Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,952 members, 7,828,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk (5139 Views)

EFCC To Arrest Ex INEC Chairman Over Oil Baron Bribe / Igbos Support(ed) Mass 'deportation' From Lagos / Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by AloyEmeka5: 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2010

Emeka Offor In Landmark Fight To Overturn UK Deportation / Exclusion Order

Posted: August 25, 2010 - 15:44

A Nigerian businessman, Emeka Offor, anonymously called ‘D1’ in UK immigration Court documents is making history with a battle royale he has launched against the UK which deported him last March when he sought to visit the country. Offor had been under close scrutiny since December 2006 when he was caught with £700,000 stashed in his designer luggage.

Emeka Ofor

Emeka Offor, claims UK authorities went out of bounds when they said his exclusion was “conducive to the public good” because of his involvement in “serious, organized criminality.”

Further, authorities seized the British Pounds, a UK travel visa and high-level clearance he had enjoyed from 2006 under the Obasanjo regime. British media is calling him “D1” for legal reasons.

Offor – aka “Sir Emeka Offor” -- is linked to a Houston, Texas-based oil company EHRC Energy, which was raided by the FBI in 2006. Offor reportedly helped resolve a long running border dispute between Nigeria and Sao Tome through “gifts” to key political figures, and create an offshore development zone where international oil companies could bid for the rights to drill.

The current UK case tests the use of US-style bans on foreign nationals allegedly involved in corruption and other organised crime. A similar visa ban was imposed on Nigeria’s former Attorney General, Michael Aondoakaa and UK sources told Saharareporters that Nigerian officials linked with James Ibori’s criminality and perversion of justice would remain targets of exclusion orders.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/emeka-offor-landmark-fight-overturn-uk-deportation-exclusion-order
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by Becomrich0: 2:26am On Aug 26, 2010
The issue it, nigeria govt should have a large sign at the airport which would state, you can not carry more than $10,000 , most nigerian do not know that. IN nigeria people carry large amount to travel because the system is not the same with the west.
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by 0hsisi: 2:30am On Aug 26, 2010
Becomrich0:

The issue it, nigeria govt should have a large sign at the airport which would state, you can not carry more than $10,000 , most nigerian do not know that. IN nigeria people carry large amount to travel because the system is not the same with the west.

You must back up those statements in maps
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by AloyEmeka5: 2:39am On Aug 26, 2010
Becomrich0:

Nonsense, Emeka Offor is no novice to the West. He currently owns the biggest oil servicing company in Houston Texas. Dude is richer than Kese lawal only that his money  partly belongs to the OBJ's and yaraduas but Kese made his own money from his sweat.
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by AkinEgba: 2:47am On Aug 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Nonsense, Emeka Offor is no novice to the West. He currently owns the biggest oil servicing company in Houston Texas. Dude is richer than Kese lawal only that his money  partly belongs to the OBJ's and yaraduas but Kese made his own money from his sweat.

And you knew that how?
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by AloyEmeka5: 2:49am On Aug 26, 2010
Show me evidence that he looted Nigeria or American govt. I know he is involved in some shady oil deals in Angola but that was after he made his money. Can you say the same for Emeka Offor?
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by Ofemmanu: 2:57am On Aug 26, 2010
You guys should leave Sir E. alone ooooo!!!
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by AkinEgba: 3:11am On Aug 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Show me evidence that he looted Nigeria or American govt. I know he is involved in some shady oil deals in Angola but that was after he made his money. Can you say the same for Emeka Offor?

You should be showing the evidence that he did not gain unduly from Nigeria instead. Who of them has not?
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by AloyEmeka5: 3:43am On Aug 26, 2010
Akin-Egba:

You should be showing the evidence that he did not gain unduly from Nigeria instead. Who of them has not?

