Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi (14954 Views)

Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered / Boko Haram Deny Involvement In Kidnapping Of British And Italian Victims / Al-qaeda Abducts British And Italian In Birnin-kebbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by faithin9ja: 6:32pm On Mar 08, 2012
Sky news reporting that British and Italian hostage killed in Northern Nigeria, in a joint operation by Britsh and Nigerian special forces, anybody able to confirm?
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by faithin9ja: 6:35pm On Mar 08, 2012
Apparently hostages taken since May 2011, Downing Street has confirmed death of 'one' British citizen
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by faithin9ja: 6:40pm On Mar 08, 2012
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by faithin9ja: 6:46pm On Mar 08, 2012
British Prime Minister has had a television announcement that Britsh citizen and Italian citizen murdered by captors. The Britsh PM says he personally authorised the rescue effort with the Nigerian authorities and he thanked President Jonathan for Nigerian cooperation.
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 08, 2012
what about the hostage takers?
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by faithin9ja: 6:50pm On Mar 08, 2012
Current information no casualties on either Nigerian or British forces, but several casualties on the hostage takers side.
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by LogicMind: 6:58pm On Mar 08, 2012
Boko Haram?
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by otokx(m): 6:59pm On Mar 08, 2012
Not good for our National image.
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by faithin9ja: 7:00pm On Mar 08, 2012
Suspected Boko Haram, the idiots have not claimed it though
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by Sunofgod(m): 7:11pm On Mar 08, 2012
Just heard that bast.ard 'Cameron' say he authorised an operation on Nigerian soil - Fc.uk him

How dare he?

He must think Nigeria is Ireland or Scotland.

Boko - Well done on this occassion.

Boko Haram (1) - SAS/SSS - (Nil)
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by otokx(m): 7:12pm On Mar 08, 2012
This is not Boko Haram; we should start looking beyond political rhetoric. These people had been kidnapped since May last year for Christs sake; why was not a ransom paid to get them free?
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by Dainfamous: 7:19pm On Mar 08, 2012
they have entered northern part of nigeria AFRICOM here we come wink
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by Jakumo(m): 7:28pm On Mar 08, 2012
Sun of god:

Just heard that bast.ard 'Cameron' say he authorised an operation on Nigerian soil - Fc.uk him

How dare he?

Get used to it sir, and stop bleating. Anyone who phucks with UK citizens will feel the heat of retaliation, regardless of where they may choose to hide on the globe. There is a new sheriff in town, so don't give him reason to form a posse and gun for you.

If you are fretting over UK special forces operating on Nigerian soil, you will chit your pants when Uncle Sam's Predator drones abandon their observer status and let fly with a few precisely aimed missiles to neutralize terror threats located on Nigerian soil. Only terrorists need fear the Long Arm of The Law, so fear not, young grasshopper, unless of course you have terrorist sympathies, in which case your goose is as good as cooked.
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by faithin9ja: 7:31pm On Mar 08, 2012
@Otox Britain and American governments publically say they do not pay ransomes, they rather negotiate or risk their own troops to release their citizens.

@sun of god, there we go with our usual Nigerian arrogance, the British PM has to give his personal authority to use British troops, your own Nigerian President will also give his authority, it was a joint operation. Why has your own President not given his broadcast for the deaths of many Nigerians in the past week alone at the hands of Boko Haram?
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by justwise(m): 7:32pm On Mar 08, 2012
Sun of god:

How dare he?

Boko - Well done on this occassion.

Boko Haram (1) - SAS/SSS - (Nil)

All your brothers were killed in the same operation, so they did not kill the hostages and get away with it.
Happy now?
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by bittyend(m): 7:38pm On Mar 08, 2012
@faithin9ja

Who are you and where are you from to refer to Nigeria as "your"?

If you're not Nigeria, why can't take your stupid story to poundland.com or dailymail.co.uk?!? The honest truth is that, no one in Nigeria cares about this non-story. R.I.P to the dead - but Nigerians could give two fu.cks about this news. If the same British didn't make the North as powerful as it is today - maybe this would never have happened.

