Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:47 AM

Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After (11615 Views)

Woman Delivers Quadruplets Four Years After Wedding (Photo) / She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. / Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by horny4u(f): 12:13am On Mar 09, 2012
@OP
How sad ! The Almighty will help you heal. You may need therapy, EfT but don't be scared to seek emotional help.

@Thread
There are lots of rapist on this thread, hopefully you have mothers, sisters and daughters, mutherfukers

@ real men , e.g Okija n co
I named okija cos i didnot expect him to stand up for the Op
God bless and protect the women in your lives.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by dayokanu(m): 12:19am On Mar 09, 2012
Mollytee:

Thanks Nairaland Forum for your contributions so far .
Few tried to make a joke out of a depressing life term sentence of guilt and despair . I do appreciate the mentality and thinking of people who think 29 years is so long ago to be harbouring hate and grudge over your abuser . So also the group that think that women should calm down and enjoy a violation section .It is always a matter of free speech in a free country . Thanks for your contributions so far .Just an update after I sent the email to my abuser , He fired back an SMS to me that " Look ,this daughter of Darkness, the good Lord will surely destroy your evil spirit because i don't know what you are talking about .You are a 419 and you will soon understand that you are dealing with top brass military man( Sic, funny this low level street wise crack head never had the intelligence or ability of going to military academy . It is just a ruse ) I never had any contact with anyone like you ever in my life "

After that message I decided to contact another elderly person that worked with us at same time called PO . He made a call to him and ask him did you say you never know Miss TF ? He then opened up to this man and confessed that Yeas he did it . But the man should just keep on begging me and my husband for forgiveness . I'm confuse by this bipolar dual line of action by this evil man is taken . He is confrontational with me and he is sending emisary for forgiveness in the other .

OP,

let his family and circle of friends know what he did 29yrs ago
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by horny4u(f): 1:02am On Mar 09, 2012
dayokanu:

OP,

let his family and circle of friends know what he did 29yrs ago

Its not even about his friends and families. Its about the fact that he getting away with it means he is still on the prowl and i doubt you are the only one he has done this to.
Put him out there and shame him from touching another girl because if you hear news that he r.aped another girl 2moro I am not sure you will be able to live with yourself.
Be very careful to keep your whereabouts secret but you need to expose this man and keep him from hurting someone else,
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by ronkebp(f): 1:18am On Mar 09, 2012
I really don't believe in revenge sometimes, but i won't lie, revenge is sweet in a case like this.

@ Poster, what do you want to do now, do you want justice or what

Because if you do, just organize guys that will trail him, get nice hookers about 10, look for a field and let them r/a/p/e him too on the bare floor without condom. then it is ''checkmate''.

Ok, let me change my thought line and don't be evil. Poster, let it go!!!!!!!!!!! you have lived your life with successes on every side, i know how traumatic that period was for you and also having to come across his name on facebook and other things just brought the whole pain, loneliness, anger, frustration back. Do not let it eat at you again. Do you think he will or has not suffered for what he has done, he won't go unpunnished, he will surely suffer for it, but do not let him win the battle again, by you bringing up topic again. PLease let it go, forgive him and forget, the past is gone, and gone forever. Give yourself peace!!!!! God has a way of repaying him, He will surely give him double for the trouble he has caused you.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Nobody: 1:51am On Mar 09, 2012
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by cold(m): 1:52am On Mar 09, 2012
R ape is a very serious crime.Even an accusation of attempted r ape is enough to get a man a lonnnggg time in the cooler.Assuming your story is true.I seriously want to believe you're telling the truth,although like some folks on here I have noticed some inconsistencies in your story which a well seasoned lawyer would take your case to shreds.I would want to put it down to forgetting some of the things that transpired at the time.29 years is a pretty long time.
However,if you intend to pursue this case in the courts,then you have an Everest mountain to climb.It is an arduous task prosecuting violation cases that happened only a month ago let alone 29 years ago!

Whereas the law might appear to provide protection to the victim of r ape,(Laws of the Federation of Nigeria:Section 357 Cap 77) the key word to focus on is “consent”, as it is the victim’s duty to prove that she did not consent to the r ape. This is a main difference from the way in which r ape is addressed under the law in other countries in which the individual accused of violation can claim the defense of consent, but then bears the burden of proving that the victim consented.

