Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Is This List True About Igbo Traditional Marriage - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is This List True About Igbo Traditional Marriage (4063 Views)

A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites / Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This List True About Igbo Traditional Marriage by IRAPADA(m): 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2012
odiaero: Lier u are @OP
why do say that?
Re: Is This List True About Igbo Traditional Marriage by sweetgala(m): 3:00pm On Mar 12, 2012
I have been made to belive such a list does exist, maybe not as extravagant. Apparently in zimbabwe it would cost as much as $8000 for the dowry.
Re: Is This List True About Igbo Traditional Marriage by luckgames(m): 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2012
If you sent the girl to University before the marriage
will you get discount?
I think the family need to pay you back what it cost you to sent their daughter to university
Re: Is This List True About Igbo Traditional Marriage by Virnee(f): 4:27pm On Mar 16, 2012
LOL, big joke, not true at all, saw my sis list and it was nothing like this, will share mine with u guys when it comes
Re: Is This List True About Igbo Traditional Marriage by bonetalk(m): 8:00pm On Mar 16, 2012
I wanted to be married to an igbo girl, but someone told me something that relates to this, and i was discouraged
Re: Is This List True About Igbo Traditional Marriage by IRAPADA(m): 8:03pm On Mar 16, 2012
GBENGA_bonetalk: I wanted to be married to an igbo girl, but someone told me something that relates to this, and i was discouraged
go ahead wit ur relationshp no let d lists drag u down
Re: Is This List True About Igbo Traditional Marriage by Tinax(f): 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2012
the list is not even complet,moreover our igbo guys are not complainin..they are equal to the task.
Re: Is This List True About Igbo Traditional Marriage by IRAPADA(m): 8:44pm On Jul 01, 2012
Tinax: the list is not even complet,moreover our igbo guys are not complainin..they are equal to the task.
ok
Re: Is This List True About Igbo Traditional Marriage by kuphid(f): 11:42am On Aug 20, 2012
This list is outrageous,in my place its as good as they give out their daughters for free. What they realy care about is your capability of taking care of lady and the kids yet to come. Well can't say for all Igbos, can only talk about where I come from. Op it would be nice if u can tell us which town and state that give this kinda list.
Re: Is This List True About Igbo Traditional Marriage by MrsChima(f): 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2012
A blackberry torch and remy ling ling hair.
Re: Is This List True About Igbo Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2012
IRAPADA: I got these from another site [Tradional Marriage List
People , help oo. My friend
has just fainted. He just
received the following list
from his in-laws for their
traditional marriage next
year.
This is after he and said wife
have been married for about
3 years and 2 kids later.
Insult to the Family For
making her have a baby
before "marriage"
1. One She Goat
2. One bottle of St. Remy
3. Two Carton of Star Beer
4. Two crates of soft drinks
5. One bottle of native gin
6. Two Bottles of wine
7. N10,000.00
Consultation marriage
list for the father
(MBUP)
1. 2 bottles of three in one
whisky
2. 1 carton of Explendido
Brandy
3. 10 litres of native gin
4. 10 cartons of star beer
5. 6 bottles of Gordon Gin
6. 3 cartons of small stout
7. 1 carton of wine
8. 10 Jars of palm wine
9. 3 Heads of Tobacco
10. 3 line stones
11. 3 bunches of cola nuts
12. 1 bottle of grinding sniff
13. 1 roll of Benson and
hedges cigarettes
14. 1 packet of matches
15. cash of N5,000.00 for
breaking of cola
Full Proper Marriage List
for the father
1. 2 pieces of hollandis Wax
2. 1 Chieftaincy shirt
3. 1 hat
4. 1 big towel
5. 1 pair of shoes and socks
6. 1 walking stick
7. 1 wrist watch
8. 1 dozen underwear
9. 1 she goat with N10,000
for cutting goats head
10. Matchet with cover and
beet
11. 15 cartons of star beer
12. 5 cartons of champion
beer
13. 2 cartons of brandy
14. 3 bottles of 3 in one
whisky
15. 1 caron of wine (Don
Morris)
16. 5 crates of minerals (Soft
drinks)
17. 4 crates of Guinness malt
18. 4 heads of Tobacco
19. 1 bottle of grinding snuff
20. 4 line stones
21. 4 bunches of cola nuts
22. 1 smal basin and knife for
the cola nuts
23. 15 Jars of palm win
24. 20 liters of native gin
25. 1 modern brief case with
N150,000
For the mother �
consultation (MBUP)
1. 6 bottles of campari
2. 4 crates of minerals (soft
drinks)
3. 2 crates of Guinness Malts
4. I piece of English wax
5. 1 blouse
6. 1 basin with cover full of
crayfish
7. 1 Head tie
8. 2 bags of salt
9. basin with pepper
For the Mother � Full
marriage (proper
marriage)
1. 2 pieces of Dutch Wax and
one lase
2. 3 assorted blouses
3. head tie (canopy)
4. 2 Paris of shoes
5. one wrist watch + 1 dozen
of brassiers
6. 1 hand bag and 6
underwear
7. 1 big basin full of crayfish
with cover
8. 1 big basin full of pepper
with cover
9. 3 bags of salt
10. 1 umbrella
11. 1 suit �case with N50,000
12. 1 caton of Eva wine
13. 1 big bottle of Yago wine
14. 4 crates of Guinness malt
15. 4 crates of minerals (soft
ddrinks)
16. 1 bag of rice
17. 5 tubers of yams
Nto Ete (family
members)
1. 3 cartons of star beer
2. 1 bottles of St. Remy
3. 3 Jars of palm wine
4. 1 roll of besson and
hedges cigarette
5. 1 packets of matches
6. Nka Ekong of N10,000
Youth
1. Football
2. 1 bottle of gin
3. 1 roll of St. Morris
cigarette
4. 1 packet of matches
5. N2,000
Iban Nda Usung (Women
Vanguard)
1. 1 bottle of wine
2. 1 crates of minerals (soft
drink)
3. N1,500 in cash
Grand Father (Uncle)
1. piece of wax loin cloth
2. 1 long sleaves shirt
3. 1 bottle of brandy
4. 1 wrist watch.
EDem Eka
1. 1 carton of beer
2. 1 bottle of brandy
3. 1 Jar of palm wine
4. 1 piece of English wax
5. 1 long sleaves shirt
6. 1 bag of salt
HELP!!!!!!!]
na true but if u give the girl belle(pregnancy) b4 u marry her then dem will reduce the dowry.i remember one of my pally wey marry one fine igbo babe.dem reduce the price of dowry wen the babe belly start to dey shoot out grin.so if the babe get her belle out of wedlock the price will reduce grin
Re: Is This List True About Igbo Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 20, 2012
sweet_gala: I have been made to belive such a list does exist, maybe not as extravagant. Apparently in zimbabwe it would cost as much as $8000 for the dowry.
8000 wetin? shocked
na queen of sheba u wan marry?
Re: Is This List True About Igbo Traditional Marriage by Creamychic(f): 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2012
Tinax: the list is not even complet,moreover our igbo guys are not complainin..they are equal to the task.
Not complete?? shocked
Re: Is This List True About Igbo Traditional Marriage by rabzy: 4:43pm On Aug 22, 2012
A proper Igbo Dowry or list is not complete without love-wantintin for the mother.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's Offensive About The Word "Negro?" / Why Can't You Win Lottery With Juju? / The History Of Ikwerre People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.