Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula (2122 Views)

Newspaper Vendor Demands N50m From Asuquo-Etim And Apology For Assault / S/south Deserves Reps Speaker ‎based On Federal Character –iriase / Stop The Insult On Mr President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Nigerd(m): 9:46am On Mar 05, 2012
an Extract from

Enough of this insult – Reps, MEND
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/enough-of-this-insult-reps-mend/

S-South deserves apology for the insult — Osula

Hon Arigbe Osula asserted in an interview: “Decades of irreparable damages done to the Niger-Delta region by years of gross neglect by the military, whose leadership were mostly Northerners cannot be compensated for by a few years of marginally improved revenue represented by just 13 per cent revenue derivation.”

He continued: “What the Nigerian state has done to this region is a criminal destruction of unimaginable proportion, which will continue to have infinite consequences on all imaginable lives.

“In the face of the absolute tragedy which oil and gas discovery and exploration have been to the people of the oil and gas producing area, it is deeply disturbing to note the contention of the Northern Governors questioning of the meager and sorry current revenue derivation formula which is very insulting to the people of the region compare to the disastrous consequences it has foisted on them.

“It is even more painful when you compare this formula with historical antecedent of past formulae used when groundnut and cocoa were our major sources of revenue without the attendant adverse effect of oil exploration in the name of national revenue generation.”
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Demdem(m): 9:50am On Mar 05, 2012
What ffucking apology? Sttupid man. Instead of him to canvassed for SNC that will entrench true federalism, he is talking rubbish. Useless man.
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Demdem(m): 9:53am On Mar 05, 2012
Niger_d:

an Extract from

Hon Arigbe Osula asserted in an interview: “Decades of irreparable damages done to the Niger-Delta region by years of gross neglect by the military, whose leadership were mostly Northerners cannot be compensated for by a few years of marginally improved revenue represented by just 13 per cent revenue derivation.”

Besides in addition to that u we also have a ministry devoted to your region, NDDC plus increase intervention from various oil companies. Its definately more than marginal but very few things to show for it because of corruption and "theiving" practices of leaders and past warlords (criminals)
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by okosodo: 12:37pm On Mar 05, 2012
Is this man still alive
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Nigerd(m): 4:37pm On Mar 05, 2012
@ Demem,

u no just understand at all,

The Northern Big got sgud nt ve make such statement
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Demdem(m): 4:41pm On Mar 05, 2012
^^^^

Thats ur opinion and obviously wrong. Av been in this zone (Nigerdelta) zone for close to a decade now and i obviously know what i am talking about.
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by PapaBrowne(m): 11:25pm On Mar 05, 2012
Demdem:

Besides in addition to that u we also have a ministry devoted to your region, NDDC plus increase intervention from various oil companies. Its definately more than marginal[b] but very few things to show for it because of corruption and "theiving" practices of leaders and past warlords (criminals)[/b]

Demdem:

^^^^

Thats ur opinion and obviously wrong. Av been in this zone (Nigerdelta) zone for close to a decade now and i obviously know what i am talking about.

Really By any count the Niger Delta states are doing better off than any of the Northern states by a long shot. (oil revenues or not)
While revenues might be only about 4 times higher, Economic activity in the Niger Delta is much more than ten times that in the North.
Interestingly, there is more wastefulness in the impoverished north by its leaders than there is wastefulness in the stinkingly rich Niger Delta(in comparison to the North)
I've been in the north and in the Niger Delta, the poverty and disease in the North should be some of the worst in Africa. Niger Delta on the other hand has some of the highest per capita income in all of Africa.

My point in a nutshell is simple. The thieving of resources is a nationwide phenomenom but is worse off in the North. So stop pointing fingers as though that is an exclusive preserve of Niger Delta leaders.
Of the six key Niger Delta Governors, 4 can stand out as outstanding performers- Amaechi, Imoke, Oshiomole, Akpabio. Even Uduaghan has done a good job when juxtaposed side by side most of the Northern governors.
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by dayokanu(m): 11:29pm On Mar 05, 2012
So assuming they apologize, The issue don finish be dat??