Remember the comments of  the Abia state Police Commissioner during the brutal video r ape saga?- Ms. X, the woman  in the video in question, seemed to him to have consented to the intimate intercourse or else she was being ‘punished’ for some real or imagined slight to one of the men. Most significantly he revealed that the police are aware that young women are being r aped and videoed as a means of punishment and social control. It is not unreasonable to deduce from his words that they also condone it.
So my dear like I said,you have a mount Everest to climb.You might want to pursue vengeance by other means.If you need a hit man. . .well let me leave it at that before dem go say I don come again
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by osasp(m): 4:14am On Mar 09, 2012
yh just like someone said, just drop a phone number,
i can only imagine how distraught and helpless you must've felt during your ordeal.
people like that should be castrated. i have a neice and cant even begin the describe the fear
and anger that wells up inside me when i imagine her being in such a situation. some people dont deserve life!
please drop a name lets make his life hell.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by TCD: 8:07am On Mar 09, 2012
Just a thought, a girl you had consensual intimate intercourse with or no intercourse at all 29years ago all of a sudden comes up and starts accusing you of violation. Your are disgraced in the view of your whole family, friends and colleagues. Random people from the internet get your phone nobr, call and accuse you of being a dog. You are attacked , stoned and your legs hacked off for what you didn't do. Your life is over with this allegation, you can't prove you didn't do this, neither can your accuser prove her claim. Nonetheless you are ruined. An innocent man destroyed because of the allegations of a scorned ex-lover.

Nairalanders, the man might very well be innocent. That is why the law is there. A random girl cannot just come with a glorious tale and accuse a man of Desecrating her and we all assume he is guilty, get his name and number splashed allover the internet, involve his friends and family then issue death threats to him.

For every man out there, remember it could be you facing these unfounded and unproven  allegations. For the ladies , It could be someone accusing your father , your brother. Would you like to be harassed, condemned and treated this way? Everyone is assumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. That's the way it should be.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by inene: 8:57am On Mar 09, 2012
I AM REALLY SAD AT THIS TALE AND PRAY THE ALMIGHTY TO HEAL YOU COMPLETELY WITHOUT A SCAR. VENGEANCE IS MINE SAYS THE LORD AND IF YOU BELIEVE IN GOD I WILL ASK YOU TO LEAVE THIS MATTER TO HIM. HE ALONE CAN DEAL WITH THIS MATTER IN A MATTER THAT WILL SATISFY YOU. THERE WILL BE NO BENEFIT IN NAMING AND SHAMING THE GUY. MANY WILL URGE YOU TO TAKE THE ROUTE BUT THEN ASK YOURSELF- WHAT WILL THIS BENEFIT YOU, WILL IT BRING THE HEALING THAT YOU NEED. THINK AGAIN MY SISTER AND GOD BLESS.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Sholaf(f): 1:23pm On Mar 09, 2012
ronkebp:

I really don't believe in revenge sometimes, but i won't lie, revenge is sweet in a case like this.

@ Poster, what do you want to do now, do you want justice or what

Because if you do, just organize guys that will trail him, get nice hookers about 10, look for a field and let them r/a/p/e him too on the bare floor without condom. then it is ''checkmate''.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Emilo(m): 1:36pm On Mar 09, 2012
My stand on this issue
In Nigeria, why is it difficult to find a girl that was  de-spoiled just for the fun of it, or from her curiosity or from her willfulness.   Why must it always be from violation or disapproval, or from cajole and all that bull shi.t  (some of you ladies are just liars).

I dont really know maybe u ladies think once u say the truth, people would stone you to death, pls this is the new testament era, not the old testament.

Tell the truth and the truth shall set u freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,  undecided

Back to this case
So if it actually happened 29 years ago, and u are still alive, probably married or not, probably infected or not, what would u achieve by all this, send him to prison, or just the feeling that u got back at him

Lady drop this shi.t and live ur life.  At the end of it all, na termites go still chop the kpekus!!!!!   (sorry but that's how i feel).
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by seyibrown(f): 4:57pm On Mar 09, 2012
Rapists and 'chancers' do not realise how much damage they do when they have their two minutes of fun! Many victims don't heal because there is no closure. I have a friend who was violated at 9 yrs by her step-dad. She was still crying when she recounted her ordeal at 63 years of age! She had spent the previous 45 years of her life caring for youngsters who would have been left homeless or prone to intimate abuse at home. She was a happy and strong person but that hurt and pain just never healed. Punishment for the offender or genuine repentance helps in healing the victim. Healing is very slow for victims in a society where they get blamed and mocked for their violation!

Rapists take strength in their victims silence! Victims need to speak out for their own sake and the protection of potential victims!

