Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. (157586 Views)

Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja / How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 4:31pm On Jul 18, 2011
Goodday NLanders! Please can anyone be of assistance in guiding me on what the cost of building a 5 bedroom bungalow in a place like Benin city will look like on a 100x100 piece of land. The layout of the house will look thus;

5 bedrooms (all en suite)
Family lounge and ante room
Visitors toilet

All comments, suggestions and assistance of any form are welcomed.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by jerryben12: 4:53am On Jul 19, 2011
Budget the following:

Foundation (Digging, blinding, 4 coaches of block (1200 blocks), filling, german floor and labor): 800k to 1m
Block setting to lintel level (2100 blocks, cement, sand, labor) : 500k
Iron for pilars and lintel : 150k
Blocks setting after lintel : 130k
Roofing: 1m (depending on what you want)
Aluminium windows: 400k
Doors: 250k
Plastering: 300k
Floor (Tiles?): N700k
Electricals: 300k
Plumbing (Sink, ceramic toilet, shower etc and labor): 400K - 500k
Painting: N250K
Others: 500k

Total: 6M.

Hope this helps?

Disclaimer: These are rough estimates. Total may be around + or - 15%.

6 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:38am On Jul 19, 2011
Thanks Jerry12 for this and it surely can serve as a guide.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by segcymoor(m): 9:27am On Jul 19, 2011
Pls do send ur brief to, segetony@gmail.com----i will send u functinal designs and quatation
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 5:25pm On Aug 23, 2011
Drawing inspiration from the likes of Am Alone, Spyder 880 and Brabus, i've decided to share with you all the construction of my 5 bedroom bungalow in Benin City from the scratch. I want to share with you all the land after clearing. There was actually a large bamboo tree in the middle of the land.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 5:38pm On Aug 23, 2011
The land after it was cleared

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 5:57pm On Aug 23, 2011
In my next post, i will try to share with you all my expenses so far and possibly post pics of the pegging, digging and foundation if possible. I'm just getting excited over this and willing to share with all and by extension gain more insight and knowledge as i move on with this development. Am Alone, Brabus and Spyder 880 please i need your advice and help with this project oh
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by jerryben12: 8:44am On Aug 24, 2011
Nice move, Where in Benin are you building?
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 10:04am On Aug 24, 2011
@jerryben12. Thanks bro. The land is situated in the GRA extension called Ugbor Village.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 10:12am On Aug 24, 2011
Below are my expenses so far ;

Preliminaries
S/N Expenses Amount
1 Cost of Land 600,000

2 Agency Fee 60,000

3 Legal Fee 15,000

4 Survey Fees 60,000

5 Drawing/Architect Fee 25,000

6 Drawings approval fee 75,000

7 Clearing of Land 47,500

8 Community Development Levy 140,000

9 Crops Levy 10,000

10 Digging of Well 8,000

Total 1,040,500

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 10:08am On Aug 25, 2011
More section of the land

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by beninman1(m): 3:15pm On Aug 25, 2011
Welldone. You are doing very well
May i ask what part of Ugbor is your land. Or did u buy it long time ago cos am told land prices in Ugbor area is very highly priced at the moment
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 3:42pm On Aug 25, 2011
@ Benin-Man Actually the land is in Amagba which happens to be an extension of Ugbor. The area is opening up by the day as most most in Benin now have found it as the new haven for property development. presently you can get a 200 x 100 ft for 1.2m or the 100x 100 ft like mine for between 600 to 800k depending on the location of the land. My brother i'd advice to invest in that area if you so desire as that is where people are drifting to now.

Moreover, the issue of doubling selling is not prevalent as the community still has a lot of land to sell and so far the guys are genuine. [/i][/b][/pre]
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by beninman1(m): 6:51pm On Aug 25, 2011
Thanks a lot. Will look into this.
But how far off from Ugbor is Amagba. For example, let us use BIU (Benson Idahosa University) as a reference point.
I dont know Ugbor too well, but the easiest landmark that comes to mind is BIU
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by beninman1(m): 6:55pm On Aug 25, 2011
Searched for Amagba in google and found this news article. Hope this isn't or would be a major issue for prospective buyer.
Article is from Nigerian Tribune

Oba of Benin warns Ugbor, Amagba communities over boundary dispute
| Print | E-mail
Written by Uchechukwu Olisah, Benin City
Monday, 01 August 2011

The Oba of Benin, Omo N’Oba Erediauwa has warned elders and leaders of Ugbor and Amagba communities in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State, to abide by the decision of the palace inrespect to the protracted boundary dispute between the two communities to avoid unnecessary tension in the area.

The two communities had been involved in violent communal crisis for the past two years because of boundary dispute.

Youths of the two communities had on several occasions engaged one another in violent clashes, a development which was said to have made some of them to end up in hospitals for medical treatment.

The Benin monarch, who emphasised the need for the communities to accept the final decision of the palace on the issue, recalled that Ugbor community offered him a piece of land in the past but it was later discovered that the youths of the area had encroached on the land to the chagrin of the palace and the Odionwere (community leader).

Omo N’Oba Erediauwa’s warning was contained in a statement signed by the Public Relations Officer of the palace, Mr. Robinson Osayamwen, which further said the Odionwere later gave him another land but that the land was located in a remote area.