Now, crawl back to your hole and change your name to "fathinUKaAaClownB4BnpGetsMe."
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by Dede1(m): 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2012
I hope the Boko Haram also killed the members of British Special Forces involved in the rescue operation.
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by justwise(m): 7:43pm On Mar 08, 2012
bittyend:

@faithin9ja

Who are you and where are you from to refer to Nigeria as "your"?

If you're not Nigeria, why can't take your silly story to poundland.com or dailymail.co.uk?!? The honest truth is that, no one in Nigeria cares about this non-story. R.I.P to the dead - but Nigerians could give two fu.cks about this news. If the same British didn't make the North as powerful as it is today - maybe this would never have happened.
Now, crawl back to your hole and change your name to "fathinUKaAaClownB4BnpGetsMe."

Disgraceful, blame everybody else apart from your evil brothers who enjoys wasting lives.
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by justwise(m): 7:44pm On Mar 08, 2012
Dede1:

I hope the Boko Haram also killed the members of British Special Forces involved in the rescue operation.   

No the good news is that Boko Haram members were all killed. Happy?
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by bittyend(m): 7:44pm On Mar 08, 2012

Grandpa dede, please don't pray for that to happen because many Nigerians living in that vicinity will be collateral damage. Just pray the SAS didn't kill too many Nigerians for the sole British life they lost.

I bet if the hostage was a pseudo-British (black British) - they won't be bothered.
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by bittyend(m): 7:49pm On Mar 08, 2012
Disgraceful, blame everybody else apart from your evil brothers who enjoys wasting lives.

You sound like a phucking mug. Why are you so anti-Nigeria on a Nigerian forum?? Too quick to talk down on a Nigerian. I'm more British than you will ever be but I'll never talk down on a Nigerian because that's home, clown.

Nigerians have been dying for months, yet they didn't make the front page on Sky news - 2 people who shouldn't be in the volatile Northern Nigeria in the first place died, so all Nigerians have to start crying, huh? Get a life!!
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by bittyend(m): 7:52pm On Mar 08, 2012
@justwise

Why can't you blame your parents for being too stupid to teach you about self-consciousness and being proud of your skin and heritage?? GTFOH!! Don't come here talking down on Nigerians and Nigeria, you phucking pillock.

R.I.P to the dead!!
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by faithin9ja: 7:52pm On Mar 08, 2012
@bittyend  I say 'your' because the person I was responding to was making unnecessary noises about another country's PM,  I also said 'your' because somebody will soon come on to this forum and start calling 'our' President a retard or slowpoke.

My friend we cannot continue to blame the British, Americans, Ghanaians or anyone else for our problems. So insult me all you like but the fact remains the country is becoming more dangerous by the day and our society is continually losing the scantily of life. You may not care that 2 foreigners were killed in your country but what have you or 'our' government done for the Nigerians killed by Boko Haram, MEND, armed robbers, avoidable road accidents, etc.

Unless you are telling me life is cheap, maybe it is to you, but me I value every life, even the 'foolish' Boko Haram lives.
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by Sunofgod(m): 7:52pm On Mar 08, 2012
A British hostage was killed during an attempted rescue mission in Nigeria, David Cameron said.

The effort to free Chris McManus, from the North West of England, and an Italian hostage was launched by Nigerian forces with the assistance of the UK.

The Prime Minister said the pair appeared to have died at the hands of their captors, either before or during the course of the rescue bid.

It was launched after the UK received credible information about their whereabouts and that their lives were under increasing threat, a spokeswoman said.

There have been a number of foreigners kidnapped while working in Nigeria in recent years.

In September 2008 two Britons were held by the Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta.

A Scottish oil worker was abducted and his guard killed in April 2009, in the Rivers State capital Port Harcourt.

Three Britons and a Colombian were kidnapped in January 2010 and in November of the same year, four men from the US, Canada and France were taken 7.5 miles offshore on the Okoro field.

