Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? (24542 Views)

Poll: Who is the best?

Christiano Ronaldo: 27% (3 votes)
Lionel Messi: 72% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

I Gave My Vote To Christiano Ronaldo But Shocked To Hear I Voted Messi-players / Arjen Robben Is Better Than Lionel Messi / Man-u Lose To Kaizer Chiefs On Pens, But Where Is Christiano? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by elampiro(m): 6:36pm On Mar 08, 2012
Medjai,

Those guys may be good but they do not know how to get results as much as Giggs, Scholes and co. Giggs will give you and intelligent pass that he alone brought from the outer space. Those guys in Madrid are just learning now. They are getting there gradually.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by Esinwaju: 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2012
@elampiro. You think Portugal would have made it that far at the 2006 without the other guys.? I'm talking about Figo, Deco. Simao Sabrosa, Cavalho, Ferrera etc.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by elampiro(m): 6:42pm On Mar 08, 2012
Good night ohhhhhh.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by Abbycite(m): 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2012
Actually to be fair to others players, Ronaldo is d best player from dis planet, u can't consider Messi among them, he is from somewhere else, *just saying* And to set d record straight, for those of u dat said messi cannot play for his national team, what has ronaldo done for portugal? Even maradona and pele did not win d champions league, so give him a break, he is just 24 years old, how many great players has achieved what he has achieved at his age including ronaldo, for everything ronaldo won in his career, messi has won thrice *check ur record* I THINK C RONALDO WILL LATER REALIZED DAT, IT IS AN HONOUR TO BE COMPARE WITH MESSI. #argument closed#
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by thoniann(m): 7:07pm On Mar 08, 2012
Those 2 fellows are not going to last in the sands of time. They cannot be "great" until the tow the line of other "great men" like Pele,Maradona,Ronaldo de Lima, Ronaldinho,Zinedine Zidane, Del Piero. These men have won trophies for their countries, continentally and world cup.
As far as I'm concerned they are both fooling themselves in Spain.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by medjai(m): 7:14pm On Mar 08, 2012
elampiro:

Medjai,

Those guys may be good but they do not know how to get results as much as Giggs, Scholes and co. Giggs will give you and intelligent pass that he alone brought from the outer space. Those guys in Madrid are just learning now. They are getting there gradually.
Compared to Alonso, Scholes is an apprentice when it comes to the passing business.

Of the 11 players that made up the FIFPRO XI, 4 are madrid players - Casillas, Marcelo, Alonso and Ronaldo. . . Ronaldo equally plays in a world class team.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by mamagee3(f): 7:23pm On Mar 08, 2012
Why did you post this after messi's match?

Why didn't you post this after ronaldo scored a brilliant hatrick against levante or after osasuna defeated barcelona?

biased dude! grin
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by mamagee3(f): 7:32pm On Mar 08, 2012
ronaldo is better

Did anyone notice how messi was performing when Xavi was out injured and watching barca's matches from the sidelines? grin

I'm talking about his performance from late december through late february, barcelona's matches were always ending in a loss or draw, messi was nowhere to be seen on the pitch.

The moment Xavi returns, messi began scoring goals like a mad dog. lol

Shows who is better, CR7>>>>>>>>>>>MESSI
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by ddippset(m): 7:39pm On Mar 08, 2012
What do u mean about penaldo looking for challenges?you do not look for challenges by jumping from one billion dollar club to another. Ronal or sorry penaldo should take the challenge of moving to fulham or west brom or levante or osasuna and score 100 goals there. That would be a better challenge for him.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by godys(m): 7:40pm On Mar 08, 2012
Christiano is better dan Messi
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by dayokanu(m): 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2012
Why should Messi go to another club to prove what?

WOuld a student leave harvard for LASU to prove he is good?
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by thoniann(m): 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2012
And Messi should move to Racing Satander and score 2 hat tricks there.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by ddippset(m): 7:48pm On Mar 08, 2012
Penaldo should show his 3 ballon d ors or an olympic medal. That's by the way. Nowadays we do not discuss messi,penaldo we discuss messi,maradona,pele.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by elampiro(m): 8:00pm On Mar 08, 2012
ddippset:

Penaldo should show his 3 ballon d ors or an olympic medal. That's by the way. Nowadays we do not discuss messi,penaldo we discuss messi,maradona,pele.

Messi is not in that category. Pele played four world cups and won three. He only lost it when he got injured. Maradonna won one, got silver in another out of the four he played. When Messi and Ronaldo win world cup they can aplly to move up the ladder. For now they remain like Platini and Zico.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by ddippset(m): 8:02pm On Mar 08, 2012
Its not about messi going to santander. No be una wan tell us say penaldo no get good players? No be una de tell us say penaldo de look for challenges? Na my say make him go find challenge for fulham or osasuna now. Abi?
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by elampiro(m): 8:04pm On Mar 08, 2012
Ronaldo is a man. Let Messi try a billion club at all like Chelsea, let's see what he can do.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by seunofGod: 8:04pm On Mar 08, 2012
Nigerians, u wil nt stop majoring on d minor, why dont u all arguing abt ur younger bros who can buy u think abt wat u can be best in. Think about ur lives bros(es).
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by mamagee3(f): 8:06pm On Mar 08, 2012
elampiro:

ddippset:

Messi is not in that category. Pele played four world cups and won three. He only lost it when he got injured. Maradonna won one, got silver in another out of the four he played. When Messi and Ronaldo win world cup they can aplly to move up the ladder. For now they remain like Platini and Zico.
You're discussing messi with pele.

