Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Recorded Phone Call Between John F.kennedy And Abubakar Tafawa Balewa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recorded Phone Call Between John F.kennedy And Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (1723 Views)

Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos / Benue Massacre: Recorded Phone Conversation Implicates Governor’s Aide / Recorded Phone Call Between John F Kennedy And Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recorded Phone Call Between John F.kennedy And Abubakar Tafawa Balewa by maxsiollun: 4:03pm On Mar 13, 2012
Re: Recorded Phone Call Between John F.kennedy And Abubakar Tafawa Balewa by tpia5: 5:03pm On Mar 13, 2012
is this the one where he spoke with a british accent?

btw, why did tafawa balewa speak like a briton?
Re: Recorded Phone Call Between John F.kennedy And Abubakar Tafawa Balewa by tpia5: 5:03pm On Mar 13, 2012
was he raised in the UK?
Re: Recorded Phone Call Between John F.kennedy And Abubakar Tafawa Balewa by maxsiollun: 5:59pm On Mar 13, 2012
LOL at "is this the one where he spoke with a british accent?" Balewa ALWAYS spoke with a 'British accent' (as did many of our early post-independence leaders) These men were educated by, and learned English directly from British tutors. Hardly surprising that they adopted the pronunciation of their teachers.
Re: Recorded Phone Call Between John F.kennedy And Abubakar Tafawa Balewa by T9ksy(m): 6:55pm On Mar 13, 2012
maxsiollun: LOL at "is this the one where he spoke with a british accent?" Balewa ALWAYS spoke with a 'British accent' (as did many of our early post-independence leaders) These men were educated by, and learned English directly from British tutors. Hardly surprising that they adopted the pronunciation of their teachers.

Did zik talked with an american accent? I don't remember Awo talking like a briton even though he was taught in the uk by

british nay english tutors. Zik spent many years in the states studying yet he didn't talk with an american accent but we here have TB who

spent what? 12-20 months in england and "he's ALWAYS spoke with a british accent".

Seems to me like a case of colo-mentality in the sense that the man wants to talk like an englishman when he is a bloody african.
Re: Recorded Phone Call Between John F.kennedy And Abubakar Tafawa Balewa by tpia5: 8:34pm On Mar 13, 2012
his accent was actually an authentic one.

meaning it wasnt something he did to impress people but more like it would have taken a greater effort for him to sound non-British.
Re: Recorded Phone Call Between John F.kennedy And Abubakar Tafawa Balewa by tpia5: 8:36pm On Mar 13, 2012
maxsiollun: LOL at "is this the one where he spoke with a british accent?" Balewa ALWAYS spoke with a 'British accent' (as did many of our early post-independence leaders) These men were educated by, and learned English directly from British tutors. Hardly surprising that they adopted the pronunciation of their teachers.

He spoke english like a native British person. As if he was raised in a British household.

at least, going by the audio clip i heard oh.
Re: Recorded Phone Call Between John F.kennedy And Abubakar Tafawa Balewa by andresia(m): 10:03pm On Mar 13, 2012
T9ksy(m):

Did zik talked with an american accent? I don't remember Awo talking like a briton even though he was taught in the uk by

british nay english tutors. Zik spent many years in the states studying yet he didn't talk with an american accent but we here have TB who

spent what? 12-20 months in england and "he's ALWAYS spoke with a british accent".

Seems to me like a case of colo-mentality in the sense that the man wants to talk like an englishman when he is a bloody african.

Silly! He spoke in an internationally accepted british accent. That is the point here, pls dont allow your myopic tribal view of life affect ur sensibility!
Re: Recorded Phone Call Between John F.kennedy And Abubakar Tafawa Balewa by T9ksy(m): 11:21pm On Mar 13, 2012
andresia:

Silly! He spoke in an internationally accepted british accent. That is the point here, pls dont allow your myopic tribal view of life affect ur sensibility!

Yeye man, which one is "internationally accepted british accent". Most british and infact english people i know don''t

talk the way tafawa balewa spoke so where did you get your phantom consensus british accent from? only their toffs speaks like that.

So why then, i ask is our tafawa balewa trying to talk like an english toff? He only spent a year (1945-1946) in london where he obtained

his teacher's certificate in history!!!
Re: Recorded Phone Call Between John F.kennedy And Abubakar Tafawa Balewa by Desola(f): 11:23pm On Mar 13, 2012
Doesn't Lamido speak similarly?

I find that the Hausas are able to speak other languages fluently, most especially the English language due to the fluidity of their own language. Not any consonant barriers as that of the Yorubas and Ibos.
Re: Recorded Phone Call Between John F.kennedy And Abubakar Tafawa Balewa by tpia5: 4:18am On Mar 14, 2012
ok, i just listened to maxsiollun's clip and didnt hear any british accent.

so why is there another audiofile somewhere, of him speaking with one?

or was that ahmadu bello?
Re: Recorded Phone Call Between John F.kennedy And Abubakar Tafawa Balewa by SonofMan06: 10:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
tpia5: is this the one where he spoke with a british accent?

btw, why did tafawa balewa speak like a briton?
It has been a great wonder to me while Sir Abubakar spoke with distinct British accent. Someone should please come to my rescue before I am doomed to something irreversibly tragic: where the hell did Sir Abubakar get his British accent from? Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, who spent a lengthy period in the US in pursuit of a highly advanced form of education and was obviously far more educated than the late Prime Minister, spoke with no single trace of American accent. Sir Abubakar's English, to say the least, was superb.

(1) (Reply)

Wake Alu 4 / Ladipo Market: Fashola Raises Committee On Conflict Resolution / We Will Make Delta State University Abraka A Worldclass University- Tony Elumelu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.