1 Like

Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by MyVicky: 8:03pm On Mar 09, 2012
29 years is a very long period of time. I don't need to sympathize with you anymore because, as someone rightly noted, you are triumphant already! I personally feel you should just let him be and face his judgment here on earth or hereafter except he repents and does necessary restitution to you. On your part, thumbs up to you for reaching out to him and I feel you should even find a place in your heart to forgive him and move on victoriously with your life. There are several complications with the idea of publishing his name and contacts and even if you eventually succeed in nailing the asinine guy, of what good will it be to you, that won't reverse the evil done and two wrongs don't make a right. Instead, strive to be the great woman you wanna be!
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Luvlee(f): 7:52am On Mar 10, 2012
Honestly it's so sad to read this. Mothers and fathers pls educate ur children so they can mke d right choices and be in d right place @ d tight time. Guys stop making hateful comments, it jst mkes u as bad as d rapist.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by queensmith: 11:50am On Mar 10, 2012
it happened 29 years ago and is still fresh in your mind, this is very sad indeed. Try to recover from it, some say it's a life long process, it is rap.e in that it takes soo many things from you, not just your virginity, your pride, your self esteem, your confidence, your dignity. Hopefully the culprit will respond and apologize, and even confess his sins given a chance, but if he doesnt I agree you do what you feel is right by you. You've been wronged, it's only fair you resolve it.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by WHAT3: 3:24pm On Mar 10, 2012
Please accept my sympathy and i pray GOD should help you over come this 29years of emotional trauma.

Since, we know how corrupt our legal system is and frustrating, we should learn to go spiritual: fasting and praying, no festish.

Since you have his name and picture, present it to GOD in prayer and lay CURSE on him!

You can do this as from Midnight, standing naked in your room, lay his picture on the ground, knee down, and cry to GOD with all sincerity

and lay CURSES on his life ONLY!
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by IHNetworks: 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2012
The OP was 18 years old in 1983.
So she's pushing 50 now.
Not to sound insensitive but shouldn't other happier experiences like getting married, having kids and career have overshadowed this unfortunate deed ?

I think she should try to look ahead at what life has in store for her, rather than reminisce on the scumbag. Life's too short.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by queensmith: 3:59pm On Mar 10, 2012
^^ have you been raped before?
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by ridgeman: 7:58pm On Mar 10, 2012
29 years is a long time to be walking around as a rapist,

if he raped 1 woman per year then that would/could be 29 women's lives destroyed. that is the bigger injustice

He could have had your sister, daughter, niece, cousin, etc etc

Truth is he is not alone there are many 'men' who feel it is their right to take what is not theirs,
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Realperson: 11:01am On Mar 11, 2012
Dear Poster,

I read your letter with keen interest. I will like to share my own story as well. I have a bad past... I have molested girls in my student days. We did it for fun and for 'rep' . We never knew the damage we were causing to these girls lives or infact there was no consequences as other people have stated. the girls just kept quiet. Now that I’m older and live in abroad, I now know that the actions i took were barbaric and i alongside other guys should have been banged up. i know it is not an acceptable defence but we did not know what we were doing: we thought if girls said NO they really meant Yes. On my own part, it is impossible to apologise to every girl i molested but i have sought forgiveness from God and now I’m guilt free. Now when i visit Nigeria, i talk to young boys on how to grow into respectable men. We made mistakes but they don’t have to follow the same path. When i look back at the things i did as a young boy: stealing parent's money, drink-driving, trying to get girls drunk so we can get into their pants etc i realise God is indeed merciful.
On your ordeal, what you need is closure. Either by approaching him to let him know the hurt he caused 29yrs ago. You may be surprised that he may even be a Pastor of a church now!. But my advice is that your closure should come from walking closer to God.

To our sisters that have been molested by young men (Paedophiles not included), i apologise on our behalf, we did not know the consequences of our actions. Young men need to be educated on these issues
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 11, 2012
Real person: Dear Poster,

I read your letter with keen interest. I will like to share my own story as well. I have a bad past... I have molested girls in my student days. We did it for fun and for 'rep' . We never knew the damage we were causing to these girls lives or infact there was no consequences as other people have stated. the girls just kept quiet. Now that I’m older and live in abroad, I now know that the actions i took were barbaric and i alongside other guys should have been banged up. i know it is not an acceptable defence but we did not know what we were doing: we thought if girls said NO they really meant Yes. On my own part, it is impossible to apologise to every girl i molested but i have sought forgiveness from God and now I’m guilt free. Now when i visit Nigeria, i talk to young boys on how to grow into respectable men. We made mistakes but they don’t have to follow the same path. When i look back at the things i did as a young boy: stealing parent's money, drink-driving, trying to get girls drunk so we can get into their pants etc i realise God is indeed merciful.
On your ordeal, what you need is closure. Either by approaching him to let him know the hurt he caused 29yrs ago. You may be surprised that he may even be a Pastor of a church now!. But my advice is that your closure should come from walking closer to God.

To our sisters that have been molested by young men (Paedophiles not included), i apologise on our behalf, we did not know the consequences of our actions. Young men need to be educated on these issues

Of course you knew what the consequences were even back then Sir!

You simply did not give a rat's a#rse because your mob operated as untouchables within a system that allowed - and still allows - impunity to reign.

