Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,248 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria (7028 Views)

South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran / Recover Stolen Oil Money, Buhari Tells NNPC Boss / We PDP Governors Shared The $56bn Stolen Oil Money - Gov Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by Akwasi(m): 8:01pm On Mar 10, 2012
Two of the four newly commissioned Ghana Navy vessels have arrested a foreign Vessel, Merchant Tanker, MADINA.

The vessel loaded with fuel is reported to have been stolen from Nigeria.

The Ghana Navy received hint from its Nigerian counterparts about the vessel and zoomed in to make the arrest.

Director of Public Relations at the Ghana Armed Forces, Colonel M’Bawine Atintande told Joy News the vessel, MT MADINA was arrested on Thursday at the Saltpond oil fields where it was transferring fuel to another vessel.

He said they will hand over the ship to the port authorities and legal action will be taken against the perpetrators by the appropriate authorities.

He said armed guards have been placed on alert at the oil fields to protect the vessels.

http://edition.myjoyonline.com/pages/news/201203/82860.php
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by Odutodaiwa: 9:12pm On Mar 10, 2012
Ghanians una never understand how 9ja work. Na we we naa. I won't be surprised if it's the same top Milatary guys and the political headship of the contraption called Nigeria that is responsible for our crude theft. Awon ti o pe ole waja naa ni o ni ki oloko wa mu.
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by sexyglow(f): 12:00pm On Mar 11, 2012
Nice 1 Ghana the land of my Hubby.
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:04pm On Mar 11, 2012
They've done a good job jor. If several other arrests are being made, then the route would no longer be safe for those thieves

1 Like

Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by dabrake(m): 12:08pm On Mar 11, 2012
Ghana, i feel you jare
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by mine4lyf: 12:22pm On Mar 11, 2012
i dey hel you Ghanians weldone.
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by seunlayi(m): 12:28pm On Mar 11, 2012
Odu-toda-iwa:
Ghanians una never understand how 9ja work. Na we we naa. I won't be surprised if it's the same top Milatary guys and the political headship of the contraption called Nigeria that is responsible for our crude theft. Awon ti o pe ole waja naa ni o ni ki oloko wa mu.
Nigeria for real

1 Like

Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by Samminixon(m): 12:45pm On Mar 11, 2012
God bless ghana for their good deed!!!
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by Samminixon(m): 12:45pm On Mar 11, 2012
God bless ghana for their good deed!!!
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by buzor(m): 12:47pm On Mar 11, 2012
nice one from ghana. but lets not forget its naija navy that hinted them and gave them info on d said ship
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by peter2real: 12:58pm On Mar 11, 2012
nice and good job ghanna security u do well,una do try well well make una cash dey for us rite there for paper cheesy
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by Nayah(f): 1:23pm On Mar 11, 2012
That's why I said Ghana is a great country
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by FameG(f): 1:26pm On Mar 11, 2012
buzor: nice one from ghana. but lets not forget its naija navy that hinted them and gave them info on d said ship

abi o
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by MeAboki(m): 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2012
Thank you Ghana, thank you Ghana, is that all you ppl can say?
When the immediate question should have been, who are the culprits behind this recent bunkering and how can we stop future recurrence, maybe from there we can unmask the identities of the real parasites stealing the oil rather than conveniently always pointing fingers elsewhere.

Anyway, not wanting to be easily outdone, make I join una and also say; a big thank you Ghana cheesy grin
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by denitro(m): 1:39pm On Mar 11, 2012
Thanks Ghana.. Please ensure that the culprits are prosecuted in Ghana...
Least Ibori's Judge handles the case....
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by denitro(m): 1:40pm On Mar 11, 2012
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by denitro(m): 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2012
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by denitro(m): 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2012
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by agiboma(f): 2:13pm On Mar 11, 2012
Well done Ghana, you bringing law and order to West Africa
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by solgee(m): 2:16pm On Mar 11, 2012
Job well done
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by solgee(m): 2:18pm On Mar 11, 2012
Job well done
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by Totus: 3:23pm On Mar 11, 2012
We hail and trust Ghana will give a fair judgment, but Nigeria government has not that courage. Those in power, all arms are deep-neck in corrupt practice. They are all involved directly or indirectly in oil theft – the cabal untouchable. May God help with His whirlwind drift them away out of our coast to face true judgment like Ibori
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by Totus: 3:24pm On Mar 11, 2012
We trust Ghana will give a fair judgment, but Nigeria government has not that courage. Those in power, all arms are deep-neck in corrupt practice. They are all involved directly or indirectly in oil theft – the cabal untouchable. May God help with His whirlwind drift them away out of our coast to face true judgment like Ibori.
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 11, 2012
Well done Ghana (Y)
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 11, 2012
Well done Ghana (Y)
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by ochukoccna: 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2012
Hope the fuel no disappear again O!,bicos this is Naija.
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by Bolt2011(m): 8:34pm On Mar 11, 2012
Nice job by the Ghanaian Navy, well done. I hope, Cameroun, Chad and Benin republic can emulate this. All the same, i have this feelings that the masterminders are Nigerians. They will all face the wrath of the law, ' awon a ko tileta gbogbo'.
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by fred2265: 8:53pm On Mar 11, 2012
International oil corporations stole our oil.
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by PastorOla1: 9:20pm On Mar 11, 2012
We are proud of you, Ghana.
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by tempest01(m): 10:27pm On Mar 11, 2012
Hand them over to 9ja, the case don end be that.
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by joelala(m): 11:50pm On Mar 11, 2012
nice 1 ghana and pls do ensure the bastards behind this crime are being prosecuted in ghana.cos if they get back here, the whole story will evaporate and thats the end o.
Re: Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria by member479760: 1:47am On Mar 12, 2012
we want to know the thief ASAP!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari: Nigeria’s Future Heavily Dependent On Education / See My Governor Looking Fit, Classy, Smart And Well-Fed (picture) / Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.