Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:18 AM

Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes - Properties (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes (158198 Views)

Affordable Homes At Porsche Terraces And Apartments, For Sale in Abuja / Fgn 10,000 Affordable Homes Scheme / The Roll Out Of 10,000 Affordable Homes Scheme Live On NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by gtrust: 6:54pm On Apr 13, 2012
I'm also interested in buying your shares!
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:58pm On Apr 13, 2012
blink182: grin Nna, o fu. ck meeeeen grin Nna, o fu. ck meeeeen I didn't say it to hear you will try to do it, I was hoping to hear "oh, I actually did that like 2 years ago, thanks anyway."

Hurry up and do it, you will be amazed the kind of people that visit here as guests. If the contract comes tomorrow, then you will start chewing stick. please treat it as urgent.

Dont worry, I will do that soon.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:10pm On Apr 13, 2012
At the Owerri duplex project, we have finished the casting of the floor slab. The whole German floor has been done and we may start forming the blocks on top of the slab anytime soon, the boys are in high spirits, materials are on ground, weather is still okay and I dont see anything stopping us from going ahead with this project.

More pictures by tomorrow.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:33pm On Apr 14, 2012
More pictures of the duplex in Owerri coming up later tonight, work in progress.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:47pm On Apr 14, 2012
We started forming blocks to stand the walls of this pretty house in Owerri. This is how the site looks right now. Remember this is just the 12th day of work. We are looking at commencing the lintel carpentry works by Monday next week.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:49pm On Apr 14, 2012
From the front of the house.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:53pm On Apr 14, 2012
A close shot of the block works, though old and of irregular sized blocks but the good brick laying tricks of my men, we are pushing on.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:02pm On Apr 14, 2012
more works, all hands should be busy if we are to achieve our target.

The owner of this house had requested for me to raise the height of the rooms to aid ventilation, we are going to do this by raising the blocks on top of the lintel, form scaffolding by next week and raise the head room of the house by 475mm above all the other duplex I have built here. It will be interesting.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:13pm On Apr 14, 2012
We are planning ahead, blocks are being molded to start the upper floor walling of this very house by the time we complete the decking of this house. Some block making tricks....

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:19pm On Apr 14, 2012
Every community have some unique materials that help them maximize their utility of some natural resources, in this community, the block makers found out that by combining two types of sands from different places, their blocks could be stronger than the normal blocks, I also found out that one of the sands have limestone like qualities.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:22pm On Apr 14, 2012
But this is the normal type of sand I am using in the construction of this house. This sand is from the river and very clear.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:25pm On Apr 14, 2012
The blocks already produced.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by orisebawo(m): 1:14pm On Apr 15, 2012
Hi Spyder,. welldone and God bless you, how i wish i have known about this tread when i started my project.

Will a twin 5 room duplex sit comfortable on a 712sqm land, about 30m by 23m with enough space for parking.

I have a problem on a project of mine, when the door frames were fitted, they found out the door was longer than the std 7ft, so they added more wood at the bottom to make up the difference, roll fwd 2 years time when its time to fix the doors,I now realised the door sizes are uneven,and some of the frames are twisted and the doors cant be fitted.

What will be your advise.

Thanks for your support.

Whenever you are in Lagos, please let us know, Ajah lekki calls you oh....lol
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:07pm On Apr 15, 2012
cheesy
orisebawo: Hi Spyder,. welldone and God bless you, how i wish i have known about this tread when i started my project.

Will a twin 5 room duplex sit comfortable on a 712sqm land, about 30m by 23m with enough space for parking.

I have a problem on a project of mine, when the door frames were fitted, they found out the door was longer than the std 7ft, so they added more wood at the bottom to make up the difference, roll fwd 2 years time when its time to fix the doors,I now realised the door sizes are uneven,and some of the frames are twisted and the doors cant be fitted.

What will be your advise.

Thanks for your support.

Whenever you are in Lagos, please let us know, Ajah lekki calls you oh....lol

I hail una for Lekki o! una dey chop enough money there.
What happened to the doors is as a result of weather changes on some low quality wood products, there are some woods types that will not bend even when dipped into the water every month. But a good carpenter will be able to do something about it as I have not seen these doors to ascertain the real conditions.

Most times its better to call in a carpenter to physically measure a door space, then pay him to go and make door frames to fit nicely in the door space after plastering. This will mean that no matter how mis shaped a door space is during construction, a door frame and door could be tailor made to fit it. Thats what I always do.

I think a twin duplex with small floor spaces will fit into a 712sqm land, especially if the land have a regular square or rectangular shape.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:52pm On Apr 15, 2012
We shall resume work tomorrow after resting on Sunday. Meanwhile, these are the pictures of the inside of this house.