Because he started and made all his pay in the US. Emeka offor made his own from Abuja via OBJ and Umaru Yaradua. He is probably owing Turai over $1BN.
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by AkinEgba: 5:22am On Aug 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Because he started and made all his pay in the US. Emeka offor made his own from Abuja via OBJ and Umaru Yaradua. He is probably owing Turai over $1BN.

http://www.camac.com/alliedenergyplc.aspx

http://www.camac.com/management.aspx
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

So you are implying that Sir Emeka Offor looted Nigerian government? How? Has he ever been a public official? Give me a break. If you mean that he benefitted unscrupulously from ties with key government officials then I don't see what makes his case different from a thousand and one other businessmen out there including Aliko Dangote, Mike Adenuga(ibb), Femi Otedola and several others! Even globally known oligarchs like Roman Abramovich and the so-called 'special interest' party financiers in the USA are guilty of the same thing, so whats the Fuss about Emeka Offor about? And even the so-called Kase Lawal is more shadowy than Emeka Offor; his sleazy deals with Turai and in some other African countries are well documented. Make them free 'Sir' Emeka jöö.
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by usbcable(m): 11:39am On Aug 26, 2010
Becomrich0:

please kindly provide the maps for the above statements. They usually drive home the points you make, and this shouldn't be an exception.
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by teejan: 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2010
igbo thieves,hack em down FBI!
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by Ofemmanu: 12:15pm On Aug 26, 2010
teejan:

And this statement comes from someone whose name is teejan - a kleptomaniac bozo!!
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by yiboboy: 12:46pm On Aug 26, 2010
teejan:

Bwahahahahaha. . . don't mind all these nna motherfuckas, all they know how 2 do is loot and protect their thief-thief role model.
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by sbeezy8: 12:59pm On Aug 26, 2010
I dont know why one would even Name this Emeka guy ( Never heard of him before) in the same sentence as Kase lawal.

I mean Kase Lawal international trade adviser to Obama-
Trade Advser to Bill Clinton and George Bush
Name one of the Most influential black American- on the cover of Black enterprise
One of the commissioners of Port of Houston Authority.
Second Largest black owned business in America placed on the New york stock exchange.

I mean thats an insult to Kase lawal.

Aloy+Emeka:

Biggest crock of shiot- in the US no one knows him.
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by AloyEmeka5: 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2010
sbeezy8:

I dont know why one would even Name this Emeka guy ( Never heard of him before) in the same sentence as Kase lawal.

I mean Kase Lawal international trade adviser to Obama-
Trade Advser to Bill Clinton and George Bush
Name one of the Most influential black American- on the cover of Black enterprise
One of the commissioners of Port of Houston Authority.
Second Largest black owned business in America placed on the New york stock exchange.

I mean thats an insult to Kase lawal.

Biggest crock of shiot- in the US no one knows him.

You are still a little boy. You stupidly believe that this kese Lawal is richer than TY Danjuma, ObJ, IBB, Dangote, Adenuga, Offor,etc?. There is a big difference between money from business deals and the one taken from govt coffers. Emeka Offor owns half the oil wells in takoradi and Angola, go figure.

Doing businesss with Clinton and co don't mean jack shiot.
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by sbeezy8: 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

You are still a little boy. You stupidly believe that this kese Lawal is richer than TY Danjuma, ObJ, IBB, Dangote, Adenuga, Offor,etc?. There is a big difference between money from business deals and the one taken from govt coffers. Emeka Offor owns half the oil wells in takoradi and Angola, go figure.

Doing businesss with Clinton and co don't mean jack shiot.

ridiculous you are a real goat - I know that kase lawal isnt that rich DUH- what im saying is hes more internationally known and more respected than this random emeka guy whos being "deported"- so why even put his name next to Kase Lawal's?

Thats like placing donald trumpes name next to Mike Adenugas, Dangote, Femi Otedola and even this Emeka guy- doesnt make any sense?

One is Internationally known and employed by Clinton, Obama, Bush (Kase lawal) The Other one is being Deported from the Uk (Emeka)- how can you even compare?
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by AloyEmeka5: 1:59pm On Aug 26, 2010
sbeezy8:

ridiculous you are a real goat - I know that kase lawal isnt that rich DUH- what im saying is hes more internationally known and more respected than this random emeka guy whos being "deported"- so why even put his name next to Kase Lawal's?

