Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,968 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? (9185 Views)

Distant Relationships And Phone Calls / Do People Fall In Love Faster Online? / My Husband Is Expressing Love To His 1st Love Via Txts And Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by priest2u(m): 3:13am On Mar 06, 2012
is it possible to fall in love with someone you've only spoken with on phone? if it happens is it real or infatuation?
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by Dyt(f): 8:30am On Mar 06, 2012
only u cld mk it real
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 06, 2012
Nothing can make it real. It simply is impossible. You can only grow fond of them, not fall in utter love
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by Dyt(f): 8:51am On Mar 06, 2012
wen u r fond of em
u long 2 c em
n wen u c em
u neva can tell wat comes outta it
u dont plan 2 love bt it jst comes
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by InkedNerd(f): 8:54am On Mar 06, 2012
@OP: Yes, it's possible. You don't have to be physically in front of someone to actually fall in love with them.
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by dabrake(m): 8:56am On Mar 06, 2012
damned infatuation
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by MrsChima1(f): 9:13am On Mar 06, 2012
I have heard people say they have "fallen in love" with people they haven't met. lipsrsealed

My thing is this, in a nutshell where you meet someone isn't as problematic as saying I know this person well because we have chatted over the phone and internet.

So therefore because I know this person and feels this person is honest, I love him/her.

Let just say the jury is still out on that statement above. lipsrsealed
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by swisscash(m): 9:20am On Mar 06, 2012
All dis kids on nairaland!
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by stepo707: 11:25am On Mar 06, 2012
Yea its possible,even on the internet
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by Dyt(f): 11:29am On Mar 06, 2012
^^ frm experience huh?
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by Goldieluks: 11:36am On Mar 06, 2012
One can grow very fond of someone, just by mere phone conversation, but falling in-love? No that's not possible, because LOVE is a very big word and a lot of people tends to mistake infatuation for love.
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by coded777: 12:16pm On Mar 06, 2012
We found love in a hopeless place
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by bekay911(f): 12:24pm On Mar 06, 2012
dabrake:

damned infatuation
+100
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 06, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

@OP: Yes, it's possible. You don't have to be physically in front of someone to actually fall in love with them.
Gimme your number so I can call and you can then fall in love. Wat a sequence! tongue
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by binigirl(f): 12:57pm On Mar 06, 2012
Its not possible 2 fall in love via phone calls only oh!!!!
I heard of a lady who supposedly "fell in love" wit a guy via phone calls and den set up a meeting wit him so they can see and possibly take the relationship further but on getting 2 the venue for the meeting, she found out the guy was an albino and dats how the "love" disappeared from her eyes one tym and she ran away like some one being chased by evil spirits grin grin grin grin,
You can only grow fond of someone via phone calls but you cannot fall in love

1 Like

Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by Dyt(f): 12:59pm On Mar 06, 2012
bini girl:

I heard of a lady who supposedly "fell in love" wit a guy via phone calls and den set up a meeting wit him so they can see and possibly take the relationship further but on getting 2 the venue for the meeting, she found out the guy was [size=38pt]an albino[/size] and dats how the "love" disappeared from her eyes one tym and she ran away like some one being chased by evil spirits grin grin grin grin,
You can only grow fond of someone via phone calls but you cannot fall in love

rotflmfao
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by LEXYLOV: 1:01pm On Mar 06, 2012
Some does. But it's silly though undecided
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by humblebee: 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2012
yea, from experience,
i have 2 friends who i started talking to on the phone after meeting them on a social network. i fell in love over the phone and im currently dating one of them while the other one that ive only met once (15mins) still hope we ca date, it both started on the phone and it's been lovely. wish i could marry both of them,
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by Dyt(f): 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2012
^^ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by ONESS: 1:11pm On Mar 06, 2012
100+ very very impossible! that means FAKE
IF U FALL IN LOVE OVER THE PHONE HOW ABOUT THE PHYSICAL FALLIN IN LOVE
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by ONESS: 1:15pm On Mar 06, 2012
I ONCE MET A GUY ON FACEBOOK AND WHEN WE HAD OUR FIRST BLIND DATE IT TURNED OUT THAT HE IS A SMOKER AND THAT REPELLED ME. WE NEVER SAW AGAIN.
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by stepo707: 1:28pm On Mar 06, 2012
Dyt:

^^ frm experience huh?
Yea wink
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by mobf: 1:30pm On Mar 06, 2012
ONESS:

I ONCE MET A GUY ON FACEBOOK AND WHEN WE HAD OUR FIRST BLIND DATE IT TURNED OUT THAT HE IS A SMOKER AND THAT REPELLED ME. WE NEVER SAW AGAIN.

So?
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by Dyt(f): 1:31pm On Mar 06, 2012
stepo707:

Yea wink

can u share?
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by mobf: 1:33pm On Mar 06, 2012
bini girl:

I heard of a lady who supposedly "fell in love" wit a guy via phone calls and den set up a meeting wit him so they can see and possibly take the relationship further but on getting 2 the venue for the meeting, she found out the guy was an albino and dats how the "love" disappeared from her eyes one tym and she ran away like some one being chased by evil spirits grin grin grin grin, You can only grow fond of someone via phone calls but you cannot fall in love
shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by Akintola11(m): 1:38pm On Mar 06, 2012
The latest instalment of 'This Week in Nigeria'-Thousands mourn at Ojukwu’s burial, Nigerian Football Federation faces examination, Guinness Nigeria continues to grow & much more!

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/blog/week-nigeria-ojukwu-buried
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by xammy(m): 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2012
one chick is rily falling right now, but thanks to facebook, she turn out to be very pretty chick
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by NET1(m): 2:06pm On Mar 06, 2012
do people still 'FALL' in Love?  As for me, I'm tired of falling and getting up.

.NET
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 06, 2012
This is something that has been bugging my mind for sometime now. I have even gone as far as asking most of my friends this question and majority of them seem to think you can fall in love over the phone. How possible is this? It is very impossible in my opinion o.

I had a chat with a guy (who I knew though a friend that lives in another province) on Facebook May last year and was commiserating with him because he had just been dumped by his girlfriend. He asked for my phone number and suggested that I added him on skype so that we could communicate constantly. I had no objections to this. The next day while I was at work this guy called me and I answered. The voice sounded unfamiliar and I was forced to ask who I was talking to since at the time, I had never even heard his voice. That was when he said " You are talking to your husband" o.O

I thought he was joking and just laughed it off. Up until last month when I had to tell him that the madness had to stop and I did not believe in the love he was professing, this guy would not let me be. He would tell me that he loves me and that he has always loved me since the very first time he heard my voice. o.O
I tried explaining to him in the sweetest way that I did not believe in such love but he would not let me be.

Bottom line: You cannot fall in love by merely listening to someone's voice. Such is not love and is even less than infatuation (this is in my opinion).

1 Like

Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by Dyt(f): 2:16pm On Mar 06, 2012
^ u eva hrd of d word magic?
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 06, 2012
^ I have heard of the word magic which has also got nothing to do with love.
Re: Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? by Dyt(f): 2:25pm On Mar 06, 2012
ur tots ma'am
love works lyk magic

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9jaloversforum / Fabregas Had An Erection While Kissing Girlfriend - See John Terry's Reaction / Any Particular Tribe You Can Never Marry From: And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.