Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District (12639 Views)

Uwazurike Renames MASSOB To BIM - Biafra Independent Movement / Boko Haram: Army Chief Renames Operation In Maiduguri / ‘Islamic State In West Africa': Boko Haram Renames Itself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Dipwater(m): 9:13pm On Mar 09, 2012
Naija take style dey swit o kai wetin no fit happen 4life dey popssible 4 dis stupid country
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by garki: 9:20pm On Mar 09, 2012
Expect more of rubbish, indecent and foolish decision in this administration. This is the beginning SURE; where subsidy is diverted.
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by bakila: 9:38pm On Mar 09, 2012
Marlboro1:

@jaidol,

Maitama has absolutely nothing to do with Maitama Sule. The district just like others was named after the village that used to be there. It pains me though that my properties in Maitama will be forced to have a name synonymous with incompetence

True talkl dont worry if nobody call maitama goodluck, maitama it will be.
That Minister is a disgrace.
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by flexdee(m): 10:57pm On Mar 09, 2012
This is a plan work between Gej and the slowpoke (Bala Boko Haram Mohammed) This present administration has got nothing good to offer.

Retardeen District

we are waiting for umblella & my fellow widow District.
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Remii(m): 11:21pm On Mar 09, 2012
No problem,

Eleke cresent to Luis Farakkan cresent to Walter Carrington

OGBC to Gateway radio /TV to OGBC

Marwa garden to MKO Abiola gaden

Yakubu Gowon Road to Murtala Mohammed Road

Maitama Districk to GEJ District to xxxxxxx
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by aukasa: 11:50pm On Mar 09, 2012
Mediocrity of the highest order,or is it a case of one man(Bala Muh'd and co)'s goodluck is many people's badluck?
God will save Nigeria from mediocres disguising as leaders.
Instead of naminig it Ojukwu's district atleast for reconciliation, the yeye man dey name am wetin him like. EFCC pls. follow up if you are sincere the guy the must be hidding something and he his doing this to avoid EFCC or his drunk with power.
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Abuloma80(f): 12:21am On Mar 10, 2012
This is a highest level of sycophancy. The street Maitama was named after a person. Thank God there is what we call tomorrow, someone will reverse it!
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by dayokanu(m): 12:40am On Mar 10, 2012
They should start flogging people who refused to call it Retardeen Jonathan district
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by deribigbe(m): 12:50am On Mar 10, 2012
Is this d way forward for a better Nation OR 2 bcome a Nation because TINUBU talk say we nvr b nation.
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by DRANOEL(m): 1:15am On Mar 10, 2012
damn! . . . .naming maitama goodluck jonathan district? thats like renaming ikoyi -olusegun obasanjo or surulere -ty danjuma. little wonder abuja has once again turned to a gutter capital with people building houses on drainages. a clueless fct minister being supervised by a much clueless president!
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Nobody: 1:22am On Mar 10, 2012
Not sure what to make on this one.
Just when this FCT minister was beginning to prove his mettle, he allows sycophancy (the bane of many politicians) to get the better of him.
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by sandysprax(m): 2:50am On Mar 10, 2012
Maitama that we have known since 1973 or so when Abuja came into being. Shouldn't there be a due process that has to be followed before taking such decisions.This is one thing El Rufai would not have done.These people in govt are just all bunch of ignorant illiterates.If this happened in UK or anywhere else, he would have been challenged, and there would have been calls for his resignation, **smh**

As if the action Sanusi took on his own is not even enough.Everyone just does what they wish.

Its high time the youths stood up against these illiterates really.
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Basics007: 4:40am On Mar 10, 2012
People just wake up in Nigeria and suddenly take unilateral decision. Was that district developed with his father's money?
I'm sure this man is one of the ministers marked for rack in the next cabinet reshufflement hence this a sslickin decision
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Nobody: 7:09am On Mar 10, 2012
If it's d same article we read then itv says 'Maitama extension' not Maitama itself. If you leave in Abuja, u will knw d area called Maitama extension. When u're coming into wuse frm kubwa express if u knw the place called 'after corner' where there's currently road construction frm d flyover frm mpape, yes that whole area down is Maitama extension. There's a redeemed church there, that is, opp Ministers hill. Frm after corner down to Nicon Junction, dt whole area has always been called Maitama extension. I think dt's d area the Minister renamed and not Maitama district itself. Phew
In our bid to castigate, we won't settle down and read stuff, everyone is jst looking for another opportunity to insult Goodluck. Well, Goodluck with that.
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by kokoA(m): 8:11am On Mar 10, 2012
Cherechy:

