Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect (13211 Views)

We Killed The People Of Baga, As Our Lord Instructed Us In His Book – Shekau / Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them / Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by naptu2: 1:03pm On Mar 10, 2012
”Why we killed Briton, Italian”—Suspect

The men arrested in the aftermath of Thursday’s botched attempt to free two abducted foreigners in Sokoto have told security agents why they killed their victims.

British   Chris McManus and Italian  Franco Lamolinara were killed by the suspects  as Nigerian soldiers and   the British Special Boat Squad (SBS) stormed a house in Sokoto to rescue the foreign engineers.

They had been in captivity since their abduction inBirnin Kebbi,the Kabbi State capital, last May.

Five men were arrested in connection with the abduction and killing of the duo.

Among them is Abu Muhammed  believed to be the ring leader of the group and a  factional leader of the Islamic sect, Boko Haram.

They were moved to Abuja yesterday by security agents for interrogation.

The suspects,sources said, told their interrogators that they were under instruction of their leaders to shoot the hostages  whenever they came under any threat from security agents.

One of the suspects was quoted as having said : “We had a standing instruction to kill the hostages immediately we sight security agents around the building.

“We were to kill the hostages since we  were not sure of being alive after an encounter with security men.”

However, a faction of the sect yesterday denied involvement in the abduction and eventual murder of the Briton and Italian.

According to an international cable television, a source informed that an un-named Boko Haram spokesman called a Nigerian journalist in Sokoto to tell him that the Islamic group had no hand in the incident.

The cable television stated that the Boko Haram  faction spokesman claimed that they had never been involved in kidnapping and would never do it for the purposes of extortion. It maintained that for now, bombing its targets remained its major strategy and had no intention of changing it.

Senior security sources yesterday said a desperate call by a Boko Haram member during a gun battle with Abu Mohammed and others in Zaria might have led to the retaliatory killing of the hostages in Sokoto.

Investigation by our correspondent revealed that the Thursday operation was coordinated by the State Security Service (SSS) and the military in conjunction with British secret agents.

It was gathered that it had been difficult to locate the whereabouts of the hostages in the last 10 months because their captors kept relocating them at the slightest  suspicion of  security tracking.

The SSS,it was gathered, however,  recorded a breakthrough when it located Abu Mohammed and some other leaders of the sect in Zaria , Kaduna State.

A reliable source said: “Those arrested in connection with the abduction and killing of the hostages have been moved to Abuja for interrogation. I mean Abu Mohammed and four others.

“They are being quizzed to know their motive, why the hostages were killed and the Al-Qaeda connection. This probe has international dimension to it because Britain and Italy will want to ascertain why their citizens were targets.”

Giving an insight into the operation ,the source said : “The operation to free the hostages was conducted in Zaria and Sokoto.

“Having established that Abu Mohammed faction abducted the hostages, the SSS conducted a comprehensive investigation which led to the uncovering of his hideout in Zaria on Tuesday. While he was in Zaria , this leader made sure that the hostages were kept in Sokoto.

“Following the finding of the hideout, the SSS, supported by the military, succeeded in invading the place and arrested Abu Mohammed and four leaders.

“The moment the game was up, one of those arrested was chosen to lead security agencies to the compound in Madera Quarters in Sokoto where the hostages were kept.

“At that point in Zaria , the first leg of the operation by the SSS and the military achieved 100 per cent success.

“Concerning the operation in Sokoto, we are probing a clue that during the gun battle in Zaria , one of the Boko Haram members made a phone call to Sokoto that their leaders were under siege.

“This theory of phone call is being analysed to know whether it is true or not.

“You know the operation in Zaria was a heavy crossfire, Boko Haram was humbled. I think the phone call made those in Sokoto to become desperate to kill the hostages.

“The operation would have been like that against Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan .”

A top government official said: “The British Government was involved in this operation and their security operatives were convinced that the SSS, the military and other agencies gave  their best to free the hostages.

