Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! (10209 Views)

Driver Shot Dead In Katsina By Customs Officer For Smuggling Contraband Spagheti / Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine / Man Jailed 5 Years For Setting Pregnant Woman Ablaze; Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by BlackPikiN(m): 3:06am On Mar 05, 2012
2 March 2012 Last updated at 16:56 ET Help
A man has been sentenced to 30 years in jail for smuggling drugs with a street value of millions of pounds into London.

Adegboyega Adeniji, 48, of Sandmere Close, Hemel Hempstead, was caught at Heathrow Airport in April 2011.

He had two suitcases crammed with cocaine and heroin, the UK Border Agency said.

4million pounds worth of cocaine. Watch the Video.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17241965
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by BlackPikiN(m): 3:07am On Mar 05, 2012
I am very sure He's a nairaland member! Him no himself.
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by BlackPikiN(m): 3:08am On Mar 05, 2012
Adegboyega Adeniji, a Nigerian citizen, will spend the next 30 years in prison for attempting to smuggle hard drugs worth about N1 billion into the United Kingdom.

Adeniji sentence is coming 11 months after an investigation was launched by the UK Border Agency.

According to officers at the Heathrow Airport, the 48-year-old Nigerian was stopped and searched when he arrived in the UK on a flight from Amsterdam on 4 April 2011. Searches of his two suitcases revealed they contained 31 kilos of cocaine, 5 kilos of heroin and 2 kilos of methamphetamine all estimated to have a street value of over N1 billion [£4million].

A search of Adeniji’s flat in Regent’s Plaza, Kilburn, revealed 23 suitcases, many of which tested positive for traces of drugs. Evidences suggesting that he had done the same journey to Amsterdam on many previous occasions under the guise of a businessman, who supplied heavy machinery to the oil business in Nigeria, were also found.

Jim Jarvie, Deputy Director of the UK Border Agency’s Criminal and Financial Investigation, said the true amount of drugs smuggled by the Nigerian will never be known.

“Adeniji was clearly a significant figure at the centre of an extensive criminal network," he said. "He was involved in the importation and distribution of class A drugs on a grand scale. Although the true amount of drugs he smuggled into the UK will never be known, it is probably safe to assume he has been responsible for the importation of tens – if not hundreds - of millions of pounds worth.”

Since his arrest, assets of between £500,000 and £1 million have been frozen by UK Border Agency investigators. They will now be the subject of Proceeds of Crime Act confiscation proceedings.

Adeniji admitted importation charges, but denied conspiring to import class A drugs.

A jury at Isleworth Crown Court unanimously found him guilt, sentencing him to 30 years imprisonment.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/nigerian-jailed-30-years-uk
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by Uche2005: 3:32am On Mar 05, 2012
he will go to church and give testimony. and pastor will now make assist pastor.
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by musiwa43: 3:51am On Mar 05, 2012
that is the problem with nigeria. they celebrate money. it makes people greed. when all pastor talk about is money. it makes the people steal. why on earth will anyone want to sell drug for God sake. Cant they sell shoe or food or something.
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by BlackPikiN(m): 3:58am On Mar 05, 2012
Uche2005:

he will go to church and give testimony. and pastor will now make assist pastor.

Musiwa, is that what is happening in Canada?
Do you know any of your pastors that is/was a drug pusher?
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by ak47mann(m): 4:22am On Mar 05, 2012
nawaooo shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by GWslim(f): 1:17pm On Mar 05, 2012
People who are in haste of making money without work need to learn this as a lesson.
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 05, 2012
Hmmmm, Yoruba guy at it again. Lucky you it wasn't in Singapore, you would have known how far. Idoitt.
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 05, 2012
^^ Must everything be tribalism?
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by Ournaija: 1:26pm On Mar 05, 2012
^^^^^

Tribal warriors have started arriving.  cool
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 05, 2012
Lmao, wey dose yorubas wey dey curse igbos, foolish Nigerians, dayokanu the tribal fool where u dey? come support 'ure' pple, nosense,
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2012
Xpect dayokanu and blutooth to cum hia turnin dis to igbo curses.
Well,as 4me,he z a nigerian nomata d tribe, u guys hv to stat knowin dat nigerian image z biyn damaged not a particular tribes image, simples
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by Siga: 1:38pm On Mar 05, 2012
musKeeto:

Lmao, wey dose yorubas wey dey curse igbos, foolish Nigerians, dayokanu the tribal fool where u dey? come support 'ure' pple, nosense,

Ok bros, when u begin dey talk like this, how u take different from those u are talking about, we are all Nigerians, we should be happy that b4st4rds like this id10t was caught, infact na life dem suppose give am,
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by blackboi(m): 1:40pm On Mar 05, 2012
yorke:

Hmmmm, Yoruba guy at it again. Lucky you it wasn't in Singapore, you would have known how far. Idoitt.

u're what u post; the post is stupi:d & i:diotic (no offence)
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 05, 2012
Siga:

Ok bros, when u begin dey talk like this, how u take different from those u are talking about, we are all Nigerians, we should be happy that b4st4rds like this id10t was caught, infact na life dem suppose give am,
Na foolish Nigerians all NL tribalists be, hate and love each other at the same time, weda na igbo man thief or yoruba man, e go affect the green passport, all this laying blame no dey take us anywhere,
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by uchlukez(f): 2:00pm On Mar 05, 2012
This is just a tip of what Yoruba guys are doing in uk. 75pct of them push drugs in uk alone. I know a lot if them
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by ichidodo: 2:31pm On Mar 05, 2012
Yoruba modafuka. So dumb dats wat dey al r.wia r al dose tribal fools dat always get high on igbo threads. I am waitin 4 u. Dirty Modafukas
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by ismhab(m): 2:34pm On Mar 05, 2012
These Ibos are drug pushers let us not forget the way they use to smuggle weapons of mass destruction.
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 05, 2012
lalaosky:

Xpect dayokanu and blutooth to precipitate hia turnin dis to igbo curses.
Well,as 4me,he z a nigerian nomata d tribe, u guys hv to stat knowin dat nigerian image z biyn damaged not a particular tribes image, simples
musKeeto:

Lmao,  wey dose yorubas wey dey curse igbos,  foolish Nigerians,  dayokanu the tribal fool where u dey? come support 'ure' pple,  nosense,

Look at these sicktards running their mouth as if their folks are not worse off than yorubas.from kidnapping,armed robbery,child industry,prostitutiion,419,human trafficking,ghadaffi warriors, tell me where ibos do  not feature ? Deluded apes !
uchlukez:

This is just a tip of what Yoruba guys are doing in uk. 75pct of them push drugs in uk alone. I know a lot if them
So where is your hero osiskanku the greatest kidnapper in iboland today ? Twerp
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by ak47mann(m): 2:38pm On Mar 05, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Look at these sicktards running their mouth as if their folks are not worse off than yorubas.from kidnapping,armed robbery,child industry,prostitutiion,419,human trafficking,ghadaffi warriors, tell me where ibos do  not feature ? Deluded apes !So where is your hero osiskanku the greatest kidnapper in iboland today ? Twerp
will you shut up, the problem with yaribas is that they are not even good in the game everything na forcing guy cool
that's why they always get arrested sad
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by tunnytox(m): 2:46pm On Mar 05, 2012
uchlukez:

Lies! There are lots and lots of hardworking Nigerians in UK, be it Yoruba, Igbo, Edo etc where did you get your 75% from?
As for those tribal bigots get your head checked cos you're sick!
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 05, 2012
ak47mann:

will you shut up, the problem with yaribas is that they are not even good in the game everything na forcing guy cool
that's why they always get arrested sad

We all know that ibos are the crime master since crime is encoded in their DNA.9 out of ten robbery and other crimes are carried out by ibos.I hail una o
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 05, 2012
uchlukez:

I dont belive you, I know a lot Yorubas push drug more than any other Tribe Nigeria but its not up to 75%, maybe 74.9 % tongue
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by Skywalker5(m): 2:57pm On Mar 05, 2012
Some Nigerians here are stupid. WTF is wrong with you lots. Cant you just fucking accept yourself as one. Must every problem result to tribalism issue? You think anyone would listen to you if you say which tribe is corrupt or not? Geez. Fucking get a life. I am getting pissed with you lot here and i am sure in the real world,you got friends of different ethnic origin but on Nairaland, you flex your muscle cuz you hide behind computers trying rubbish. Does it make you feel better when you base a crime on tribe? No other person in another country cares which tribe,he is known as a Nigerian.
There is a lot of problem going on the world. Racism, Religious problem. Now we have to deal with a whole lot of tribalism in the same country.

And you wonder why we not moving forward because we spend most of out time trying to shift blame on one tribe or another
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by Easybaby(f): 2:58pm On Mar 05, 2012
that was why I turned down many yaribas advances tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2012
Stupeed Igbos! For every one Yoruba caught in crime there are at least 50 other Igbos, in fact the ratio should even be 1:1000.
Having said that there is no country in the world who don't have criminals but if you know one pls tell us!
BTW while a Yoruba man will commit his crime in places like UK a Igbo man in the name if bravery (foolishness and stupeedity) will import his to China, Singapore, Malasia or even Saudi Arabia. Yeye people!
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 05, 2012
Easybaby:

that was why I turned down many yaribas advances tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin grin grin

Only Yoruba agbero boys will make advances to an ugly girl like you!
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 05, 2012
Easybaby:

How do you expect yorubas to date a woman with excessive testoterone running in her blood,with yam leg,muscular chest and arm,hairy chest and biabiar.You must look like a witch aswerigad.
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by chino11(m): 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2012
We should not bother, things like this are synonymous with Yoruba tribe. grin cool
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2012
chino11:

We should not bother, things like this are synonymous with Yoruba tribe. grin cool

While armed robbery,kidnapping,419,child industry,fake products is synoymous with ibos abi ?
Re: Nigerian Man Jailed 30years For Smuggling Class A Drugs Into London! by ak47mann(m): 3:22pm On Mar 05, 2012
Yoruba sucks no doubt cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million / EFCC To Appeal Acquittal Of Robert Azibaola, Goodluck Jonathan's Cousin / Kidnappers Of 6 Kaduna Schoolgirls and 2 Staff Demand 50M Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.