Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,302 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Why Do People Sleep In The Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Sleep In The Church? (42105 Views)

10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon / Why Do People Sleep In Church / Why Do People Sleep In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 13, 2013
Nairalanders whats your take on this? Why do u think people sleep in the church during service

A cross section of some church members sleeping in the church

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Dubby6(m): 12:03pm On Oct 13, 2013
NL una no dey tire for dis jamb question?

13 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
a) Saturday night late clubbing + hangover
b) Heavy early morning secxx
c) Boring sermon
d) Sweet A/C (air conditioning) in church on a hot day
e)Last night's Eba for breakfast (because of rushing to church and not time to prepare breakfast)

112 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
Be careful! For some who sleep in church might be saved while those who observe and post their pictures online might perish. It might be good if all shud mind his or her business at church for veryone come but for different reasons.

28 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
May be those guys are under anointing

15 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by greatgod2012(f): 11:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
@op, that your photo up there isn't real.

44 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by wazobiaforu(m): 6:43am On Nov 10, 2013
I seconded greatgod2012, maybe the picture was taken during a drama
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 10, 2013
Wen pple sleep in church,dey don't sleep dat deep na,d pix wasn't taken in church!

8 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 10, 2013
Mostly boring sermons na,

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Afam4eva(m): 1:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
Satan gives them a very heavy knock on the head grin On a more serious note i've always wondered that also. I used to sleep in church especially in night services and the sleep is usually the strongest and sometimes, i would wish that a bed be presented to me at that spot. The funny thing is that i always pray that the service comes to an end as soon as possible and when the service eventually comes to an end, the sleep disappears.

23 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by crystalballs: 1:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
Because Pastor is always preaching prosperity.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by PasD(m): 1:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
Because they are feelin sleepy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Jayses(m): 1:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
Wonders shall never end , u mean u went to church and took pictures with ur frends rememba God dey ooo

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
Some pastors give sleeping pills from Altars...

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Vivly(f): 1:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
It's either they ate very heavy food before church. Sometimes, custard can make one sleep.
Also, If the sermon is very boring, people will sleep.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by israelboy1(m): 1:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
Church trekked to the world
world ran into the church
hundreds of pastors-millions of deluders
hundreds of churches-millions of wars
words of love shared-lots of haters....

At the END, our beautiful eyes, *nt like eyerinze* what it sees most TIME..tells to us that all of the THINGS in this world is vanity
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by mrphysics(m): 1:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
pastors are busy talking abt weath, money and prosperity and dis one's have no option dan to rest till they r tru

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by cutebobo(m): 1:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
To answer ur question op, 'Why do boring pastor preach'

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by philip0906(m): 1:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
d pix ain't real undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by condralbede(m): 1:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
greatgod2012: @op, that your photo up there isn't real.
seconded, that's not a church.there is no way d whole congretion will be slping in d church.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by olanrewajumi(m): 1:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
if u were serious wiff d service too,u wuldnt av d tym to snap dos ppl sleeping..c d pot calling d kettle black..mtchew
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Udohbaba(m): 1:06pm On Nov 10, 2013
that is not a church joor

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by 2map(m): 1:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
What if those guys are Nairalanders? #just thinking grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by djeezy(m): 1:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
A means the devil uses to distract people from hearing the word of God.hehehe, well I think some had a lot to drink on saturday and got a hangover in church, could also be due to other factors, we all know how the word sometimes sound boring.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
That pix is photo shopped,some people sleep because the devil is running wild to ensure that they don't receive any blessing from the sermon.

Such people won't sleep in show,or event.

Some even believe in just warming the church bench,and also believe in there presence in the church,either they benefit from the sermon or not.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Sermwell(m): 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
This is because those so called men of God are merely repeating themselves! Giving false hope to those deluded members and some of them are already tired of those bullcrap! And this yeye sermons are most times unneccessarily long!...what else?...
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Femistico(m): 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
mayb d preaching is boring

first page thinz
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Uglyduckling: 1:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
Same reasons people sleep in classrooms and seminars.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by seunlayi(m): 1:11pm On Nov 10, 2013
if this is a church certainly, this attack has been won by power and principalities. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
I'll sue the op for unauthorized snapshot and also posting my photo online for the world to see without my permission.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Clemzy16(m): 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
People sleep in church so that they can communicue better with God, Afterall they say you can't see God if your eyes are open.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by SirTunechi(f): 1:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
Because they are in their Father's house

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Goldie's Death Connected To Illuminati? / Have You Seen This Photo Of Our President And Akwa Ibom State PDP Governor? / Chris Okotie Celebrates His 62nd Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.