Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? (24541 Views)

Poll: Who is the best?

Christiano Ronaldo: 27% (3 votes)
Lionel Messi: 72% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

I Gave My Vote To Christiano Ronaldo But Shocked To Hear I Voted Messi-players / Arjen Robben Is Better Than Lionel Messi / Man-u Lose To Kaizer Chiefs On Pens, But Where Is Christiano? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by ddippset(m): 12:28pm On Mar 08, 2012
Anyone bringing up this debate is surely a ronaldo fan and is deliberately trying to be mischievous.secondly thou shall never write the name ronaldo before the name messi. Never! It is sacriledge.ronaldo should win a tea spoon for portugal, then compare. Ronaldo should prove himself individually in the champions league then compare, ronaldo should win 3 ballon d'ors then compare,ronaldo should start getting comparisms with maradona and pele then compare. But until then kill this debate and quit with the petty market woman arguments such as this can score penalties, this should go to epl, that can use head that cannot, all thrash.

1 Like

Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by betty009(f): 12:33pm On Mar 08, 2012
I am Miss Betty Bill, I work with Dell Company here in the United State of America (Chicago Branch)

Sir it have come to my notice that Electronics sell very well there in West Africa, meaning that Nigeria is the place were Electronics is highly required in the Market.

i have decided to look our for God fearing and humble Nigerian, due to i am planning on establishing a Whole Sales and Retailers buying site there in Nigeria, where Nigerians can buy it cheap and easy.

These men are to represent the me there in Nigeria and each will handle each selling site there

But first, i will give each man a try by sending little quantity of the products to them and if you can sell and send the money back, then you have created a trust.

If you are interested you are to forward any required information to my mail
Full Name:
to (bettybill98@yahoo.com)
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by purplekayc(m): 12:41pm On Mar 08, 2012
They r both different players
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by Esinwaju: 1:05pm On Mar 08, 2012
To those of you saying Messi should prove himself in the epl, if Aguerro, Silva, Suarez and Mata can run riot in the epl then imagine what El Messias will do. The above players are not even on Messi's level yet they are one of the most dangerous players in the epl. Think about it.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by narttis1: 1:09pm On Mar 08, 2012
No doubt both of them are stars, but like we all know, stars belong to galaxies.I'll say they belong to different galaxies. Messi is in a higher galaxy. its as simple as that.
END OF ARGUMENT!
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by Domwiz4all(m): 1:10pm On Mar 08, 2012
la furia:

not easy to say who is bettter them becos there are certain things messi does Cr7 cant do and also certain things Cr7 does that messi cant do. one thing they both have in common is consisteny. what makes one than than the other is what they win at the end of the season. if Cr7 shld win the champions league plus the laliga, he will win the world best. same for messi
1. long range shot: CR7 is better
2. short range shot: messi better
3.ability to take on defenders: messi is better
4.abilty to run pass defenders: CR7 is better
5.heading from set piece: CR7 better
6 free kick: Cr7 is better
7. team work plus assist: messi is better
8. penalty taking: CR7 is better
9. one on one with goal keepers: meesi is better:
10. strength and balance: messi is better
The list goes on and on
generally both are delight to watch and they both deliver for their clubs. check their goal statistics for their present clubs, just awesome.
note: just my opinion  
U said it all. Dia rating all depend on dia club achievement. And each of dem is unique in his own way.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by elampiro(m): 1:22pm On Mar 08, 2012
DEAR
« #26 on: Today at 12:13:40 PM »

I am Miss Betty Bill, I work with Dell Company here in the United State of America (Chicago Branch)

Sir it have come to my notice that Electronics sell very well there in West Africa, meaning that Nigeria is the place were Electronics is highly required in the Market.

i have decided to look our for God fearing and humble Nigerian, due to i am planning on establishing a Whole Sales and Retailers buying site there in Nigeria, where Nigerians can buy it cheap and easy.

