Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Why Do People Sleep During Church Services? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Sleep During Church Services? (1608 Views)

South African Pastor Strips Members During 'church service' / Things That Can Distract You During Church Services / Why Do People Sleep In The Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Sleep During Church Services? by Maxymilliano(m): 8:30am On Mar 13, 2012
I worshipped at one of the largest church in Nigeria, the Bishop in charge of the church is very good at what he does and there's never a dull moments. But over the years, i've seen quite a few members of the congregation dozes off during service, some of them are only active during praise & worship session but get drifted off as the service wore on.

In my teen age, i was made to understand it was the devil that is responsible for such acts.

Can anyone tell me what i don't know?
Re: Why Do People Sleep During Church Services? by eddy1977(m): 9:22am On Mar 13, 2012
many factors.
the bible tells us that one time paul preached all night long.one called eutychus dozed off,fell of the window and died. the bible doesnt say much about it,but we know that sleeping is a natural tendency of the body.if you ve had a long day,then a long sermon can feel to you like valium.
Re: Why Do People Sleep During Church Services? by LongOne1(m): 11:57am On Mar 13, 2012
It’s not only church services, conferences, and lectures as well.

Biologically, the human attention span is limited to between one and two hours if I remember correctly, which is why you get coffee/tea breaks between sessions to reduce this effect.

Anything over that, the brain grinds to a halt or goes into hibernation mode, and the next thing is sleep.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep During Church Services? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 13, 2012
I think people sleep cos demons actually want them to hear the word of God.there are poeple I know dat are very active during praise and worship but once the pastor climbs the pulipt they start dozing off.funny enough it has happened to me once.I think the devils send demons to lure the people to sleep during service
Re: Why Do People Sleep During Church Services? by buzugee(m): 9:34pm On Mar 13, 2012
eddy1977: many factors.
the bible tells us that one time paul preached all night long.one called eutychus dozed off,fell of the window and died. the bible doesnt say much about it,but we know that sleeping is a natural tendency of the body.if you ve had a long day,then a long sermon can feel to you like valium.
grin grin grin remember that story too. i think he got raised from the dead
Re: Why Do People Sleep During Church Services? by thehomer: 9:44pm On Mar 13, 2012
Maxymilliano: I worshipped at one of the largest church in Nigeria, the Bishop in charge of the church is very good at what he does and there's never a dull moments. But over the years, i've seen quite a few members of the congregation dozes off during service, some of them are only active during praise & worship session but get drifted off as the service wore on.

In my teen age, i was made to understand it was the devil that is responsible for such acts.

Can anyone tell me what i don't know?

The services are boring.

(1) (Reply)

Christians, Sins, And The Blood Of Jesus. / What Happened To Manmuswac? / Girl Performs Song Half Naked In Church!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.