You're discussing messi who has 0 goals in the world cup to a man who single-handedly lifted the world cup at age 17 and lifted two more after that.

You're a delusional, beclouded messi bandwagoner.

Even ronaldo is better than messi when it comes to world cups.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by iiiyyyk(m): 8:19pm On Mar 08, 2012
torres was so gooooood b4 he came to chealse

we will know how good messi is when he goes to another club.

i don't believe fifa is a better judge than myself.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by ddippset(m): 8:23pm On Mar 08, 2012
Mama gee mama gee mama gee. Messi comparison with maradona and pele; I did not start it and I will not end it. Its an international argument.Am quite sure you see it on ur tv screen every day but I assure you of one thing;I know uve been around for donkey years but you will never in your lifetime see nor hear a penaldo maradona pele comparison.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 08, 2012
Ronaldo is way better than Messi
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by apalemighty(m): 8:34pm On Mar 08, 2012
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than
Lionel Messi?
« #21 on: Today at 12:07:45 PM »
Ronaldo all the way. It is incontestable. He is
a complete footballer. I guess people are
rating based on likelihood of scoring goals.
Ronaldo is a player to watch anywhere
anytime. Very skillful (up and down) with
the ball.
Fool, na ronaldo get goal average pass. Messi is just a magician[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by tunero1010(m): 8:36pm On Mar 08, 2012
Why is some of you saying that untill messi moves to epl, even players that are not popular in laliga the likes of silva, yaya, aguero, mata, van der vaat even the team B of barca(romeru) in chelsea are now key players in epl how much more their king messi?or dnt u also think that ferguson should also leave man u? I think u guys should leave sentiment behind and accept the pain that messi is da best right now
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by medjai(m): 8:46pm On Mar 08, 2012
mama-gee:

You're discussing messi with pele.

You're discussing messi who has 0 goals in the world cup to a man who single-handedly lifted the world cup at age 17 and lifted two more after that.

You're a delusional, beclouded messi bandwagoner.

Even ronaldo is better than messi when it comes to world cups.

Messi scored vs Serbia in the 2006 WC.

Like I suspected, the Ronaldo fans know nothing about football. No wonder they think Ronaldo is the best player to walk the face of the earth.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by lanreSamson: 8:52pm On Mar 08, 2012
This is clearly an insult on Messi. They say person na 3time and reigning World footballer of the year. Yet you are asking if someone else is better. It's like asking between Lion and Tiger who is stronger even when you know the Lion is the king of the jungle. Dem say person old pass you, you say sebi na just few years. Hahahahahaha.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by merengue: 9:24pm On Mar 08, 2012
@elampiro: You are a disgrace to yourself!!! I am a true Merengue but LM10 owns CR7 lock, stock and barrel. Maldini, Giggs, Gerrard, Zanetti, Totti, Casillas, Raul (until he was forced out), Scholes all played for one team all their lives so what nonsense are you vomiting? For you to ridicule class acts like Ozil, Higuain, Benzema, Di Maria, Kaka, Alonso and co shows how little you know. Against the biggest teams in the world (R.Madrid, Man U, Arsenal, Ac Milan, Bayern Munich) Messi always delivers. What has Ronaldo done for his country; Figo, Rui Costa, Nuno Gomes and co carried Portugal to the Euro 2004 final, not CR7. He was anonymous at S/A 2010, when Portugal entered the 2006 W/C semi-final, Luis Figo and not CR7 carried that team. They qualified for Euro 2012 via play-offs. That senile old man: Pele is always trying to down grade Messi b'cos he knows the boy is out of this world. Over sabi Wenger called him the best, Rooney (CR7's former team mate) also says the same so who u be?

1 Like

Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by ginas: 9:25pm On Mar 08, 2012
common, are we not tired of this same debate over & over again?

the fact is that both players are exceptional

lets leave it at that.

case closed.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by jjjkkkooo: 10:04pm On Mar 08, 2012
When it comes to overall discipline, individual skill and team work, I think Messi is better.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by Sagamite(m): 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2012
octavian:

@OP, i will stick with Ronaldo,  He's an entertainer, the only footballer in the history of EPL to have won World Footballer of the Year. He moved to spain and still competing every season for the best.  To clear all doubts,i think what you should ask is this: If Messi were to move out of Barcelona will he be the best or a shadow or himself?

The way people make senseless points is shocking.

So the fact someone is the only one from a league to have won WPoTY makes it more significant?
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by Sagamite(m): 10:47pm On Mar 08, 2012
A more sensible question is to be comparing Christiano Ronaldo to Thierry Henry, Ronaldinho and the other Ronaldo.

Messi should only be compared to Maradona and Pele.

1 Like

Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by karlxavier(m): 3:27am On Mar 09, 2012
hmmm,dis topic is really interesting as far as i'm concerned. @ my vicky,i really love ur statement. because u didnt allow the love u have for cr7 to becloud ur mind, the truth shall set u free. Cr7 is a exceptional player as far as i'm concerned but d majestic lionel messi is just too technical for ronaldo. Has the ability to take on 5 defenders alone. The boy is sensational and shows full brilliance. Definitely the best of all time.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by VUVUZELA10: 3:55am On Mar 09, 2012
The difference is clear. Christiano Ronaldo is the best. Transfer Messi to EPL if he will perform. Why is Messi not at his best in Argentina National team? Please, let us be objective, CR 7 has proved his worth in three countries namely Portugal, England and Spain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs West Ham (2 - 0) On 15th December 2021 / Luton Vs Arsenal (3 - 4) On 5th December 2023 / Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.