Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

JONATHAN: PDP THE ONLY TRUE POLITICAL PARTY - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JONATHAN: PDP THE ONLY TRUE POLITICAL PARTY (787 Views)

Gbemi Saraki Is My Father’s ‘true’ Political Successor –laolu SARAKI - Old News / 'Maku Has Betrayed Jonathan, PDP' – David Mark / Sokoto Youths Sweep Jonathan, PDP Leaders Out-of-state - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JONATHAN: PDP THE ONLY TRUE POLITICAL PARTY by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 01, 2012
Jonathan: PDP Is The Only Political Party In Nigeria, Others Are One-man Shows

President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday said the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, was the only true political party in the country. He described the other parties as one-man-show platforms where the words of individuals are laws.

He added that it was only PDP that possessed the structure to use dialogue in settling disputes among members.

Speaking at the 59th National Executive Committee meeting of the PDP in Abuja, the President said:

“For now, the PDP is the only political party we have in Nigeria that does not have one person whose word is law. Most other parties have individuals whose words are the laws. In the PDP, there is no such person whose word is the law.”

He further stated that the composition of the party gave it an edge over all the other political parties in the country.

The PDP has dominated governance at the federal level since the return of democracy in 1999 and its members say it is the biggest party in Africa.

He said: “Though we disagree to agree, that gives us an edge. And that makes us stronger and we will continue to maintain that. We need to unite and there is need for unity among us. What holds us together is the unity and as a political party we must disagree, but whatever the level of disagreement, finally (at the end) we normally agree on a common front and that is what will continue to make the PDP a dominant party.

“We disagree to agree and when we disagree, it makes the party stronger. Our ability to agree and our ability to take a common position, our ability to allow people to make input is our strong point.”

He commended the present leadership of the party for piloting its affairs in the right direction.

The President also congratulated the PDP governors who won their cases at election petitions tribunals.

He said, “I’m happy for those who have won their cases at the Supreme Court or election petitions tribunals, like Akpabio and Suswan.

“We thank God for delivering them, especially the governors of Akwa Ibom and Benue states because we knew the plot against them. We thank God that we were able to withstand it (the plot).”

He also praised the members of the party for winning rerun polls at various levels in their states.

He specifically mentioned Imo and Oyo states where he said members of the PDP fought to win elections despite the fact that opposition parties were in government.

Also speaking at the meeting, Acting National Chairman of the party, Alhaji Kawo Baraji, said the death of former President Umaru Yar`Adua was among some of the challenges faced by the party in the last four years.

He added that internal democracy was also a major issue to the party that had been overcome.

He told members that the ongoing review of the party’s constitution was to ensure that it became more democratic.

Baraji listed the ongoing construction of the party’s national secretariat and the harmonious working relationship between the executive and the legislative arms of government as some of the leadership’s achievements.

http://africanspotlight.com/2012/02/jonathan-pdp-is-the-only-political-party-in-nigeria-others-are-one-man-shows/

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/17846/2012/03/01/no_godfather_pdp_%E2%80%93_jonathan.html

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/pdp-is-the-only-true-political-party-in-the-country-jonathan-2/
Re: JONATHAN: PDP THE ONLY TRUE POLITICAL PARTY by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 01, 2012
I think there's an element of truth to his assertion, unfortunately.
Re: JONATHAN: PDP THE ONLY TRUE POLITICAL PARTY by Demdem(m): 10:20am On Mar 01, 2012
rantings of a man under the influence of kai-kai.
Abegii, na results we want.
Re: JONATHAN: PDP THE ONLY TRUE POLITICAL PARTY by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 01, 2012
Demdem:

rantings of a man under the influence of kai-kai.
Abegii, na results we want.

Lol, Demdem na wa for you o, you no just like the guy at all.

But seriously, let's look at this objectively. Have the opposition parties been able to entrench true democratic practice in their internal affairs? When you mention the major opposition parties, one particular name comes to mind for each of them. That is obviously not the case for the PDP.

But again, some people will say it is because the party is united in rigging elections and looting the treasury. Whatever it is, I dont know.
Re: JONATHAN: PDP THE ONLY TRUE POLITICAL PARTY by Demdem(m): 10:35am On Mar 01, 2012
HNosegbe:

Lol, Demdem na wa for you o, you no just like the guy at all.

But seriously, let's look at this objectively. Have the opposition parties been able to entrench true democratic practice in their internal affairs? When you mention the major opposition parties, one particular name comes to mind for each of them. That is obviously not the case for the PDP.

But again, some people will say it is because the party is united in rigging elections and looting the treasury. Whatever it is, I dont know.

The truth is all parties have their issues. there isnt any perfect party out there. infact, Nigerians that voted him in the last election foolishly claimed it was him they voted for and not PDP. all we want is returns for such trust. Give us results that can be seen and felt and praise ursef or party later.
Re: JONATHAN: PDP THE ONLY TRUE POLITICAL PARTY by kunlekunle: 11:14am On Mar 01, 2012
u should be thanking OBJ that gave you the courage to get to Aso rock.
U no get mouth or balls
Re: JONATHAN: PDP THE ONLY TRUE POLITICAL PARTY by 1025: 11:35am On Mar 01, 2012
i can't believe that someone in his right senses is calling pdp a political party. looking at the activities in the group, one cannot help but call them a gang of armed robbers. give me one name in pdp and i will prove him a worthy/certified international criminals.
if i start with the man talking, he ruled bayelsa state with nothing to show for it apart from his own wife stealing the sum of $13m from the state.
his oga became a national/international disgrace when he decided to dress like an ijaw woman to beat the uk securities.
obasanjo, his spiritual father is a renowed criminal with a zero rating for morals. dead and buried in sexuality that sleeping with his son's wife was not a crime.
ibori, ohakim, odili, udenwa, bode george, andy/chris uba, bankole, tony annenih just to mention but a few are all graduates of the gang.
who is blind to the fact that stealing is a culture in pdp and they are blood thirsty because of their dark powers.
i am still regreting the fact that i am living in the same country with members of pdp.
Re: JONATHAN: PDP THE ONLY TRUE POLITICAL PARTY by Bawss1(m): 12:14pm On Mar 01, 2012
All of this is unneeded talk and when talk becomes excessive we hear things like this:

HNosegbe:

“We disagree to agree and when we disagree, it makes the party stronger. Our ability to agree and our ability to take a common position, our ability to allow people to make input is our strong point.”

Was he speaking in parables? Disagree to agree undecided

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigerian Politicians Funding Boko Haram'? / SE Needs Five Airports, Three Seaports, And An Underground Railway System / Tanzania President Sacks Ministers Amid Corruption Scandal, Jonathan Should Copy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.