Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,147 members, 7,953,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:19 PM

Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? - Phones (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? (93022 Views)

Why Blackberry Playbook Is Cheap / Request For Your Blackberry Playbook Android Apps Or Games / Blackberry Playbook Hard Reset Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by bigx(m): 8:23pm On Dec 19, 2012
cupid4ig: And all sideloaded apps still working fine
Just needed to confirm that, upgrading right away!!
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Fhemmmy: 8:31pm On Dec 19, 2012
bigx:
Just needed to confirm that, upgrading right away!!

I no even hear from you on the receipt of that stuff . . My Chair, hope you never cut your man out oh . . Lol
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by bigx(m): 8:48pm On Dec 19, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I no even hear from you on the receipt of that stuff . . My Chair, hope you never cut your man out oh . . Lol
The playbook? No vex o, my movement was/has been so scattered since then. I told you indirectly on your tech market thread though. Im really enjoying the thing wonder why RIM doesnt promote it more.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Olisa4all: 9:07pm On Dec 19, 2012
bigx: @niiade sorry I couldn't make it the other day o, I totally forgot all about lagos traffic. Was done around 1pm with lagos and still almost missed my evening flight. Una de try sha.
I dowloaded like two of the apps and tried the sideloading just now, after putting in the IP address and password on DDPB it says It cannot connect to playbook, that I should try pinging the IP address and etc.
Has anyone experienced dis bifo
do u hv java installed on ur computer?if u dont, download&install
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Olisa4all: 9:13pm On Dec 19, 2012
drumme:

hi guys, i was robbed 3weeks ago. but u can now reach me on 07039317035 for playbook fixing. thanks. missed everyone here
sry bout dat bro, gotn anova pb 4rm baba nii himself tho grin
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by bigx(m): 9:14pm On Dec 19, 2012
Olisa4all:
do u hv java installed on ur computer?if u dont, download&install

I found a workaround. I installed Playbook App Manager Extension in my chrome browser and all I need to do is drag and drop .bar files into the browser and they are installed automatically.
Thanks a lot for the tip though. smiley
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Olisa4all: 9:21pm On Dec 19, 2012
bigx:

I found a workaround. I installed Playbook App Manager Extension in my chrome browser and all I need to do is drag and drop .bar files into the browser and they are installed automatically.
Thanks a lot for the tip though. smiley
cool dats a good1, i'll give it a shot soon tho, hp it can handle large .bar files like modern combat for example
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Fhemmmy: 3:30am On Dec 20, 2012
bigx:
The playbook? No vex o, my movement was/has been so scattered since then. I told you indirectly on your tech market thread though. Im really enjoying the thing wonder why RIM doesnt promote it more.

I think the screen size as well as the fact that no 3G, they will have to market it as much as Apple market Ipads . . . It is a real nice piece.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Pretty002: 7:39am On Dec 20, 2012
pls, i need ur help o! I hv a bb playbk 32gb and i hv nt bn able 2 use it. I only upgraded it to 0s2 som months ago. Pls how do i use it bcs am thinking of selling n gettin an ipad3 or samsung galaxy note2/tab..am fed up pls help me
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 8:19am On Dec 20, 2012
Pretty002: pls, i need ur help o! I hv a bb playbk 32gb and i hv nt bn able 2 use it. I only upgraded it to 0s2 som months ago. Pls how do i use it bcs am thinking of selling n gettin an ipad3 or samsung galaxy note2/tab..am fed up pls help me

Why have you not been able to use it? Do you already own a Blackberry phone? Do you have blackberry bridge installed? Have you bridged both devices?
Answering questions like this, would help resolving whatever issues you might have.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Pretty002: 8:28am On Dec 20, 2012
i dnt use a bb
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Pretty002: 9:58am On Dec 20, 2012
@Lexus, tanx. So I must own a bb first
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by bigx(m): 10:06am On Dec 20, 2012
Pretty002: @Lexus, tanx. So I must own a bb first

You can use any Wifi network if you dont use a bb. Apart from that, what smart phone do you have? You can use the Internet tethering feature on your playbook to share any phone's internet connection and browse with it.

I got a playbook from fhemmmy 2 weeks back and I gave my ipad2 out just days back to a cousin(& dont miss it one bit, it was always under my bed or in odd places anyway), I use the playbook a whole lot more.
Ive been using ipads since they first came out and they are too restrictive to me.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by bigx(m): 10:08am On Dec 20, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I think the screen size as well as the fact that no 3G, they will have to market it as much as Apple market Ipads . . . It is a real nice piece.

I doubt o, if its the screen size apple wouldnt have launched the iPad mini, also iPad Wifi versions sell well and there's also the 4g playbook which you would never know exists except you do some digging.
I feel their marketing dept is just weak, or they are scared of patent suits from apple. wink
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Pretty002: 10:29am On Dec 20, 2012
@Bigx, thanks. I use a nokia phone.
How do i ping wit d playbk.
I wl get a phone nxt wk bt dnt knw d one dat wl b gud 4 playbk. Is it a bb or a phone wit WiFi?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by bigx(m): 10:41am On Dec 20, 2012
Pretty002: @Bigx, thanks. I use a nokia phone.
How do i ping wit d playbk.
I wl get a phone nxt wk bt dnt knw d one dat wl b gud 4 playbk. Is it a bb or a phone wit WiFi?

