Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,121 members, 7,842,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Don’t Drag Us Into Break-up Debate, Kogi, Kwara Leaders Tell North - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Drag Us Into Break-up Debate, Kogi, Kwara Leaders Tell North (3097 Views)

We Would Not Watch Jonathan’s Administration Drag Us Into Bankruptcy, Says ARG / Don’t Drag Us Into Break-up Debate, Kogi, Kwara Leaders Tell North / ‘Return Home’, Igbo Leaders Tell Igbos In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Drag Us Into Break-up Debate, Kogi, Kwara Leaders Tell North by ektbear: 10:38pm On Mar 10, 2012
Let the Emir remain. Doesn't make much sense tactically to rock the boat too much, unnecessarily create turmoil.

It isn't that big a deal. . . they've had one for 200 years now, no need to be disruptive.

It is dumb for outsiders to try to sack a town's traditional ruler. . .
Re: Don’t Drag Us Into Break-up Debate, Kogi, Kwara Leaders Tell North by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 11, 2012
bashr8: its good the people of kwara and kogi have finally opened up , its obvious the middle belt will be shared amo ng the east and west because as soon as kwara and yoruba part of kogi joins the west there will be nothing left of the middle belt, the eastern igala and idomas can join the east ,its not yet clear where the tiv, berom ,gwari etc will join but judging from the recent blood sheds the berom and tivs have been having with the hausa fulanis even up till this morning its obvious they will never think of joing a hausa fulani dominated north vus that will be suicide and slavery. besides who no want oil so they will definitely want to join the rich east , jos will be rebuilt again wink
benue and eastern kogi will be welcome to join the east.plateau,nasarawa,taraba, southern kaduna,southern adamawa and southern gombe should join hands together and form a new nation of their own.
Re: Don’t Drag Us Into Break-up Debate, Kogi, Kwara Leaders Tell North by ektbear: 1:25am On Mar 12, 2012
I am happy that this Junaid Mohammed said what he said.

Rather than allowing the Jarus's of the world to maintain ambiguity and not commit to any position, it forces them to pick a side and stand by it.

The closer we get to the inevitable breakup of this country, you may be surprised at how small the north actually is. Hehehehe
Re: Don’t Drag Us Into Break-up Debate, Kogi, Kwara Leaders Tell North by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 12, 2012
Ufeolorun:
He's prolly not interested in your dictionary explanation but  rather wondering about your condescension.
What's not Pagan about Arab culture?
Emirs are foreign creation and they shall remain so no matter how many religious props it get.
Obaship is pegan but emirship is religious this is what has been successfully sold to these people and that's why such aberration has existed in Ilorin,no disrespect to the emirate system though.
You say no disrespect for the emirate while you disrespect the obaship, what does pegan mean ?
I say emirate is arabic while obaship is African. Period!
Re: Don’t Drag Us Into Break-up Debate, Kogi, Kwara Leaders Tell North by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 12, 2012
Spiritmask: Dat is gud that d ppl of kogi nd kwara choose 2 join d west if nigeria divide. What abut benue state, will they join d north, i dnt think so, if kogi nd kwara join d west, benud ppl will prefer 2 join d east because they hav nearly semilar culture and d same religion assuming d south south nd south east form a single country (biafra). If i'm d one 2 divide nigeria, i'll divide it into 2. Each having d name south nd north nigeria respectivekyg
The south south will never join the biafra, we will join the southwest or go on our own.
Re: Don’t Drag Us Into Break-up Debate, Kogi, Kwara Leaders Tell North by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 12, 2012
oduasolja:

shut up . they are muslims . so they want an emir. not an oba.
The thing I like with our mumu brothers is that any muslim can claim to be talking for every muslim, be it ben laden or qadafi, even if they say opposite things they all say that that is the word of every muslim. Let me just say one thing: they are yorubas not arabs and therefore they deserve an Oba so I think we should put this to a vote.
Re: Don’t Drag Us Into Break-up Debate, Kogi, Kwara Leaders Tell North by Ufeolorun(m): 5:26pm On Mar 12, 2012
patriot2: You say no disrespect for the emirate while you disrespect the obaship, what does pegan mean ?
I say emirate is arabic while obaship is African. Period!

We actually saying the same thing,pointing out hypocrisy that has been sold to some people.If you want to successfully deceive some of our people all you need to do is sandwich anything with religious covering and they are likely to swallow it without asking questions.
Re: Don’t Drag Us Into Break-up Debate, Kogi, Kwara Leaders Tell North by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 12, 2012
Ufeolorun:

We actually saying the same thing,pointing out hypocrisy that has been sold to some people.If you want to successfully deceive some of our people all you need to do is sandwich anything with religious covering and they are likely to swallow it without asking questions.
By the way, I can imagine that the arabs will be 90% in Nigeria in some two hundred years because thay have already mentally conquered our people who insult and rebuke their ancestors and glorify arab ones, the next step would be to kill your own brothers and welcome arabs in, and the next step to that would be the arabs killing you and claiming your land and erasing your history. That is how arab culture works.They did it in egypt, Libya, Algeria and in Northern Sudan, very soon it will be over in Nigeria!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) / Gallant Soldiers Finally Enter Sambisa Forest To Flush Out The Boko Haram / Buhari Daughter Order Her Security To Walk People Out Of Boutiques

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.