“It is obvious that the sect is deadly and we all have to be a step ahead. I mean the international community.”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/39310-why-we-killed-briton%2C-italian%E2%80%94suspect.html
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by snowdrops(m): 1:35pm On Mar 10, 2012
those devils have started singing like parrot after only one day of torture. hahahaha
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by executinal(m): 2:08pm On Mar 10, 2012
They should face the music. . . .
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by snowdrops(m): 2:10pm On Mar 10, 2012
Which they have already started facing.
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by edoyad(m): 3:01pm On Mar 10, 2012
Lets wait for the nay sayers to come and tell us that boko-haram was not involved in the abduction.
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by nduchucks: 3:04pm On Mar 10, 2012
I'm not surprised that you gullible fools are buying this government face saving story, hook line and sinker. SMH
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by Afam4eva(m): 3:07pm On Mar 10, 2012
I think the FG should send each of them to Italy and Britain, let the victim countries deal with them decisively.
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by snowdrops(m): 3:16pm On Mar 10, 2012
afam4eva:

I think the FG should send each of them to Italy and Britain, let the victim countries deal with them decisively.
I could not agree more. I wish it were russians or north korea citizens that were killed; off to siberia it would have been.
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by scriptwizz: 3:32pm On Mar 10, 2012
i would love to suggest that sss shld take over the police force, my people what do you think? that's my position, those guys are inteligent, were they trained in another form or what? respect.
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by chino11(m): 4:44pm On Mar 10, 2012
ndu_chucks:

I'm not surprised that you gullible fools are buying this government face saving story, hook line and sinker. SMH

How do you know that? You have serious spiritual and mental problem.
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by teddy2011: 5:14pm On Mar 10, 2012
We need the true source of information here. We have been hearing different stories.

I still believe Boko Harams were not involved in this abduction.

I remember 'proudly9ja' had posted something about this abduction which he culled frm the sun.uk news onine.

He asked to confirm if Al-qaeda groups are nigeria as they claimed the abduction of the Briton and Italian man.

Please seun can u get the infor. It was in August 2011.

The Nigerian govt is trying to blame BH's without getting any real evidence it shows the rate of insecurity in Nigeria.
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by naptu2: 5:17pm On Mar 10, 2012
Shakau, the leader of Boko Haram, has confirmed that they get support from Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), Al Shabab, etc.
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by naptu2: 5:18pm On Mar 10, 2012
It was also reported that the kidnappers ignored a large amount of cash that was in the hostage's apartment.
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by teddy2011: 5:34pm On Mar 10, 2012
Mhmmn there is more to it then, The whole truth would soon be told.
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:09pm On Mar 11, 2012
teddy2011: Mhmmn there is more to it then, The whole truth would soon be told.
So you're satisfied with this one, ehn?
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 11, 2012
death to all boko harams and their supporters, apologists and sympathizers. be it NL or anywhere.javascript:void(0);
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by 9jaIhail(m): 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2012
teddy2011: We need the true source of information here. We have been hearing different stories.

I still believe Boko Harams were not involved in this abduction.

I remember 'proudly9ja' had posted something about this abduction which he culled frm the sun.uk news onine.

He asked to confirm if Al-qaeda groups are nigeria as they claimed the abduction of the Briton and Italian man.

Please seun can u get the infor. It was in August 2011.

The Nigerian govt is trying to blame BH's without getting any real evidence it shows the rate of insecurity in Nigeria.

Boko haram apologist by the way i thought you guys are not afraid why are you shiiting on your pant while brits/italian drone have not arrived yet?
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by seunlayi(m): 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2012
snowdrops: those devils have started singing like parrot after only one day of torture. hahahaha
very useless sect

1 Like

Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by ayusman16(m): 1:08pm On Mar 11, 2012
Rubbish. why are their leaders not being arrested? Who are their sponsors? Aint they calling names or they are untouchable in the government.
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by ayusman16(m): 1:08pm On Mar 11, 2012
Rubbish. why are their leaders not being arrested? Who are their sponsors? Aint they calling names or they are untouchable in the government.
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by chrysso83(m): 2:36pm On Mar 11, 2012
ayusman16: Rubbish. why are their leaders not being arrested? Who are their sponsors? Aint they calling names or they are untouchable in the government.
i tire o. help me ask dem
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 11, 2012
Hmmmm
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by ProfJYK(m): 4:25pm On Mar 11, 2012