So you turned to the G.O.D, feel all the better for it, and now counsel your victims (as well as OP) to do the same?
That's it? angry
Listen, I am all for rehabilitation but what about f#cuking recompense?
What about real atonement, which can be measured in deed – community work with victims or some form of restitution - as opposed to this false piety that serves a crutch for many a born-again Christian.

Your had a choice then Sir - just as I did when I faced down 5 drunkards who were determined to molest my cousin's girlfriend with his full consent more than two decades ago.
Asking @OP to suspend a reality she has lived with for 29 years simply because her tormentor, like yourself, might have morphed into a pastor is reprehensible, I tell you.
Despite your contrition, you were a coward then and appear to have remained so even with the passage of time

1 Like

Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by queensmith: 3:11pm On Mar 12, 2012
Real person: Dear Poster,

You had a lucky escape- dont ruin it by writing foolish letters, becoming an apologist or seeing yourself as some sort of mentor. You we're and probably still are sick in the head. Sit and think about that.
It's not too late for your daughters and sons to suffer worst fates so I'll advise you to be very careful.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by chioma134: 9:13am On Mar 14, 2012
@poster,I understand ur pain. It's hard for u to have closure cos u know this person. I've been raped b4,but in my case,it was a total stranger who I don't know till today. And God has given me d closure I need.
Take ur pains to God. Pray for him,in love. Let God avenge you,don't try to help Him. It's not cowardice to forgive,rather it takes more courage than u can ever think possible. And may God's peace keep ur heart n mind.
Shalom.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 22, 2015
I reserve my comments.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 23, 2015
@real person,u knew wat u were doing then and just didn't care cuz u felt u couldn't be touch...if u have kids then God will surely repay u,wah happened to me 11years ago will happened to them.Your female kids will be held down and rape in public
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by oladimeji0078(m): 8:31am On Oct 27, 2015
You try, why did you wait this long
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by thomasjoe(m): 2:36am On Oct 24, 2023
Mollytee:
Below is the Email I wrote to the person who violated me 29 years ago .

Dear G
Finally I was able to track you down Thanks to facebook .
You will never believe this letter is coming your way because you seem to have planned and executed a perfect crime and got away with it for 29 years . But the victim ( name witheld ) still remember it vividly like yesterday . Cast your mind mind back to 12.30am Friday October 7th 1983 and here is my reflection of the day .
" I was a virgin till I was about 18. the reason was that in my thinking , I will only loose my virginity to the one I marry, but alas, when I finished high school, I got a freelance job at OSRC and dated a guy called (KA) I told him I was a virgin and he was proud of it and boasted about it with his friends. One night , As we finished night shift, one of his friends G O ( G- funk ) Who was then 32 year old Station DJ and my friend's boyfriend offered to take me home and He violated me on the way. It changed things for me for good " I could not tell anyone as people would asked what was I doing in his car . It would become a cultural embarrassment and a victim would be victimized more and more and called name like slut " There is the pervasive culture of silence on issue of girls intimate abuse by the strong , powerful and well connected elite in Nigeria

You GO fall in the category of the well connected that abuses young and innocent girls . Even though you did not have any personal achievement or qualification at working in OSRC but you have a well connected uncle

Congratulations on getting away with violation .I have been told that you said it was consensual and that you were really drunk and this was your excuse. You are only lucky that Nigeria is so behind the times and that the criminal justice system doesn't work to make person like you to go to jail .

We all know what happened. You lured me away from my friends by pretending that you are giving me a ride after work at OSRC, You convinced me to get into your car. You knew that you were going to Be Intimate with me whether I wanted it or not. because It would be a trophy for you to have sex with a virgin . You brutalised me ,savaged my body so much that I couldn't sit down for days without pain. You bruised me . You did all this while I begged you to stop over and over again. You knew you were hurting me, in fact the more you hurt me the more excited you got. I pulled a muscle in my pelvis trying to get away from you so don't pretend that I wanted it.
I tried to get you off me but It's your time of madness and your bruit force prevails .
Remember when you stopped for a second after ages of begging and looking straight into your eyes , you just pushed me back down on on the ground and continue your evil did.
You knew exactly what you were doing. Tell me, how is it that you are able to leave with this guilt over this years without seeking atonement of your transgressions ?
You have no idea the pain you have caused me, my family and friends.Who has to tolerate my unstable mind set for 29 years.You killed my joy ,my happiness and you simply killed my soul that day

I hope one day you are in fear for your life, then will you have some idea of what it was like for me that night . You should face me and explain yourself. You should face your coward action You treated me like I wasn't even human, you wouldn't treat an animal the way you treated me , but it's you that isn't human, I'm is more of a person than you will ever be.

You may think that you have gotten away with it but someday it will come back on you ten fold and you will get what you deserve to be in jail . I'm not afraid of you again and your puerile connection . You can not hurt me anymore.

Why didn't you report him then ?
Let go and let God take control

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Depressed House Wife Needs Urgent Advice / T / Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.