Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,216 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? (8216 Views)

Face,2go,bb Chat And Nairaland Which's More Educative? / Facebook Vs Nairaland? (which Is More Fun?) / Facebook Vs Nairaland Which Do Nigerians Prefare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by dollya(f): 10:24pm On Mar 07, 2012
NL ROCKS!!!!!!!
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 07, 2012
NL all the way, though they serve different purpose(s) so normally shouldn't group them into the same category but since you are doing that I'm supporting NL anytime anyday
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by aglomar: 11:35pm On Mar 07, 2012
Both are addictive but NL is far more useful 2 me.
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by sosodat: 12:12am On Mar 08, 2012
FACEBOOK is like a jail, you sit around, waste time, have a profile picture, write on walls and get poked by guys/girls you don't really know. . .That is sick, scary but very funny, lol grin grin ;Dh

Nairaland all the way, though it takes valuable hours from me
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by Nobody: 2:47am On Mar 08, 2012
Most of this posts are just eye service. A category 5 slowpoke sef knows that FB is far far far far addictive and engaging. NL is just full of jobless people who will insult you for no reason.
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by Achmet(m): 5:54am On Mar 08, 2012
this thread is full of liars, must U lie? abi wetin NL go dash U? call a spade a spade jawe!!!!!!
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by ampitn: 7:20am On Mar 08, 2012
padi na NL 0 facebk ois useless take daf
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by LeJeun3: 7:29am On Mar 08, 2012
I'm even suprised at this comparism!
Its true that dey may serve different purposes, but wait a minute:
Nairaland a place where U hide and insult people cos dey don't know U!
If its forum discussions lots go on, on facebook open ur eyes.
I can unfriend U, block U, chose wat and how U say things to me so WTF?

Facebook rocks, check ur friends and partners dey make or mar U! Un point, un tiré
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by chelseabmw(m): 7:46am On Mar 08, 2012
As for me,I prefer nairaland oooooo
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by Emeka72(m): 7:55am On Mar 08, 2012
I don't know about anybody, but as for me, Nairaland Forum has got it all; it is fun, informative, educative,addictive, entertaining and so on. I can't stay a day without logging into Nairaland Forum. I spend every day on Nairaland Forum but I can even go for weeks and months without logging into Facebook. Even when I visit Facebook it is so boring that all I do is check for msgs and notifications and no desire to remain there.
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by Chiokeke(f): 8:45am On Mar 08, 2012
My friends still thank me till date for introducing them to NL. I am equally grateful to the guy that first told me about NL (that was some few years ago) because I have learnt so very much that I would not have learnt elsewhere. Thank you Seun and co for doing such a great thing for humanity. But on FB, after 5 mins, I really would not know what next to do other than to log off.
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by emmatok(m): 11:00am On Mar 08, 2012
Comparing FB to NL, is like comparing MESSI to TORRES.

FB is far far addictive and advanced than NL,

How many adverts do you see on NL, compared to FB.

It should be Nairaland vs NAIJAPLS.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by emmatok(m): 11:01am On Mar 08, 2012
Comparing FB to NL, is like comparing MESSI to TORRES.

FB is far far addictive and advanced than NL,

How many adverts do you see on NL, compared  to FB.

It should be Nairaland vs NAIJAPALS.
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 08, 2012
Nairaland! i hail oooooo

FB just there sha.

NL IS MORE ENGAGING AND addictive. GBAM!
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by nwanioma(f): 12:50pm On Mar 08, 2012
I think its like comparing apples to oranges! NL is cool and people absolutely enjoy the anonymity. and use it at a means to say all kinds of trash, same people will go on Facebook and their comments would be God bless you! I really don't think i can choose because in my shoes i need like em both!
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by Sugardiva(f): 2:45pm On Mar 08, 2012
Βουκέφαλος:

Most of this posts are just eye service. A category 5 slowpoke sef knows that FB is far far far far addictive and engaging. NL is just full of jobless people who will insult you for no reason.

Achmet:

this thread is full of liars, must U lie? abi wetin NL go dash U? call a spade a spade jawe!!!!!!

Gbam!