The living room/dining.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2012
more block work

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:56pm On Apr 15, 2012
more

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:00pm On Apr 15, 2012
For those that used green roofing sheets for their house, how do you like this green based painting?
It has at least 3 shades of green on it, green tinted window glass plus white trims and some careful works, enjoy grin grin grin

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:05pm On Apr 15, 2012
........and finally, have you ever been through a lion's mouth? just visit this house and you might walk into some serious bites grin grin

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 5:42am On Apr 16, 2012
I went shopping for some more materials for finishing my house, more types of tiles for the bathrooms and rooms, more plumbing and toiletries for the house and more works in the toilet pit. More pictures later this evening.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by NL1960: 6:12am On Apr 16, 2012
spyder880: For those that used green roofing sheets for their house, how do you like this green based painting?
It has at least 3 shades of green on it, green tinted window glass plus white trims and some careful works, enjoy grin grin grin

Iam one of those that used bush green roofing sheets and i have already decided to use light green or leaf green for the painting. I saw such a colour and i took a picture of it and took it home last december to show the painter that will eventually paint the house. He was surprised that iam going for it and said i should choose another colour but i refused. I told him that it has to be the light green or leaf green iam showing him and not another green. As for the windows, it will be creame coloured casement aluminum windows with reflective (tinted) green and also creamed colour for the POP or window hood.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 5:28pm On Apr 16, 2012
NL1960:

Iam one of those that used bush green roofing sheets and i have already decided to use light green or leaf green for the painting. I saw such a colour and i took a picture of it and took it home last december to show the painter that will eventually paint the house. He was surprised that iam going for it and said i should choose another colour but i refused. I told him that it has to be the light green or leaf green iam showing him and not another green. As for the windows, it will be creame coloured casement aluminum windows with reflective (tinted) green and also creamed colour for the POP or window hood.

Cool, I will surely use some shades of green in my painting.

We go door and key shopping later this evening,

workers still doing more works in my duplex project

Owerri duplex gets to lintel level as we are already done with the lintel rods, wood work may commence by tomorrow

Roofing of the 4 bedroom bungalow in Enugu is nearing completion, I am in talks with aluminium companies to get real measure and quote for the roofing sheets.

Had mmetings with 2 potential clients today on the commencement of their projects, more gist later.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:40pm On Apr 16, 2012
spyder880: I want to sell one of my lands. I own a large plot of vacant land and will like to sell it to expand to other areas, the land's statistics are as follows.

Size: 1031.566 sqm
position: Corner piece
Title: Building certificate of occupancy (C of O), registered deed of lease from the original family, consent from the family and many more documents. This property is safe as safe can be.

Other attractions: I dug a well in this property and it still has enough supply of good water, I fenced this land but didnt put a gate in front. (I will take the pictures when next I go there.

Drawbacks: There is a big gutter on the road in front of the land (the govt will fill it when they do the road in front), but on my own I can drop some colvert rings and drive over it if I want to.

This property is in a well developed area, sitting in the midst of some good houses. This land can comfortably take 20 units of 3 bedroom flats in 2 blocks of 10 flats on each building with space for packing cars.

Price of the land: N12 million naira or the nearest offer.

Call me on 080 333 50 750 if you are interested or
mail me on ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk

Pictures of my land for sale.

You can see the old fence I put up around the land in the year 2001

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:46pm On Apr 16, 2012
This is how close the land is to the rest of Achara layout Enugu. I am standing at the center of the plot when I took this shot, and more people started their buildings around mine.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:50pm On Apr 16, 2012
I passed this building on my way to my land for sale and thought someone reading my posts might like to copy the painting and other finishing styles from this house.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:52pm On Apr 16, 2012
What about the window hoods here, just giving you guys some ideas.....

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:58pm On Apr 16, 2012
Back in my own duplex project, we are doing this. Doing the septic tank block work with 6'' solid blocks, this tank was chained with a beam and there are pillars around it, we are going to cast a slab on it later on.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:03pm On Apr 16, 2012
This is the soak away section of the septic tank. You can see how we created vent spaces for liquid waste to seep into the ground from between the blocks. While the septic tank will be well plastered, the soak away pit will be left rough to absorb more liquid waste.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:07pm On Apr 16, 2012
These are some of the tiles I bought for use in my bathrooms, they might be too simple and cheap to you rich fellas, but na so my money reach cheesy grin

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:11pm On Apr 16, 2012
and these blue ones, I chose these skirting tiles in the middle of the two tiles to give the tile a different finish. There are hundreds of colours to chose from and more skirting tiles on the way.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:16pm On Apr 16, 2012
To my doors, have you ever seen these types before grin These are the masonia wood craft, I will rush and register the trademark so you guys have to pay me some money to copy this doors, cheesy grin

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by chidexy(m): 10:16pm On Apr 16, 2012
Oga Spyder880, is that lion gated building along Umuahia road from Owerri/Mba5 axis? Great work you are doing. Carry go!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (36) (Reply)

Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures / Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. / New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.