Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Keeping Up With The Joneses Aka I Beta Pass My Nieghbour - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Keeping Up With The Joneses Aka I Beta Pass My Nieghbour (1702 Views)

Funbact A Or Skinneal? Which Is Beta? / Now You Can Iron Your Clothes With Your "I Pass My Neighbour" Generator / Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keeping Up With The Joneses Aka I Beta Pass My Nieghbour by steeze(m): 1:58pm On Mar 09, 2012
I have a friend who has a fetish for shoes. I’m talking real fetish. She knows the latest shoes in vogue and would do anything to get them. Her latest acquisitions were; a Calvin Klein Sadi Pump Sling Black shoe - $750, Alligator Lace-up Gladiator shoes - $849, Chanel Shoes Black Fabric - $899, Christian Louboutin Embroidered Pump Shoes - $1799, Manolo Blahnik Pink/Rose Pump shoes - $549, Chanel Wedge Shoes - $260, Authentic Dolce & Gabbana shoes - $1165 among many other accessories. I can’t kill myself. You get the picture. So you could imagine the horror when I found out about this. I’m talking about someone who already had over 100 pair of shoes in her wardrobe! I resisted the urge to punch my calculator to estimate the total worth of the shoes she’d bought in naira. Why take panadol for another man’s headache? Even more surprising was the fact that she was almost always broke, and depended heavily on her boyfriend (whom I felt sorry for) to fund her desire to keep up with the trends.

This made me wonder, why are people slaves to fashion? Not only fashion, why is the quest for material acquisition such an insatiable juggernaut?

http://9ja-dejavu..com

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Always Smells Of Other Men’s Semen: Help / Worlds Largest Family: Zionachana / Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.