Clueless man, Instead of demanding SNC that puts the issue to a logical conclusion you are demanding apology

Any well meaning SS representative, should tell the FG to chuck the apology where sun don't shine and convene SNC sharp sharp with resource control tops of the agenda
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by aljharem(m): 2:40am On Mar 06, 2012
PapaBrowne:

Really By any count the Niger Delta states are doing better off than any of the Northern states by a long shot. (oil revenues or not)
While revenues might be only about 4 times higher, Economic activity in the Niger Delta is much more than ten times that in the North.
Interestingly, there is more wastefulness in the impoverished north by its leaders than there is wastefulness in the stinkingly rich Niger Delta(in comparison to the North)
I've been in the north and in the Niger Delta, the poverty and disease in the North should be some of the worst in Africa. Niger Delta on the other hand has some of the highest per capita income in all of Africa.

My point in a nutshell is simple. The thieving of resources is a nationwide phenomenom but is worse off in the North. So stop pointing fingers as though that is an exclusive preserve of Niger Delta leaders.
Of the six key Niger Delta Governors, 4 can stand out as outstanding performers- Amaechi, Imoke, Oshiomole, Akpabio. Even Uduaghan has done a good job when juxtaposed side by side most of the Northern governors.
Niger_d:

an Extract from

He continued: “What the Nigerian state has done to this region is a criminal destruction of unimaginable proportion, which will continue to have infinite consequences on all imaginable lives.

“In the face of the absolute tragedy which oil and gas discovery and exploration have been to the people of the oil and gas producing area, it is deeply disturbing to note the contention of the Northern Governors questioning of the meager and sorry current revenue derivation formula which is very insulting to the people of the region compare to the disastrous consequences it has foisted on them.

“It is even more painful when you compare this formula with historical antecedent of past formulae used when groundnut and cocoa were our major sources of revenue without the attendant adverse effect of oil exploration in the name of national revenue generation.”

It really really annoys me when people support their leader because they are from their zone or tribe. There is nothing more iddiotic than that.

Please beg GEJ to declear SNC now that it is still hot, those that fight against SNC are the enemies of progress

Nigeria would be divided into 5 zones with boundaries adjusted.
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by aljharem(m): 2:45am On Mar 06, 2012
Look at Asari Dokubo before GEJ Presidency

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5zGeFuRFPMrS1vzgLk0PfDLPOsa4g5EFvTlHicFGKhC0G-2b-[/img]

Look at him now

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrlbEYjQIbeyzimGNMt_kplFk0xiNO7-4JUDgantzEHrT-FP5r[/img]

Only an iddeiot would not see change and his embezzlement.
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Kobojunkie: 3:25am On Mar 06, 2012
Niger_d:

@ Demem,

u no just understand at all,

The Northern Big got sgud nt ve make such statement
How did the Edo man take become Northerner here?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by 9javoice1(m): 5:34am On Mar 06, 2012
@alj harem,
Look at Asari Dokubo before GEJ Presidency,
Look at him now
Only an iddeiot would not see change and his embezzlement.

which one is your anger? we like him anyhow. go and open your mouth and tell your emirs and alhajis that kept all of you
in stone age to let you guys go.
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Demdem(m): 8:31am On Mar 06, 2012
PapaBrowne:

[s]Really By any count the Niger Delta states are doing better off than any of the Northern states by a long shot. (oil revenues or not)[/s]
I've been in the north and in the Niger Delta, the poverty and disease in the North should be some of the worst in Africa.  Niger Delta on the other hand has some of the highest per capita income in all of Africa.

Papa to be honest, am not so enthusiastic about what goes on in the north but here in the south. am not in anyway comparing the north to the south. its a fact that corruption is a nationwide phenomenon however what i'm not comfortable with is the impression the honourable is trying to give which is the country as a whole as not been fair to the ND region which isnt so especially in recent past

Niger_d:

[b]prior to this democratic setting, of cos the people of this region went through hell but the same shouldnt be said now when serious funds are being pumped in daily and i insist that except from some few places, so little is there to show for such. the truth of the matter is if only these funds are judiciously used ND has no business with poverty. all i want the honourable to do is to look inwards and challenge their leaders to be much more responsible. if u think northern leaders arent responsible to their people, that doesnt mean the southern leaders to follow suit undecided

from the 6 Niger delta states u made mentioned of, IMO 2 of them only seems to stand out:

Akpabio: no doubt he has been outstanding so far even till date
Amaechi: he also has done well but to be honest the kind of zeal i saw during his first tenure sems to have disappeared. its almost a yr now to the commencement of his second tenure.
Udaughan: considering the revenue accruable to his state, the Dog has failed woefully considering his so called achievements. comparing him to any northern governor or state is criminous. am sure beaf will agree with me on this grin grin
Slvia: he obviously failed just like his predecessor the retardeen however lets see wettin dickson will do.
Oshiomole: this one is debatable.
Imoke: that one is just surviving. The debt burden from Tinapa alone is making him much more dormant. Not his fault anyway.