If it's d same article we read then itv says 'Maitama extension' not Maitama itself. If you leave in Abuja, u will knw d area called Maitama extension. When u're coming into wuse frm kubwa express if u knw the place called 'after corner' where there's currently road construction frm d flyover frm mpape, yes that whole area down is Maitama extension. There's a redeemed church there, that is, opp Ministers hill. Frm after corner down to Nicon Junction, dt whole area has always been called Maitama extension. I think dt's d area the Minister renamed and not Maitama district itself. Phew
In our bid to castigate, we won't settle down and read stuff, everyone is jst looking for another opportunity to insult Goodluck. Well, Goodluck with that.

This statement should apply to you. We are saying there is no moral justification whatsoever to name any district in abuja after an individaul.
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 10, 2012
QUOTE FRM BALA MOHAMMED, FCT MINISTER>>
"The
president I know is President
Goodluck Jonathan and the
president I know that is bringing
good luck to me and to Nigerians
is President Goodluck Jonathan."
Pls o, dis man shud speak 4 himself o. How is gej bringing gudluck 2 Nigerians who rain curses on him, eh?! Mr. Bala, enjoy ur tenure while it lasts, Mtscheuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwww!
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 10, 2012
Only in 9ja will this happen. . . Only in here
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by tnktosin(m): 11:42am On Mar 10, 2012
104 Billion is about to be lost, SMH
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by aglomar: 1:18pm On Mar 10, 2012
Why? What is d importance of Uncle Jonah, even in his village? Wrong, ignorant n ill-informd move.
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by sandysprax(m): 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2012
Cherechy:

Even if its his backyard, what gives him the powers to rename geographical locations just like that? I'll rather we say; Goodluck to ur own ignorance of ur fundamental human rights.

tnktosin:

104 Billion is about to be lost, SMH

How do u mean?
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by IYANGBALI: 2:18pm On Mar 10, 2012
Cherechy:

abeg don,t come here to defend what is not defendable,what the right thinking people here are saying that what has GEJ done to deserve the renaming of the district after him and why should it be when he is still in office,ITS NOT DONE,ITS NOTHING BUT EYE SERVICE FROM A MAN WHO IS LOOKING FOR FAVOUR OR HE WANTS TO BE IN GEJ,S GOOD BOOK. If GEJ is means well for this country he should start by ordering the minister to reverse the stupid decision and wait till when he leaves office and that is if he deserves one.
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by tnktosin(m): 6:12pm On Mar 10, 2012
sandysprax:

How do u mean?

Well according to the story "He said his ministry will require the sum of N104.2 billion to develop infrastructure, in the new districts".
You know what happens next.
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Two4Two(m): 7:21pm On Mar 10, 2012
I think the FCT minister got it absolutely wrong this time.I f you ask me i would rather suggest the minister develops a new area and name it GEJ as he wishes. People are already used to Maitama and the name has also stuck in thier memories. Nigerians will contiune to call the DISTRICT MAITAMA.
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by EHITZ(m): 8:33pm On Mar 11, 2012
Am kicking against this action of the minister, but I want to correct the impression dat it is the whole of maitama district, it is maitama extension. Its a unilateral decision that must be condemned!
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by EHITZ(m): 8:33pm On Mar 11, 2012
Am kicking against this action of the minister, but I want to correct the impression dat it is the whole of maitama district, it is maitama extension. Its a unilateral decision that must be condemned!
Re: FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District by Beaf1: 12:06pm On Mar 12, 2012
EHITZ: Am kicking against this action of the minister, but I want to correct the impression dat it is the whole of maitama district, it is maitama extension. Its a unilateral decision that must be condemned!

^^
You posted that 7 times Haba!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Yoruba Men Eat More Of Ibo Foods Today? / APC Will Retain Governorship Seat In Osun — Tinubu / Osun Election: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To APC’s Oyetola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.