These men are to represent the me there in Nigeria and each will handle each selling site there

But first, i will give each man a try by sending little quantity of the products to them and if you can sell and send the money back, then you have created a trust.

If you are interested you are to forward any required information to my mail
Full Name:
to (bettybill98@yahoo.com)

Moderator, please delete this scammer before nairalanders fall victim.

1 Like

Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by Yorisb: 1:22pm On Mar 08, 2012
Its like saying Egusi Soup is better than Mango and/or vice versa. It makes no sense whatsoever!
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by olawalebabs(m): 1:24pm On Mar 08, 2012
C9 is a legend in his own right, only that he came at the wrong time.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by elampiro(m): 1:27pm On Mar 08, 2012
They should take Messi away from Xavi, Iniester, and the rest, then let's see. Ronaldo has performed in Man U (EPL) and Madrid (Laliga).

Messi should take a challenge by going to a club like Milan or Chelsea.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by LEXYLOV: 1:46pm On Mar 08, 2012
Both are good. undecided
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by merengue: 1:50pm On Mar 08, 2012
You people should leave King Leo alone, he has not proclaimed himself to be the greatest ever so why are u taking Panadol for another man's headache? I am a die hard Madridrista but lets be honest, LM10 is way better than CR7. The washed up argument that he has not won the World Cup is idiotic, what have CR7,RVP, Rooney and co. done at national team level? You keep saying without Xavi and Iniesta, he would not win anytin. W/out Ronaldo, Rivaldo and co, Ronaldinho would never have won the WC. Without Vieira, Deschamps, Petit, Thuram and co, Zidane would never have won the WC. Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria and co should also step up.

2 Likes

Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by emmatok(m): 1:57pm On Mar 08, 2012
odiaero:

^^That is why i said when it comes to Lig, messi

The game(Argentina vs Switzerland) I posted is current(Wednesday, February 29th ).
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by AlabaSlim: 2:11pm On Mar 08, 2012
merciless 'M£€$$¡'
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by sebod(m): 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2012
Giggs,Scholes,Totti are all great without playing for more clubs i wonder why its always diffrent when it comes to Messi.
if David silva could perform better in EPL than LALIGA why will Messi not perform there.its all about sentiment when Messi comes to play.
All those that call for him playing elsewhere would have proclaimed him the best in history if he was there favourite club player.
we can always check their head to head performance and see who really is better.

1 Like

Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by sebod(m): 2:13pm On Mar 08, 2012
Giggs,Scholes,Totti are all great without playing for more clubs i wonder why its always diffrent when it comes to Messi.
if David silva could perform better in EPL than LALIGA why will Messi not perform there.its all about sentiment when Messi comes to play.
All those that call for him playing elsewhere would have proclaimed him the best in history if he was there favourite club player.
we can always check their head to head performance and see who really is better.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by fili24: 2:16pm On Mar 08, 2012
Messi is like Merlin on the football pitch,
Greatest ever!
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by fili24: 2:18pm On Mar 08, 2012
@ OP

Ask Pepe, Marcelo, Ramos, Cassilas
Lets not 4get the Arsenal defenders too
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by fili24: 2:25pm On Mar 08, 2012
Ronaldo won the ballon d 'or because Messi was out injured
He will always be second best to Messi.

Same happened when Henry was at his prime, there was
Zidane!
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by INAHJOSEP(m): 2:26pm On Mar 08, 2012
People dat said messi should leave barca nd prove his worth in another club are d ones dat can best be described as LABH(lazy-assed-blody-haters).
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by fili24: 2:31pm On Mar 08, 2012
@ INAH

you're right, messi already made the Epl defenders look stupid
when he scored 4 against Arsenal, one of the best team in Epl
they also forgot the champions league final against man u, he was the man of d match
I don't know what they expect from him again.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by sebod(m): 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2012
whot is spectacular about epl?
David Silva,Mata,Aguerro were all normal players in laliga
now they are the super stars in their clubs in epl
and yet Messi cannot perform in that epl.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by ddippset(m): 2:35pm On Mar 08, 2012
Is messi can perform so excellently in the champions league y not that over hyped kick and rush epl? Where u have the likes of silva, aguero,mata, arteta, suarez sodomising defenders week in week out. And then messi wouldn't cut it? Haters pls!messi is sorry for what he done to man u, arsenal and chelsea.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by coolguyz(m): 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2012
i dont think its messi's fault he started his league debut with the best club. You all say he should leave barcelona and i ask. . . .to where?