In conclusion, dont compare these states to the northern states. the question is how well has these Rich states better the lives of their people considering the numerous resources acrruable to them?

Above all, i did say it before that SNC should be constituted immediately to determine the basis of our existence if that is what we want (write a new constitution). that alone will solve a lot of this mess[/b]
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Demdem(m): 8:34am On Mar 06, 2012
dayokanu:

Clueless man, Instead of demanding SNC that puts the issue to a logical conclusion you are demanding apology

Any well meaning SS representative, should tell the FG to chuck the apology where sun don't shine and convene SNC sharp sharp with resource control tops of the agenda

End of story
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by DaLover(m): 9:09am On Mar 06, 2012
dayokanu:

Demdem:

What ffucking apology? Sttupid man. Instead of him to canvassed for SNC that will entrench true federalism, he is talking rubbish. Useless man.

Guys dont get me wrong ooo, I am totally in support of true federalism, but are you guys really sure that an SNC will achieve true federalism, how will the SNC be organised, if we use population figures as we have it now, the north (hausas in particular), will have majority representation at the SNC and will use this to block the request for true federalism, even the SW is against it as evidenced by their stand at the last constitutiuonal conference organised under OBJ, so I wonder if you guys have thought this thing through,

If is it only true federalism we want to achieve we can push this through the national assenbly, this can be done agressively by GEJ government
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Demdem(m): 9:40am On Mar 06, 2012
DaLover:

Guys dont get me wrong ooo, I am totally in support of true federalism, but are you guys really sure that an SNC will achieve true federalism, how will the SNC be organised, if we use population figures as we have it now, the north (hausas in particular), will have majority representation at the SNC and will use this to block the request for true federalism, even the SW is against it as evidenced by their stand at the last constitutiuonal conference organised under OBJ, so I wonder if you guys have thought this thing through,

If is it only true federalism we want to achieve we can push this through the national assenbly, this can be done agressively by GEJ government

[b]i feel u but one question that comes to my mind was how was the first constituent assembly constituted? I believe there are many ways to achieve this but IMO equal representations from different nationalities, interest groups and probably professional bodies should be assembled and not by LG, state or some sorts as stated in the flawed constitution. Population figures to me is a no-no. its shouldn't also be a party thing. am sure other and better ways in achieving this can also be suggested. However, the first step is for us all to agree if we want such or nor, the modalities will definately follow.

i am very sure that the SNC will achieve the true federalism we all desire. Firstly, we will have to decide if trully we want to be together and on what basis or form of government do we desire. how well do we want to control our individual resources, what debt do we have to bear for the union. this present Unitary form of government (not federalism) is doing no one any good.

The NASS cant acheive this because they are only empowered IMO to amend the constitution. what we all are asking for is the complete re-writing of  this constitution in question to reflect the desires of the people. Am not so sure if the NASS can scrap states and ask us to go back to regions but i have this strong belief thats what the people want.
[/b]
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Nayah(f): 9:44am On Mar 06, 2012
Good morning everyone, my vision as a Non Nigerian lady is that Nigeria is always viewed as "North", South", "East" and "West" and not enough Nigeria as itself, that's a bit curious
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Demdem(m): 9:48am On Mar 06, 2012
Nayah:

Good morning everyone, my vision as a Non Nigerian lady is that Nigeria is always viewed as "North", South", "East" and "West" and not enough Nigeria as itself, that's a bit curious

as it is right now, the people are only one just in name and probably during football matches. Not one in deed and in truth.
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Lasinoh: 10:11am On Mar 06, 2012

Why dunnyoo hold Ibori accountable for taking your to the cleaners FIRST! kiss
You are NOT entitled to ANY more loot!
Go and read your BIBLE! The parable of the sower.
You have insulted yourselves. . .the North is only adding insult to your SELF-INJURY.
No sympathies. kiss
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by okosodo: 10:18am On Mar 06, 2012
Nayah:

that is what it is. Nigeria is kept one by force. We are a different people who can never ever be one
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Dainfamous: 10:41am On Mar 06, 2012
abi oh people have got rude of this lack of confidence in them and now saying their minds which is good and healthy cheesy cheesy
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Nayah(f): 11:13am On Mar 06, 2012
Demdem:

as it is right now, the people are only one just in name and probably during football matches. Not one in deed and in truth.
Seriously, I think this is sad we can be very diverse ( like in my countries) but feel first from one Nation!! Nigeria has to rise
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Demdem(m): 11:17am On Mar 06, 2012
Nayah:

Seriously, I think this is sad we can be very diverse ( like in my countries) but feel first from one Nation!! Nigeria has to rise

Of cos its possible. at one time you guys decided within yourselves to be together and the basis of ur togetherness. It hasnt been so in our own case, One foreigner initiated and forced it on us and the military bastardised it the more. That explains the reason why we just have to sit, talk and decide.
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Nayah(f): 11:20am On Mar 06, 2012
Demdem:

Of cos its possible. at one time you guys decided within yourselves to be together and the basis of ur togetherness. It hasnt been so in our own case, One foreigner initiated and forced it on us and the military bastardised it the more. That explains the reason why we just have to sit, talk and decide.
So brother you would support a separation?
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Demdem(m): 11:23am On Mar 06, 2012
Nayah:

So brother you would support a separation?

i honestly don't want it. that's my personal opinion though. what i want is simply a re-arrangement and restructuring of the whole entity called Nigeria.
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Nayah(f): 11:27am On Mar 06, 2012
Demdem:

i honestly don't want it. that's my personal opinion though. what i want is simply a re-arrangement and restructuring of the whole entity called Nigeria.
I'm glad to hear that, because some really agree on division which would be a big mistake according to me espcially for "poor oil regions"
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Demdem(m): 11:30am On Mar 06, 2012
Nayah:

I'm glad to hear that, because some really agree on division which would be a big mistake according to me espcially for "poor oil regions"

of cos i still want us together but it should be a collective and majority decision. the terms and conditions also needs to be spelt out well to avoid any ambiguity.
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Nayah(f): 11:34am On Mar 06, 2012
Demdem:

of cos i still want us together but it should be a collective and majority decision. the terms and conditions also needs to be spelt out well to avoid any ambiguity.
Ok my dear, and what do you think about Nigerian fame throughout the Continent and Worldwide? I mean some African brothers chase Nigerians from their land do you think it's because of a weak governement?( the Nigerian one)
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Demdem(m): 11:44am On Mar 06, 2012
Nayah:

Ok my dear, and what do you think about Nigerian fame throughout the Continent and Worldwide? I mean some African brothers chase Nigerians from their land do you think it's because of a weak governement?( the Nigerian one)

That is the least of my problems. i dont give a damn about what other countries think about us for now. We need to be happy for ourselves first before any other thing. those secondary factors will probably want us together for their selfish reasons and not necessarily for our happiness. Nigerians also want the basic requirement of live they also are benefiting and whatever we do to achieve this to better our lives is to be respected.
I dont understand the second part of ur post but we obviously have a very weak government presently
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Nayah(f): 11:52am On Mar 06, 2012
Well Demdem you're probably right about the others African brothers, but you can't live alone, you always be someone by your side wink
We're African and you know we like comparing ourselves and think we're better than others countries, but I think this is our role to make understand people that Nigeria is not just division, ethnic groups troubles or whatever, this is also a very diverse country with nice and welcoming people with a great potential

As for Nigerians I do really believe they need to seat and talk about their future, because this Boko Haram things it's a visible part of the iceberg
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Demdem(m): 11:58am On Mar 06, 2012
Nayah:

Well Demdem you're probably right about the others African brothers, but you can't live alone, you always be someone by your side wink
We're African and you know we like comparing ourselves and think we're better than others countries, but I think this is our role to make understand people that Nigeria is not just division, ethnic groups troubles or whatever, this is also a very diverse country with nice and welcoming people with a great potential

As for Nigerians I do really believe they need to seat and talk about their future, because this Boko Haram things it's a visible part of the iceberg

that is one of the reason why i believe we can still be together under the right framework and understanding. i trully believe we can acheive bigger and greater things when we are together responsibly. am not saying we should forget others completely, no nation does that. all what i meant was their interest or desire shouldnt be our own national interest. for the rest of ur post, i agree with it.
Re: S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula by Nayah(f): 12:04pm On Mar 06, 2012
Demdem do you know other countries except Nigeria?

(1) (2) (Reply)

If I’m Arrested, Nigeria Will Be Histroy – Dokubo-asari / Army To Retire Al-mustapha With Rank Of Major / Ameachi Denied Access To Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.