Thats like placing donald trumpes name next to Mike Adenugas, Dangote, Femi Otedola and even this Emeka guy- doesnt make any sense?

One is Internationally known and employed by Clinton, Obama, Bush (Kase lawal) The Other one is being Deported from the Uk (Emeka)- how can you even compare?

Anybody can be deported to his/her country including Clinton. We are not talking about international exposure. We are talking about the weight of their wallet. Trust me on that one Kese lawal no see Offor behind. These OBJ boys stole Nigeria to rubbles. If international exposure is your measuring standard, Hakeem Olajuwon is more popular than Kese Lawal in the US. Kanu Nwankwo had dined and wined with Tony Blair, VladMir Putin, Bellusconi, Queen Eliza and is more popular than Kese lawal across the world but Kese is 200x richer than him, Jay Jay Okocha is arguably the most popular Nigerian across the world.
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by sbeezy8: 2:09pm On Aug 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Anybody can be deported to his/her country including Clinton. We are not talking about international exposure. We are talking about the weight of their wallet. Trust me on that one Kese lawal no see Offor behind. These OBJ boys stole Nigeria to rubbles. If international exposure is your measuring standard, Hakeem Olajuwon is more popular than Kese Lawal. jay jay Okocha is arguably the most popular Nigerian across the world.

confused Aloyemka do you have a job? Are you collecting disability while at home?
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by AkinEgba: 2:18pm On Aug 26, 2010
sbeezy8:

What do you mean by internationally known? Is the USA an international country? Nobody knows Kase outside of the US and Nigeria. Just like nobody knows Emeka outside of the US, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, etc. If anything, Emeka is more international than Kase. Talking about working for Obama inside the US, what does that have to do internationally? As far as I am concerned both have contributed to despoil Nigeria's resources directly or by proxy or as a proxy
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by chelseabmw(m): 2:19pm On Aug 26, 2010
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by crackhouse(m): 2:48pm On Aug 26, 2010
@teejan and @yiboboy
enough of this tribalism u guys play on nairaland. i will ban u guys from posting on nairaland if u don't want to behave urselves. u can crack jokes and have other kinds of fun but what i don't like is the issue of tribalism on this forum. this may be the last time u will receive the warning.
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by teejan: 4:20pm On Aug 26, 2010
Only a section of Nigeria potrays us in bad light,do drugs,launder money,spoit china,us,uk and even Ghana @ Yoruba,poke u 1million times,i-g-b-o cocks!
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by sbeezy8: 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2010
no need for tribalism comments thats lame.
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by AloyEmeka5: 6:24pm On Aug 26, 2010
You are tired. Why start the fire and when the kitchen gets hot, you start preaching no tribalism. Those boys followed your footstep yo.
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by Smi1(m): 7:17pm On Aug 26, 2010
0hsisi:

You must back up those statements in maps

LOOLx you are right, since Mr Becomerich always like to back up his statements with Google map or whatever I'm sure he's capable of showing us maps on this particular thread. Geography Teacher
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by EzeUche(m): 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2010
Some Igbos make money the fair way, some Igbos make it the crooked way. No biggie.

Igbos are just perfecting what the white man has been doing for centuries.
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by jacoby70ng: 9:04pm On Aug 26, 2010
Countries around the world have limited amount of cash you can carry across their borders at any time. Ours read, There is no limit to the amount of cash you are allowed to carry across Nigerian border. Its illegal no to disclose any cash carried. Naija I am scared for the future of our children not theirs.
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by AloyEmeka5: 9:38pm On Aug 26, 2010
Who told you Nigeria doesn't have such laws?
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by Dotman01(m): 10:47pm On Aug 26, 2010
Who cares?
Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by Ranoscky(m): 9:02am On Aug 27, 2010
Can u imagine covertin 700,000pds in naira, n d screen of my toy calculator got burnt!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. / Nnamdi Kanu Likely Poisoned As DSS Breaks Into His Prison Cell! / Laolu Akande Speaks On How Presidency Is Tackling Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.