Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District (12638 Views)

Uwazurike Renames MASSOB To BIM - Biafra Independent Movement / Boko Haram: Army Chief Renames Operation In Maiduguri / ‘Islamic State In West Africa': Boko Haram Renames Itself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by nasty45(m): 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2012
The name too long jor
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by IYANGBALI: 5:43pm On Mar 09, 2012
playboy19:

The bastarrrd no see gwagwalada, nyanya, mararaba and all make he change their name,  na the most beautiful district he go change hin name,  Ewu
God forbid bad thing for my area to be named after GEJ,i would rather prefer they name it after the late lawrence anini
nasty45:

The name too long jor
and he no even sweet for mouth like maitama
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Leemak: 5:43pm On Mar 09, 2012
Foolish people! because Jonathan brings goodluck to u dis silly minister dts y u named d place in its name but sha o mr minister let me remind u jonathan might b bringing joy to u today & Boko Haram brings unending sadness to u & ur silly familz, i rest my case,
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Bawss1(m): 5:45pm On Mar 09, 2012
kokoA:

Its not even about GEJ. Does the minister know the the reasons why districts have not been named after individuals in Abuja?

The initiators of the Abuja Master Plan felt that it is very important to retain the original names of these areas because they were once peoples' villages and it will be most unfair to the former occupants of these areas (The original villagers and owners) to have their ancestoral Names being wiped out of existence sad . That is why districts like Wuse, Garki, Wuye and all other districts in Abj have retained their original names. Now this M0r0n wants to change that. angry

Why must we play politics with every thing. This minister is a sick person honestly. embarassed

You are making a lot of sense there.

So it appears Bala Mohammed isn't even in tune with the principles behind the Abuja masterplan. That's bad news really, and meanwhile we are witnessing the flooding of Abuja streets by Almajeris and beggars, chaotic road traffic and crumbling infrastructure. . .  in fact the problems that beset other Nigerian cities are increasingly raising their never before seen ugly heads in the FCT under his watch.

I just hope to hear that laudable projects going on in this city are brought to completion speedily and not inconsequential things like this district renaming.
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by iykay4455(m): 5:49pm On Mar 09, 2012
I like Jonathan but this is the height of sycophancy
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Henry40: 5:50pm On Mar 09, 2012
Imagine what it would've been like if Condi Rice woke up one morning and changed "Arlington" to "George Bush," or if Boris Johnson changed "Fulham" to "David Cameron"? Won't that have seemed extremely silly? Only in Africa--------------signs of prevalent level of cognitive development!
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by mattsilver50yahoocom: 6:00pm On Mar 09, 2012
i pity for my country, Nigeria!!!. Nothing i mean absolutely nothing has been done by the present administration to merit this, but what do u expect from a slow poke 'aboki' who has been answering yes ma! From our grammarian patience jona-atan. Fools!
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by mattsilver50yahoocom: 6:02pm On Mar 09, 2012
i pity for my country, Nigeria!!!. Nothing i mean absolutely nothing has been done by the present administration to merit this, but what do u expect from a slow poke 'aboki' who has been answering yes ma! For our grammarian patience jona-atan. Fools!
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by kulutempa: 6:03pm On Mar 09, 2012
This must be a mistake.  I bet he would soon realise the mistake and rename it CLUELESS JO  district. grin
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 09, 2012
Handwriting on the wall. . . Mallam is proactively seeking Uncle Jo's support for some future electoral ambition, governor maybe?
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by iluvnaija: 6:10pm On Mar 09, 2012
This is the height of cluelessness!
NOW YOU KNOW WHY GEJ AND HIS COHOST ARE CLUELESS.
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by feelamong(m): 6:21pm On Mar 09, 2012
IDIOTS!!!!! AWON OLODO RABATA!!!!!!

WHY DID HE NOT NAME IT RETARDEEN DISTRICT?

