Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,801 members, 7,956,054 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:40 PM

Northern And Southern Nigeria Protectorate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern And Southern Nigeria Protectorate (1164 Views)

Why Did The British Prevent Southerners From Visiting The Northern Protectorate? / “lord Lugard’s Amalgamation Of Northern And Southern Nigeria Expires In 3 Months / "Is The Amalgamation Of Northern And Southern Nigeria A Mistake" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Northern And Southern Nigeria Protectorate by Manny01: 8:57pm On Mar 01, 2012
Hello everyone,  this Muslim-on-Christian Violence has led me to think that it will be better if the country splits up into two halves (just like Pakistan and India),  What do you think?? Will this be good for Nigerians in general??

Please no stupid comments.

Thank you.
Re: Northern And Southern Nigeria Protectorate by odumchi: 9:03pm On Mar 01, 2012
Religious differences are only half of the problem. It's also a sociolo-political problem since the North seems to resent the South and vise versa. The best thing (in my opinion) would be three Nigerias. One Nigeria for the Hausas and northern minorities, one for the Yorubas and western minorities, and one for the Igbos and eastern minorities.
Re: Northern And Southern Nigeria Protectorate by Manny01: 9:53pm On Mar 01, 2012
@odumchi I understand what you mean, although I think dividing up the land 3 ways will be more difficult, plus having major commercial center's like Lagos , Port Harcourt, tourist hotspots and a lot of natural resources will help Southern Nigeria a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Fast Tracking Nigeria’s Electricity Needs For Industrialisation / Exclusive From 9jawikileaks: Video Of Thieves In Nigeria Being Burnt Alive / Another Gej Achievement:as Nnpc Re-opens Aba Depot After 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.