Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Rover! Rover! Rover! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Rover! Rover! Rover! (11512 Views)

Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport / Leaked Pictures - 2013 Range Rover / Overheating In Rover 75 V6 2.5 Liter Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by Sunnyjean(m): 7:41pm On Apr 11, 2008
Sienna,

please waht do u think about 1999 nissan altima. in terms of maintenance etc cos i just bought the car. also i noticed some rust under the car, is it normal?
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2008
Sunnyjean:

Sienna,

please what do u think about 1999 Nissan altima. in terms of maintenance etc because i just bought the car. also i noticed some rust under the car, is it normal?

Sorry, I forgot to answer your question earlier.

Nissan Altima is pretty much a Stanza replacement, and mechanically, it's similar to the Nissan Bluebird / Primera range, so maintenance won't be an issue. There have been no major reliability issues to date.

Most mechanical parts from earlier models are direct replacements, and plentiful in Nigeria, both used and new.

Surface rust on underbody components - subframes, swivel arms, rear axle beam etc are normal, and not a cause for concern. These parts are a lot thicker than the rest of the bodywork, so rest assured, the rust won't eat deep enough to cause metal fatigue.

If the rust however, is on the floorpan / sills, then you need to get it treated before it DOES become an issue. For floorpan, just use a wire brush to remove loose rust, and use an anti-corrosion agent to treat the affected areas, then prime, paint then finally, apply underseal.

You can treat rust on subframes and other chassis components in a similar manner.

1 Like

Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by wolesamson: 6:26pm On Nov 26, 2009
Hi Siena,

i read all your replies and they are so wonderful. please i need your help so urgently. i just bought a Rover 75, 2.5 V6 2000 model, and its been overheating since i bough it. 1stly, the fan was not working, i got a mechanic that was able to to solve that but still the overheating will not stop. is there anything i could do to put a stop to this. i need you to really help me before i cook my enigine.

Thank you in advance, i just hope you will get this posting.

Wole.
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by chikeorji123(m): 11:14pm On Nov 26, 2009
@seina
thanks a lot for your contribution,please what about the ROVER 75 4CYLINDER 2003 MODEL.I"m about to purchase one soon.
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by ishadosi: 6:22pm On Jun 02, 2010
hello Mr Siena,
you seem knowledgeable about cars
pls what do u think about Peugeot cars especially 607,307 and 406
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by ishadosi: 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2010
@cybersleek,what do u think about peugeot cars especially 607,307 and 406?
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 02, 2010
ishadosi:

hello Mr Siena,
you seem knowledgeable about cars
pls what do u think about Peugeot cars especially 607,307 and 406

Whilst not as tough as older Peugeot models - 404, 504, 505 etc, they are reliable. The bodywork, as with most French cars, is fairly thin, though there have been no issues with corrosion till date.

607 and 307 have modular bodyshells, which means LHD / RHD cars use the same shells, so converting from RHD to LHD is a doddle. The diesel versions are particularly desirable, and account for about 85% of fleet cars in Britain.
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 02, 2010
chikeorji123:

@seina
thanks a lot for your contribution,please what about the ROVER 75 4CYLINDER 2003 MODEL.I"m about to purchase one soon.

Just seen this thread - I hope I'm not too late, and you haven't bought the Rover 75? K-series Rover engines were improved around 2001, but still not perfect, and still prone to cylinder head gasket failure, albeit in smaller numbers. If you must buy a Rover 75, I'd advice you search for the 2,0 turbo diesel version, which uses BMW's excellent 2,0 TDS unit.
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by ishadosi: 7:05pm On Jun 04, 2010
ok thanks Mr Siena.talking about diesel cars do you think it's a bad idea using one nigeria?
lotsa folks seem to be against it.what's your take?
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by femmy2010(m): 7:13pm On Jun 04, 2010
Siena,u are too much.
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 04, 2010
ishadosi:

ok thanks Mr Siena.talking about diesel cars do you think it's a bad idea using one nigeria?
lotsa folks seem to be against it.what's your take?

Nothing wrong with using diesel-engined cars in Nigeria. Those against it are very uneducated, in terms of what works well. What about diesel-engined trucks in Nigeria, they've been about for donkeys years. Who's been taking care of those?

A diesel engine will cover a lot more miles than an equivalent petrol one. They run at a lot lower temperature than petrol ones, so wear will be at a slower rate, which means a longer service life.
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by idiopathic: 8:14am On Jun 08, 2010
Hi Siena,
I have been following your postings on this auto site and have gained immensely from your advice. I have a very clean RHD 2002 Rover 75 connoisseur V6 saloon,engine size 2.5 with 62000 miles.
I have had it for over 2 years and it has been very reliable the only problem was an incident of overhearting which was fixed after the fan was changed.

