Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Nigeria's Major Problem- Tribal Or Political? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Major Problem- Tribal Or Political? (1669 Views)

Corruption Not Nigeria’s Major Problem – Nwabueze Tells Buhari / USA Had A Black President Before Obama: Historical Truth Or Political Motivation / Tinubu Is The MAJOR Problem Of Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Major Problem- Tribal Or Political? by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 11, 2012
The level of undevelopment trailing this so-called nation, Nigeria, is something to ponder. Since 1960 nothing tremendous can be recorded besides continued looting and looting of public funds and corruption reproduction. I have sat down and think, I came to conclude that Nigeria's major problem is tribal interest, because to me, it is this tribal interests by the various tribes in Nigeria that gave birth to: corruption, terrorism, etc in Nigeria. Come of it, Nigeria organized census, tribal interests hijacked it, and each tribe began to quadruple each of their tribesmen and women to outrun the other tribes in Nigeria so as that they will be seen as the most populated, so as to get more federal government allocation.

When something good that is supposed to be sited in a particular state comes up, tribal interest comes into play and ruins it.

The call for a sovereign national conference, SNC, have also been hijacked by tribal interests...what to your own opinion is Nigeria's major problem stopping the development of this so-called nation? Thanks guys!
Re: Nigeria's Major Problem- Tribal Or Political? by Yeske2(m): 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2012
Naija's problem is both i think.
Re: Nigeria's Major Problem- Tribal Or Political? by Yeske2(m): 1:10pm On Mar 11, 2012
Naija's problem is both i think.
Re: Nigeria's Major Problem- Tribal Or Political? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 11, 2012
The father of Nigeria's problem is tribal-ethnic interests, you can always see it glaring here on nairaland, how members attack each other verbally, showing that Nigeria is a forced mixture of immixible mixtures!
Re: Nigeria's Major Problem- Tribal Or Political? by PointB: 10:54pm On Mar 11, 2012
What is Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria's Major Problem- Tribal Or Political? by ebere1712: 9:21pm On Mar 12, 2012
Nigeria is a creation of the enemies of 'Nigerians' to keep them in perpetual misery. We shall overcome.
Re: Nigeria's Major Problem- Tribal Or Political? by owo2390(m): 9:32pm On Mar 12, 2012
The problem is cultural which is a combination of ethnicity and politics. Most "elected" Nigerian politicians go into office with the hope of accumulating as much personal wealth as possible instead of doing their job, working for their populace or community. We need to change that. The wealth of our communities/country should be our biggest concern, if our country is rich then we are rich.
Re: Nigeria's Major Problem- Tribal Or Political? by gaddafe(m): 10:21pm On Mar 12, 2012
Take it or leave it the three major problem of Nigeria is tribalism, politics and religion.
Re: Nigeria's Major Problem- Tribal Or Political? by OIbhagui(m): 3:51am On Mar 13, 2012
^ May God bless you for adding the last one. Religion is the means by which we make excuses for our personal failings. However, all these factors enumerated here are actually branches of the problem. The root is actually a lack of enlightenment. We do not know what education is. Much of what we call education is actually training. Please join The Intellectual Society on facebook where I'm trying to gather the few people with good intellect to form a club where we practice how to give presentations and manage stage fright while broadening our knowledge base. I'm almost 40;up till today I have not met one person in Nigeria who has my outlook. They're all busy trying to make a buck here and there and life has not been easy for me as I do not make sense to them. But I know there are a few others like me also suffering in silence in this country. More on the facebook page

(1) (Reply)

Hausas And Yorubas Are Settlers In Nigeria? / Is This The Beginning Of Another Era Of Millitary Rule In Africa? / What Does The North Has To Show For Over 35years Of Leading Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.