The ppple who enjoy nairaland more are the ones who are ashamed of how they look, unsatisfied with their status in life and disatisfied with their jobs, friends and locations because on NL they dont hv to disclose dis info and dey can lie abt it. If not, they would prefer FB where they can dispaly their pics, and disclose info on who dey rilli are. They are also cowards because dey prefer NL whr dey can insult pple and not be held responsible because no one knws der true identity, something dat cant happen

Dont get me wrong i enjoy NL, its ok cos on it u can get instant information with predominantly Nigerian content but on no level can it be compared to FB much less win the compettition.
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by Harryveli: 3:28pm On Mar 08, 2012
I prefer Nairaland dan facebook cos NL is more educate dan fb
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by FXKing2012(m): 3:52pm On Mar 08, 2012
Advice for Seun: Nairaland has such appeal that there is no reason why it is still at this level. FB started in 2004 and today it has over 800million users and worth over $100billion. I think Nairaland should go global by having a version for other countries/languages just like FB and Google. We cld say Nairaland Spain; Nairaland Germany, etc etc or Nairaland Spanish, Nairaland Deutsche, etc etc.

Just my idea on how to take NL truly global instead of just being a Nigerian website for Nigerians.
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by presegsADESIDA(m): 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2012
Nairaland is still better oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by bittyend(m): 4:27pm On Mar 08, 2012
LETS DO A CHECLLIST

Facebook
1. Catch up with old friends easily, make new friends, meet real pple.
2. Most pple disagree with ur opinions without insulting u
3. Real pple, real pictures, real places
4. Facebook for smartphones and bb. Very accessible
5. Nigerians rep nigeria well while condemning her many problems
6. Meet all sortsa peeps. Immature, cool, mature, responsible, irresponsible
7. Multiple applications: chat, write on walls, poke, inbox, share pics, groups, profiles, celebs

Nairaland
1. Meet new usernames (no faces, no pics,)
2. Evry1 insults u before they disagree with ur opinions
3. Fake pple, fake pictures, fake places
4. Nairaland for mobile phones not so cool
5. Nigerians ('specially those in diaspora) diss Nigeria n condemn her
6. Meet mostly these kindsa pple immature, wifebeaters, insultive peeps n very few reasonable peeps
7. Available applications: Nice threads, useless threads, derogatory threads, threads and more threads

Need I say more? 7 Up of the whole matter is clear.

Damn! You went in with the list!

I had to view your profile just to confirm why you sound so confident, and you look really pretty. Keep up the good looks!

I think most people on nairaland troll, just like a every other faceless forum online and I'm guilty of that as well. FB is more of a personal thing because you know most of the people on your friend list. I'm not really a FB person (used to be) because I don't like people knowing my business - but with NL, you have a platform where you can air out what you really believe in, without the fear of being judged.

Personally, I prefer NL because I've learnt a lot from reading people's opinions about Nigeria - and I have also learnt a lot about Nigerian history and Yoruba history. These are valuable things I don't think I would learnt on FB. The only thing I abhor about NL are the serial ethnocentric nairalanders, they tend to infect people over time with that virus lol.

NL can do no wrong with people like Katsmoto, Ekt_bear, dudunegro, gbawe, PhysicsGED, Kilode, ChinenyeN, Afam4eva etc. still posting on the forum. That's just my 2cent.
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 08, 2012
NL is what I use to catch up with news from the motherland etc.

Facebook is really just . . . there. Just people talking about how they broke a nail today or how they went to work and came back and are now going to bed. undecided
No true medium for the exchange of opinions and ideas, which I enjoy.

I don't mind the insults, they are kinda funny. grin
Don't take yourself too seriously and NL is a nice place to hang out. smiley
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by tolak(m): 8:23am On Mar 09, 2012
Firstly, you must consider the purpose of joining the two site. NL is discussion, sharing ideas/ money making likewise FB is social network that is making friends, also you can use it as business centre where you promote your stuff. Though on FB there are some post that is annoying like posting; i am eating now etc where there are ways to use it to their advantage. My own opinion know the purpose of joining the NLor FB.
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by FXKing2012(m): 9:23pm On Mar 10, 2012
FB is boring
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:30am On Mar 11, 2012
I was never in2 fb,don't think i wanna change dat,and I don't think I also need d account sef.

Nairaland any day jare

Gba gbe!!!!!!!
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by Sugardiva(f): 1:00pm On Mar 14, 2012
Thank u bittyend
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by FXKing2012(m): 11:37am On Mar 27, 2012
NL is messed up with the new messed up platform. FB is better.
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by Yuzarsif(m): 10:18am On Jul 13, 2012
Me @NL oo 100%
Re: Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? by FXKing2012(m): 10:17pm On Jul 17, 2012
FB remains king cos it appeals to a much wider audience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Will You Be On New Year's Eve? / » Photos: Wicked People Forcefully Remove This Boy Two Eyes In North / Happy Birthday Deep Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.