I am considring sending it to an uncle in Nigeria.
What is your advice?
Can you concert it to LHD? What will be the cost of this service?

I am based in Cardiff and you can respond either on this forum or by mailing me on: doctorkk1001@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by insight04: 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2010
idiopathic:

Hi Siena,
I have been following your postings on this auto site and have gained immensely from your advice. I have a very clean RHD 2002 Rover 75 connoisseur V6 saloon,engine size 2.5 with 62000 miles.
I have had it for over 2 years and it has been very reliable the only problem was an incident of overhearting which was fixed after the fan was changed.

What is your advice?

I am based in Cardiff and you can respond either on this forum or by mailing me on: doctorkk1001@yahoo.co.uk.

@Idiopathic,

I have just shipped a RHD Rover to Nigeria this week. After the conversion of mine to LHD I will let you know how it went and what it cost me
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by KennyG6(m): 12:53pm On Jun 08, 2010
idiopathic:

Hi Siena,
What is your advice?
interesting posts guys. I also have a RHD Rover 75 club i no longer use and have asked a few people in naija if there is a market for it but the response i got wasnt too positive. Its done 55k with full service history and is in full working condition just want to know how much your fetched in naija
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by insight04: 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2010
Kenny_G:

interesting posts guys. I also have a RHD Rover 75 club i no longer use and have asked a few people in naija if there is a market for it but the response i got wasnt too positive. Its done 55k with full service history and is in full working condition just want to know how much your fetched in naija

I dont think he has sent his Rover to Nigeria yet
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by idiopathic: 9:20pm On Jun 08, 2010
My Rover is still in the UK. I have had it close to 2 years and it hasn't really developed any serious problems except for the fan which was repaired.
I am considering changing it to LHD and ship to Nigeria. I just wanted some advice about the cost of this changeover and durability on niger roads.
insight04:

@Idiopathic,

I have just shipped a RHD Rover to Nigeria this week. After the conversion of mine to LHD I will let you know how it went and what it cost me
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by ishadosi: 7:38am On Jun 11, 2010
@Siena,if it's ok please put your number here.
wanna give you a call.
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by ishadosi: 7:39am On Jun 11, 2010
or email
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 11, 2010
ishadosi:

@Siena,if it's ok please put your number here.
wanna give you a call.

Hi, you could contact me via YIM - details in my profile.
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 11, 2010
idiopathic:

Hi Siena,

What is your advice?

My contact details are in my profile.
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 11, 2010
I would however, not advice anyone to ship a Rover 75 to Nigeria - they have reliability issues even here in their home country, won't be any better in Nigeria.
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by Niseed(m): 11:20am On Jun 11, 2010
siena, i just sent you a request on YIM. need to ask a few questions

cheers
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by Niseed(m): 11:38am On Jun 11, 2010
Siena can a dashboard/steering rack etc from a 206(lhd) hatchbach fit a 206cc(rhd)?
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 11, 2010
Niseed:

Siena can a dashboard/steering rack etc from a 206(lhd) hatchbach fit a 206cc(rhd)?

There are differences between the 206 hatch and CC interior, but yes, they're interchangeable.
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by webhostbiz: 6:34pm On May 07, 2011
kindly let me know the problems and benefits of Peugeot 407. Because i am about buying one. Thanks
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 07, 2011
^^^ Problems with the Rover 75? Where do I start? Porous cylinder heads, weak cylinder blocks, poorly-machined crankshafts. Buy one at your own risk.
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by emmyz09(m): 11:24am On Aug 23, 2011
hello oga sienna am new 2 cars and am highly interested in mercedez benz vboot wit 4cylinders. But what are its peculiar issues as am been adviced dat vboot drinks fuel like tractors pls come 2 my rescue b4 i make a huge mistake
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by IITAIb: 11:21am On Nov 04, 2011
@ siena, i just converted a 99 Frelander i bought from the UK. I have only driven it for 2 weeks.
Am still cruising with it and have nt had a issues.
how best can i maintain this car to reduce the risk of problems associated with Rover cars.
I already know rovers can be problematic

Secondly, I also have a converted UK Bora 2003. I have not driven it for more than 3 months. there has been intermittent AC failures. How best can these be maintained also?
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by judegwy: 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2012
Pls can anyone advise me on the advantages and disadvantages of owning a honda legend 1994 gs sedan with 58k on it. I am about to get one. Thanks.
Re: Rover! Rover! Rover! by FancyDaddy: 12:51am On Feb 16, 2020
I have a 2011 MG3 with a Bad Gear. Please can I convert the engine to diesel. I don't know where to get the engine. Please advice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? / Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? / Whats Does This Sign Mean In Dash Board??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.