Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody (4933 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Mrs Osinbajo Over Death Of Her Grandmother HID Awolowo.photo / Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody / Protesters Stone Jonathan’s Convoy In Yola Over Failure To Crush Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody by Ptimes: 3:41pm On Mar 02, 2012
A serious controversy is raging in Yola over the death of a 20-year-old student of Government Day Secondary School, Damare, Ismail Mohammed, who allegedly died while in police custody.

His family members believe he was murdered by the police, and are asking for justice.

Mr. Mohammed's death yesterday sparked riot in Yola as angry youth marched through the streets with his corpse, making a stop at the palace of the Lamido of Adamawa to register their complaints. Read more at: http://premiumtimesng.com/metro/4040-tension_in_yola_over_death_of_student_in_police_custody.html
Re: Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody by doctokwus: 3:53pm On Mar 02, 2012
How can matching thru d streets b equivalent to riot.Youths staged a protest,let's not unnecessarily create tension in d land
Re: Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody by obowunmi(m): 4:13pm On Mar 02, 2012
doctokwus:

How can matching thru d streets b equivalent to riot.Youths staged a protest,let's not unnecessarily create tension in d land

This is Nigerian journalists we are talking about. ,
Re: Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody by GboyegaD(m): 4:41pm On Mar 02, 2012
May his soul rest in peace. This is the 2nd time in this year I am hearing of someone dying in police custody overnight. It is either there are some substance in the cells that kills when people inhale much of it or some policemen are overexcited when an arrest is made.
Re: Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody by meetgaya: 4:42pm On Mar 02, 2012
riot is not a solution
Re: Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody by doctokwus: 4:54pm On Mar 02, 2012
obowunmi:

This is Nigerian journalists we are talking about. ,
Thanks,4got
doctokwus:

Re: Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody by kemiola89(f): 5:14pm On Mar 02, 2012
police today, police tommorrow, wen will dis evil pple stop dis deir devilish act, may God save us frm the hands of dis evils called police
Re: Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody by strangest(m): 6:54pm On Mar 02, 2012
One good thing about boko haram is the cleansing of dem police men, They never learn
Re: Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 02, 2012
I hope those youths will keep it to the police and not resort to burning churches and killing xtians!
Re: Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody by LEXYLOV: 7:17pm On Mar 02, 2012
90% of nigeria police are heartless like devil itself undecided
Re: Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody by otokx(m): 7:26pm On Mar 02, 2012
cogitoErgo:

I hope those youths will keep it to the police and not resort to burning churches and killing xtians!

seconded
Re: Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody by muyoto: 9:53pm On Mar 02, 2012
whats a 20 years old doing in police costody sef?
Re: Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 02, 2012
@doctokwot, na clap dey start first b4 dance.
that was exactly what precedes demonstration and riots in Nigeria. People will embark on a peaceful  protest and hoodlums will later hijack it to foments trouble  and cause the loss of lives.
I pray it doesn't degenerate to that. we have seen so much death this quarter of the year. killing will not bring the guy back to life. let all follow the matter up legally and see that justice is done in a legal way.
Re: Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 03, 2012
Oh my country.
Re: Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody by ekpriobong(m): 8:46am On Mar 03, 2012
You guys are just blaming the police but never pause to ask what took a secondary school student to their custody as boldly captured by the poster.
Re: Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody by mkmyers45(m): 1:05pm On Mar 03, 2012
ekpriobong:

You guys are just blaming the police but never pause to ask what took a secondary school student to their custody as boldly captured by the poster.

Do you really have to do anything to be arrested?
Re: Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody by ekpriobong(m): 1:22pm On Mar 03, 2012
@mkmyers45
You cannot just be arrested like that. I know there are cases where the police can arrest anybody they see due to what might have happened in such a place. But at every point in life, you have to use your head and scent what is happening around then hid yourself. Only stupid people walks into danger. I can't just be arrested. This is Nigeria. Everybody must be on red alert 24/7.
Re: Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody by mkmyers45(m): 1:30pm On Mar 03, 2012
ekpriobong:

@mkmyers45
You cannot just be arrested like that. I know there are cases where the police can arrest anybody they see due to what might have happened in such a place. But at every point in life, you have to use your head and scent what is happening around then hid yourself. Only silly people walks into danger. I can't just be arrested. This is Nigeria. Everybody must be on red alert 24/7.

Just keep praying to avoid falling into what you dont know. Btw why should he be killed/tortured? Is it right? Is there any crime that deserves death without justice?
Re: Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody by ekpriobong(m): 1:57pm On Mar 03, 2012
Brother, you don't understand my point. I am not saying the way the Police treated him was fair. What am saying is that as a child of God and a Christian, you can't just walk into a trap or being a scape goat. Jesus Christ himself was so conscious about this. He never walked into any trap but knew when His arrest and death was to come. I don't need to pray about this because I walk in wisdom. I can scent evil and then withdraws myself quietly without being hurt in anyway. Am not just any human. Your head/spirit must always play.
Re: Tension In Yola Over Death Of Student In Police Custody by opeyemi50505050: 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2012
Hmmmmnnnn?

(1) (Reply)

Three People Murdered In Ebubu, Eleme, River State Today / Shekau Posts sexy Pic / Evidence That Saraki Thinks He's Already A Freeman & Will Win This Case(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.