosive devices were found on some of its members at the COCIN church at Miya Barkate in Toro Local Government Area of the state.

Addressing newsmen in Bauchi on Wednesday, the state chairman of the association, Rev. Lawi Pokti, said some church members were aggrieved over the relocation of the Local Church Council headquarters from Tilden Fulani to Miya-Barkate.

He said series of meetings were held between Feb. 5 and Feb. 25 to resolve the issue so that the headquarters would be returned to the former place (Tilden Fulani).

He explained that on Feb. 26, seven members from the congregation of Tilden Fulani “came to find out the outcome of the meeting the previous day, and as they were being briefed by the reverend in charge, Rev. Adamu Azi, one Danjuma Sabo (a member of the congregation) went and sat outside’’.

Pokti quoted Azi as saying that the alleged device was seen near him (Sabo) by worshipers coming into the church who raised alarm with shouts of ‘bomb! bomb!!’.

He said the shouts attracted the attention of other worshippers, members of the public and security officials.

Pokti said the association was disturbed by the conclusion from certain quarters that members of the church came to bomb their place of worship.

“No weapon was found on any of the arrested members, except the suspected device found near Danjuma Sabo,’’ the chairman stressed.

“We call for a thorough investigation into the matter to unveil the sponsors of Danjuma Sabo and to know where he got the suspected device from.

“We advise that a thorough investigation be carried into the incident before making official statement.’’

It will be recalled that the police in Bauchi issued a statement on Sunday, alleging that eight members, belonging to a faction of COCIN church in Unguwan Ring area of Tilden Fulani town in Toro council had been arrested in connection with plans to bomb the church.

The police said an improvised explosive device was recovered from one of the suspects. (NAN)
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 06, 2012
I am yet to understand why Nigeria is yet to go the Sudan/Czechslovakia way.Are the Southern Christians such cowards??Or are you like the Egyptians,waiting for sharia law in enugu and rivers states, I hope the northerners succeed.
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by trenchcoat: 9:18am On Mar 07, 2012
Jos church attack: Suicide bomber, COCIN member –Defence HQ

From UBONG UKPONG, Abuja
Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) yesterday identified Mr. Adams Joseph Ashaba, as the Boko Haram suicide bomber, who allegedly masterminded the bombing of the Church of Christ in Nigeria (COCIN) in Jos, the Plateau State capital on February 26, disclosing that he was actually a member of the church.

The bomber had allegedly attacked COCIN that Sunday morning during service, where he was killed after killing a baby, a worshipper, his accomplice and injuring 38 other persons, including the state’s Commissioner for Information and Communication, Hiljah Abraham and former Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Ezekiel Gomos.
Addressing Defence correspondents in Abuja, the Director of Naval Information, Commodore Kabir Aliyu, on behalf of the Joint Security Information Managers Committee, said that the identification of the mastermind would now end the allegation that the man in military uniform, who was lynched by some angry church members for allowing the bomber into the premises of the church to explode the bomb, was a soldier.

“The DHQ wishes to clarify that contrary to the earlier reports that a soldier was lynched by aggrieved members of the church for allowing the bomber to gain access into the church premises, no soldier was anywhere close to the church before the explosion. Investigations revealed that on February 27, one Mr Julius came to the Special Task Force (STF) HQ to complain of his missing brother, one Mr Adams Joseph Ashaba. He claimed that the said person was at the COCIN Church Headquarters on Sunday, 26 February, 2012 to worship when the explosion rocked the area. He later confirmed that he was informed that his brother’s body was picked in a bush by men of Civil Defence corps and deposited at JUTH mortuary. He then went to JUTH where he identified the corpse as his brother, Mr Adams Joseph Ashaba and was directed by hospital staff to STF HQ for clearance.

“During interrogation, it was discovered that the alleged suicide bomber who was lynched by the worshippers and in military uniform was the same Adams Joseph Ashaba. With this development, Reverend John D Harung and two other clergymen from the COCIN Headquarters were invited to HQ STF to ascertain that he was a member of their church and not a soldier as alleged”, Commodore Aliyu stated.
He said that the Defence Headquarters viewed the hasty allegation leveled against the military in the unfortunate incident as a calculated attempt to frustrate the operations of the STF by the same elements who have been unduly calling for the withdrawal of STF from Plateau State.

Is this still a propaganda abi na proper pomo? Shameless bastards!
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by sholatech(m): 9:02am On Mar 08, 2012
Initially, the STF in Jos briefed the press that the man lynched WAS NOT THE BOMBER, but a member of the church lynched in error by the mob.

Days after, DHQ now says the man is THE BOMBER and a member of the church.

It would have been better for them to just keep quiet!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Breaks Silence On Bayelsa Crisis, Knocks Sy / Buy And Install Your Solar Panels/inverters/ Batteries Etc In Phc...view Pics! / N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.