C. Ronaldo cut it in EPL but still had to go to spain to have the complete feel (la liga - the league for champions and legends) wink

Zidane after the sojourn in Italy had to go to where? spain to become world acclaimed (why did he not come to EPL so you can approve him as being the best) undecided

Ronaldo de Lima. . . did same thing, left spain but still had to return back to it wink

You dont move backwards in life. . . . .even Mourinho needed EPL as a stepping stone to boost CV before he can take up the Real madrid job. Its like saying Mourinho should go coach Stoke city and win the champions league before reckoning with him as a good coach.

For Messi to move out of barcelona. . . . .he needs a club to be ready for him not him being ready for the club. . . .what has he got to prove.

and when you all talk national team. . . .Messi has won honours for his country at the height of age grade competitions when Ronaldo was still an unknown out field player struggling in man utd shirt. what has ronaldo won for portugal?

both player are fantastic but to pull messi down cos of hate is a sin against the good work of God!

1 Like

Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by akanbijm: 2:52pm On Mar 08, 2012
haba- The difference is clear that MESSI is better than Ronaldo but ROLNADO is good too.Missi,Messi short man devil
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by Killz3(m): 2:56pm On Mar 08, 2012
Let's look at it this way, imagine removing messi from barca and then swapping him for ronaldo in real madrid. . . Who would perform better when swapped?  Be honest to your self and then you'll have an answer. . . wink
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by swagalish: 2:58pm On Mar 08, 2012
Messi is far better than ronaldo in all areas u can think about.

Even in country messi is still better, Argentina is yet to have a good coach like Portugal.

Character wise messi is better. Ronaldo hot tempered and easily frustrated when is team is losing.

But in messi u cannot find such.

U cannot compare both.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by Tnot(m): 3:06pm On Mar 08, 2012
Even C.RONALDO KNOWs that MESI is the BEST

Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by charleous(m): 3:16pm On Mar 08, 2012
messi is the best person i've seenm play football. end of arguement
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by olawalebabs(m): 3:21pm On Mar 08, 2012
There was is joke, where Messi was asked, "is it true that the god of soccer send C9 to teach the world how to play soccer?", Messi replied: "I can't recall that I did such thing".
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by karpentar: 3:25pm On Mar 08, 2012
At the moment none, over the past 7 years, every season an English team gets to the UCL final,  except 2010. Messi should move out of Barcelona to prove himself,  Zidane, Rivaldo, Ronaldo de Lima all did,

This is an unrealistic suggestion. What on earth would motivate messi to move to another league? He has consistently defeated teams from these other leagues. I wonder why he will then leave barca and go to, say ManU that he keeps slaughtering or arsenal that he shipped in 4 goals, is it Ac Milan, he has also defeated? Which league on earth do you advice messi to go? Ronaldo that you claimed to be better than messi, just because he played in England, has anybody ever compared him to maradona or pele? Only messi is compared with these greats for obvious reason. And you are here exhibiting your sentiments. I am sure you are either a mauhrino fanatical follower or a Manunited fan, where Ronaldo played before. Again, since your Ronaldo came to Madrid, what major trophy has he won there and how many times has his team defeated messi's team? Yet you want people to join your sentiments and believe that ronaldo is better then messi, just because, he has played in another league? Rubbish. From your argument, I am sure Ryan gigs must be the worst footballer in the world for playing in only Manu all his career? If you agree with this, then, I will consider your point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs West Ham (2 - 0) On 15th December 2021 / Luton Vs Arsenal (3 - 4) On 5th December 2023 / Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.