Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode (12807 Views)

If I Were You,i'd Be Too Ashamed To Mock Change: Oby Ezekwesili (photo) / Lagos Born Igbo Boy Views / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Kizilala: 10:33am On Mar 09, 2012
You guys should ignore eko ile.He is an in bred.A dirty Yoruba pig.A product of an incestous relationship.A shriveled maggot.This bastard and tribalistic moderators will never ban him because he is one of them.Eko ile,may the gods strike you with leprosy
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Afam4eva(m): 10:36am On Mar 09, 2012
Fani Kayode is simply playing to the gallery the way i see it. He's one man that knows how to hop on the latest finest bus to gain some kind of credibility. If he's not talking about the power of Igbo women in Government, he's joining the subsidy protest. Now his latest gimmick to deceive unsuspecting citizens. If he loved what Ojukwu fought for, then why did he join the gang of thieves in aso rock to loot the treasury. Why was he the mouth-piece of the corrupt government saddled with the responsible of assassinating people lyrically. Anybody who takes this guy seriously is a tool.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Baawaa(m): 10:59am On Mar 09, 2012
Yoruba singing praise of igbos because he thinks an igbo man is in power.
They have no principles. They just follow whichever way the wind is blowing.
Stand up for yourselves for once!
Slave mentality.

FEMI FANI-KAYODE is see your life,you are a bad politician and a renegade grin grin
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by ifedun2: 11:00am On Mar 09, 2012
FFK!Its not too late nah!All you have to be is bornagain>hold tenaciously what you belief.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by dagboss(m): 11:05am On Mar 09, 2012
Guys do not trust that guy FFK too much he has a caustic tongue. Do not be surprised he may turn round and deny the speech and even start to abuse the late Ikemba. That guy's mouth is super baaaaaaad you are warned.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by omo9ja1(m): 11:08am On Mar 09, 2012
this matter dom pass me I dey laugh in swahili

akuna matata smiley

Yoruba vs Igbo

watch out for part 2
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by achi4u(m): 12:21pm On Mar 09, 2012
FFK still remain a yuroba product,and a fine man who admired good thing.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Goldmind1(m): 12:53pm On Mar 09, 2012
What a political statement by Fani Kayode?
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by chmod777: 12:54pm On Mar 09, 2012
Thanks to Femi. To All Igbos (who naively do not understand Igbo by accepting "Igbo enwe Eze) and to the whole world . this is my main point of interest  from the piece
"He told me that unlike the Yoruba the Igbo were republican in nature and very independent-minded and that an Igbo father could not easily dictate to a son what his career should or should not be"

I am Igbo and understand the culture well, interpret it from contemporary world concept. Igbo is highly Republican than any Western or African culture.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Austinodark(m): 1:42pm On Mar 09, 2012
rip ojukwu
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by ak47mann(m): 1:43pm On Mar 09, 2012
yaribas and other groups are learning from igbos cool cool
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 09, 2012
Ejiné:

By the way, Onlytruth, take no offense, but I think you're unnecessarily sentimental and easily deceived.

All ibos are sentimental and easily deceived.

If I run for election today, add Okechukwu to my name, throw in a few heroic balderdash about Ojukwu. I will have them eating out of my hands! What a people!
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by kizito96(m): 2:31pm On Mar 09, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about Ojukwu, You had the opportunity to contribute your quota in the development of this country, did you do the right thing?
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Dede1(m): 2:57pm On Mar 09, 2012
Aigbofa:

All ibos are sentimental and easily deceived.

If I run for election today, add Okechukwu to my name, throw in a few heroic balderdash about Ojukwu. I will have them eating out of my hands! What a people!

You can wear every meaningful and non-meaningful Igbo names on your dilapidated body surmounted on a dirty leatherwork, you will never win position of a dog catcher in Igbo land. How can Igbo man eat from a hand of a deluded and malnourished bigot?

It is an age long thing that many people tend to construe republicanism nature of Ndigbo as sentimental. Igbo people tend to differ in thought with other ethnicities in Nigeria and it has been manifested in business or other human endevors. Undoubtedly, it has led to ludicrous misjudgment of the actions of Ndigbo.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Chinom(m): 3:00pm On Mar 09, 2012
I fully understand understand where Femi Fani-kayode is comming from. Most black people on this planet wished they were Igbos. That Igbos are republicans is a given fact. I had a Yoruba room mate in my University days in naija. One day his father visited. Kayode, that's his name fell to the ground and lay down flat with his hands stretched out, face to the ground as a way of greeting his father. I was shocked. I did'nt know what to do. I could not bring myself to lie flat on the ground for him. I had to shake his hand. That is the way i greet my own father whenever he visits.
So FFK has a point there. Igbos are the freest of Nigerian tribes. And of course the most intelligent. By intelligent, i don't mean book. just plain natural intelligence. The type that people like Steve Job or Bill Gates have.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 09, 2012
Chinom:

I fully understand understand where Femi Fani-kayode is comming from. Most black people on this planet wished they were Igbos. That Igbos are republicans is a given fact. I had a Yoruba room mate in my University days in naija. One day his father visited. Kayode, that's his name fell to the ground and lay down flat with his hands stretched out, face to the ground as a way of greeting his father. I was shocked. I did'nt know what to do. I could not bring myself to lie flat on the ground for him. I had to shake his hand. That is the way i greet my own father whenever he visits.
So FFK has a point there. Igbos are the freest of Nigerian tribes. And of course the most intelligent. By intelligent, i don't mean book. just plain natural intelligence. The type that people like Steve Job or Bill Gates have.