“The area where the community shrine (Okhuahe and Nometene) is located that was tagged as buffer zone as suggested by Chief Esogban when he first investigated the dispute for the Omo N’Oba should remain as such.

“That the River Ire that was mentioned by Ugbor people should be the boundary between Ugbor and Amagba communities‘‘, the monarch added.

Share on facebook
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by DeLaRue: 9:46pm On Aug 25, 2011
Guys,  does anyone know of a reputable estate valuers in Benin. Ideally one with a national network of offices, or a local firm with first rate reputation. No one-man business please.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by dady2011(m): 2:15am On Aug 26, 2011
Amagba is approximately 5.6km from Benson Idahosa University (BIU) on a straight line from Google Earth. How developed is Amagba?
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by spyder880(m): 5:51am On Aug 26, 2011
vitodorado:

Below are my expenses so far ;

Preliminaries
S/N Expenses Amount
1 Cost of Land 600,000

2 Agency Fee 60,000

3 Legal Fee 15,000

4 Survey Fees 60,000

5 Drawing/Architect Fee 25,000

6 Drawings approval fee 75,000

7 Clearing of Land 47,500

8 Community Development Levy 140,000

9 Crops Levy 10,000

10 Digging of Well 8,000

Total 1,040,500

The water level in this area must be near the surface, nice cost. I am watching and enjoying, keep up the good work.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 9:25am On Aug 26, 2011
@benin-Man. i can tell you with all sense of responsibility that the article you saw is either an outdated one or sponspored. To start with am not a member of that community neither am i from Edo state, but i'm aware that the Oba of Benin has adjudicated on this issue and awarded it to the Amagba community. So have no fear my bro all the land in Amagba are safe for purchase and development at the moment.

@Spyder880 As for the well dug, i've actually condemned it as i discovered that the water level in benin is not like Lagos or warri where you dont need to dig further to srike water, infact when i discovered that the fellow beside me dug one we just agreed that we'd be sharing the the purchase of a tanker of water which goes for 6,500. At 10ft , no water yet, i just had to forget the idea.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by beninman1(m): 12:59pm On Aug 26, 2011
Thanks a lot, vitodorado.
Will definitely follow up. Keep us posted on your progress as it would no doubt inspire us and we can learn/share thots 2geda
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2011
Will love to share the Elevation Plan and floor plan with all. Please pardon the quality of the pictures as i had to use my handset to snap intead of scanning.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 2:50pm On Aug 28, 2011
The Elevation plan

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2011
The floor plan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by jerryben12: 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2011
Nice, Almost look like Sir David Osunde's house in Ugbor,
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2011
Really! I had a bit of reservations about the size but when a Qty Surveyor did the BOQ he estimated about 8.5million for the entire project. Well by his grace i would finish this before the end of next year. Hope to keep to posted as it unfolds, just that it has been raining in Benin in the last 3 days and we could not dig as planned, but still studying the weather and prays tomorrow is better.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 10:39am On Sep 05, 2011
Progress of work so far. The rains in Benin in the last one week has not been helpful.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 10:41am On Sep 05, 2011
Some more

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Ogbefi007: 9:44am On Sep 07, 2011
@vitodorado, I am itching to get the update ( Pictures) i understand it has stopped raining in Benin, i was told it just little drizzling, this can not stop your work will it?
Thanks for inviting me to this thread cos i am just about same stage as yours, this least i have done is just perimeter fencing of the land 100/100, and i bought 400 blocks, so the fence is not high.
I am yet to survey the land. I understand that this vary from location to location. Mine is at Eyen side
do you have idea of the price arrange for this area for 100/100 land!
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Ogbefi007: 9:46am On Sep 07, 2011
@Vitodorado, it seems you bought your blocks,instead of molding at site, which is better?
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 10:04am On Sep 07, 2011
@ oguefi_007. Nice to have you here and i do hope we will be both useful to each other since we happen to be developing in the same city. For the cost of survey for a 100x100 land, it will cost you 50k and i can give you the phone number of the man that did mine. He is an experienced surveyor and honest, because you have to be wary of the kind of people who survey for you in Benin as some of them do not lodge it with the Ministry of Lands and survey and you know the challenge that can pose when trying to get a C of O. As for the blocks, truthfully i bought 2000 blocks initially for the foundation works but already making arrangements to start moulding. I couldnt get a good moulder initially and now i've gotten one who has the iron moulder and saw some of his works. Its better to mould as my calculations revealed that i would have save about 90k if i moulde the 2000 blocks on site.

Furthermore, the job is progressing and we are in the process of casting the iron rods for all the pillars round(26 pillars in all). Hopefully, this should be concluded by weekend and will post the pictures when this is done.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Ogbefi007: 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2011
@vitodorado, Splendid u have done noble,thanks to send across the number of your survey man. I lack words to show my appreciation. i look forward to moulding blocks too with strict supervision so that i wont be out smarted by somebody that didnt know how i sweat to many kobo turn naira. By the grace of God things will work in our favour.
Thanks once again for having me, i will use your advice and that of other experienced guys to moderate myself.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 1:41pm On Sep 07, 2011
@ Ogbuefi The surveyors name is George and number is 08024191922.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing / New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) / Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.