The cable television stated that the Boko Haram  faction spokesman claimed that they had never been involved in kidnapping and would never do it for the purposes of extortion. It maintained that for now, bombing its targets remained its major strategy and had no intention of changing it..

but the hostages were killed, showing that they were not abducted for ransome. still sounds Boko Haram-ish to me
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by bakila: 4:26pm On Mar 11, 2012
snowdrops: I could not agree more. I wish it were russians or north korea citizens that were killed; off to siberia it would have been.
Witen bring siberia for sokoto and nigeria affiar? Idleness no good.
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by tlops(m): 5:36pm On Mar 11, 2012
I thought the captors were killed during the encounter! How could they make it out alive the the amount of sprayed bullets! something fishy
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by naptu2: 6:27pm On Mar 11, 2012
It's quite simple. Boko Haram has splintered since 2009. There are at least 5 factions of Boko Haram. One of the factions carried out the kidnapping.

Boko Haram split into

1) The Boko Haram that's collaborating with Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) & Al Shabab. This is the deadliest faction of Boko Haram.

2) The Boko Haram faction that was founded by Mohammed Yusuf and is involved in a struggle to practice their own form of Islam within Nigeria

3) The Boko Haram sect that is being used by politicians to do their dirty work, etc.
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by theviper1: 6:33pm On Mar 11, 2012
much as i share in the sorrows of the family members of 2 young brains killed senselessly,i also believe that it is worth noting that britain is reaping the fruits of disunity that they sowed in nigeria.their support for the mallams in the north whom they believe they can easily control against those in the south -especially the south east is hugely responsible for the mess that we are witnessing in this country 2day.their idea that divide and rule will continue till the end of time is a time-tested failure.we should call on britain to talk to their friends in the north who will inturn advise their killing machines called BOKO HARAM to stop forthwith,if nt casualties like this will continue.

1 Like

Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 11, 2012
the viper: much as i share in the sorrows of the family members of 2 young brains killed senselessly,i also believe that it is worth noting that britain is reaping the fruits of disunity that they sowed in nigeria.their support for the mallams in the north whom they believe they can easily control against those in the south -especially the south east is hugely responsible for the mess that we are witnessing in this country 2day.their idea that divide and rule will continue till the end of time is a time-tested failure.we should call on britain to talk to their friends in the north who will inturn advise their killing machines called BOKO HARAM to stop forthwith,if nt casualties like this will continue.
The british didn't give power to the north on purpose, it was because the north was very easy to rule and manipulate through their mental slavery called islam that the british left power to them (so that they could serve britain and by the same way quit their mental slavery status), but the brits underestimated the greed and the violent nature of the northerners. And now the chicken is coming back to roost.
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by POTUT(m): 7:52pm On Mar 11, 2012
I don't recognize Nigeria any more. Have we reached the point of no return?
I am looking at our next general/presidential elections and wondering...how would we cross that bridge, when the waters are overwhelming us 3 years before that date?

1 Like

Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 11, 2012
Tired of all thse cock and bull stories. Straight question, who are the sponsors of boko haram?
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 8:37pm On Mar 11, 2012
naptu2: ”Why we killed Briton, Italian”—Suspect

The men arrested in the aftermath of Thursday’s botched attempt to free two abducted foreigners in Sokoto have told securagents why they killed their victims.

British   Chris McManus and Italian  Franco Lamolinara were killed by the suspects  as Nigerian soldiers and   the British Special Boat Squad (SBS) stormed a house in Sokoto to rescue the foreign engand in the incident.

The cable television stated that the Boko Haram  faction spokesman claimed that they had never been involved in kidnapping and would never do it for the purposes of extortion. It maintained that for now, bombing its targets remained its major strategy and had no ingun battle wid we all have to be a step ahead. I mean the international community.”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/39310-why-we-killed-briton%2C-italian%E2%80%94suspect.html
Re: ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect by emolade4re: 8:38pm On Mar 11, 2012
Whichever u want it,Niger Deltans like it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benue: Buhari Queries Police IG, Demands Full Report Of Police Operations / Constituents Write Senator Ekwunife, Demand Explanation For Absence At Plenary / Remarks By PMB At The Commissioning Of MMIA New Terminal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.