In January last year two French hostages were kidnapped from Niamey, the capital of neighbouring Niger to Nigeria's north.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/british-hostage-killed-in-failed-nigeria-rescue-7545891.html
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by justwise(m): 7:53pm On Mar 08, 2012
bittyend:

You sound like a phucking mug. Why are you so anti-Nigeria on a Nigerian forum?? Too quick to talk down on a Nigerian. I'm more British than you will ever be but I'll never talk down on a Nigerian because that's home, clown.

Nigerians have been dying for months, yet they didn't make the front page on Sky news - 2 people who shouldn't be in the volatile Northern Nigeria in the first place died, so all Nigerians have to start crying, huh? Get a life!!

You are a bloody plonker, who told that i'm British? Why should Skynews be the first to carry the news of Nigerian death? What happened to NTA and other independent news channels in Nigeria? Just get over your confused self.
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by babsjnr(m): 7:54pm On Mar 08, 2012
Shame on nigerian
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by Sunofgod(m): 7:55pm On Mar 08, 2012
I'm sure they were killed by their so called liberators.

Anyway, their blood is on GEJ/Camerons head.
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by bittyend(m): 7:56pm On Mar 08, 2012
@bittyend  I say 'your' because the person I was responding to was making unnecessary noises about another country's PM,  I also said 'your' because somebody will soon come on to this forum and start calling 'our' President a slowpoke or slowpoke.

My friend we cannot continue to blame the British, Americans, Ghanaians or anyone else for our problems. So insult me all you like but the fact remains the country is becoming more dangerous by the day and our society is continually losing the scantily of life. You may not care that 2 foreigners were killed in your country but what have you or 'our' government done for the Nigerians killed by Boko Haram, MEND, armed robbers, avoidable road accidents, etc.

Unless you are telling me life is cheap, maybe it is to you, but me I value every life, even the 'foolish' Boko Haram lives.

Using "your" for your own country is narcissistic!! There is no harm in saying "our" - because the tragedy happened in Nigeria, and the clueless President is still our President.
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by justwise(m): 7:57pm On Mar 08, 2012
bittyend:

@justwise

Why can't you blame your parents for being too silly to teach you about self-consciousness and being proud of your skin and heritage?? GTFOH!! Don't come here talking down on Nigerians and Nigeria, you phucking pillock.

R.I.P to the dead!!

You are a waste of space, ''R.I.P the dead''and at the same time you said no Nigerian gives a phuck about the news? You are just a massive fool.
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by bittyend(m): 8:00pm On Mar 08, 2012
You are a bloody plonker, who told that i'm British? Why should Skynews be the first to carry the news of Nigerian death? What happened to NTA and other independent news channels in Nigeria? Just get over your confused self.

Is that the best you can dish you, you fake British wannabe. Why should NTA or other news channel be the first to carry the news?? And is that why you have to talk down on your own country and its citizens?? You're dumber than I initially thought, you low-self esteem having son of a cum face slut.
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by bittyend(m): 8:03pm On Mar 08, 2012
You are a waste of space, ''R.I.P the dead''and at the same time you said no Nigerian gives a phuck about the news? You are just a massive fool.

Listen mate, R.I.P to the dead - but you don't expect Nigerians to leave what they're doing because a "white" guy was held hostage in the middle of nowhere - just as no British guy would gives a phuck when Shell was destroying Niger/Delta and the innocent people were dying of hunger.
Re: British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi by faithin9ja: 8:04pm On Mar 08, 2012
@bittyend it's a tragedy now!!!!!  I thought you sais nobody cares about these deaths. Your utterances are like that of a person who has not experienced life, it's like death is a video game to you. I do not pray for you or anyone in your close family to experience kidnapping, violent death or any such thing. If you did you will call for help from anywhere, you will even ask your enemy to help if your loved one is in danger but now on a keyboard in the safety of your house you will abuse anybody, after all you are not at any risk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Salami Panel Recommends Magu's Sack, Submits Report / Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim / Nigeria Warns Foreign Diplomats Against Approaching Buhari And Osinbajo Directly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.