Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,788 members, 7,841,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Who Is The Best Person To Rule Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Best Person To Rule Nigeria? (1168 Views)

Najatu Muhammad Rejects Buhari’s Appointment, Becomes First Person To Do So / Why Sambo Dasuki Will Never Allow Buhari To Rule Nigeria / Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Person To Rule Nigeria? by tenor(m): 1:21am On Oct 25, 2007
Since we are not bound by possible candidates, who can rule his nation right? At least now there are no primaries, no party is trumping up any candidates yet. But suddenly its like we've got no worhty, uncorrupt person left. Just a name'll do. Keep it coming.
Re: Who Is The Best Person To Rule Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 4:44am On Oct 25, 2007
I nominate myself. I will be the best person to rule the country. If you need to see my credentials, ask me for my resume. grin
Re: Who Is The Best Person To Rule Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 25, 2007
meeeeeeeee!yes me, but hi dont want to
Re: Who Is The Best Person To Rule Nigeria? by touche(m): 11:53am On Oct 25, 2007
Prof Pat Utomi
Re: Who Is The Best Person To Rule Nigeria? by babasin(m): 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2007
anyone ready to be hanged if found to have enrich himself/family with extra N1
Re: Who Is The Best Person To Rule Nigeria? by Teriba(m): 4:43am On Oct 26, 2007
That has to be Gen. Buhari with Ubitu Ukiwe as his vice.
Re: Who Is The Best Person To Rule Nigeria? by zazoo(f): 11:02am On Oct 26, 2007
ODEIN AJUMOGOBIA, minister of petroleum resources.

When that man stood at the senate interview for ministerial appointment, I thanked the good lord that we still have people like this in Naija!

ODEIN FOR PRESIDENT 2011
Re: Who Is The Best Person To Rule Nigeria? by Etin(f): 9:43pm On Oct 26, 2007
'The beautiful ones are not yet born' in Nigeria politics this seems true.
Re: Who Is The Best Person To Rule Nigeria? by naijaking1: 9:45pm On Oct 26, 2007
Teriba:

That has to be Gen. Buhari with Ubitu Ukiwe as his vice.

How about Ukiwe for president, and Buhari for vice.
Re: Who Is The Best Person To Rule Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 9:58pm On Oct 26, 2007
Sorry, Nigeria is not a "ruleable" place-----it is a zoo and is in dire need of "zookeepers"!

Animals in human skin!
Re: Who Is The Best Person To Rule Nigeria? by Teriba(m): 1:44am On Oct 27, 2007
[/quote][quote author=naijaking1 link=topic=88434.msg1622333#msg1622333 date=1193431506]
How about Ukiwe for president, and Buhari for vice.

I think the unwritten rule that has ensured the rotation of power b/w North and South is something worthy of hanging on to. So, after Obasanjo, the best person from the North is Buhari or Balarabe Musa. People always talk of Idiagbon that was this and that, they have forgotten that the only reason why a no2 can do well in any dispensation is if the no1 allows him to- a good no2 can never do well under a bad no1. Both Buhari and Idiagbon were principled leaders who really meant well for the country during their time. And I`ve always believed that Idiagbon and Ukiwe have alot in common. Next time that power shifts to the South, Ukiwe would then be in the best position to take over from Buhari. Another thing in the way of your suggestion is the fact that Buhari was Ukiwe`s senior in the military, Buhari is not one of those anything-goes kind of leader that would accept to serve under his junior; he wouldn`t just do it!
Re: Who Is The Best Person To Rule Nigeria? by folahann(m): 12:37am On Oct 28, 2007
Donald Duke
Re: Who Is The Best Person To Rule Nigeria? by ricflare(m): 4:02pm On Oct 28, 2007
@Folahann
How u take know? truely Donald is the best person to rule or u can choose me the bester grin U like my grammer? Kudos 2 all Nda GUysis
Re: Who Is The Best Person To Rule Nigeria? by vigasimple(m): 4:48pm On Oct 28, 2007
A dozen DONALD DUKE because the anti-good has entrenched themselves so well up to their children, grandchildren, great grand children and all the extended families that 6 'Donald Duke' is not enough to take their platform and foundation apart. Those platform need to be dismantled otherwise we are no going anywhere.

In all honesty I think the way our system is set up now, even if the POPE becomes the President of Nigeria, he wouldn't be allow to run the country properly both by the established political class and long throat political followers. (The Amala politicians etc)

Something came to my mind that if YAR ADUA was able to find way to build a good Energy system and good transport network, that may be the begining of a gradual power shifts in the right directions.

It will be like the privatisation of majority of government companies. Govt has no business in business, all they are required to provide is the infrastructures and enabling enviroment and they should promote our image abroad  and defend our boarders.

I for one without being tribalistic or racist think that the North ought to let the south do the ruling for sometime. Unfortunately the South East(all of Nigerians feels they still habours this seccession and extension of their terreritoy -as in the case of Rivers (The Ikhweres) who are the dominating people in Rivers), so for the immediate period I think the South South as in Ijaws of Cross Rivers may do nicely, all the other Ijaws are very questinable- the deltans and the Bayelsan, their track records give one food for thought- maybe Goodluk (luckyman) Jonathan. He appears to be cool headed and don't get carried away with all the stolen monies like the rest of the governors.

A  DOZEN DONALD DUKE AND MAYBE GOODLUCK JONATHAN would do nicely to lead Nigeria

May God continue to bless me and our country Nigeria.
Re: Who Is The Best Person To Rule Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On Oct 28, 2007
Until Nigerians begin to rule their own country, no one person will ever make that country a better country. It is a democracy, Government by the people for the people to the people. People need to start learning to take responsibility of the building of that country. Till then, who ever comes will only be as weak as the people are.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Varsities Losing Milions To Ghana Varsities! / Is Dangote Still Qualified As The Nse President? / Another High Profile Kidnapping In Kaduna State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.