Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,443 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! (5661 Views)

Pics: Aunt Cuts Off 3yr Old Nephew's Penis For Entering The Toilet / The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs / My Nephew Has Autism, How Do We Manage It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by gaddafe(m): 9:04pm On Mar 13, 2012
Outstrip: So sad that this kid is sorrounded by very irresponsible careless adults. How hard is it to keep dangerous and life threatening substance from a baby. They should be ashamed of themselves. That kids needs to be removed from his parents. They should notbe having chldren

Gbam!
Op What if it was a loaded gun in the house,would you also keep it carelessly? IRRESPONSIBLE ADULTS!
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by sylve11: 9:07pm On Mar 13, 2012
don't worry he shall outgrown the act, i have seen/heard of several situations like that before. have u tried giving him chloroquine to chew before? cool
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by studyineu: 9:17pm On Mar 13, 2012
I don't blame de young boy, he seems to have realised that he was born into a bitter country called Nigeria, where bitter things do happen always, so he is trying to get used to the bitterness in Nigeria so that by the time he grew up it won't be a problem to him.

Let de guy be joriii
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by Zmkg: 9:30pm On Mar 13, 2012
diego maradona
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by KINGwax(m): 9:49pm On Mar 13, 2012
What d meaning of him being an addict cos he dey chew on drugs? Whatever a child learns to chew, he get accustomed to so what your big deal? If y'all hadn't been foolizh, is it new that u shld keep drugs outta children's reach?
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by Deolaw: 9:51pm On Mar 13, 2012
why bother urself further when someone suggested that it could be a 'pica disorder'. Op av u googled it at all?

Again, pls op pray for him o and add to ur tactics of hiding d drugs or else.... u know na.

Well, I would advice u to divert to bitter meals for him like bitter leaf soup with nice agbo eba... Malaria herbs.. then a bottle of guiness will do wonders. Pls also remember to brush his teeth with charcoal. Thanks

In my last paragraph... Do d opposite to help d boy ¤_¤
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by Gentleboby: 9:57pm On Mar 13, 2012
Seek for deliverance in the way of the Lord your child may be destiny one tomorrow, Beware of wrong advise demon is real but visit synagogue Lagos
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by 2mch(m): 11:20pm On Mar 13, 2012
Very strange behavior. I dont think it is his eating it that is the problem but his addiction and the way he forcefully seeks the drugs out. Sorry OP, but you may have a future druggie or someone with addictive personality which would most likely be a druggie. These are kids where you have to discipline it out of them. Thorough discipline so that they understand limits and control their desires. Otherwise you have a potential future gbege on your hands.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by FRANKLINTON(m): 11:40pm On Mar 13, 2012
Maybe he has taste disorder. Take him to a doctor for proper diagnosis. Drug overdose is not good for health.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by purefella(m): 12:38am On Mar 14, 2012
Bokoharam boy lols!!!
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by aieromon(m): 1:58am On Mar 14, 2012
Dead man walking.This kid needs serious help from a psychologist asap.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by Lexusgs430: 2:17am On Mar 14, 2012
Just makes sure he does not chew warfarin!
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by missdee1(f): 8:37am On Mar 14, 2012
Tho not funny,i can't help but laff.Da reason 4 dis is prolly da fact dat his taste bud misinterprets bitter tings as sweet n dis has to be assessed medically ASAP(out if 9ja if possible)as it may stunt his growth n produce irreversible complications like liver failure in future.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 14, 2012
He is absolutely normal.

I have a cousin who while we were growing uo loved eating chalk and cement.
I will crack the wall open and start divulging every particles of cement in the cracked wall. He stole chalk from school not to come home to write with it but to eat it like biscuit.

This went on till he finished secondary school (that old).

Chalk and cement are know to contain deadly substance I guess, but this dude is still alive.

Apart from the overdose consumption he might have as a small kid. I think he is. Absolutely normal.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by rabzy: 9:56am On Mar 14, 2012
The adults in this house need to wake up their responsibility. Get a cabinet and lock up all medicines. Spank the kid when he tries to get the drugs without supervision or authorization. If he loves bitter things to chew, there are a whole lot of healthful bitter 'snacks' you can get for him. Bitter kola, Ube, even original native chewing stick.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by bigshow123: 10:10am On Mar 14, 2012
sexy glow: Ask the parents to find out if his chromozone is xyy instead of normal XY.Its very unusual though.
is there a xyy chromosones?
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by agiboma(f): 1:46pm On Mar 14, 2012
Here is the deal, these parents are not trying hard enough to hide the drugs. The child is not an addict he simply likes to be mischevious and crunch on drugs instead of candy/sweets like most kids. I blame the parent's here, get a box and a good padlock, place the drugs inside and lock the box. The child is not Hodinie he cannot open it, place the box in a shelf where he cannot reach. When children are crafty, parents have to be more innovative to protect their childs welfare.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by cfours: 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2012
If you were in a country like the United States, the parents could get arrested for child neglect. Why would you leave paracetamol and other drugs within a 3 year old's reach? And then blame the child for being an 'addict'?
what in the world
I just hope you realize the consequences these drugs will have on the child's mental and physical development.
and I also hope you are feeding him properly with enough nutrients. because his behavior could be a sign that you are not feeding him properly.

The adults in this house need to wake up their responsibility. Get a cabinet and lock up all medicines. Spank the kid when he tries to get the drugs without supervision or authorization. If he loves bitter things to chew, there are a whole lot of healthful bitter 'snacks' you can get for him. Bitter kola, Ube, even original native chewing stick.

thank you.
even if you leave petrol within a child's reach. he will put it in his mouth. that's what children do. What kind of parents will allow stuff like that?
it is the adult's responsibility to make sure the child is in a safe environment.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by AustinG1(m): 4:33pm On Mar 14, 2012
grin grin grin Please Poster.. dont get this twisted.. i fink your nephew's taste buds works in opposite direction.. i mean, it gives him the opposite taste of what goes into his mouth.. so bitter things seem to sweet to him and sweet thing r just tasteless or bitter to him.. well, i just pray he out-grows it or .. he will start importing veneger into Nigeria..lol.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by bbporsche: 4:34pm On Mar 14, 2012
there's this little girl in my neighborhood then that use to eat soap grin grin grin grin especially key soap, but right now she has outgrown that funny habit. so ur case wont be different. ur nephew will be d one denying d fact that he ever tasted 'drugs' in the future. trust me wink
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by bbporsche: 9:08am On Mar 15, 2012
there's this little girl in my neighborhood then that use to eat soap grin grin grin grin especially key soap, but right now she has outgrown that funny habit. so ur case wont be different. ur nephew will be d one denying d fact that he ever tasted 'drugs' in the future. trust me wink
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by lilkech(m): 9:51pm On Mar 15, 2012
Im grateful for the contributions, all of them.

We will do the best we can and hope all gets better with the boy
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by dhummystecah(f): 12:24am On Dec 01, 2015
This is serious. The parent should keep all drugs away from him or keep no drug at home before we hear touching stories.

(1) (2) (Reply)

**aborting A 1month Preg. With Pills$ / Pharmacists, Nurses, Others Should Stop Competing With Doctors –NMA President / Bauchi Discharges 9 COVID-19 Patients Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.