What type of nokia? Does it browse? And does it have bluetooth?

If you want to ping on the Playbook then you must get a blackberry phone.

For the phone you would like to get, if you want one "good for the playbook" get a bb, preferably one with 3G and running the Newer operating system like Curve 9320(very good battery), Bold 9790, 9900, 9930 or any you like. All work with the playbook. I've also tried it with a Curve 3 (9300) and it works flawlessly there too.

Meanwhile, if your nokia browses and has bluetooth the following might be helpful.

http://mobility.com.ng/tethering-playbook-with-a-pink-2008-feature-phone/

http://mobility.com.ng/share-your-mobile-internet-plan-with-blackberry-playbook-via-bluetooth-or-wi-fi/
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 10:55am On Dec 20, 2012
Pretty002: @Lexus, tanx. So I must own a bb first

You do not need to own a blackberry phone to use the playbook. But to maximize all your benefits + potentials on the playbook, owning a blackberry phone 3G enabled is a MUST - HAVE !!!!
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Pretty002: 11:30am On Dec 20, 2012
@Bigx and Lexus is a Nokia C5. I browse wit it. But wl get a bb 9900 next week. Wen i get it, i wil b back 4 ur assistance.
Thanks, i do appreciate.
God bless u
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by bigx(m): 11:40am On Dec 20, 2012
Pretty002: @Bigx and Lexus is a Nokia C5. I browse wit it. But wl get a bb 9900 next week. Wen i get it, i wil b back 4 ur assistance.
Thanks, i do appreciate.
God bless u

You can browse on your playbook with the nokia c5 too. It has 3g and bluetooth
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Pretty002: 11:49am On Dec 20, 2012
thanks. Do u think i stil need bb?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by bigx(m): 11:57am On Dec 20, 2012
Pretty002: thanks. Do u think i stil need bb?

Yes if you want to enjoy your playbook fully.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Pretty002: 12:02pm On Dec 20, 2012
thanks dear
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by bigx(m): 6:02pm On Dec 20, 2012
Pretty002: thanks dear
You're welcome
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by cupid4ig(m): 7:37pm On Dec 20, 2012
Pretty002: pls, i need ur help o! I hv a bb playbk 32gb and i hv nt bn able 2 use it. I only upgraded it to 0s2 som months ago. Pls how do i use it bcs am thinking of selling n gettin an ipad3 or samsung galaxy note2/tab..am fed up pls help me
pretty where are u?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Pretty002: 7:39pm On Dec 20, 2012
warri
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by cupid4ig(m): 8:53pm On Dec 20, 2012
Pretty002: warri
awwwww y didnt u post ur question on time just left warri on tuesday woild have show u how amazing the playbook is all the same my advice is dont sell ur pb for ipad cos u will be spending more and all that. i dont thing there is anything ipad can do that the pb cant except skyping which we are hoping it will comee when the os10 comes. a friend of mine that had an ipad2 after playing my sideloaded games and seeing how the bridging works vow to get one cos he have curve 4 already and he said his ipad is useless cos there is no wifi now that is where playbook magic is cos with ur mtn unlimited bis trust me if u are in 3g area and u dont know what to do just open youtube stream till u fall asleep and continue when u wake up grin grin try get a bb and see the magic of pb kiss kiss
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Pretty002: 9:00pm On Dec 20, 2012
thanks dear..wl get back 2 u wen i get my bb..i really do appreciate
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by cupid4ig(m): 3:49am On Dec 21, 2012
Pretty002: thanks dear..wl get back 2 u wen i get my bb..i really do appreciate
u are welcome dear
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by drumme: 6:46am On Dec 21, 2012
I still need a 32g playbook urgently, anyone who has for sale should contact me. Tnx
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Pretty002: 2:33pm On Dec 21, 2012
@Bigx, pls how do i connect my C5 to d playbk
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by ogunpeju01(m): 4:34pm On Dec 21, 2012
alstacs: Pls who has a practical experience with bridging of playbook with BB phone in Nigeria?I would like to know how satisfied satisfied or otherwise you are in areas with 3G and EDGE signal.
Do you think this experience is comparable to Samsung galaxy tab or superior in some aspects??
do it yourself login and register www.aliexpress.com
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by bigx(m): 4:37pm On Dec 21, 2012
ogunpeju01:
do it yourself login and register www.aliexpress.com
They bridge on aliexpress?

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (66) (Reply)

Pls,anybody Help Wit MSDICT ACTIVATION KEY / Whatsapp Latest Feature: Swipe To Reply, Dark Mode And Lots More / Telegram Releases Version 4.8 With With Video Streaming And Many More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.