Different strokes for different folks. Prostrating to an older person is a way of showing respect, that is all. I guess you will be equally shocked if a Japanese old enough to be your grandpa bows to you in greeting, right?
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Ezeufi: 3:17pm On Mar 09, 2012
He stood firm when others ran,

grin I thought Abidjan was not in Enugu grin
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 09, 2012
Dede1:

You can wear every meaningful and non-meaningful Igbo names on your dilapidated body surmounted on a dirty leatherwork, you will never win position of a dog catcher in Igbo land. How can Igbo man eat from a hand of a deluded and malnourished bigot?

It is an age long thing that many people tend to construe republicanism nature of Ndigbo as sentimental. Igbo people tend to differ in thought with other ethnicities in Nigeria and it has been manifested in business or other human endevors. Undoubtedly, it has led to ludicrous misjudgment of the actions of Ndigbo.  

Add money to the mix and I will have 100% Indigbo votes. I can even put my pet dog on the ballot if possible and he will get votes too.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Eziachi: 3:19pm On Mar 09, 2012
birdman:

RFK, aka Fani Power was flogged and jeered mercilessly by soldiers in front of his whole family, including his  young son FFK. I sometimes wonder if FFK ever recovered from the trauma. Even among Nigerian politicians, dude is one glib talker
You never knew, on the opposite, his experience or your socalled trauma made it easy for him to be able identify a real man (IRRESPECTIVE OF TRIBAL LEANAGE), as the one who risk his own life in order to defend the defenceless, just is his father was flogged and jeered before his eyes, trying to protect his defenceless family.

Whether successful or not doesnt matter, what counts is the action and not the result bty any chance.
Unlike some of you that call black a white, just because the black is not of your tribe.
What a terrible life that must  be.

1 Like

Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 09, 2012
Ezeufi:

grin I thought Abidjan was not in Enugu grin

Abi o.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by ak47mann(m): 3:28pm On Mar 09, 2012
coward yaribas even the femi guy might be dodgy because is in their DNA this people are not to be trusted cool a green snake in a green grass cool
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by cantell(m): 3:33pm On Mar 09, 2012
ak47mann:

coward yaribas even the femi guy might be dodgy because is in their DNA this people are not to be trusted cool a green snake in a green grass cool
Anyone who makes you his enemy is a dead man.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Dede1(m): 3:45pm On Mar 09, 2012
Aigbofa:

Different strokes for different folks. Prostrating to an older person is a way of showing respect, that is all. I guess you will be equally shocked if a Japanese old enough to be your grandpa bows to you in greeting, right?

Shut up your putrid mouth for a second in the time. Yoruba will roll on the flooded floor because of the sign of money. If you are poor in Yoruba land, you do not get prostrated greetings. But if you flaunt money, a Yoruba will roll on the wet floor while shouting baba and kabiasi to the mix. grin grin grin
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 09, 2012
Dede1:

Shut up your putrid mouth for a second in the time. Yoruba will roll on the flooded floor because of the sign of money. If you are poor in Yoruba land, you do not get prostrated greetings. But if you flaunt money, a Yoruba will roll on the wet floor while shouting baba and kabiasi to the mix. grin grin grin

That is absolutely not true, Dede1.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Chinom(m): 3:48pm On Mar 09, 2012
Aigbofa:

No, i will not. Taking a bow is certainly not the same as falling flat face to the ground. We all bow to the queen or stand up when a judge or reverend father enters the court or church. That is simple courtesy. Lying fully stretched out on the ground is dehumanising, degrading and intended to subdue. I do not want to subdue, nor degrade my child. Anyway, you are entitled to your culture.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 09, 2012
Chinom:

No, i will not. Taking a bow is certainly not the same as falling flat face to the ground. We all bow to the queen or stand up when a judge or reverend father enters the court or church. That is simple courtesy. Lying fully stretched out on the ground is dehumanising, degrading and intended to subdue. I do not want to subdue, nor degrade my child. Anyway, you are entitled to your culture.

That is the koko. I've heard stories about how you wake up your elders with a kick to the groin. You are also entitled to that, this is what I meant by different strokes for different folks.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Dede1(m): 4:05pm On Mar 09, 2012
Aigbofa:

That is absolutely not true, Dede1.

I lived in Yoruba land for years and believed little to be informed about rituals in the greetings. Also, I had the opportunity to travel far and around Yoruba land. If you are very rich and could flaunt the money, you will definitely receive elaborated floor rolling greetings regardless if you are Yoruba or not.

However, if Owo is hard to show face, you can forget the roll on the floor and be lucky if you receive ordinary lip service of “Ekushie”.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 09, 2012
Dede1:

I lived in Yoruba land for years and believed little to be informed about rituals in the greetings. Also, I had the opportunity to travel far and around Yoruba land. If you are very rich and could flaunt the money, you will definitely receive elaborated floor rolling greetings regardless if you are Yoruba or not.

However, if Owo is hard to show face, you can forget the roll on the floor and be lucky if you receive ordinary lip service of “Ekushie”.

Dede1, if nobody prostrated for you, it is most likely because of your sour attitude. Not because you weren't rich. There are some things money cannot buy in Yorubaland, unlike iboland.
Even if you are rich, with this your attitude, you will only get Yoruba dogs to use your legs as fire hydrants.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Chinom(m): 4:13pm On Mar 09, 2012
Dede 1 is 100% correct. I've seen it happen. No Yoruba banker prostrates to an elder bus conductor.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by LogicMind: 4:30pm On Mar 09, 2012
Yoruba boys not only prostrated to me, they used to wipe my car with their shirt just to get a few coins.
Shameless tribe.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by tunnytox(m): 4:31pm On Mar 09, 2012
It's more like Anini singing one's praise  undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Flooding Imminent As Rivers Niger, Benue Rise / Like Azman, Air Peace Suspends Flights To Kaduna Airport / Peter Obi Phones Are Not Missing, Disregard The Fake News —Obidatti Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.