BUNCH OF ODE!!!! tongue
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by lonelypal(m): 6:22pm On Mar 09, 2012
mukina2:

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/03/09/fct-minister-renames-abuja%E2%80%99s-maitama-as-goodluck-jonathan-district/

Dis is the height of sycophancy, Jonathan Goodluck District ko,   Subsidy District ni angry angry
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Yeske2(m): 6:29pm On Mar 09, 2012
Don't tell me Naija is becoming a personality-cult state, GEJ is getting out of hand.
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by nasty45(m): 6:30pm On Mar 09, 2012
They should name zuba,kuje,abaji BOKOHARAM DISTRICT
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by shevalync: 6:35pm On Mar 09, 2012
Madness
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by vanstanzy(m): 6:37pm On Mar 09, 2012
jaidol:

Height of foolishness and disrepect, Sule Maitama, whom the district has been named in honour of is a former ambassador to the UN and he is still alive. Yet a minister goes ahead to change the name to that of a sitting president. If Jonathan is wise, he should sack Bala Mohammed with immediate alacrity. You don't name places or monument after yourself while you are in office. It is an honour bestowed on you by subsequent administrations. Bunch of fools!

@jaidol
They dont know any better, dont blame their ignorance. Lets blame ourselves for putting INFECTIOUS BREEDS OF IGNORANCE into power.
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Obinoscopy(m): 6:44pm On Mar 09, 2012
sycophancy in the highest order!!

Lazy and toady ingrate of a minister!!! Mschewwwww!!! angry
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Afam4eva(m): 6:48pm On Mar 09, 2012
Very soon they'll change Lagos city to "Asiwaju city".
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Classicalman(m): 7:01pm On Mar 09, 2012
Lazy a s s ministers trying to seek favour from the president. These d i c k h e a d s will wake up one day and rename ABUJA after a sitting president just to seek his/her attention. Silly n y a s h o l e s. Just take a look at how clueless they all are:

Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Marlboro1: 7:05pm On Mar 09, 2012
@jaidol,

Maitama has absolutely nothing to do with Maitama Sule. The district just like others was named after the village that used to be there. It pains me though that my properties in Maitama will be forced to have a name synonymous with incompetence
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 09, 2012
But wait o, who gave the minister the power to unilaterally rename an entire district? Who?
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by feelamong(m): 7:22pm On Mar 09, 2012
HNosegbe:

But wait o, who gave the minister the power to unilaterally rename an entire district? Who?

Yea, who gave him tha powers to do that

Am talking to my lawyers immediately and am taking this case to court ASAP,

We need to get an interim injuction restraining him from changing the name from Maitama district to any slowpoke's name immediately!
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by obongoboy: 7:24pm On Mar 09, 2012
to become a curse district , ooh what a shame
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by iKoksi(m): 7:38pm On Mar 09, 2012
kokoA:

Its not even about GEJ. Does the minister know the the reasons why districts have not been named after individuals in Abuja?

The initiators of the Abuja Master Plan felt that it is very important to retain the original names of these areas because they were once peoples' villages and it will be most unfair to the former occupants of these areas (The original villagers and owners) to have their ancestoral Names being wiped out of existence sad . That is why districts like Wuse, Garki, Wuye and all other districts in Abj have retained their original names. Now this M0r0n wants to change that. angry

Why must we play politics with every thing. This minister is a sick person honestly. embarassed

you are too correct my broda.
why not at least repair traffic lights and name it for himself?
would even expect him to decentralise public offices, expand d town. he's there renaming peoples villages. no fucus minister.
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Konnektions146(m): 7:44pm On Mar 09, 2012
de issue is dat the so-called minister dont know anythin abt abuja masterplan, he ddnt ask himself why some places are name after african leaders, other place countries, others nigerian leaders andd even naija states, this has a way it works, how can dis man wake up and play politiccs wit dis kinda thing, its pathetic, de next president will name asokoro after himself and wuse after his wife etc

lets see wat de legislature will do abt dis
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by tomzman: 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2012
This is totally uncalled for!
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by forkadict(m): 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2012
Na God go punish dis Ba.star.d minister. Goodlucj Jonathan district? For what?

It would have made much more sense to rename the district Fork addict District.

Millions of nigerians would have preferred that. ID.IOTIC minister.

Confused boss and confused servants
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by blackboi(m): 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2012
Oloriburuku Minister
i:diot boot licker
asin oshi grin
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by TRUTHTELA: 8:35pm On Mar 09, 2012
Banana republic, ministers does not disappoint.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Yoruba Men Eat More Of Ibo Foods Today? / Buhari Begins 4-day Visit To Katsina State / The World In 2050. Nigeria's GDP Projection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.